The Truth Is Revealed!

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

------Jooli------

The next morning, I woke up with an odd feeling. I wasn’t sick or anything, it was more like a gut feeling. I had a feeling that something not good, but not entirely bad was going to happen. I didn’t have work that so I decided to just put on a pair of board shorts and a random t-shirt I found in my closet. I went down to the lounge to order some breakfast. When I found a seat at a free table, I felt someone approach me. I looked up and saw that it was Yunho with a worried expression.

“My parents are coming.” He stared blankly at me. I stared back.

“When?” I asked him.

“They said their plane will land on the day after tomorrow.” He replied.

“That’s okay. They’re probably just coming to have some fun and to see how the hotel is doing. Don’t worry about it. They won’t bring a girl here.” I laughed and tried to assure him.

“You don’t know my parents. They take things like marriage quite seriously. And, they like to surprise me.” Yunho shook his head.

“They couldn’t have already found a suitable girl for you in a couple days. Just wait and see what happens and don’t jump to conclusions yet. Let’s be reasonable and relax.” I told him. He nodded and he took a seat down beside me.

“Okay, so what if your parents by chance DO bring a girl? What are you going to do about it? Are you going to reject the marriage or will you just go along with it?” I asked him.

“I don’t know… I feel like I shouldn’t marry someone who I don’t know. I should at least take some time to get to know her. Marrying a complete stranger is not a good idea. I don’t get why people in the olden days loved to arrange marriages for their children. I find it so stupid and a waste of a lifetime. I mean, if I end up not liking the girl, I’m going to have to be stuck with her forever, and that’s something I don’t want to do because if I divorce her, our family’s statues will be lowered.” Yunho explained his ideas on arranged marriages.

“Yeah, I understand. I wouldn’t want to marry a complete stranger myself.” I told him. If I married someone who was like Jaejoong, I would rather not marry anyone for my entire life. Having someone like Jaejoong as a husband would be terrible. He would probably be bullying and calling me names all day. Another thing about dating a person like Jaejoong would be, he’d be dating multiple women even after we got married. I would never want to have a arranged marriage.

‘Unless he was hot and nice like Yunho.’ I secretly thought to myself.

“At least you feel my pain. If my parents understood like you, wouldn’t that be so much better?” He looked at me with worried eyes. I could only nod and gaze into his eyes. When I looked into Yunho’s eyes, I didn’t really feel anything. People always said that when you stare into the eyes of the person you like, you could feel a spark happening, but when I stared into Yunho’s eyes, I couldn’t feel anything. I knew I liked him.

“It’s because I’m your friend. Don’t forget that I’ll always be here for you, no matter what. Friends don’t give up on each other, they support each other.” I smiled at him. I wanted to be more than just friends, but I knew I wasn’t on the same level as him.

“Thanks.” He smiled and stood up from his seat. “I have to get back to work. I’ll see you around Jooli.” He said and left the worker’s lounge to go back to his office.

I finished the rest of my breakfast and decided to go to the pool to swim a couple laps. I had to be honest; on days when I wasn’t working I was bored out of my mind. I really couldn’t find anything interesting to do around the area. And even if I did find something interesting to do, there would be no one to do that with. Jina and I had different schedules.

Just as I was walking out of the change-room after swimming and taking a shower, I heard two people arguing. I looked forward and saw that it was Jaejoong and Mina who were arguing. I haven’t seen Mina with Jaejoong for a couple days, so I thought they broke up and she left, but apparently, I was wrong.

“Jae, forgive me! You know that you’re the only one I really love! He was just someone I had fun with!” Mina grabbed Jaejoong’s arm, stopping him from walking away from her. He looked really mad but he didn’t look as tired as I saw him before.

“What? You’re expecting me to just forgive you and pretend it never happened. I’ve seen a lot of girls like you Mina. They are never true to their words. I saw you with him! I saw you in bed with my best friend! Is there anything else to explain? I hate girls who are disloyal like you.” Jaejoong angrily said. He didn’t shout, but he said those words loud enough for me to hear.

‘Mina slept with his best friend? What a great girlfriend. No wonder he seemed so down recently.’ I thought in my head. I felt bad for Jaejoong. Even though I’ve never been in a relationship before, I knew it to be cheated on with your best friend. Those kind of drama always happened in high school.

“I know it was a stupid thing to do and I regret it a lot! I’ve been calling you constantly for the past couple days, but you don’t answer my calls. I know I was wrong, but it was just a small incident. Can’t you forgive me?” Mina was on the urge of tears. She was pulling Jaejoong towards her, trying to get him to look at her in the eyes, but Jaejoong had his head down and wouldn’t look in her eyes.

“You know what Mina?” Jaejoong started. He finally looked up and looked at Mina. “I can’t forgive you because first, you cheated on me, and second, you cheated on me with my best friend! You guys even had . God knows how many times you two have done it.” Jaejoong looked really angry.

“The only reason why I had with Dan was because YOU weren’t giving me the things I wanted. I’ve been waiting for so long! Every time we’re getting intimate, you always stop and leave me. Every time things get heated, you always make up an excuse. We’ve been together for three months! Isn’t three months long enough? If you had given what I needed, I would have never gone to look for Dan.” Mina said with a sad face.

