Thanks to him

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

------Jooli------

I woke up the next day in the afternoon with a headache. My head felt like it was constantly being hit by cement blocks. The throbbing wouldn’t go away. I had never experienced something like it because I never drank any alcohol other than a regular beer bottle. I got out of bed, staggering from side to side to reach the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and I was in such a mess. My hair was all over the place. Luckily I was awake long enough to remove all the make-up I had put on. I didn’t want to sleep with a face full of make-up. The longer I looked at the mirror, the more my head hurt. I quickly brushed my teeth, cleaned my face, and walked back to my bed so I could lie down. Just when I was about to get back on the bed, I noticed something on my table.

“If your head hurts, take this Advil. It’ll help.” I read out loud. That’s when I remembered.

[FLASHBACK]

------Narrator’s POV------

“Jaejoong, can you take Jooli back up to her room?” Jina asked the male who was supporting Jooli, who was a quite tipsy but not drunk. The group of clubbers was standing outside the club at one in the morning after glasses of alcohol and constant dancing.

Jooli was the only one who wasn’t sober. She wasn’t a very good drinker, but she insisted on drinking more and more throughout the night. She said it was because she was finally legal to drink and go clubbing. She wasn’t afraid to get drunk because she had her friends around to take care of her.

“Yeah, no problem.” Jaejoong replied as he held onto Jooli’s waist to support her. His other hand was filled with the gifts that everyone bought for Jooli.

After saying good-bye to everyone, Jaejoong and Jooli went up the elevator first.

“I should have stopped you on your third bottle.” Jaejoong murmured to Jooli.

“I’m fine! I’m just tipsy. I’m not drunk, trust me.” Jooli replied perfectly.

“Next time don’t drink so much. If we weren’t with you, who knows what could have happened to you. Parents don’t like letting their kids go to clubs for a reason. We’re not always going to be around to save you. If I hadn’t stopped that bastard you were grinding on, I’m pretty sure something regretful would have happened.” Jaejoong exclaimed.

“You’re my hero!” Jooli giggled and clung onto Jaejoong’s arm. She was obviously not herself, because if she was, she wouldn’t have been brave enough to do that to Jaejoong.

“Yup, and you’ll forget about your hero when you wake up tomorrow morning with your head hurting like crazy.” Jaejoong mumbled quietly back as the door to the elevator opened to Jooli’s level. The two walked carefully towards Jooli’s room because they didn’t want to make a lot of noise, since it was already really late and people were sleeping.

“Where’s your key?” Jaejoong asked Jooli for the key to her room.

“Bag…” She mumbled back and pointed to her purse. Jaejoong had to put down her gifts in order to get her key from her bag without letting her go. He found them and quickly opened the door. First he walked to Jooli’s bed to put her down, then he went back to outside to grab the rest of her stuff. He placed the bags on the floor next to the bed.

“Jooli, go to the washroom and remove your make-up.” Jaejoong shook Jooli. She nodded and got up from the bed. She stumbled slowly towards the washroom and shut the door. Jaejoong heard the sound of running water and knew that she was cleaning up. A couple moments later, Jooli walked out of the bathroom with no make-up on her face. She looked a bit better and looked more awake.

“You know what? I hate to say this, but you look better without make-up. I don’t get why girls love to wear so much make-up. First, it’s not good for your skin and second, when you take off the make-up, you can barely recognize that person.” Jaejoong looked at the make-up free Jooli who was slowly walking towards the bed.

“Thanks. You should give me compliments more often. I don’t like the mean you.” Jooli giggled and pointed at Jaejoong with a flustered look.

“I think you should shut up and go to sleep before I start making fun of you.” Jaejoong groaned and tried to get Jooli to sleep.

“I’m not very sleepy now. You should tell me a bed-time story!” Jooli suggested while clapping like a five year old.

“No, I am not going to tell you a bed-time story. Go to sleep so I can go to sleep.” Jaejoong complained and tried to get Jooli to put her head on the pillow. After she finally let her head fall on the pillow, Jooli turned her body so that she was sleeping on her side. When Jooli turned her body around, the hem of her dress rose. Jaejoong saw her toned legs and suddenly he started feeling a bit hot. In order to stop himself from having weird thoughts, he took her blanket and gently placed it on top of her.

“Jaejoong. You’re actually pretty nice when you’re not being mean to me.” Jooli giggled with her eyes closed.

“And you’re not as annoying when you’re drunk.” He mumbled back with a chuckle. Jooli giggled softly. She was falling asleep as seconds ticked by.

After Jaejoong made sure that she was asleep, he got up and went upstairs to his own room to grab some Advil and a water bottle. He knew that the moment Jooli wakes up, her head would hurt a lot. When he got back to Jooli’s room, took a piece of paper and wrote something on it. He placed it on the table and put the water bottle on top so the paper wouldn’t fly away. Then he took out the small bottle of Advil from his pocket and placed it next to the water bottle. After checking to make sure everything was alright, Jaejoong got out of Jooli’s room and went back to his own so he could sleep.

“I better watch out for you, stupid pig.” Jaejoong mumbled to himself as he pressed the elevator button. Even though he was calling Jooli names, he was smiling.

