Getting Ready

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

------Jooli------

After what seemed like hours in the mall, Victoria decided to go straight back to the very first one. In the end, Victoria ended up picking a white blouse, pink pencil skirt with a bow on the front, and a pair of tan colored heels for me. I was actually quite surprised on how I looked in pink. I didn’t really like pink at all, but it went quite well with my skin tone. Even though the heels weren’t the most comfortable to be in, they were still quite easy to walk in. When we finished buying everything I needed, we got back to the hotel with about two hours until dinner was served.

 

The outfit

 

“Do you want to bring your stuff up to my room and we can get ready together?” Victoria asked me when we reached the elevator in the hotel.

“Sure. What’s your room number?” I asked her.

“325.” She answered. I nodded and told her I would be there once I finished taking a shower. I waved good-bye to her when the elevator reached my level. I quickly grabbed my towel and new pair of undergarments and then went straight to the bathroom. After I was finished with all the showering, I put on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. I grabbed the bags that I brought back from the mall and made my way to Victoria’s room. We had about an hour and a half left to get ready. We had plenty of time to get ready.

I took the elevator up one level and got off. Just as I was about to press the doorbell to Victoria’s room, the other elevator popped open. (Yes, there are two elevators.) I looked and saw that it was Jaejoong. When he looked up, he spotted me too. The thing was, my hair was a mess, I was dressed like lazily, and I was carrying a bunch of bags.

“What are you doing here?” He asked me with a confused face.

“Uh… Victoria told me that she and Yunho are also going to the dinner tonight, so she suggested I get ready with her. Oh, you can go to the restaurant without me. I’m going to go down with Victoria.” I replied.

“Okay…  See you later then.” He waved good-bye before opening the door to his room. His room was only five doors down from Victoria’s. I turned back to Victoria’s door and rang the doorbell. The door opened and I saw that Victoria was in a bathrobe and her hair was dried. She greeted me and let me into her room.

“Wow…” Was all I could say when I saw her ‘room’. It wasn’t even a room. It was practically an apartment. Sure there was one bed, but the room itself was three times larger than mine. There was a kitchen and a living room area where there were two couches and a TV. On the other side of the room was a dinner table with chairs.

“I initially had one of the rooms on the lower floor, but Yunho wanted me to stay in one of these ones. I don’t like it very much though. It’s kind of too big for myself, but he says since I will be here for quite a long time, I might as well just live in one of these.” She explained when she saw my expression.

“Oh… I see…” I was still in awe. Rich people really did have better things than people like me.

“If you want, you can always come up whenever you’re feeling board or lonely. There’s only one bed, but it’s huge! We can share it. We can fit like three people in that bed.” She laughed and extended her arms as wide as she could.

“I just might take you on that offer one day.” I smiled and placed my stuff on the ground next to the couches. Her room was so luxurious.

“Alright, we should start to get ready. We don’t have a lot of time. Let’s get you ready first.” Victoria said and clapped her hands together. I nodded and took everything out of my bags.

“You can go change in the washroom over there.” She smiled and pointed towards a white door.  I nodded and walked towards it. I opened and shut it behind me before turning around. My mouth opened by itself because I was so astonished by how the washroom looked. The washroom was really bright. It was probably the size of my entire room plus the washroom, maybe even bigger. There was one sink, one toilet, one shower, one bath tub, and one hot tub in the washroom.

It took me a while to concentrate back on what I was supposed to do. I changed into the white blouse and the pink high-waist skirt. Once again, I was amazed at how it looked on me. I didn’t put the heels on because I was leaving that for when I was leaving. After changing and looking at myself in front of the mirror, I gathered my clothing and went back outside.

“Your bathroom is amazing!” I exclaimed once I was out. I put my stuff into a bag and left it by the couch.

“Yes, it is quite amazing.” She laughed.

“See, I told you this would look nice on you. Even though you said you don’t like the color pink, it really does suit your skin tone nicely. Plus, you have the nice legs to go with it.” She looked at me with a smile.

“It’s all thanks to you. I at fashion and I at picking the right clothing to wear. I was born to be a tomboy.” I laughed.

“It’s alright. You can still learn and improve.” She winked at me and led me to her table beside her bed. The table had a mirror and the surface of the table was filled with different kinds of cosmetics and skin care products.

“Alright, so I’m going to just going to give you a braided side ponytail. It’s not too casual but it’s not formal at all. I think it’ll look great with your outfit. Plus, it’s super easy to do.” She said and asked me to sit down in front of the mirror. I did as I was told as she worked her magic. I watched as she took all my hair and just moved it to the bottom left hand part of my head. Then she started to braid it softly until it reached the end. She put a small, black elastic band and was finished. I liked the way it looked.

“And now we start the make-up. You probably don’t want too much make-up on your face, do you?” She looked at me through the mirror. I nodded and gave her a half smile. She smiled in return and nodded as if to say that she understood.

As she put the make-up on me, she told me the things they did and the pros and cons of each. First she used a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation because in the summer, it’s too humid to wear foundation and since I didn’t want to have a lot of make-up on my face, a tinted moisturizer will feel like nothing when it’s on my face. Next she took a peachy coral color and applied it on my lids. After that, she took a thick champagne colored eye pencil and used it on the inner corner of my eyes and on the waterline just to make my eyes pop out and look bigger. She didn’t want to add eyeliner because to keep it simple, just mascara would be enough. She curled my eyelashes and used black mascara only on the top eyelashes. Victoria said that I didn’t need blush because my cheeks already had a bit of color. To finish off the look, she applied some lip balm and not any other lip products to make it look more simple. The overall process for the make-up only took about 5-10 minutes max.

“Wow…” I stared at myself in the mirror. My skin tone was balanced out and my eyes really did look bigger. Compared to the make-up that Jina did for me, I preferred the way Victoria did my make-up because it wasn’t heavy and it looked natural.

“See what a bit of make-up can do for a girl? There are no ugly girls in this world, only lazy girls. But of course, I’m not saying you’re ugly or lazy. You already looked good without make-up, but with a little bit on, you look amazing.” She smiled at me with her hands placed on my shoulders.

“I love it.” I smiled at her.

“You’re welcome. You’re all set to go. I’ll just be back because I have to go change too.” She said and went to go change into her clothing. While she was in the washroom, I flipped through some of her fashion magazines on the coffee table. She came out 15 minutes later in a green silk tank top that had a flowing design to it and it was paired with black cotton shorts. She was wearing a black pearl necklace to match the shorts. Her hair was up in a neat little bun with her bangs clipped up so that it was out of her face. She looked stunning even without the make-up.

She went to the table where her make-up was and started to apply her own make-up. She used a tinted moisturizer, a copper colored eye shadow, liquid eyeliner, mascara, and a bit of blush. She ended the look with some lip balm. She took no longer than 30 minutes. She looked amazing. Her skin was flawless and her eyes looked amazingly big. She just laughed at my expression.

“I’m so jealous of your skin and everything else about you.” I frowned. I wish I could be like Victoria. She was literally perfect.

“Maybe we can have a spa day together one day. I’ll show you some simple tricks so you could also have skin like me.” She smiled brightly.

“Yeah! That would be fun!” I replied with a smile.

Since we had some time left, we sat on the couches and watched some TV. When we had about ten minutes until dinner started, we got up and decided to go. I put my shoes on and stood up, amazed that I could actually wear such high heels.

“Don’t worry. You’ll be fine.” She saw the nervousness on my face when we approached the restaurant.