They're Brothers?!

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

------Jooli------


“Okay fellow workers, today is another beautiful day! Respect your customers and they’ll respect you.” Our head chef made his small speech. At the start of almost every morning, he would come and tell us the same thing over and over again.

“Yes sir!” We all replied. Lucky for me, Jina and I had the same shift. That meant I wouldn’t be by myself.

“So Jooli, what happened between you and the almighty Mr. Kim last night?” Jina winked at me.

During dinner last night, Yunho and I talked about each other’s lives. It was kind of like a ‘get to know each other’ night, but the evening ended when he said he said he had to get back up to the office and tackle some papers. We bid each other good-bye and separated. I went back up to my room and just used my laptop to reply to emails from home.

“Nothing happened Jina. It was just a normal dinner. I didn’t even know he was there. He just popped out of nowhere.” I explained to Jina.

“Right, that’s why when I saw you leaving, your face was all red and you looked really happy.” She didn’t believe me.

“Okay, fine. I admit it; I do have a teensy weenie crush on him.” I emphasized on the words teensy and weenie.

“Whatever you say Jooli.” Jina laughed before going to serve some customers.

I followed suit. I was in charge of all the tables that were numbers 1-5. Lucky for me, all my tables were small. Most of the customers that were seated at the small tables were couples. Hawaii was the perfect destination for a honeymoon or vacation with your loved ones. When I saw how happy couples looked, I felt jealous. I never had a boyfriend. My parents believed in love after high school. They wanted me to focus on getting good grades until I got in college because they said that relationships can wait. I listened to them and never got a boyfriend. Plus, it’s not like there were any guys who were interested in me.

“Hello, here is your menu. Would you like any drinks to start off with?” I served the customers at table 5. I wasn’t able to see the faces of the customers because of the angle I was standing.

“I would like a regular coffee and she will get some orange juice.” The man spoke.

“Okay, I’ll be right back with your drinks.” I said with a smile before turning around to grab their drinks.

“His voice sounds so familiar…” I mumbled quietly to myself. ‘Where have I heard him from?’ I thought.

I walked back to the table with their drinks and placed it in front of them. They didn’t even mutter a thank you. Obviously, they were too busy whispering to each other. Then I remembered who the man was. The two people were the same people from the elevator. Right then, I wished I wasn’t the one serving them.

“Are you ready to order?” I tried my best to sound friendly.

The couple looked up at me and snickered. The man then whispered something into the girl’s ear. That resulted in a bunch giggles from the girl. From what I saw, the man had dark brown hair and his skin was really pale. I wasn’t able to get a good look at him because he went back to flirting with the girl.

“Yes, can I get the Romanian Chicken Capellini and for the lady, she will get the Original Italian Salad. For dessert, we would like a Dark Chocolate Tiramisu. Bring us a bottle of 1872 red wine as well.” He ordered as he laughed with the girl.

“Yes sir, your food will come soon.” I said after I checked of all the food he ordered into my little machine. Then I walked away to serve some of the customers.

A while later, I went back to the table with the two gigglers and placed their food gently in front of them. A waiter then came over with their wine and poured some into their cups.

“Please enjoy your dinner.” I smiled before leaving the area. Just seeing those two practically making out in public disgusted me.

I watched as the two fed each other and giggled. I felt disgusted. It’s not that I hate when couple act cuddly with each other, but when they get really loud and distracting, that’s when it starts to get on my nerves. If they had to be all over each other, they could go back to their room to do that. After nearly an hour of eating and fooling around, they were finally done. Just as I was about to go and hand over their bill, they got off from their seat and started to walk towards the exit. I quickly ran and stopped them.

“Sir, you haven’t paid for your bill yet.” I raised the bill in front of his face.

“Excuse me?” He looked surprised.

“You haven’t paid for your bill yet.” I simply said again, this time pointing the bill in my hand.

“Do you even know who I am?” He smirked. His smirk looked evil.

I was able to get a good look at his face. He was handsome. He was probably as handsome as Yunho, if not, even more. His pale skin complemented his dark, orb-like eyes. His lips were a pale red and they were plump, almost like a pillow.

“You’re Mr. Some-boy-who-can’t-pay-for-his-own-dinner.” I flatly said, not bothering to acknowledge his hotness because I hated guys like him.

“Look little girl, if you don’t know who I am, you shouldn’t be working here.” He started getting angry. I could hear it in his voice. There were people watching us.

“Why should I know who you are? Who gives you the right to tell me whether or not I should be working here or not?” I crossed my arms across my chest.

“Why don’t you go call out your boss and ask him to come down here?” He asked.

“For your information, Mr. Kim is a really busy man. He doesn’t have the time to talk to people like you.” I exclaimed.

“Fine, I’ll call him myself.” He almost shouted as he flipped his phone open.

