She's Back

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

------Jaejoong------

 

I was lying on my bed, re-thinking everything that has happened during the past couple days. From finding out about Mina and Dan, to seeing a different Jooli, and to ending things with Mina. It’s been exhausting and I was tired. I still remembered that day when I saw Dan and Jooli.

The day after we went to the theme park with Yunho and Jooli, Mina said she still didn’t feel too good. She said she wanted to stay in her room for the day and just rest. I left her alone for a couple hours because I thought she was asleep and I didn’t want to wake her up. But when it was dinner time, I decided to go to her room, which was only a couple doors down from mine, to wake her up and grab something to eat. As I was approaching her door, I heard really loud groaning and sounds coming from inside the room. I gripped onto the door handle and tried to twist it open, but it didn’t budge. The only thing left to do was ring the doorbell. I rang the bell constantly. It wasn’t until minutes later that I finally heard the stop and footsteps started. The door opened and I saw a red-faced Mina who was covered with a towel. Behind her was none other than my best-friend, Dan.

After that incident, I never spoke to Dan again. He probably knew that our friendship died the second I found out what they were doing behind my back. When I saw them standing in front of me with a surprised expression, I belt my blood pressure rise. I didn’t want to see that scene so I just simply walked away until I could no longer see them. And the only way to get them out of my head was to go and drink the pain away.

Even though it’s been a couple days after the incident, it felt like it happened the day before. I thought back to a while back when Jooli had eavesdropped on the conversation that Mina and I were having. I didn’t know that she was there, listening to every word we were saying. I didn’t know that I had told her I was a . It’s not very cool when you’re a 22 year old, rich playboy . I know it sounds like a bunch of crap, but I wanted to wait for the right girl. Girls always say how they want to give their ity to that one special guy. Well, some guys think the same way.

As I thought back to Jooli, I remembered the way she looked at me. The stare she gave me sent shivers down my spine. I remembered the night I saw her at Mark’s party. She looked hot. Almost as if she was another person. At first I couldn’t recognize her, but when I saw her sitting on the stairs by herself, I knew that it was her. After calling her a pig so many times, I didn’t have the guts to call her something else, something completely opposite.

------Jooli------

The day of Yunho’s parent’s arrival, I had to work during the morning. The restaurant was packed because it was a Saturday and it was very loud. I was busy for the entire morning and it wasn’t until around two in the afternoon that I got a chance to have a break. I had to run back upstairs to my room to grab something. When I was going back to the restaurant, I accidently bumped into someone. I looked up and saw a Korean man dressed in a very casual summer shirt and he looked like he was around his fifties. Beside him stood a Korean woman, around the same age, wearing a pink summer dress with floral prints on it. They looked like tourists.

“Oh! I’m so sorry. Are you alright sir?” I bowed to the man.

“Oh, it’s fine dear. I’m alright.” He smiled at me.

“Are you two tourists?” I smiled at the man and the woman.

“I guess you can say that.” The woman laughed and hooked her arm around the man’s arm. The man gave her a wide grin and they winked at each other.

“Well then, I hope you two enjoy your stay. Do you need help with anything at the moment? I’m quite familiar with the area.” I suggested.

“I think we’ll be alright for now dear. But if we do need your service, you must give us your name.” The man smiled at me.

“Oh, of course. My name is Park Jooli. I actually work at the restaurant right there.” I introduced myself and pointed to the restaurant which was not too far away.

“I see. Well, you must be on your way no. We wouldn’t like it if you got to work late. I hope we do meet again. You’re such a nice girl. It was nice meeting you.” The woman smiled warmly at me.

“Oh, yes! It was a pleasure meeting you too. Take care.” I smiled and bowed to them as they left the premises. After they left, I remembered that I didn’t ask for their name.

“Oh well…” I sighed and went back to work.

Just as I walked into the restaurant, I was stopped by Jina.

“Jooli! Are you busy tonight?” She asked me.

“Well, after I get off, I don’t have anything else do to. Why?” I asked her.

“I was wondering if you can take my shift for tonight. David wanted to take me out on a dinner tonight because he’s going to be away for a while starting tomorrow, so I won’t be able to see him for a while. Please? I’ll be so grateful and I promise I’ll make it up to you soon.” Jina looked at me with her puppy eyes. She knew I couldn’t resist that look. I had no choice but to just nod my head, saying yes to her plead.

“Thank you so much Jooli! I owe you!” She smiled widely and gave me a big hug.

“No problem. I don’t have anything to do anyways.” I replied with a laugh.

In my head, I was actually wondering if Yunho’s parents arrived yet. Yunho told me that they were already supposed to be in Maui, but I hadn’t heard any news about them yet. Maybe they decided to not come last minute. If so, I’m sure Yunho would be ecstatic.

After working for the rest of my shift, I went back up to my room to play around because I had a three hour break until I had to go back and work the Jina’s evening shift. When I returned to the restaurant, the dinner reservations were booked and the restaurant was packed with children, teenagers, adults, and seniors. A lot of our VIP rooms were also reserved. Most of the time, the VIP rooms were used for big groups. If not, they were reserved for wealthy people. One good thing about being a waitress at the restaurant was that the amount of tip you get is quite high because everyone who goes there are usually people with lots of money because Harmony Bay is quite an expensive hotel to stay at.

“Jooli, take care of room number 4. There are five guests who are going to be in that room and I want you to specially take care of that room since Jina was supposedly assigned to that room. They’ll be here soon, so you might want to go in there and just prepare everything.” The manager told me as I was cleaning a table that I had served.

