Finale ; Pt. Three

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE!! Please forgive me and enjoy this last part of the finale.

After this chapter, there will be a epiglogue, which hopefully, I'll post sometimes this week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

------Jaejoong------

 

“You’re going to do what?!” I choked on my cup of coffee. Yunho and I were in my room getting ready for the dinner party. We still had a bit of time on our hands, so we decided to sit and have a cup of coffee before leaving. Everything was perfectly setup and all I hoped was that things would go as I planned. Yunho had just told me something surprising.

“It’s bound to happen sooner or later and so, I think it would be the best time to do so. I know tonight’s supposed to your spotlight, but if I don’t do this today, I don’t know when the next chance would be.” Yunho looked apologetic. He was asking me for permission.

“I definitely don’t mind Yunho! I can’t be even happier.” I exclaimed with joy. Even though the night was supposed to be all about me, I didn’t mind sharing it with my only brother.

“Thanks Jae.” Yunho placed his hand on my shoulder and gave me a thankful nod. I smiled back and said good luck.

“Come on, let’s go.” I said and placed my cup in the sink.

 

------Jooli------

 

“Wow, looks like people are already going in.” Victoria said as we reached closer to the reception area. Men and women of all ages were dressed in fancy dresses and suave tuxedos. I was glad that I wasn’t wearing the casual outfit that I had borrowed from Victoria. I would have been the alien in the human world.

“Come on, let’s go sign in.” I ushered the two of us towards the reception table.

“Jooli Park and Victoria Song.” I told the brunette who was checking off the names of the guests. She flipped through the package of paper stacked in front of her as she searched our names. After a couple moments, she found our names and took a highlighter to cross it out.

“Both of you are seated at table number one. The table is right at the front of the stage. The dinner will be starting soon so please take a seat.” The lady said. We nodded and made our way towards the dining area. The decorations looked amazing. The theme was ‘The Desires of a Summer Night’. The words were plastered on the side wall with beautiful decorations surrounding it. The theme kind of reminded me of me and Jaejoong’s numerous nights out on the beach. The theme that Jaejoong chose was sure deep and well thought. The stars around the room made me think back to the necklace that he gave me. I couldn’t believe I lost it. Not only was it really expensive, but it was something special to me.

“Why do you look so depressed?” Victoria asked me as we walked to our table.

“I think I lost the necklace that Jaejoong gave me.” I replied with a frown.

“Maybe it’s in your room somewhere. When was the last time you wore it?” She asked me. She knew the necklace meant a lot to me.

“Ever since my birthday, I never wore it. I always kept it in the box because it looked too expensive and I was afraid that I would lose it. The only times I would take it out of the box would be when I wanted to look at it or if I wanted to clean it. The last time I took it out… OH!” I suddenly snapped my head towards Victoria. I remember where I had left it.

“What?” Victoria stared at me as if I was crazy.

“I remember one night, I was on my bed and I was looking at the necklace while dozing off. I think I must have forgotten to put it back in its case. Damn it. I’m so stupid.” I groaned and mentally smacked myself.

“Well, it’s okay. Don’t worry about it. You can always look for it later when you go back. Now, come on and look beautiful for the cameras.” Victoria smiled as she waved at a couple photographers and reporters. Of course, when the Kim family does something fairly large, reporters are always at the scene.

Just as Victoria and I approached our table, I saw something that made me stop in my tracks. Sitting at table one was not only Jaejoong and Yunho’s parents, but sitting next to them was my parents. The four adults were laughing and talking to each like they were best friends. I was surprised to see my parents in front of my own eyes. I never told them about the dinner party and they never told me anything about appearing in Hawaii. It didn’t surprise me too much that Mr. and Mrs. Kim were present because they had appeared the year before. Plus, their youngest son, Jaejoong, was the one who had planned out everything. To be able to see their son work so hard, it must make them feel proud.

Without looking at Victoria, I walked at straight towards the table with my dress flowing swiftly behind me. I could sense that Victoria was walking right behind me. I wanted to ask why they suddenly appeared.

