Dream Come True?

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

-----Jooli-----

I scanned the pool area to see if there were a lot of people that occupied the area. The pool was one of my most favourite places to be. There were two different pools. One was meant for swimming laps and the other was meant for playing. The sides of the pools had tanning chairs all lined up next to each other. Beside each chair was an umbrella which you could choose to open or close and block out the sun. At the other end of the swimming area was a snack table where you could order food and drinks. I spotted a middle-aged couple who sat on the chairs and fed each other grapes. When I saw the old couples acting so romantically, I felt happy for them. There were a bunch of little kids in the playing pool while their mothers were sitting on the chairs gossiping. There were a couple young women on the chairs sun tanning. There was also a young couple at the bar flirting with each other. I ignored them and found an empty chair and placed my towel on it and then I took off my flip flops and quickly took off my capris and t-shirt and placed them on the chair. Before I jumped into the pool, I spread waterproof sunscreen all over my body so I wouldn’t get dark easily.

I walked over to the edge of the pool and dipped myself in. Half of the pool was shallow and the other half was deep. I tied my hair up and kicked myself away from the wall. I swam to the other side and back with ease. I used to be on the swim team at my high school. Swimming was one thing I stuck to for the four years in high school. I swam until I was tired. Just as I was about to pull myself up from the pool, I saw another body that swam beside my lane. I watched as the person stopped right beside me. He popped his head up and then stood up. Time stopped as I saw him take his swimming goggles off. It was Yunho. He stood before me with his half glowing at me. I couldn’t help but stare at his wet, muscular, and tanned chest. I looked away and suddenly felt embarrassed because of the way I looked. I wasn’t the skinny type of girl, so I don’t like it when I’m seen by others in my bathing suit.

I stood 5’5 tall and weighed 120 pounds. I had black straight hair that ends just below my chest, dark brown almond shaped eyes, and full lips. I was never considered skinny, but I wasn’t considered fat. I was average.

I ducked my body into the water before Yunho looked my way, then I pretended I was doing stretches and turned the other way so he couldn’t see my face. I waited until I heard Yunho got out of the pool and walked away before turning my head around. I checked to see if he was still in the pool area, but it seemed like he had already left to the change room. After I waited for a couple minutes to make sure he wasn’t going to come back out, I pulled myself out of the water, grabbed my towel from my chair, wrapped it around me, and then walked straight into the change room. Just as I was about to walk into the female’s change rooms, I accidently bumped into someone. I looked up to realize it was Yunho. He had already changed into a pair of shorts and t-shirt. I quickly wrapped my towel around myself tighter.

“Well, hello again.” He smiled.

“H-Hello Mr. Kim.” I acknowledged him.

“I’ve seen you before, haven’t I?” He asked me with curiosity.

‘So he doesn’t remember me?’ I felt a bit disappointed.

“Yes sir. Two years ago I accidently bumped into you.” I reminded him. I couldn’t bring myself to look into his eyes. It was bad enough to bump into him again, but he didn’t even remember me.

“Ah… I remember that day. It was your first day. Actually, you never gave me your name.” He chuckled. I looked up to see him looking down on me. At least he remembered he never got my name. It was better than pretending to know.

“Yes, my name is Park Jooli, sir. It’s nice to meet you again.” I bowed to him politely.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Park Jooli. Two years sure go by fast. Are you still working at the restaurant downstairs?” He asked me.

“Yes sir. I actually just landed in Hawaii today. I start my shift tomorrow.” I replied.

“Where are you from?” He asked me.

“I’m from California, but my parents used to live in Hawaii and I would always come here every summer with my family. Starting two summers ago, I decided to work here. The past two summers, my parents were here on vacation, but this year they’re at home.” I explained.

“California? I love California. I wish I could go again soon, but it’s nice to have you back again. I’m sorry to end the conversation, but I have to get back to my room. I hope to see you around Jooli.” He smiled.

“Yes sir. Good bye sir.” I bowed. Yunho laughed before he waved good-bye and left.

“Ah… I’m such an idiot!” I scolded myself.

After I watched him leave the area, I took a deep breath and let my body relax. It was nerve-racking to be in the same room as Yunho, especially if we were alone. I went into the change room and found a shower stall. After showering, I put my clothes on and left.  I walked back up to my room to put away my swimming gear. When I entered the elevator, I noticed there was a couple inside. I looked at the girl to see it was the same girl from before. Once again, I wasn’t able to get a look at the male’s face because he was whispering something to the girl, just like before. I stood beside the girl and felt really awkward. I noticed the girl glanced at me every time the guy whispered something into her ear. They were definitely talking about me. I ignored them because they were just a playboy and a . I didn’t need to get all caught up for people like them. Once the elevator stopped on my floor, I got out as quickly as I could. ‘Stupid idiots who don’t have a life.’ I thought.

