The Make up Date

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

-----Jooli------

 

Eventually, Jaejoong made up to me and brought me out for dinner one night. It was the second to last week until I had to leave because summer was ending. Throughout the entire dinner, Jaejoong had been a gentleman. He had pulled out the chair for me when I took a seat and he had told me all about what was on the menu. Even though the restaurant we went to wasn’t anything classy or high-class, he made it seem like the most expensive restaurant. We were laughing and talking like a real couple and the atmosphere was perfect. The only thing that was missing was the fact that he hadn’t confessed to me yet.

“The summer’s gone by so fast.” Jaejoong said quietly. The two of us had finished dinner and we were walking around the beach again. I felt like the beach was the place we always went to whenever we finished dinner or just wanted to relax.

“I know. I can’t believe this will be my last year here. I’m going to miss everything here.” I sighed as I looked around the place. I felt like I had made a real bond with everyone at Maui.

“You can always come back and visit.” Jaejoong replied.

“I don’t think that will happen any time soon. I’m going to have to use all my money towards school and other personal stuff. I’m not like you Jaejoong. I’m not born in a rich family. I wish I was, but that didn’t happen.” I replied with a sigh.

“Trust me. Being born in a rich family isn’t all that great. Look at Yunho. He’s constantly working and he’s quite stressful. Inheriting a big company like ours is not an easy job.” Jaejoong frowned.

“That’s why you’re here. You’re going to help Yunho. The two of you are going to take on the company together. After all, that’s what your parents wish for.” I smiled at him.

“Actually, I forgot to tell you. I’ll be helping Yunho with the planning for the dinner. I will be very busy.” He told me.

“Really?! That’s good! You’ve finally come to your senses.” I laughed and gave him a thumbs-up.

“I actually thought about it before. I know that Yunho is having a really hard time doing everything by himself and I hate to see him like this. When he gets married, he’ll be even busier than now.” Jaejoong said as he looked out at the ocean. The wind was quite breezy that night and the ocean was clear. No one was on the beach, so it was only the two of us. We were able to be as loud as we want without disturbing other people.

“Marriage. Is that something in your future?” I asked him, curious to know about his thoughts on commitment.

“You know what? I haven’t thought about marriage yet because I’m still quite young, but to be committed to one person all my life, I think it wouldn’t be too bad. I know you probably think I’m just another playboy who just doesn’t want to settle down, but I think that everyone is able to settle down and commit to only one person. It’s just a matter of time.” He turned to me and looked at me with a serious expression. An expression so serious that I could feel his words echoing in my head.

“Yeah, I get what you’re trying to say and I totally agree with you. Commitment is something that takes time to adjust, but it’s something that will happen.” I replied and gave him the same serious tone and expression. Was he trying to tell me something?

“Do you plan on getting married anytime soon?” He suddenly asked me. I was surprised with his question. It caught me off guard.

“I… uh… I don’t know. I haven’t even dated a single guy, so I can’t really say anything about that. I’m only nineteen. I don’t think I really want to get married so fast. I want to experience the life of dating.” I laughed awkwardly. I didn’t know how to give him an answer, but I was actually thinking that if my first boyfriend is Kim Jaejoong, I don’t think I would mind getting married to him for my entire life. Jaejoong was so close to perfect.

“I still kind of find it unbelievable that you’ve never had a boyfriend before.” He replied with a chuckle and a shake of his head.

“What? Are you saying that I’m pretty enough to have a boyfriend?” I smirked at him. It was so hard to get him to call me pretty. After so many weeks of being friends, not once had he complimented me on my appearance.

“No, what I’m trying to say is that I’ve seen a lot of other girls who are a hundred times worse than you, but they still manage to get themselves a boyfriend.” He replied with ease.

“Well, I guess no one likes to confess to me. The guys I like don’t like me back. Dating isn’t a point on my to-do list. I never really thought of dating anyone because I didn’t want to end up with a broken heart. I’ve seen way too many girls getting heart by jerks and I don’t want to end up being like them.” I explained truthfully.

