CHANCES................

My SHINeeng (SHINNING) STAR

 

JEE IN POV

 

I arrived at the hospital around 10 in the evening. Taemin oppa called me a bit late that’s why I went here at the hospital a bit late too.

 

I walked in a fast phase towards the nursing station to ask the nurse what does Key oppa’s room number. At first she was hesitating to tell to me because maybe their manager told them that never tell to anyone where’s Key’s room. But when I mentioned Taemin oppa’s name, she gave it to me too.

 

While I was at the elevator, I have plenty of thoughts running in my brain. What will I say to him once he saw me here? Should I say hi? How are you? I think asking how is he is a bit harsh. Who would be happy nor fine upon hearing the news that you can’t dance more than a year? Not can even walk!. Stupid me.

 

I shouldn’t just came here empty handed. Why do I always forget something when it all comes to Key?! Tsk!

 

Ding!

 

Ok. this is it Jee In. just go in the flow. If he’ll push you away just stick to him no matter what happen. He might be tough outside but you knew it yourself that he was fragile and needed someone beside him. So it’s time for you to set aside your sulk.

 

I was walking silently and slowly towards his room. Only two more steps before I arrive at his room when suddenly, I heard a loud thud inside. I immediately but silently peeked from outside. I was shocked to see Key oppa on the floor. He was sitting at the floor hitting it lightly. He tried to stood up again, holding at the edge of the bed to help him to balance his body but once he stood up from his knees, he fell again.

 

I almost covered my mouth when I saw that scene. I can’t believe it. His legs was wrapped by bandage and his right arms has also bandage. Key oppa was struggling to stand up by himself. How could things be so cruel?

 

“I’m useless….” That’s all the words I heard from him. It was a plain and expressionless words.

 

Once again, he tried to stand up with the help of the bed. He was about to fall again but I ran as fast as I can so that he won’t meet the floor again.

 

Once I caught him, he immediately looked up to me and when our eyes met, I can’t explain the feelings I felt.

 

Pity, sad and love. I’ve never saw Key oppa’s sad expression. I’ve never saw his aura so down. He wasn’t that blooming anymore. He was the worst Key oppa I’ve ever met since he debut.

 

“what are you doing here?” he asked surprised.

 

I didn’t answered him instead, I helped him to sit down at his bed.

 

“how about you? What are you doing?” I asked back not looking at him. I was fixing his bed sheet and trying to fix also his blanket.

 

“I’m just trying to walk.” He answered politely.

 

Wow. He didn’t even scold me or yelled at me.

 

“you’re trying to walk yet you already know that you can’t.” I said still making myself busy and acting like a cold penguin.

 

I didn’t heard anything from him after that. He just remained silent and played his hospital shirt. I carefully lifted his legs and placed it at the bed and covered half of his body with the blanket. He was still sitting so I can’t cover his whole body.

I sighed and took a sit at the chair which is placed beside his bed. We didn’t made any eye contact nor conversation. It’s not because I am nervous but I don’t know how to start a conversation.

 

Since silence is already too much at the scene. I decided to clear my throat and looked at him. And that’s it. He looked at me too. We looked at each other for a few seconds when he started to ask something.

 

“why are you here?” he asked.

 

“Taemin oppa called me. and he said that you were here. so i came to visit you.” I simply answered.

 

“what for?” he asked.

 

That question caught me off guard. Yeah Jee In, what for???

 

“because I care for you.” I answered looking straightly into his eyes. though he wasn’t looking at me, I think my looks magnets his eyes that made him look also to me.

 

And that’s it. I saw him smiled. A fake smile.

 

“you cared for me? don’t lie.” He shook his head.

 

KEY POV

 

She said she cared for me. huh! Really??? She should watch her words. She has already Taemin. And why the hell did Taemin mentioned her that I am here? Didn’t I told him not to mention it to her?! that kid is really a hard headed maknae!

 

“you know, I was really shock when I heard that you guys will be in hiatus for 2 years. You’ve just been in to a recording that night and came back from Japan from promotion. You were in the middle of promotions and fames but why did you guys decided to have a hiatus? You guys also dropped at the school without informing anyone. You made decisions rashly. I wanted to ask Taemin oppa but I was too shy to ask. I am really worried about SHINee. The last time I check, you guys are all complaining about how tired all of you. But I am not too stupid to think that you decided for hiatus because you wanted a rest. I know something happened but I decided not to in because I promised to you before that I won’t stick to SHINee’s life anymore. But when Taemin oppa called me a while ago, he explained me why SHINee decided for a sudden hiatus. And I felt so worried more when I heard that you’ve met a car accident and you’ll be undergoing a surgery next week.” She explained wearing those worry eyes of her.