“Okay, I’ll go over once I’m done here.” I told him. He nodded and walked away. After I finished cleaning up the table, I walked to room number four. There were a total of ten VIP rooms in the restaurant. Five out of the ten rooms were made for a smaller gathering. In those five rooms, the tables could fit around six or seven people while the other five rooms had tables that could fit up to 12 people. Inside each of the VIP rooms, there was a HD plasma TV, private washroom, couches, and a table with chairs. The walls were sound proof, so if people were having a really important discussion, nobody outside of the room could hear it.

I placed a set of utensils, plates, bowls, and drinking glasses around the table. I also placed a napkin on each of the plates. Just as I was finished setting things up, I heard the door open. To my surprise, it was Yunho who had walked in. He was dressed in a grey Armani suit. He looked incredibly handsome. For a moment, I just stood there and stared at him. He looked really dressed up.

“Jooli?” His voice brought me back to reality.

“Oh Yunho. What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“I told you that my parents will be coming today right? Well, they arrived this morning and I suggested that we come here for dinner. I booked this room for us.” He explained.

“But there are only four people in your family. The manager said that you booked for five.” I was confused.

“I think the fifth person is my parent’s friend. They told me that they brought a friend along on their trip.” He replied.

“Ohh… I see.” I nodded my head.

“What are you doing in here? I thought you’re supposed to be working outside.” Yunho asked.

“Oh! Well, Jina asked me to take over her night shift because she has something personal to deal with tonight and since I don’t have anything to do this evening, I took over for her. At least I can earn a bit more money.” I smiled.

“Ohh, what a good friend. I wish Jaejoong could take over some business for me.” He laughed.

“Yeah, he should be helping you. What a bad brother he is. All he does is play, eat, and sleep. He should be more like you.” I agreed.

At that moment, the door opened and in came Jaejoong, who was wearing a white suit. The second I saw the suit, I knew it was from D&G’s new summer clothing line. I was reading a fashion magazine the other day and the suit had caught my eye. I even imagined Yunho wearing it, but I never would have thought that I would see Jaejoong wearing it instead of Yunho. To be honest, Jaejoong actually looked quite dashing in the suit. When I looked at him, I didn’t think of him as a bad boy. He looked innocent and friendly.

“Wow, I thought you would have been the last one to arrive. You’re actually early.” Yunho laughed as he gave his younger sibling a hug.

“Well, its mom and dad this time, so I have to be earlier than them.” He replied. “What are you doing here?” He asked me when he finally saw my presence. He didn’t look as depressed as the other day. I wasn’t sure if he was over the incident, but he sure looked like nothing happened.

“I’m taking a friend’s shift for tonight and the manager told me to be the waitress for this room. So tonight, I’m your service-woman. If you need help with anything, just ask for me.” I told him. I had to remember that I was working. Even if I didn’t like Jaejoong very much, I had to respect him because not only is he a customer, but he is also the son of the boss.

“Great.” He mumbled a reply. Before I could say anything else, the door opened a third time and in walked two people. At first I didn’t recognize them, but when it got to me, I finally knew who they were.

“Oh hello.” I bowed to them. They were the couple who I had bumped into earlier.

“Oh, we meet again, Jooli.” The woman replied with a smile.

“You’re Mr. and Mrs. Kim? Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry for being not knowing earlier! Please pardon my rudeness. I am so sorry.” I bowed and kept on apologizing. Jaejoong and Yunho just had a confused expression on their faces.

“Oh no dear. You weren’t rude at all! You’re such a friendly girl. Actually, out of all the workers around, we still think you’re the nicest one. Don’t tell the others.” Mr. Kim smiled gently at me.

“What is happening here?” Jaejoong asked, still eyeing the three of us.

“This young lady happened to bump into us earlier, thinking that we were tourists. But it wasn’t her fault. The two of us were dressed in summer clothing.” Mrs. Kim explained.

“I see…” Jaejoong replied.

 I was a bit nervous because the entire Kim family was gathered in one room. I was kind of nervous to meet Mr. and Mrs. Kim in my waitress uniform.

“Don’t be nervous Jooli. My parents are nice people, no need to get so tense.” Yunho laughed at my state.

“O-Oh, sorry.” I stuttered and bowed.

“You don’t have to bow to us Jooli. A simple smile will do.” Mrs. Kim smiled at me.

“Yes Mrs. Kim.” I smiled.

“Do you know my two sons Jooli? I heard Yunho say your name.” Mrs. Kim asked.

“She’s a friend of mine. She’s been working here for the past two years.” Yunho replied for me.

“You have a very nice friend.” Mr. Kim laughed. I could only blush at his compliment. They all started talking amongst themselves.

The Kim family took a seat around the table. I remembered there was still one more person missing. I didn’t want to mind their business so I poured some water into each of their drinking glasses.

“Dad, didn’t you say you brought a friend too? Where is he?” Yunho asked his father.

“Actually, she’s a girl. And she should be here soon.” Mr. Kim replied. As if on cue, the door opened and in walked a gorgeous Korean girl. She was wearing a black puffy dress. Her hair was tied up into a neat little bun and her makeup made her look flawless.

“Hello Yunho, long time no see.” She smiled at Yunho.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Who’s the girl? =O

I’m thinking of putting a girl from an idol group in the story. Try guessing who she is. I’ll reveal the mystery girl soon.