Chapter 41

I'll Be Yours

 

CHANYEOL P.O.V.

“Chaerae-ah! Chaerae-ah!” I kept calling after her but she was ignoring me, walking fast enough to beat my long strides, but not by a lot. I caught up to her and grabbed a hold of her wrist causing her to stop and turn around to face me. Her eyes were burning with angry tears and her plump lips were set into a cold scowl as she regarded me.

 

“WHAT?! What do you want from me?!” She didn’t yell at me, but there was enough force in her voice for me to get that she was thoroughly upset at me. I sighed and let go of her wrist. I honestly didn’t know what I wanted to ask her. Why did you break up with me, tell me the truth? Why did you go to Kai instead of me? Why are you ignoring me? Why won’t you talk to me? Do you still love me? Do you feel anything for me at all?

 

“I just… I miss you.” It was all I could say. And it was the truth. I missed her like crazy. I had tried to forget her so many times. When my mother tried to get me to talk about marriage after my idol duties were completely finished, I refused and told her that I had a person in mind already. It was Chaerae. It had always been her, and would continue to only be her. “I can’t stand not hearing your voice. It has been over a year since I last saw you! You ignore me! And the next time I hear about you, it is from Kai! You two were enemies! And now I see you two acting like a couple! Do you know how much that hurts me, Jagiya?” I hadn’t meant to continue that way. All of my pent up feelings and frustrations bubbled over and I began talking about anything and everything that came up in my mind.

 

“I can’t do this. I have to go. Don’t follow me again.” She her heel and began walking away once more. I still followed her, despite her order not to. When she noticed this we were already all the way at the end of the hall where the restrooms were located, she turned to me once again and puffed her cheeks in frustration. “What did I just say, Chanyeol?” She gave me a pout that reminded me so much of the times when we were together.

 

“Not to follow you?” She nodded as I responded. “But I didn’t follow you. I came to use the restroom.” I jokingly gestured to the doors to my left. She raised one brow and sighed.

 

“Chanyeol… I can’t d-“ I pushed her into the room beside us and locked the door. She was so shocked she couldn’t react in time. I pressed her up against the wall, holding both of her wrists in my right hand above her head, and pushed loose strands of her hair from her face as I came closer and closer. I saw the shock and fear in her eyes as I neared her even more, slowly. It felt as though time had stopped as I pressed my body against hers. She was holding her breath and after a few seconds when my lips were but a centimeter from hers she exhaled.

 

CHAERAE P.O.V.

He kept coming closer and closer. My heart was racing and I couldn’t breathe. I took in his features now that he was so close to me. His wide brown orbs stared into me with so much concentration it was incredible. His now short hair was perfectly framing his bone structure and it made his gorgeous face so much more attractive. His plump lips were parted and I could feel his warm breath. 

 

"Chaerae-ah..." Shivers ran down my spine as his ridiculously deep voice met my ears. "Please... Don't go..." With that he gently placed his lips on mine. I could feel the hesitation from the way he kept his lips shut together. He was still as stone and his eyes were squeezed shut. Without thinking I pushed against his chest and tried to wiggle free. 

 

"Chanyeol! Let me go!" His lips on mine muffled my cries and I heard him groan as he pulled away, still keeping y hands above my head and my body pressed against the wall restricting almost all movement. His eyes burned in anger and I could see frustration build up. 

 

"Why did you break up with me!?" He shouted at me, his deep voice cracking as tears spilled from his eyes. My heart squeezed once again as I saw the tears drip down his cheeks past his chin and onto his neck. Some simply dropped to my chest from his chin. He lowered his head and slowly let go of my wrists. He moved his hands to the wall on either side of my face, still somewhat keeping me in place, but giving me room to move an even escape if I wanted to. He let out a strangled sigh and then faced me once again. There was desperation in his voice and his teary eyes. "Please... Just give me an answer... Please?"

 

I bit my lip as I looked into his eyes. I was trying my best to hold back my tears and from telling him every last detail. They had just come back and we had just debuted. I was not going to create any more drama to our lives. And I wasn’t going to hurt anyone. I just couldn’t. “Chanyeol-ah… I already told you.” In a second anger took over his normally happy demeanor. He slammed his hands against the wall and I jumped, letting out a small shriek.

 

“Don’t lie to me! If what you said was true, then where is that bastard?! Tell me why you did this to me?” His voice began to waver and he was now looking anywhere but at me. After about two minutes of staying in that position he moved away and covered his face with his hand. His back hit the wall and he slowly slid down the wall until he was already on the floor. His head fell forward onto his arms and I could see his back shake as sobs escaped his lips.

 

Why am I like this! I am hurting the one person I love the most! That’s right. I love Chanyeol the most. After almost two years of trying so hard to forget him and almost two years of pain and tears, I still had so many feelings for him. And that would never change. Which was why I just could not tell him the truth.

 

“What would it hurt…”His voice cracked and I could tell that he was trying hard to stop crying. I had never seen Chanyeol cry. Never. He lifted his head weakly, red and puffy eyes pleading with me. “What would it hurt to tell me the truth?” I bit my lip once again.

 

“If I tell you… it won’t change a thing, Chanyeol. Just be happy with the answer I gave you before. You’ve done fine with it so far.” I looked away, ashamed of myself. I heard him scoff and I looked back at him, shocked with his reaction. He looked at me with a bit of anger.

 

“If it won’t change anything, then why won’t you tell me?” He grabbed a hold of my chin with a bit of force causing me to fall forward into his lap. My heart started racing once again and my breath caught in my throat. “At least tell me… That it wasn’t… because you hate me?” He again pushed my hair from my face and I could see the adoration I once loved to see in his eyes.

 

I don’t know why, but I let out a sigh and leaned up to meet his lips in the first real kiss we’d shared in almost two years.

 

***

I was focused on brushing my hair out as Jueun came into the room to go to sleep. She had just come from the practice room in our dorm and she looked over at me. I was sure she thought I was crazy from the way I just stared at nothing in general as my thoughts scrambled all over the place.

 

“You should go to sleep already, Chaerae-ah.” She climbed into her bed and I hummed. I set my brush down and climbed into my own bed, taking my phone with me. “Did you and Chanyeol make up?” I went rigid when I heard her question.

 

“Yeah… How did you know?” I blushed and I was glad that the single light in the room was casting shadows so that she couldn’t see. I was not surprised that she knew about both Chanyeol and my change in demeanor when we came back to the set. She was the only one that had noticed us leave, and she was the only one who noticed when we came back. She had left us alone, but sent me a look when Kai came up to me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

 

“You both seemed a lot less burdened when you came back. And he was smiling the way he used to.” I heard her heave a sigh. “What about Kai?”

 

“I… I don’t know right now. It’s not like me and Chanyeol are back together. I just told him the truth.” I shifted onto my side as my phone vibrated beside my head. I smiled. It was from Chanyeol.

 

From: Chanyeol

 

Sleep well tonight~ See you on Inkigayo tomorrow! ^^

-       <3 Your Yeobeo

 

I smiled to myself as I quickly typed back a reply as Jueun spoke. “Do as your heart tells you. But remember that Kai was there for you when you needed someone. At least be gentle, arasso?” I hummed and sent the message. Within the next few minutes we both fell asleep.

~~~~~~

Hello >! Thank you for reading! Please do subscribe and comment! ^^ Upvotes are lovely too~

Since it is my birthday tomorrow, I decided to update today. ^^ Did you like it? Hopefully I can write another chapter tomorrow, but I might be busy all day long. :P

 

I have to go now (If you watch the NBA finals, you would understand why this Spurs fan is giddy with happiness) and sleep! Untill next time, my lovelies~