Suddenly, Jina cam running towards me with a frightened look on her face.

“Jooli… what happened?” She asked me as she pointed at the man in front of me.

“This guy here thinks he owns the place! He isn’t even paying for his dinner.” I whispered loudly into her ear.

“Do you know who this guy is Jooli?” Jina replied.

“Why am I supposed to know who he is?!” I shouted.

“He’s –“ Jina got cut off when we heard a running towards us from the entrance.

“Mr. Kim…” I stared at him.

“Hello Jooli.” He greeted me formally. Then he turned to Mr. Playboy.

“Jaejoong, what are you doing?” He asked the guy whose name supposedly was Jaejoong.

“You know this guy Mr. Kim?” I gasped in surprise.

“Let’s talk about this in my office, shall we? I don’t want to disturb the other customers.” Yunho pointed towards the numerous customers who were staring at us.

“Jae baby, I’ll meet you later.” Jaejoong’s girl walked away after giving him a kiss.

“Follow me.” Yunho said as he led us towards his office. He had the biggest office I’ve ever seen. There was a room for working and there was a door in his office that led somewhere else. After we were all in the office, Yunho closed the door and faced us.

“Alright, so what happened?” Yunho sat down on his chair.

“This pig here didn’t know who I was! She kept asking me to pay!” Jaejoong exclaimed, indicating me as the pig.

“Hey! Who are you calling a pig?” I yelled at Jaejoong.

“Is there any other pig in this room?” He smirked.

“You!” I yelled. I was about to charge at him before Yunho stopped us.

“Jooli! Take a seat. You too Jaejoong.” Yunho pointed towards the chairs in front of his table. I sat down and tried to stay as calm as I could.

“Jooli, let me introduce you to my younger brother, Kim Jaejoong.” Yunho pointed at Jaejoong.

“Y-Your younger brother?!” I exclaimed. I jumped up and pointed from Yunho to Jaejoong and back to Yunho. I couldn’t believe it. There’s no way they were brothers!

“Yes, he is indeed my blood related brother.” Yunho said with a small smile.

I looked at Jaejoong and saw him smirking.

“B-But he’s nothing like you!” I said.

“He’s… different.” Yunho replied.

“See, now you know why I don’t have to pay for anything. I’m the son!” Jaejoong exclaimed.

“Jaejoong!” Yunho shouted at him. Jaejoong quickly sat back down into his seat and turned his head around so he didn’t have to see me.

“I’m sorry Jooli. He’s always like that.” Yunho apologized for his younger brother’s immature behavior.

“No, it’s okay. I should be apologizing. I didn’t know he was your brother. I’ve never seen him here before.” I continued to stare at Jaejoong who was now texting on his cell phone.

“He’s actually here for vacation. This is his first time in Hawaii actually. Yes, he doesn’t work at the company, but he’s pretty good with the girls.” Yunho chuckled.

“So I’ve noticed…” I thought back to when I saw Jaejoong with the girl.

“He’s actually a pretty good guy once you get to know him.” Yunho replied.

“That’s such a cliché line. I’ll follow it with a cliché line too. I, DO NOT want to get to know him.” I made a sour face.

“Hey, no one wants to get to know you either, pig.” Jaejoong suddenly turned around and shot back.

“Mr. Kim, may I just go back to work? I don’t want to get in a fight with someone who’s not even worth my time.” I asked for Yunho’s permission.

“Of course Jooli, and please don’t let Jaejoong get to you.” Yunho said with a smile.

“I’ll try.” I replied back before bowing to Yunho and leaving the room.

“I can’t believe that’s his brother!” I almost screamed when I walked back to the restaurant. My mind was running like crazy and I was still mad at Jaejoong for calling me a pig. Just because he’s good looking doesn’t mean he can make fun of others.

I was so mad that I didn’t know when someone tapped on my shoulder as I approached the entrance of the restaurant.

“Excuse me.”

I turned around to see a old man holding a camera. He was dressed in a floral print t-shirt and khaki shorts. Standing beside him was probably his wife. They seemed to be tourists.

“Yes sir?” I asked.

“Would you mind helping us take a picture?” The man asked with a smile.

“Of course I don’t mind.” I smiled as he handed the camera over to me. The man then stood beside the woman. Behind them was one of our beautiful water fountains. I positioned the camera until I had both the man and woman in the picture and the water fountain.

“One… Two… Three!” I counted and pressed the button on three. After taking the picture, I handed the camera back over to the old couple. They thanked me and walked away.

“Jaejoong will never be able to find love like those two. He’ll be lonely when he gets old. That’s what he gets for playing around when he’s young.” I muttered to myself as I watched the old couple walk hand in hand.


---------------------------------------

 

Subscribe and Comment! =)