I hated people who only spend their parent’s money and didn’t have a job. Those people were the reasons why the world is so ruined. I always wondered why people who were healthy, able to walk, and able to talk weren’t outside looking for jobs. Most people born with a golden key, meaning their parents or grandparents were loaded, were always spoiled. There should be more people like Yunho. One thing that I admired about Yunho was the fact that he didn’t rely on his parents for money. He used his own hands to earn his money.

Even though the day hasn’t ended, I already felt tired. I wasn’t sure if it was from the swimming, meeting Yunho, or that bastard from the elevator. I suddenly felt like taking a short nap. I had nothing else to do anyways. After I put away my stuff, I lay down on the bed and shut my eyes. I could feel everything around me relax as I dozed off to dreamland.

After three hours of napping, I woke up and saw that it was already six in the evening. As if on cue, my stomach let out a little growl. I grabbed my purse and slipped on my flip flops. I was going to have dinner by myself. I got out of my room and walked down to the restaurant. The host led me to a table and I sat down. Then a waitress came and gave me a menu. I looked up to say thanks and saw who the waitress was.

“Jina!” I smiled as looked at me with a shocked expression.

“Hey Jooli! You came down here for dinner?” Jina greeted me with a smile.

“Yeah… I wanted to go to Seaside BBQ, but it was too far away from here. I might as well just come down here tonight and just go there some other time.” I explained to her.

“What’s your schedule like?” She asked me.

“I’ve only got five working days and I only work morning and afternoon shifts.” I told her.

“That sounds great! Then, how about we go out for dinner at the barbeque place tomorrow night?” She asked me.

“Sure! That sounds great!” I liked the idea.

After our talk, I looked over the menu and decided on what I wanted for dinner. I ordered a dish of pasta and waited a while before Jina came back with my food. I thanked her and ate my dinner.

“Jooli?” Someone called my name from behind me. I turned around to see that it was Yunho.

‘Wow, three times in one day? How lucky am I?’ I thought happily to myself.

“Oh, Mr. Kim. Hi!” I quickly stood up from my seat and bowed to him. In the process of standing up, I accidently hit the table with my knee. I gasped and sat back down, holding onto my knee and groaning in pain.

 “Oh! Are you alright Jooli?” Yunho asked with concern as he took a seat next to me.

“Mhmmm.” I groaned as I rocked my body back and forth in the chair.

“Do you want me to go get you an ice pack?” He asked as he was about to rise from his seat.

“No, no, it’s okay! I’m fine, thanks!” I stopped rocking and looked at Yunho with a forced smile. I could still feel the pain, but it quickly evaporated when I remembered it was Kim Yunho who was sitting beside me.

“Oh! Mr. Kim, I’m so sorry. That was an accident.” I apologized with a bow.

“Why are you apologizing? I probably just surprised you. Sorry about that.” Yunho laughed. Jina came over and handed Yunho a menu. She stole a peek at me and smiled before leaving us.

“Do you mind if I eat here?” Yunho asked me.

“No, of course not!” I exclaimed.

 Yunho smiled and went back to reading the menu. After he decided what he wanted, he called Jina over and gave her his order. Minutes later, Jina came back with his dinner and winked at me before she left to serve other customers.

“So Jooli, what a coincidence to see you three times in one day.” Yunho smiled as he took a bite out of his rice.

I chuckled and said, “Yes, what a coincidence sir.”

“You can just call me Yunho; don’t bother with the whole Mr. Kim and sir thing. It sounds too formal.” Yunho insisted.

“I can’t do that, sir. That would be disrespectful. You’re my boss.” I straightened my back and looked serious.

“What if I said that I want you to treat me as a friend?” He raised an eyebrow at me.

“Friend?” I repeated.

“Yes, friend. I want to be friends.” He smiled.

“But important people like you don’t become friends with little people like me.” I stated.

“Friends aren’t based on what social level you are, it’s based on friendship.” He said.

“You really want to be friends with me Mr. Kim?” I asked to make sure.

“I don’t see why not, and you really have to stop calling me Mr. Kim. You’re not even working right now.” He laughed as he reached her his cup of water and took a gulp. He seemed so relax.

“Okay, I would love to be friends with you, Yunho.” I smiled widely.

‘This has got to be a dream come true.’ I thought happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subscribe and comments would be nice :)