Birthday Part 01

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

------Jooli------

The next morning, I wasn’t able to see Yunho and Jaejoong’s parents off at the airport because I had to work, but before they left the hotel, I went and said good-bye one more time. Once again, Mr. and Mrs. Kim told me to consider Jaejoong. I just laughed and told them to have a safe flight. I didn’t say that I would consider Jaejoong or not because I wasn’t so sure myself and I didn’t want relationships to happen because of an arrangement.

After they left, I was working for the entire morning, but when it was break time, Jina quickly pulled me out of the restaurant and into the worker’s lounge. I told her I had dinner with the Kim’s the night before and being the gossip girl she was, she would want to know all the details.

“Okay, so you have to tell me everything! I want to know all the details. How were his parents? Were they nice? Are they just like other rich, high-class people? Was it awkward with Victoria being around? Are you and Jaejoong going to get married now?” She started firing random questions at me.

“His parents were actually super nice. They aren’t like other rich people. It wasn’t awkward with Victoria at all. She’s so nice, just like Yunho. She brought me shopping and taught me a lot of tips on make-up and fashion. And no! Jaejoong and I are not going to get married!” I answered all of her questions one by one.

“Then what was the dinner about?” She asked me as she was sipping on her cup of lemonade.

“At first, Mr. and Mrs. Kim just wanted to know me better, but then they started saying things like ‘Jooli, you should consider dating Jaejoong. He’s a really great guy.’ I don’t know why they want Jaejoong and I to date.  I don’t have a good body and I’m not pretty.” I replied and sipped on my water.

“What?! They asked you to consider dating Jaejoong?! Even his parents think you’re great, so that means you are great! It doesn’t matter about looks. Okay, well maybe it kind of does, but it’s not all about looks.” Jina exclaimed.

“That’s not the point. The point is, I don’t know if I’m ready for a relationship. There are many things that are telling me I shouldn’t be dating him. He has a reputation of a playboy. He doesn’t do anything except for courting girls. He is always calling me names and being so mean to me. He…” I tried to list as many reasons as I could, but I ran out of them.

“See, you can’t even list five reasons. I’ll list all the good things about him. He has an amazing body. His family is amazing. His family has lots of money. He has a good fashion sense. He’s a professional surfer. He has a lot of hot guy friends. Also, don’t forget that he’s a . That adds bonus points. I’m pretty sure I’m missing a couple.” Jina counted all the reason.

“He goes to Oxford and he doesn’t smoke.” I automatically mumbled. I didn’t know until Jina shouted at me.

“Hah! Two more! Wait… he’s goes to Oxford?! That means you two are going to be at the same school! That’s even better! I too agree that you should consider dating Jaejoong. Did he agree with that?” She asked me.

“He didn’t reject or agree.” I tilted my head to the side. Since Jina asked me, I thought about it. Jaejoong didn’t say no to his parents’ suggestion, but he also didn’t say yes. I wondered what he was thinking in his head at that time.

“Exactly. That means there’s a chance that he likes you. You never know.” Jina snapped her fingers and smiled at me.

“Yeah right.” I scoffed.

“I have a feeling that I’m right.” Jina smirked and finished the rest of her drink.

“Whatever. Come on, let’s go back to work.” I got up from my seat and threw away my cup before walking back to the restaurant with Jina teasing me about the whole Jaejoong situation.

Days passed and it was the day of my birthday. It was the day I turned 19. I didn’t have to go to work because the manager was nice enough to let me off for the day, since it was my birthday. He even let me off the day after because he knew I was going to the club. When I walked down to eat, all my colleagues wished me a happy birthday. All the birthday wishes really made my day and it was going to be even more fun when night time comes.

“Happy birthday babe!” Jina greeted me at my room door. She was the first one who wished me happy birthday because she texted me right at 12. We agreed on getting ready together for the club. The others would meet us at the club at nine. I had already had dinner before Jina found me.

“Thank you!” I smiled and hugged her before letting her in.

“We’re going to party! I’m so glad I don’t have to work tomorrow.” She laughed as she set her stuff on my bed.

“You’re such a party girl. I have to keep my eye on you tonight.” I laughed.

“It’s okay. David is coming, so he’ll take care of me.” Jina replied.

“It’s about time I saw him. It’s been so long since the last time I saw him.” I said.

“Okay, enough chit chat. We have to look hot for tonight. We need you to seduce a guy called Kim Jaejoong.” Jina smirked.

“I don’t want to seduce Kim Jaejoong!” I exclaimed, but Jina just kept laughing. She pulled me into the washroom. She started dressing me up and experimenting with my hair and face. Almost an hour later, the two of us got out of the washroom. I did not like the outfit I was wearing.

The outfit

“This is so short! I don’t want to wear this!” I whined and tried to go back into the washroom so I could put something more comfortable on. The dress was way too short in my opinion.

“It’s fine! Trust me. All the other girls will be wearing a lot more revealing than yours. Plus, it’s dark in there, so people won’t even notice! Come on! It’s almost time to meet them!” Jina pulled me out of the room and towards the club. Jina’s dress was also black, but hers was more revealing and shorter than mine. Once again, Jina put a decent amount of make-up on me. I told her I didn’t want it as heavy as the time when we went to Mark’s party, so she lowered a level. I still had that smoky eye look. She said she didn’t want to apply blush because it would probably be really hot in the club and so, my face would get red on its own. She then put a -pink lipstick to end it. When I had checked myself in the washroom mirror, I couldn’t help but smile because I did look kind of y.