“Mom, Dad, what are you doing here?” I asked when I reached the table. “Hello Mrs. and Mr. Kim. It’s nice to see you again.” I greeted the lovely parents of the guy I liked.

“Jooli! You look gorgeous! My dear, this is the first time I’ve seen you dressed so exquisitely.” My mother exclaimed as she got up from her chair and hugged me. The other three also complimented and gave me hugs.

“I wonder what Jaejoong will think when he sees such a beautiful lady.” Mrs. Kim whispered into my ear when she hugged me. I couldn’t help but blush at her comment. After greeting me, they greeted Victoria, who politely greeted back.

“Mom, you still haven’t answered my question. What are you two doing here?” I asked the petite, dark haired lady. She was wearing a white summer dress, which looked like something that would never appear on her because she always hated wearing pieces that were too girly or feminine looking. However, it did look like something that Mrs. Kim would wear. True enough, Mrs. Kim was wearing a black summer dress that matched quite well with the white dress.

“Well dear, a find of ours ad invited us a couple days ago. That person said that it was going to be a very special day today. Plus, all the expenses are paid for.” My mother replied with an easy grin.

“Who’s that person?” I asked, bewildered. I wondered who had invited my parents to Hawaii and had paid for all the expenses.

“I cannot tell you who that person is. I promised to keep it a secret. Sorry honey.” She gave me an apologetic look. There was something fish going on. Everyone was keeping secrets from me and I wanted to find out what the secret was.

“Am I the only one who finds things super weird today? I’ve had so many surprises these past couple days. Is there more?” I spoke to myself. All I heard was the laugh of the five people around me. Just then, I heard someone shout my name. I looked behind me to see a beautiful model and her just as hot boyfriend.

“You look absolutely gorgeous.” Jina exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around me. I thanked her and told her how gorgeous she looked in her long blue strapless dress, silver chained heels, and her hair up in a sleek ponytail. She wore a pair of silver hoops and her makeup was done in a way that matched her beautiful dress. She was simply gorgeous. I always wondered how I was able to meet such beautiful people. Everywhere I went, there were beautiful people surrounding me. I was always jealous of each of them, but right then, I felt beautiful in my dress. At that moment, I didn’t feel envious of other girls. I felt beautiful and confident. After everyone around us chatted together for a couple minutes, I finally asked Jina where she was sitting for the night. She told me that she was sitting right next to my table. Before we were able to chat any further, some guy dressed in a fancy tux stood on stage. Jina excused herself and sat down at her table while Victoria and I also took a seat down.

“Jooli, sit here dear!” Mrs. Kim exclaimed and pulled me down beside her. It was weird that she chose me to sit beside her, but at that moment, I didn’t think of anything and just agreed and sat down. Once everyone was quiet, the male introduced himself as George. He was the host of the night.

“Good evening beautiful ladies and gentlemen. I am George and I am your host for tonight. I am very happy to see such a big turnout this year. We are happy to have you at our presence tonight and we hope you enjoy tonight to the fullest. As you all know, the Kims have been taking care of all our staffs very carefully. This year is a bit different. We have always had Mr. Yunho Kim be in charge of the summer end dinner party, but this year, we have the youngest son of the Kim family, Kim Jaejoong, as the organizer. And tonight, we’re grateful for having the entire Kim family here. Can you all please put your hands together and welcome the Kim family!” The MC spoke into the microphone. Suddenly, a spotlight was turned to our table where Mr. and Mrs. Kim got up and waved to everyone in the audience before going onto the stage.

I looked back to the stage and saw that Yunho and Jaejoong had appeared. Yunho look astonishing in his white collared shirt with a black tux. He had his hair done and he looked like he was getting married. I never forgot why I had liked him in the past, but there was something even better standing next to him. Standing in a black collared shirt and a pure white tux, Jaejoong looked like a Greek God with his hair done in a way so smooth looking; you would have mistaken it as a girl’s hair. His skin practically glowed under the spotlight and his pink lips looked so plump and welcoming. My eyes were locked on his appearance. I had to be honest and say that Yunho didn’t compare when Jaejoong was standing next to him. Maybe it was because I was head over heels for Jaejoong.

