Winner

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

------Jaejoong------

I was on the beach with my good friend Steve when I spotted Jooli and Jina walking towards the surfboard shop. Curious, I walked closer until I could hear them speak to each other. I found out that they were going to go surfing. After hearing them say that, I suggested to Steve we go surfing since both of us were surfers. After Jooli and Jina were gone, the two of us also rented boards.

Both Steve and I were professional surfers. I started surfing at the age of 10 while Steve started around 12. Both of us has one many surfing awards around the world. Not a lot of people know that I surf because I don’t do it regularly.

After the both of us had gotten our boards, we made our way to where Jooli and Jina were.

------Jooli------

“You sure you want to compete against me?” Jaejoong asked me.

“Bring it on.” I replied.

“So what are the two of us supposed to do?” Jina pointed at herself and Jaejoong’s friend.

“You guys can… watch and judge.” Jaejoong replied.

“Be careful Jooli and good luck!” Jina smiled at me before she paddled to a further distance.

“You ready, pig?” Jaejoong smirked.

“Only if you are.” I smirked back.

“Alright. The point is to be able to catch the wave and not fall into the water. You have to still be on your board by the time the wave is gone, if not, you lose. If neither of us loses, then we keep catching waves until one of us falls. Got it?” He explained the rules of the game.

“Yeah.” I replied with a nod.

With that, the two of us paddled out further into the ocean. We watched as small waves came by over and over again. We waited until a bigger wave approached. I quickly took the chance and started to paddle forward so that I could get enough time and space for me to stand up on the board. I noticed Jaejoong was doing the same.

As the wave was approaching closer, I slowly got up on my feet and bent my forward a little bit so I could get a good balance. The wave came and I rode it like a pro. The thing I couldn’t believe was that Jaejoong also made it. Neither of us fell.

“Looks like you can actually do this.” Jaejoong chuckled after the two of us sat back down on our boards.

“Same to you.” I replied.

I soon spotted another big wave and got ready. I started to paddle until I caught up with the wave. I got up on the board and once again I rode it with ease. To my dismay, Jaejoong also rode it smoothly. I was quite amazed at his skills. The second wave was kind of crazy and normal surfers wouldn’t have been able to make it through, but he was able to make it without a struggle.

“You’re pretty good pig.” He said. I didn’t know if he was complimenting me or insulting me.

“Not so bad yourself, panda.” I replied.

“Looks like there’s a big one coming. You think you’ll be able to make it?” He asked, pointing to a huge wave coming towards us.

“We’ll have to see.” I replied and started to paddle outwards towards the wave. Jaejoong was beside me and I was watching the way his arms paddled into the water. His triceps were amazing. I could see the strength he had in his arms.

‘Focus Jooli.’ I thought to myself as the wave approached. I slowly got up onto the board as the wave shot at me.

I was gliding smoothly and watching Jaejoong at the same time. He looked like a professional. His stance was perfect and he looked amazing on the board. He glided smoothly and he looked y with his hair wet. Even if I didn’t want to admit it, I still thought he looked pretty darn y.

Suddenly I lost my balance and in a matter of seconds, I flipped out and plunged into the water. By the time I swan back up to the surface, Jaejoong was ha d already made it through the wave and was sitting on his board with a smile on his face. He had won. I had lost. He started to paddle towards me, keeping the smile on his face.

“You got whipped pretty hard just now. You okay?” He asked with a huge grin.

“I’m fine.” I replied as I got onto my board. I couldn’t believe I lost to him. I couldn’t believe I lost to the stupid panda.

“Looks like I’m the winner and you’re the loser. Isn’t there something you’re supposed to say and do?” He smirked.

“Sorry.” I mumbled. A lost is a lost.

“What did you say? I couldn’t hear you.” He leaned closer and placed his hand by his ear.

“I said I’m sorry! I shouted right into his ear.

“Ouch! That was too loud, pig.” He had a frown on his face as he rubbed his right ear.

“You said you couldn’t hear me.” I replied.

“Whatever. You owe me dinner tonight.” He reminded me.

“I know.” I replied with a mumble. I started to paddle towards Jina and Jaejoong’s friend who were still waiting for us in the same place. Jina could see from my expression that I had lost.

“It’s okay. He was pretty good out there.” She comforted me when I got to her.

“Yeah, he was.” I mumbled back.

“It’s okay that you couldn’t beat him. I can’t beat him either. He’s a professional surfer. He’s been surfing since he was 10 and he’s gotten tons of awards and metals.” Jaejoong’s friend said.

“Oh, by the way, his name’s Steve.” Jina introduced him to me.

I waved and said hello.

“No wonder he looked so professional out there. I had no idea he surfed.” I said, surprised.

“You don’t know a lot about me.” A voice came from behind me. Jaejoong had caught up with me and he was sitting on his board with a proud smile on his face.

“I don’t want to know about you.” I replied back.

“Well, that doesn’t matter because you’re paying for dinner tonight.” He smiled.

“I know.” I replied with a serious tone.

The four of us stayed in the water for a bit longer. I didn’t talk to Jaejoong and he didn’t talk to me. The only ones who were talking were Jina and Steve. Jina didn’t look as interested as Steve did. It looked like Steve was taking quite an interest towards Jina, but she tried her best to not drag him on because the only person who could ever catch her attention would be David. As they talked, I decided to just surf for a bit until we were leaving. I could sense Jaejoong watching me as I surfed. His stares were uncomfortable and nerve-racking. I just tried to focus on surfing and ignored his stares. I surfed until I started to get a bit tired. When I paddled back to the others, we decided to get out of the water and go change.

“Where are we eating?” I asked Jaejoong before we went our separate ways to the change room.