‘There’s no way they haven’t had yet. There’s no way he’s still a . Jaejoong’s such a playboy.’ I thought to myself. Luckily there wasn’t any other people close enough to hear what Jaejoong and Mina were talking about.

“There’s no reason for me to explain to you about my actions. I didn’t want to have with you, I don’t want to have with you, and I’ll NEVER have with you. Just leave Mina. You should just go back to Dan. I don’t want to have anything to do with you anymore.” Jaejoong said quietly to Mina. I could see a bit of resistant in his expression, but his voice was steady and firm. He meant what he said.

“Are you dumping me? Are we over?” Mina was hanging on to Jaejoong’s arm as if he was made of gold. She didn’t want to let go of him.

“We were over the second I saw you in Dan’s bed. Don’t try to get back with me because we’re over. Girls who cheat are the worst kind. Just leave Mina.” Jaejoong firmly said and shook Mina’s arms off of his.

Mina looked up into Jaejoong’s eyes. Just from the look in her eyes, you could tell that she had lost the golden turtle. The golden turtle meant Jaejoong because Jaejoong was rich and she probably went out with him just for his money and looks. Jaejoong shook his head at Mina. Mina took one last look at Jaejoong before turning around and walking away like a zombie.

‘That’s what you get for cheating on your boyfriend!’ I cursed her. Even though I didn’t like Jaejoong all that much, I still felt bad for him. Jaejoong can be a pretty decent guy when he tries.

Just as I was about to walk away without being noticed, I accidently dropped my gym bag containing all my swimming gear inside. The excess water inside made the bag to cause a big ‘plump’ sound as it hit the ground. Before I was able to grab the bag and run, Jaejoong had already noticed me.

“Jool? What are you doing here?” He walked closer to me. I looked at him and accidently looked into his eyes. I got a sudden shock up my spine. His eyes were so hypnotizing. I quickly snapped back to reality.

“I… I just finished swimming and when I came out, I accidently overheard you and Mina talking. I really didn’t mean to eavesdrop on you guys like that. I’m really sorry.” I apologized with my head down. I felt ashamed that I eavesdropped on their conversation, but to be honest, I was actually kind of curious.

“I guess it doesn’t matter. You’ve already heard it. Pretty embarrassing, right?  Kim Jaejoong, the playboy actually got cheated on. Go ahead, laugh at me, I don’t care anymore.” He said quietly. I could sense that he was staring at me, but I didn’t look up because I was afraid of looking into his eyes.

“It wasn’t your fault. You never knew it was going to happen. It’s Mina’s fault for doing that to you. I think you should be happy that she’s out of your life now. To me, she’s looks like the type of girl who would date guys for money and looks. Now that you dumped her, she doesn’t have someone to buy her big diamond and pretty clothes. Maybe you’re not happy that you found out that she’s that kind of girl, but I think you can do a lot better than dating someone like her. I know it sounds really cliché and all, but I think you made the right decision.” I said lightly. I tried not to make him more depressed.

“You don’t think I knew that she was after my money? That’s why I never gave her what she wanted. I knew things wouldn’t be able to last long between us. But the reason why I’m sad is not because she was after my money. The reason that I’m mad is because not only did cheat on me, but she cheated on me with my best friend. I always thought that best friends were never supposed to do things like that, but I guess I thought wrong. God knows how many of my girlfriends cheated on me with Dan.” He mumbled.

“What a great friend you have, but I guess it was kind of reasonable for Mina to do what she did. Guys that don’t give girls what they need aren’t very nice. I know I don’t have any reason to be telling you that because I’ve never had a boyfriend, but I think it’s true. I’ve read it in books, seen it in movies, and watched it in dramas. Girls need guys, and guys need girls.” I explained. I felt kind of stupid, having to tell him that, but it made sense. Girls are just like guys, they’re all people with needs.

“I can’t give her something that is so vulnerable. I don’t plan on giving it to anyone so easily.” He replied.

I whipped my head up and looked at him. I thought I heard him say something different.

“You’re a ?” I stared at him with my eyes wide.

“What? Do I not look like one?” He asked with an expressionless face.

“From what I heard about you, I never thought that you were a . I’ve heard from people around here that you change girlfriends frequently and you guys stay in the same room together all the time. There’s bound to be something happening in those rooms. There’s no way you’re a .” I shook my head. It was definitely unbelievable

“Well, it doesn’t matter if I’m a or not to you, does it? Just forget what you heard and saw. Don’t tell anyone about this, even Yunho. Got it?” He looked at me with intense eyes. I felt a shiver going down my spine like earlier. The look he gave me were so deadly but hypnotizing.

“Okay.” I simply said. I had nothing to do with the problem anyways, so it wouldn’t be nice if I spread rumors that didn’t belong to me.

“Then I’ll see you.” Jaejoong said before disappearing.

As I watched him walk away, my heart was still pounding. The look he gave me made my heart thump quickly. Apart from his stare, I was still not able to believe that he’s a . If he was a , did that mean he was waiting for the right girl?