“Thank you all for coming out tonight. As you all know, my grandpa was the founder of this company and my family has been trying their hardest to keep everything on the top level. This year, I am very fortunate to be organizing everything .It’s a privilege to be here today. This summer was the very first summer that I did something this big for this family. I have always been the lazy one in the family, and when my parents found out that I was in charge of this event, they were thrilled. I’m no longer a useless one. Thank you everyone.” Jaejoong gave his speech. During the entire time he was talking, I was staring right at him. Even though he wasn’t looking directly at me, I was still amazingly happy for him. Standing beside him, the rest of his family was seen with wide grins on their beautiful faces.

“Well, as the older brother of Jaejoong, I must say that I’m very impressed. These kinds of events are hard to plan and control, but he did it with excellence. For once in his life, he’s actually trying his best. He’s actually taking the time and effort to do something.  Even in school, this guy doesn’t like to study. He’s such a slacker. I’m still surprised that he got into Oxford. Needless to say, I’m proud of him and I hope everyone in the audience will enjoy the night.”’ Yunho gave his speech before he gave a little bow to the audience. Everyone clapped and cheered.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim took the microphone and started to say a little speech. It was along the lights of thanking the audience and customers, having a great summer, and wishing everyone to enjoy the rest of the year and hope to go back to their hotel when they have the chance. After they finished their speech, the official dinner began. Mr. and Mrs. Kim returned to our table. Yunho and Jaejoong also sat down with us. I wondered how I was able to sit at table number one. It wasn’t like I was someone important.

“Hi.” Jaejoong’s voice flew into my head like a ballad. I could smell his cologne when he greeted me before taking a seat next to me. I loved his smell.

“Hey.” I tried my best to sound casual, but inside I was actually nervous. There were times when I sat really close to him, but this time was different. I suddenly felt nervous.

“Jooli! I hardly recognized you. You look really beautiful tonight.” Yunho complimented me. I smiled and told him it was all thanks to Victoria. But, there was one thing I was interested in.

“But Yunho, why would you pay for all this for me? It’s too much.” I said to him. I felt bad whenever someone paid for my things even if I didn’t deserve it.

“Uh… I guess I just wanted you two to enjoy a nice girl’s day together. No need to worry about that money Jooli. It’s all taken care of.” Yunho nervously smiled at me. I nodded and looked at him with curiosity.

“My goodness, what handsome sons you have.” My mother said to Mrs. Kim.

“What are they compared to your beautiful daughter?” Mrs. Kim replied. Oh dear, the cheesy lines.

“And how are you Jaejoong?” My father asked Jaejoong. I wanted to know how they met. As far as I know, they don’t know each other.

“How on earth did you guys meet? “ I asked them.

“Oh, we met this morning when the Kim family came to pick us up. Very nice people.” My dad said with a huge grin. I stared at them. They all knew each other. I was the only one who didn’t know anything. They were so suspicious.

“Okay… Seriously, what is up? You guys are all keeping secrets from me.” I scanned every face until I landed on Jaejoong. He had a cheeky grin on his beautiful face, but he didn’t look like he planned on saying anything. And neither did anyone else at the table. They were all just smiling brightly at me.

“You’ll see soon enough dear.” Mrs. Kim winked at me. I looked at her with a confused face. Just as I was about to ask more questions, the waiters and waitresses all walked to the tables and placed the first course of the night. Placed in front of me was what looked like a normal Cesar salad. Honestly, I wasn’t much of a fan of salad. It never made me full and the taste was rather bland.

“I know you don’t like salad, but just try it. It’s different.” Jaejoong whispered to me. He had noticed me staring at the salad for a while. I looked at him and my heartbeat increased a bit. I nodded and took my fork to grab a bit of the salad. I tasted chicken, and many different types of vegetables leaves, but the thing that surprised me was the dressing. It didn’t taste like ranch dressing or Italian dressing. It had a salty but tropical aroma to it, but the taste was sweet cool. It reminded me of a night on the beach.