“Let’s try ‘Sunset Horizons’.” Jaejoong suggested.

“Are you kidding me?! That place is so high class and expensive. I can’t afford to eat at a place like that. Why can’t we just eat at the restaurant in the hotel? It’s close and it’s affordable. I don’t want to drive 40 minutes to just eat dinner.” I exclaimed. Sunset Horizons was the most expensive restaurant that on the island of Maui. One small appetizer was practically worth my entire week’s pay. I couldn’t afford to go somewhere like that. I’ve never been there, but I’ve heard that the food is great and you don’t have to dress in formal clothing.

“Well, you’re the loser and I’m the winner. Loser listens to the winner. We’ll meet you two down at the hotel lobby in an hour and a half.” He said and left to the change room with Steve.

“I can’t believe he expects me to be able to afford dinner at Sunset Horizons!” I shouted in frustration when Jina and I had gotten into the change room. We were talking and showering at the same time.

“I’ll help you with the pay. Don’t worry about it. I’ve always wanted to try that place out anyways and now’s the chance.” Jina replied back from the shower stall next to mine.

“It’s okay. I was the one who agreed to this stupid bet. I lost so I’ll pay.” I responded as I washed my hair. Every time I surfed or went into the water, my hair would always smell weird and feel hard. I always had to wash it at least twice until it would go back to normal.

“Maybe I won’t go, and then you won’t have to pay for my share. I can eat at the restaurant.” Jina suggested. Even though Jina looked like one of those stuck-up and conceited American girls, she was actually a sweetheart.

“No! I don’t want to eat alone with them. You are definitely coming with me.” I rejected her suggestion. I did not want to eat dinner with two guys who I barely know and one of them being a jerk.

“Maybe if Jaejoong is nice enough, he’ll be a gentlemen and pay for the dinner.” Jina laughed.

“Hah! I doubt that would happen. He doesn’t even pay when he eats at the hotel’s restaurant. Do you really think he’ll pay when I’m the one who lost the bet? I’m sure he’s going to order the most expensive thing on the menu.” I laughed loudly. Jaejoong would never be nice enough to pay for dinner when I’m one of the people eating.

The two of us finished showering and changed back into our clothing. After blow-drying our hair and getting all our stuff from the lockers, the two of us walked out of the change room. When we got closer to the hotel, Jina’s phone suddenly rang.

“Hello?” She spoke into the phone and gestured to me that she would be right back. She walked away to take her call and when she was done, she walked back to where I was.

“Who was it?” I asked her.

“The manager. He told me to take the night shift. I won’t be able to go to dinner with you Jooli.” She replied.

“What?! No! Why can’t he ask someone else to take your shift? I am not going to the dinner if you’re not going. I don’t want to eat with them.” I exclaimed. Eating dinner with Jaejoong was bad enough, but having to go without Jina was even worse.

“The manager said that he’ll give me some extra tips. Sorry Jooli.” She apologized. She really did look sorry.

“It’s not your fault. It’s okay, don’t worry about it.” I reassured her.

“Will you be alright with those two guys?” She asked me.

“Yeah, I’ll be alright. Don’t worry about it. Maybe I’ll just tell him something came up and I suddenly couldn’t make it.” I suggested.

“Then they’re going to think that you’re a wimp.” Jina replied.

“You’re right. I’m the one who lost. I should keep my promise.” I sighed in regret.

“Maybe you can even get to know Steven. He’s a pretty nice guy.” She winked at me. Jina would usually try to introduce some guys to me, but I was never interested in any of them.

“I don’t think that’s going to happen. At least not for now.” I laughed.

The two of us chatted for a bit longer until Jina said she had to get going. She went towards the restaurant while I went back upstairs to my room to get ready for dinner. Since the restaurant didn’t have a dress code, I was a bit happier. I didn’t have a lot of nice clothing in my closet. I remembered I still had a bag full of Jina’s clothing stuck in my closet. I took out the bag and dumped out all the clean clothes.

“Too short.” I tossed away a black mini skirt.

“This is practically see through.” I tossed a sequined grey tank top away onto the bed.

“Too revealing.” I threw away a white tube top.

“Why is all of Jina’s clothing so… ty?” I asked myself. As I was going through her clothing, I had a disgusted expression on my face. In the end, I decided to just wear something more casual. I didn’t have anything as formal as a dress, so my options were very limited. I decided on a solid white tank, a pair of black pants, and a pair of white short heels. It was nice and simple and the style looked really cool. I didn’t want to wear anything too girly.

 After I put the clothes on, I put a bit of mascara and glided on my favourite chap stick onto my lips. I took Jina’s black clutch and placed my credit card, room key, and phone into the bag. After doing a final check, I left the room and went downstairs to meet up where Jaejoong told me. When I got to the lobby, I didn’t see anyone so I just stood by the couches and waited for Jaejoong.

“Where Jina?” A voice came from behind me. I turned around to see Jaejoong walking towards me. Jaejoong was wearing a light blue Armani Exchange collared shirt, faded black Levi jeans, and a pair of Dolce & Gabbana leather shoes. He looked y, especially with the top two buttons of his shirt undone.

“Oh, the manager suddenly called her and told her to take the night shift. She can’t make it.” I replied. He was looking at me. I felt a shiver go down my spine. His stare was uncomfortable and I didn’t know if it was a good stare or a bad stare.

“Where’s Steve?” I asked him, not seeing his friend beside him. He stopped staring at me and answered my question.

“He should be coming.” He replied. Just then, his phone started ringing. He picked it up and walked away to answer it. He came back moments later.

“That was Steve. He said he couldn’t make it because of some family stuff.” He said.

“What?! So it’s only the two of us?” I exclaimed with wide eyes.

Jaejoong could only nod his head.