“David!” Jina called her boyfriend’s name when she saw him coming in the hotel.

“Hey babe.” David replied and gave Jina a kiss on the lips.

“Jooli?! Is that you?!” David stared at me. He gave me a full body glance. I was kind of embarrassed so I was pulling the dress down so it wouldn’t be so short.

“Hi David. Long time no see.” I smiled faintly to him.

“Wow… You… have nice legs. He blurted out. That earned a punch from his girlfriend.

“Ow! It’s a compliment. What I meant was, I’ve never seen you like this. You’ve changed so much.” He was rubbing the area where Jina had hit him, but it didn’t really bother Jina because she knew David only loved her.

“Yeah… this is not how I normally dress. I still dress the same way that I dressed last year. It’s just that this is all Jina’s fault.” I pointed to the dress, make-up, shoes, and hair.

“You did a great job Jina.” David hugged his girlfriend.

“But anyways, Happy birthday Jooli.” David wished me and gave me a hug.

“What about my outfit?” Jina spun around so David could see her outfit.


Jina's outfit

“Of course you look hot. You always look hot.” David smiled in satisfactory and hugged Jina tightly.

“Should we wait for them or just go in to our room first? I already book a room for us.” I said.

“Hey guys!” A voice shouted from behind us. I looked and saw that it was Victoria, Yunho, and Jaejoong all walking towards us. They looked like models. All good looking and good body. Victoria was also wearing a very club-like dress. She looked so pretty and model-like with that dress on.

Victoria's outfit

“Happy Birthday Jooli! You’re looking hot!” Victoria smiled and gave me a big hug.

“Happy Birthday Jooli. And I agree with that statement.” Yunho laughed and gave me a hug too.

“Happy Birthday.” Jaejoong said and looked away from me. His face was a bit red. He didn’t even give me a hug. I actually felt kind of disappointed that he was the only one that didn’t give me a hug.

“Oh! I forgot to introduce you guys. This here, is Jina’s boyfriend, David. David, this is Yunho and his girlfriend, Victoria. This is Jaejoong, Yunho’s younger  brother. Victoria, this is my friend, Jina. Jina, this is Victoria.” I introduced them to each other.

They all greeted each other with handshakes and smiles.

“By the way Jooli. I never knew you like to dress like this. I think we should go shopping again. We need to get you some more clothing. By wearing shorts and t-shirts, you’re wasting your body. You have a nice S-line and you should show it off.” Victoria pointed out with a wink.

“This is all Jina’s fault. It’s too uncomfortable. I am not going to wear clothing like this all the time.” I groaned.

“Alright, let’s stop the chit chat and get to the club. I want to enjoy life tonight.” Jina exclaimed with happiness as she took the lead and made her way into the club. When we got in the front entrance, I gave a worker my name and he led us to our room. I saw a lot of young people grinding and bumping against each other on the dance floor. I saw a lot of those during my high school dances, so it wasn’t a surprise to me. I couldn’t wait to start dancing. Once we made our way to our room, there were already a couple bottles of champagne, glasses, and a cake waiting for us on the table. The champagne still had cold gas emitting off of it, so that meant they set the stuff not long ago.

“If you need anything, just press this button and we’ll be here as soon as possible.” The worker pointed to a small red button next to the door and left. When the door was shut, most of the noise from the outside was shut.

“Let’s open the champagne!” Jina suggested and opened one of the four. She poured a glass for each person.

“Happy Birthday Jooli!” Victoria exclaimed and raised her glass to the middle of the table. The rest of us followed suit and clinked our glasses together before drinking it.

“Okay, so David and I got this for you together.” Jina suddenly handed me a wrapped box.

“Thanks guys!” I smiled and took it from her.

“Open it.” Jina urged. I nodded and carefully unwrapped the wrapping paper, revealing a blue box that had the name Swarovski printed on top. Inside was a pair of earring. They were in the shape of hearts and the color of the crystal was a nice sky blue color, exactly like the color of the sky in Hawaii.

“It’s so pretty. I love it guys. Thank you!” I thanked them again and smiled at them.

“I knew you would love it.” Jina replied with a smile.

“Here, open mine and Yunho’s next!” Victoria handed me a big white bag with the word Gucci imprinted on it. I smiled and took the bag from them.

Inside the bag were two boxes. One box was bigger than the other. I took the bigger box first. I opened it and found a gorgeous white summer dress in it. Victoria already knew my sizes because she went shopping with me. The dress looked pretty and it would definitely be something I’ll wear because it looked very comfortable. The next box was a pair of wedge sandals. It matched the dress nicely and it was really comfortable.

“Thanks guys.” I smiled at them with as much love as I could.

“I’m glad you like it.”  Victoria smiled back.

“Here.”  Jaejoong said and handed me a white Tiffany&Co. bag. I looked at him for second before reaching in and grabbing a silver box. I opened it and found myself staring that most beautiful necklace I had ever seen. The pendant was the shape of three stars connecting to each other. The middle star was the biggest one and it had a bit of blueness in color. The other two stars were white. If you put the necklace at a certain angle, only the middle star would shine. It reminded me of the day when Jaejoong and were at the beach looking at stars.

“It’s beautiful.” I said softly with a smile.