“What does it make you think of?” Jaejoong asked me as he watched my expression change from a frown to a grin.

“The summer night. Near the beach.” I replied as I took another bite.

“Ah… smart girl.” He smiled and nodded at me. It was as if he picked the menu too.  The next dish was a Mexican dish. On my plate were four pieces of tortilla. After one taste, I knew exactly what was inside. There were avocado, red and green peppers, cheddar cheese, beef, olives, and oregano. As for the sauce, I could taste freshly grinded chili peppers, oregano, white pepper, and a hint of lime juice. It tasted so good. I was impressed. After the tortillas, Yunho suddenly got up from his seat. Everyone at the table except for Jaejoong was looking at Yunho. Yunho walked up towards the stage as a staff member passed him a microphone.

“I hope everyone’s having a great night. I hope everyone is satisfied with what is brought to you. Tonight, I know it’s my brother’s big night, but I’m going to just steal the spotlight for a bit.” He started out. He looked very nervous and excited at the same time. “There have been lots of special people in my life, but there is only one person who really makes your heart melt whenever you see that person. There is only person who can make you change. There is this girl who I met years ago. We were separated for an amount of time, but in the end, we were able to connect and be with each other again. People say that when relationships are thrown away for an amount of time, the love between them die down, but for me. My love for this lady stayed strong. Our misunderstanding was resolved and our love sprouted again. We were able to be together again this summer. I’m really grateful for having her in my life and seeing her again made me realize how much I need her. It made me realize how much I love her. That special girl is Victoria.” Yunho confessed his love for the girl of his life. A spotlight was suddenly turned to our table. The light was pointed directly at Victoria who was obviously blushing and smiling like an idiot.

“Victoria, you’ve made a really big impact on my life. I truly believe that you’re the one for me. Even though we reunited this summer, it feels like you were always with me. You don’t know how much you meant to me.” Yunho had started to walk down the stairs from the stage. He was walking closer and closer towards our table, towards the love of his life. By the time he reached our table, standing in front of Victoria, he spoke again. “Victoria, you are the love of my life and after losing you once, I don’t want to ever separate with you. Tonight, in front of everyone in this room, I wish to do something that is expressed from the bottom of my heart.” Everyone was silent as some was curious what was going to happen.

“Will you,” He started. Suddenly Yunho got down on one knee and reached into his pocket. “Victoria, marry me?” Yunho took out a velvet box and opened it to reveal a glamorous Tiffany & Co. ring. It was incredibly bright and it shined even when the light was casted upon the two love birds. Everyone in the audience was cheering. I looked at Victoria and she had tears in her eyes. They were threatening to fall from her beautiful face.

“Say yes!” I heard myself exclaim. I looked at Victoria with a huge smile on my face. I kept on nodding at her, indicating her to receive the ring and officially become Mrs. Kim. Victoria looked at me with a soft smile.

“I… do…” She quietly said, but it was loud enough for Yunho to hear. He sprang up from the floor and took Victoria into his arms. I could hear him saying ‘I love you’ so many times. Suddenly, he lifted her from the seat and twirled her like a princess. Everyone in the crowd was cheering, clapping, and whistling to congratulate the new couple.

“They’re beautiful.” I quietly said with a smile. It wasn’t directed to anyone, but Jaejoong had apparently heard me.

“So are you.” He replied and looked directly at me. I blushed but kept my gaze on him. He was so attractive and I felt like a magnet. I felt like I was melting just under his gaze. Suddenly, a voice was heard through the speakers in the room. I turned to see who was talking and found that it was Yunho. Apparently, the two of them had made it onto the stage together. They looked amazingly happy and beautiful.

“This was not the only surprise of the night. We actually have another surprise waiting to be uncovered. Jaejoong, it’s your turn.” Yunho chuckled and smiled at Jaejoong. I looked at Jaejoong as he suddenly got up from his seat to retrieve the microphone from Yunho. I was so curious to what was going to happen next. Maybe it was the surprise that I was waiting to be heard.