“Dating doesn’t always lead to heartbreak Jooli. You have to understand that in relationships, there’s always going to be one side that gets hurt, no matter what. Sometimes, if you’re very lucky, you’ll be able to find someone that won’t break your heart, but you’ll end up breaking theirs.” He said quietly.

“I don’t want to be either one of those people Jaejoong.” I told him with a whiny tone.

“Don’t worry. You’ll be able to meet someone who really treasures you. I’m sure of it.” Jaejoong smiled gorgeously at me, flaunting his straight white teeth at me. Even thought the night was dark, I could still see his pearly white teeth and his milky white complexion. I had the urge to just run my hand across his smooth skin.

“I sure hope so. Who knows, maybe I’ve already met him.” I smiled at him. I was hoping that he would get the hint, but guys are stupid. They never get the hints.

“Too bad he’s already taken.” He laughed.

“Huh?” I asked him, confused.

“Yunho. Weren’t you talking about Yunho?” He asked me.

“Uh… no…” I laughed. “I’m over him already, remember? Plus, he’s with Victoria and they’re made for each other. No way am I going to go in and ruin their relationship.”

“Right.” He laughed and hit himself lightly on the head.

“Jeeze, you’re always doubting me. You should trust me more Jaejoong.” I laughed and punched his arm lightly.

“No, no, I do trust you. I’m sorry, okay?” He tried to fend off my punches.

“You better be.” I laughed as I stopped punching him. We had slowly walked to the dock. I walked to the end of the dock and sat down, not caring if it was dirty or not. I placed my shoes beside me as Jaejoong also sat down.

“The moon is so bright tonight. I love it.” I smiled as I stared at the moon in the sky. Surrounding the moon were bright twinkling stars. I loved nights like those. It felt so nice and relaxing to be outside.

“These are the nights that I will miss the most. I don’t get to see nights as beautiful as this when I’m in Korea or Oxford.” Jaejoong replied as he also took the time to adore the beauty of the night sky.

“I know what you’re talking about. Back in my hometown, I’m not able to see the stars clear enough because of all the pollution.” I agreed.

“Can I ask you a serious question?” He suddenly turned to me. I looked back at him and nodded slowly, curious to know what his question was.

“If Yunho wasn’t with Victoria and he decided to ask you out, would you say yes?” He asked me. The question was quite serious, but it wasn’t hard to answer at all. I knew the answer and it was an answer that wasn’t going to change.

“Well, I’ve liked Yunho for three years and during those three years, I really wanted him to fall in love with me, but after so many years of not being noticeable, I finally decided to just give up this year. I guess in a way, my heart changed. I don’t feel attached to him anymore and I feel a lot happier right now. So, to answer your question, I would say no.” I answered with truth. I wanted to tell him that the reason why I would say no to Yunho is because of him.

I stared at Jaejoong, waiting to hear his reply, but he only stared at me with a very serious but gentle expression. He looked like he was in deep thought and I didn’t want to disturb him. After a couple minutes of staring at each other, he finally spoke.

“I like that answer.” He replied with a small smile before turning his attention back to the moon.

I looked at him with a confused expression but decided to not ask any further questions. I laughed and also went back to staring at the night.

‘Kim Jaejoong, you sure are a weird guy.’ I thought to myself with a smile.

 

------Jaejoong------

 

“So, is everything set for the dinner?” Yunho asked everyone at the meeting. After my dinner with Jooli last week, I was so busy helping Yunho plan the dinner for the end of the summer that I wasn’t able to contact her much. There was going to be something special happening and I was in charge of it. It was finally the last week of summer and all the important staff was huddled in the meeting room, going over some last minute details. This was the first big event that I was working on and I didn’t want it to end up bad.

“For the decorations, there are some final check-ups that need to be made, but everything will be done by the day of the dinner.” The woman who was in charge of decorations said as she looked at her clipboard.

“The menu and the food are ready. We’ve already double checked all the ingredients and we made sure that the food is only the best.” The main chef said.

“As for the lighting and the music, we’ve got everything ready. The stage lights are currently being set up as we speak.” The person in charge of media said.

“Great. This will be perfect.” Yunho smiled at all his employees.

“I can’t believe you’re doing this Jae. I’m proud of you.” Yunho turned to me and smiled proudly.

“This is what I want. I want to show everyone about how serious I am about this.” I replied with a small smile. I was excited for the dinner, but even though I’m been super busy, I wasn’t able to see Jooli. And not seeing her made me depressed. I felt bad that I couldn’t see her and I didn’t contact her as much as before because Yunho was always telling to do stuff.

“Oh, did I tell you that mom and dad are coming tomorrow? They said they didn’t want to miss the chance of seeing the great dinner that their son, Kim Jaejoong planned with his own hands.” Yunho gave me the surprising news.

“Are you serious?! They’re going to make a commotion about everything.” I groaned. It wasn’t like I didn’t like my parents coming to the hotel, but they were bound to make some commotion. If they ruined everything, all my hard work would go down the toilet.

“It’s alright. I knew you would act like this so I told them to not make a big commotion on the day of the dinner. They said they would act like normal parents and just smile with proud in their seats. They said they’ll be on their best behavior so you won’t have to worry.” Yunho replied with a chuckle.

“I sure hope they do.” I sighed.

‘This better be worth it.’ I thought to myself as the meeting continued.

 

------Jooli------

 

“So, he hasn’t been in contact with you for the past week?” Jina asked me. The two of us were once again in the restaurant having lunch together. I’ve been kind of busy with work for the past week because since it was the end of summer, more and more people were coming in for vacation since airplane tickets and hotel fee was cheaper. I called Jaejoong a couple times before, but either he had to cut short on our conversation because he had to go back to work or I had to get off the phone. I missed him a lot. I wondered if he missed me as much as I missed him.

Same goes for Victoria and Yunho. The two of them were really busy too and I hadn’t seen either of them for quite a while. I wanted to be able to spend some more time with them before I leave. Who knows how long it would be before I saw them again.

“Well, we kind of talked a couple times through the phone, but since both of us were so busy, we never got a real conversation going. At least he’s busy because he’s helping the company and not courting girls and partying all day.” I laughed.

“But the summer is coming to an end! Even though you’ll see each other during school, I think it’ll be better if you tell him your feelings now.” Jina suggested.

“If he really does like me, he would have told me something by now. Since he hasn’t done anything, I’m thinking he doesn’t like me.” I replied with a sigh as I took a couple sips from my drink.

“Don’t think that way. Maybe he’s going to surprise you or something. Don’t get your hopes up Jooli.” Jina rubbed my arm to give me some encouragement.

“Maybe…” I mumbled and continued to eat.

“Hey! Don’t think too much about that. We have the end of the summer party coming up in two days. Have you thought about what to wear yet?” Jina asked me. That reminded me.

“Uh… I forgot all about it. I’ve been so busy lately. It just kind of disappeared out of my mind.” I replied.

“Are you serious?! You’ve got only two days to find something to wear. How are you going to be able to find something suitable? Aren’t you working today and tomorrow?” Jina asked me.

“Yeah, I’m working for both of these days and the manager said that no matter what, I won’t be able to change my schedule around. And when I don’t have to work, the mall isn’t opened. Maybe I won’t go…” I sulked in regret. I should have bought a dress earlier.

“No! You are definitely going. This is your last summer here and you’re going to make it the best. I’ll lend you one of my dresses.” Jina suggested.

“But all your dresses are too casual. Plus, you’ve already gotten your dress, so I don’t want you going out all the way to the mall to buy another one.” I said.

“That won’t be a problem. I can just get a cab there, but the only problem would be that you might not like what I pick out for you. After all, our style is totally different from each other.” She replied.

“It’s okay. Don’t worry about it. I’ll try to ask Victoria for something to wear. I’m sure she has lots of dresses for me to choose from.” I told Jina.

“Okay… make sure you’re coming though.” She pleaded.

“I’ll try.” I smiled at her.

‘I hope I can make it too…’ I thought to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

COMMENTAND SUBSCRIBE!