 

Oh Jee In, you don’t know how I missed those eyes of you. You don’t know how I missed being with you alone.

 

“so? You don’t have to worry me. just mind your boyfriend.” I rolled my eyes and took away my looks on her. I need to act cold towards her because I don’t want her to see me turning soft because of her.

 

“boyfriend?” I heard her asking me.

 

I looked at her and I saw her confused looks. Huh! Caught you right?

 

“don’t act like you don’t have one.” I said crossing my arms.

 

“but I don’t have one.” She answered tilting her head to her side.

 

Oh my god Jee In stop doing that ok?! you don’t know that you’re killing me with those cute acts of you.

 

“liar. I know that you and Taemin is in a relationship.” I glared at her.

 

“mwo?!” she half shouted straightly into my face.

 

“yah!” I shouted back at her. how could this girl be so loud?! She even dared shouting right in front of my face.

 

“I don’t have a boyfriend. Taemin isn’t my boyfriend. We are just friends.” She said trying to explain it to me.

 

I scoffed and gave her a smirk. “c’mon Jee In. if you and him are only friends, why did you kissed him in the rain? That’s way too romantic isn’t it?” I asked sarcastically.

 

I saw her blushed and jaw dropped. Gotcha! Now you have no way to escape.

 

“what? Still trying to escape?” I asked still with smirk on my lips.

 

“you.. you saw.. it?” she asked stuttering.

 

“yes. I saw everything. I saw how he kissed you and how you closed your eyes accepting his kiss.” My smirk fades and felt the hot blood running to my head.

 

“i.. I never accepted his kiss…” she was still in a surprise.

 

“oh really?? Then what does kiss means?” I asked.

 

I saw her sighed and slumped her shoulders down. “how about you? Mind explaining why did you kiss Nicole eonnie? Taemin oppa said that you and Nicole eonnie isn’t a couple.”  She retorted.

 

Wow. This girl really knows how to change the topic huh.

 

“she was my friend. Why? Is it bad to kiss her?” I asked rising my one brow.

 

“ok then. Taemin is my friend too. So that’s not also a big deal if I kiss him on his lips right?” she asked back.

 

This girl!!! She’s really getting in to my nerves!

 

“it’s not right! You shouldn’t just kiss random boys!” I yelled at her. I think she felt scared because I saw her flinched.

 

“what’s your problem?! Why are you shouting at me?! he wasn't just a random boy! he was your friend, group mate and baby!” she stood up from her seat and I saw her fist curled into ball. Does she wanted to punch me?

 

“if you just came here to ruin my night, better go home.” I said closing the conversation. I don’t want to talk to her.

 

“fine! If you want me to go home then I’ll go home! But before I leave, I just want you to know that me and Taemin is not a couple. That day he tried to confess to me but I rejected him because I am still in love with you!!”

 

I suddenly looked at her. she was flaming in anger. Is she and Taemin really not couple?

 

“you… you love me? you still love me?” I asked calmly looking straight into her eyes.

 

“I hate you for hurting me. I was waiting for you to say sorry not because of what you have said to me before but about the say you kissed Nicole eonnie. You don’t know how much you hurt me that day. You broke my heart into millions of pieces. I’d rather hearing you cursing me than to see you lip locking with someone else. You don’t know how much pain you caused to me.” She said in a verge of crying. I can almost see her twinkling eyes looking straight to me.

 

Jee In please no. don’t cry. I don’t want to see you cry…

 

I can’t say any words because I was to shock to response on her. she still loves me. she still freaking loves me!!!!!!! Key you still have a chance! You can still make her yours!

 

“it’s already late. If you want me to go now, I’m going. Sorry for bothering you.” She said and ready to leave.

 

Key what are you doing?! You can’t ran after her so you need to do a fast action.

 

And yes!!! My mind and my body greed with each other for the first time. I immediately pulled her wrist and stopped her.

 

“gajima…”