[FLASHBACK ENDS]

------Jooli------

“So the panda does care about me. At least he didn’t do anything bad to me.” I laughed and took an Advil pill and chugged it down with the water that Jaejoong left me. After I took the pill, I slowly walked to my closet to pull out some clothing so I could take a shower and change out of the clubbing outfit I was still wearing. After a refreshing shower, I felt a lot better. My head wasn’t hurting as much, thanks to the Advil. I got into a snug pair of exercising shorts and a white t-shirt. After I finished cleaning up myself, I decided to go downstairs to eat. I wanted to get out of the stuffy room and breathe some fresh air. The Advil was working, but I thought that getting some fresh air would make my head feel better. I decided to go thank Jaejoong for the Advil before going downstairs to eat.

When I got to the level above mine, I tried to remember where Victoria’s room was. I remembered that Jaejoong’s room was just two rooms away from Victoria’s. I found Victoria’s room and then I was able to find Jaejoong’s room. I was debating on whether I should ring the bell or not. I thought it was a bit weird to purposely go to his room and thank him. I could have just sent a text to him, but that wouldn’t be very sincere. I decided to just ring the doorbell. I breathed in some air and pressed the button. A couple moments later, the door opened and stood a half- Jaejoong who looked like he just woke up. His hair was still messy.

“Ahhh!” I shouted and covered my eyes, even though I really wanted to take a better look at his defined body. I could feel my cheeks going red.

“What are you screaming about?” He exclaimed and covered his ears.

“Go put a shirt on!” I ordered, still not looking at him. Sure, I was being immature and childish, but that was because I wasn’t used to seeing a body so close. Especially one with a six-pack.

I heard him chuckle and then I heard him walking away. I removed my hands from my face and stared at his room with the door opened. Even just by standing outside, I knew it would be just like Victoria’s.

“Don’t tell me you came up here just to stand out there and look at my room.” Jaejoong came back moments later with a white t-shirt on and laughed at my expression. He turned around to walk back inside the room. I followed, slowly looking at the surroundings. It was just like Victoria’s room and nothing was really different. I walked to where the dinner table was and sat down.

“So, what are you doing here? Does your head hurt?” He asked as he poured two cups of coffee. He walked over to where I was and placed one of the cups in front of me on the table. He sat across from me.

“That’s actually the reason why I’m here. I just wanted to say thanks for the Advil. And thanks for taking me back to my room.” I said and looked at him. His hair was all over the place, but he still looked good.

“No problem.” He said back as he took a couple more sips from his coffee. He didn’t really care if I said thanks or not. I shouldn’t have purposely gone to his room just to say thanks. He must have thought I was weird.

“Ok… so, I’m going to go now.” I put my cup down on the table and got up.

“Wait, did you have lunch yet?” He asked me as he got up from his seat too. I shook my head, indicating that I didn’t have lunch yet.

“Wait for me, I’ll go change and we can go for lunch.” He said and quickly dashed into his room. He was out a couple minutes later wearing a white American Eagle t-shirt and a pair of denim shorts. Usually, I didn’t like guys who wore shorts because they had hairy legs, but Jaejoong was practically bald in the legs department. He did have a bit of hair, but it wasn’t a lot. I didn’t like guys who had a forest on their chest and a jungle on their legs.

The two of us went down to have some lunch, but instead of going to our usual eating place at the restaurant, we went out of the hotel and Jaejoong drove us to a different place to eat. We arrived at a little restaurant not far from the hotel. It was a huge hut that was built on sand. Jaejoong led us inside and a waiter took us to a table for two. After he gave us our menu, he left.

“Wow… this place looks really nice.” I said and gazed at the decorations around the restaurant. All the workers were wearing floral shirts with a ring of lei around their necks. The music was very relaxing and the place smelled like mangos and other tropical fruits.

“This is the perfect place to go for lunch. Not only do they have fresh fruits and drinks, but they also have dishes made with coconut. They also have your regular pastas and steak.” Jaejoong said. He went down the list of dishes one by one and by the time we were finished looking through the menu, I had already decided what I wanted.

“Can I get the roasted shrimp meat with the Greek burrito and the Strawberry Banana Smoothie?” Jaejoong placed his order.

“I would like the Roasted Coconut combo and the Star Fruit shake.” I placed my order too. The Roasted Coconut combo consisted of bits of roasted coconut fried with shrimp meat, broccoli, and a creamy lobster sauce. It sounded yummy.

The waiter took our orders and walked away. He came back minutes later with a plate full of tropical fruits. I looked and saw that there were Barbados Cherries, California Wild Grapes, Dragon Fruits, Golden Kiwis, watermelons, mangos, and Yellow Strawberry Guavas. They all looked so delicious and juicy.

“They all look so good!” I just stared at the colorful fruits.

“Dig in. They give this for free as an appetizer.” Jaejoong smiled and popped a grape into his mouth. When he bit the grape, I could hear the crunchiness of the fruit. I quickly took my fork and poked it into a slice of the watermelon. I bit into it and was amazed at how juicy and sweet it was. It was even better than regular California watermelons. I tasted each of the fruits and was content on how amazing they tasted. Before our main dishes even arrived, I had already finished half the plate.

“Wow… smells great!” I exclaimed when our food arrived.

“It tastes even better. Eat it while it’s hot.” Jaejoong replied.

“Don’t mind if I do.” I smiled and took my bite.

‘I think I’m in Heaven.’ I thought to myself with my eyes closed and my lips forming into a smile.