“As many of you know, I am different from my brother Yunho. We have different working styles, different hobbies and interests, and most of all we have different taste in women. Yunho likes women who are gentle and feminine. I always thought that I would fall in love with a girly girl who looked beautiful on the outside, but this summer, I learned that what is on the outside is just an image. It’s always about what’s on the inside that should count. Needless to say, this summer I fell in love with a girl that I thought I would never like. The way she eats, the way she walks, the way she dresses are all examples of a girl that I wouldn’t have liked in the past. But this summer, I found someone that really is the opposite. She made me realize that love should be found within the heart and not based on how much Botox one uses. This average, aggressive, competitive, loud girl stole my heart and it seems like the only thing that’s left for me to do tonight is to tell her how much I love her.” Jaejoong looked directly at me as he spoke those words. That’s when it struck me.

The dress, the shoes, the clutch, my parents, the way Yunho and Jooli acted around me. They were all part of Jaejoong’s plan. I should have known earlier.

“Park Jooli. I know you must have thought that something like this would never happen, but guess what? I fell in love with you. I know that you feel something for me too. I’m sorry for letting you wait this long, but I wanted everyone to know about my love for you. I wanted everyone to know that you’re mine and no one can take you away from me. I don’t want to be separated from you. I don’t want you to forget me. If you look under your seat, you will find a box. Open it and tell me your answer.” Jaejoong confessed his love for me.

He did it. He had finally told me that he loved me too. All that waiting was worth it.

I listened to him and reached underneath my seat. There really was a velvet box under the chair. No wonder Mrs. Kim had told me to sit there. As I opened the box, all the attention was casted upon me. I was the centre of attention, but I didn’t mind it at all because I was lost in my own world.

When I opened the box, the most beautiful star design necklace was seen in front of me. Under the necklace was a piece of paper.

“I know you had been waiting for this confession and I’m sorry it took so long for me to tell you this, but I love you. I think I’ve fallen in love with you. Doesn’t this necklace remind you of the beautiful stars we see at night together on the beach? This necklace represents our memories together. The stars are always shining brightly for us and I hope that you will say yes to my feelings. Say yes if you are willing to wear this necklace and create more memories with me. Let this be the most memorable summer you’ve ever had.” I read quietly. The people who were able to hear the message ‘awed’ in envy. Some of them were urging me to say yes.

I was definitely moved by what he had said and done. This summer was definitely the most memorable summer I had ever had. Without even double thinking, I looked back up and Jaejoong, who was still on the stage waiting for my answer, and nodded my head.

“Yes.” I spoke out. I could feel my eyes getting a little teary from the surprise. The next thing I knew, the box was taken out of my hand and I was out of my chair in the arms of Jaejoong. He had lifted me up with his arms and was carrying me bridal style.

“I love Park Jooli!” He shouted loud enough for everyone in the room to hear as he ran around the room, showing off his girlfriend. Everyone in the room was cheering as if we were at a concert. The applause was much louder than Yunho’s confession, but everything was silent to me as the only person I had in my world at that moment was Kim Jaejoong. After running around the ENTIRE dining area, he finally put me down on the front stage, in front of everyone.

“I love you, pig.” He looked at me with a smile.

“I love you too, stupid panda. It's about time you did something.” I smiled back. Since he was the one who had planned out everything, I thought he deserved something in return.

I leaned towards him and kissed him on the lips, in front of the entire audience. The whistling, howling, clapping, cheering, and shouting all stopped and the only thing I could hear were the fireworks exploding in my heart and the only thing I could see with my eyes closed were the stars in my head.

‘This is the most desirable thing a girl could ask for in the summer, and to have obtained it, I had gotten lucky.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

No, this is note the official end. There's still an epilogue after this chapter :)

ps. If you look closely, there's a hyperlink for the necklace and the ring :D

COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED