The Finale ; Pt. One

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

Hey guys! This is part 1 of the final. There's 3 parts and then there's going to be an epilogue. Please enjoy!

------Jooli------

 

“Hey Victoria, do you have any dresses I can borrow for the dinner tomorrow night?” I called Victoria after my shift at work. It was already seven at night and I planned on going to the mall to see if it was still opened so I could get a dress, but when I asked people around, they all told me that the mall closes at six every day.

[Hey Jooli. You can come up and check. I was actually just about to call you and see if you wanted to come up and have dinner with me.]

“Alright. I’ll see you in a couple minutes.” I said and hung up the phone. After changing back into my own clothes, I took the elevator to Victoria’s room.

“Hey! It’s good to see you! I missed you.” Victoria exclaimed with joy as she hugged me.

“I’ve missed you too.” I hugged her back. I shut the door as I followed Victoria into her room. The smell of Chinese food lingered in the room. I loved Chinese food. Aside from Korean food, Chinese food was my favourite type of food in the world.

“Take a seat while I finish up the rest of the cooking.” Victoria told me.

“Dinner smells good.” I smiled as I sat down at the dinner table.

“You’ll love it. After we finish eating, we can go pick something out for you.” She smiled as she placed the rest of the dishes on the table before scooping some rice for both of us.

“Sounds good.” I smiled as I dug into my food. After working for almost the entire day, my stomach was begging for food.

After we finished eating, we walked to Victoria’s closet. When she opened the door, I took a look and noticed that a lot of clothing was missing. Most of the dresses to be exact.

“What happened to your clothes?” I asked her.

“I gave them to charity because I don’t wear them anymore. So I don’t know if you’ll be able to find something to wear to the dinner. If you had asked me earlier, I would have left some of my dresses for you to pick. Sorry.” She apologized.

“No, it’s not your fault. It’s my entire fault. If only I had remembered to buy a dress, this wouldn’t have happened.” I told her.

“It’s okay. You’re so busy with work, so it’s easy to forget. Maybe we can find you something that is suitable for dinner but won’t be as extravagant as some of the other people’s outfits.” Victoria took a look at her closet.

The two of us spent about an hour trying clothes to see if we could find a good outfit for the next night. I was determined to walk out of Victoria’s room with something to wear. If I wasn’t able to, I wasn’t going to go to the dinner. At the end, the best outfit we could find was a white floral dress paired with sandals and a denim vest. The look was quite simple but it should be okay.

“Thanks a lot Victoria. I appreciate it.” I smiled at her as we walked towards the door. I had the clothing in my hand as we bid each other good-bye.

I walked out of the elevator and took out my key to my room.  When I got to my door, I noticed there were two white bags on the ground and a white long cloak hanging on the doorknob. The word ‘Gucci’ was imprinted on all three things. I wondered where they were from. I decided to just bring them to my room first.

“Where did all these come from?” I wondered out loud to myself.

I placed the cloak on the hanger on my closest. I noticed that there was a yellow sticky note stuck to it. I took it off and read it.

“Please wear this for me tomorrow.” It said. There was nothing else. Just six simple words. I didn’t know who it was because whoever it was didn’t leave a name. There must have been a mistake. There was no way I could be lucky enough to get stuff like those. It must have been sent by mistake.

“Look like someone accidentally sent these to my room. Whatever. I’ll bring them back downstairs tomorrow.” I said to myself.

The next morning, I woke up bright and early to the noise of someone knocking on my door. I got up lazily with my hair in a mess and walked towards the door. Without looking through the hole to see who it was, I opened the door. It was Yunho and Victoria who was standing in front of me with a huge grin plastered on their faces. I just stared at them with my lazy eyes as they continued to smile.

“What are you guys doing here so early? What time is it? Nine?” I yawned after talking. I needed more sleep. I had gone to sleep at two in the morning the night before because I was busy thinking about a certain someone. I needed eight hours of sleep.

“Actually, it’s eight.” Victoria corrected me.

“Eight?! I don’t even wake up this early for work.” I groaned as I left them standing at the door. I walked back towards my bed as I scratched my head. My eyes were half closed.

“Jooli! Do you know what today is?!” Victoria walked towards me with her joyful voice.

“What day?” I asked as I buried myself under my blanket.

“It’s the end of the summer dinner! Come on! You have a long day ahead of you!” She shouted with glee.

“First, it’s eight in the morning. Second, I don’t want to go. I don’t have a pretty dress to wear!” I whined. After thinking about what I found in my room after seeing Victoria the night before, I was kind of sceptical about the presents. Maybe someone was just pulling a prank on me or something.

“What do you mean you don't have a dress?! You must have rec—“ Victoria was cut off by Yunho who clamped his hand around to shut her up.

“What?” I asked as I looked at them with a weird expression. They were acting strange.

“Don’t listen to what she has to say.” Yunho laughed and nudged Victoria. She looked at him and nodded her head.

“Oh! What are those?!” Victoria suddenly pointed at the two bags beside my table and the dress that was hanging on my closet door.

“Oh. Those aren’t mine. I found them in front of my door last night after I came back from your place.” I yawned. Maybe I could get Victoria to help me take them to the front desk so I don’t have to get out of my bed.

“But there’s a note on the cloak! These must be for you!” Victoria pointed to the sticky note.

“My name’s not on it. So, it’s not mine. Plus, I don’t even know who the sender is. I can’t take such expensive stuff from a stranger.” I replied and turned the other way so I was facing the wall.

“But it says that he wants to see you this tonight!” Victoria exclaimed and shook me.

“It’s not me.” I replied and pulled the covers over my head.

“I’m 100% sure it’s for you! Why else would they be brought to you? There must be a reason to that! I’m sure that the service around here isn’t that bad. I’m sure they didn’t bring it to the wrong person.” Victoria exclaimed even louder and shook me even harder.

“Maybe you should go down to the front desk and report it as lost or something. I can’t wear something so expensive.” I mumbled.

“No! I’m not going to return this! You’re wearing that dress to the dinner tonight, no matter what!” She shouted into my ear. I flinched and hit my head against the wall. I groaned in pain as I rubbed the area where I hit.

“She’s right Jooli. I’m sure that those things are for you. As your boss, I command you to go to the dinner tonight. You can’t just leave this place without having an official goodbye. I really doubt anyone needs those clothes at the moment. You should try them on and wear it tonight.” Yunho spoke from behind Victoria.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. I mean, they don’t belong to me and what if I accidentally rip or get it dirty? I can’t afford anything bad to happen to something that’s not mine.” I replied.

“It’s okay! Trust me! No one needs it!” Victoria said. They were really trying to shove the things at me. I didn’t know why they would do that.

“I don’t need it either.” I whimpered. I just wanted to get some sleep, but they were constantly bugging me.

“Jooli! Jooli! Jooli! Get up! You can’t let that beautiful dress go to waste!” Victoria dragged my arm.

“Dress. Not. Mine.” I groaned as I pulled myself back.

“It’s. Yours. Now.” Victoria pulled. We were pulling both ways, either side not willing to lose.

“Stop!” Yunho shouted. The two of us girls stopped and stared at him. He looked kind of mad.

“Jooli. You HAVE to go to the dinner tonight and you HAVE to wear that outfit. Trust me. You won’t regret it.” Yunho looked seriously at me as he spoke to me. I felt threatened. I didn’t understand why they wanted me to go so badly. It’s not like this year was going to be any different from the previous ones. It’s always been the same. Dinner, dance, party, and saying goodbye.

“Why? Is there something going on?” I asked them with a fixed expression.

“No, no, no! Nothing’s going on. It’s just... Jooli, this is your last year here. Do you really want to leave with a bunch of boring memories? Since this is your last year here, you should just have fun! Go wild!” Victoria smiled gleefully at me.

“I guess...” I mumbled. The more I thought about it, the more I agreed with Victoria. If tonight was the only chance to make memories, I might as well go ahead.

“Great! Then you’re coming tonight! Now that that’s settled, it’s time for you to get ready. Victoria, you know what to do.” Yunho smiled with a wink at Victoria. I could sense something going wrong with those two, but I didn’t know what it was.

“Of course! Come on Jooli. Let’s get you to the salon.” Victoria shouted in victory as she pulled me out of my bed.

“The dress is going to look amazing on you.” She smiled. I stopped and stared at her. I never told her how the dress looked like and she never zipped open the cloak.

“Wait, how do you know how it looks like?” I looked at her with a suspicious expression.

“Uh... what I mean is, since its Gucci, it’s bound to be something amazing! A brand name always looks good!” Victoria smiled brightly.

“Right...” I nodded my head.

“Alright, I guess I’ll see you two tonight. Do you want me to come and pick you two up?” Yunho asked us.

“It’s okay Yunho. We’ll get down there by ourselves. You should go and prepare the diner hall. It’s a very important night.” She winked at her boyfriend.

“Okay. I’ll see you two later.” He said goodbye and left my room. We waved at him as he walked out the room and shut the door.

“Alright! What should we do first? We have to do your hair, your makeup, facial masks, spa...” I sat there and listened to Victoria as she rambled on and on about what we had to do before the dinner.

“Why do we have to do so much preparation just for a dinner? Victoria, it’s just a dinner. It’s not like the two of us are getting married.” I pointed out.

“Yeah, we’re not getting married, but tonight’s going to be a very special night for you. It’s your last year here and you’re going to make a lot of memories!” Victoria grinned as she took out her digital camera from her bag. I stared at her with a defeated expression.

“Say cheese!” She smiled as sat down next to me and posed for the camera. A click was heard and the picture was displayed for the two of us to see. I had a lazy smile spread across my face while Victoria was smiling brightly. I looked dull compared to the shining star next to me.

“Ah... I look terrible.” I groaned as I fixed my hair.

“Since when did you start caring about how you look?” Victoria asked me with a smirk.

“Ever since you woke me up too early.” I laughed.

“Well, that’s just too bad. We can’t let such a beautiful day go to waste. Come on, we have a lot to day and we don’t have a lot of time.” She replied with a chuckle and pulled me out of the bed. I couldn’t resist and just followed her instructions.

“This better be worth it...” I groaned as Victoria passed me some clothes to change into.

“It will. Trust me.” She grinned with a wink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!