A Late Night Talk

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

Sorry for the super late update! As you all know, it's summer time and instead of being on vacation, I'm stuck in summer school. It's not because I failed a class, but because I want to finish a class so I don't have to do it during the school year. Summer school will end in about 10 days for me, so I hope I can try to update again as soon as possible! Once again, I'm very sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

------Jaejoong------

“Who the hell does she think she is?” I questioned as I walked around Yunho’s office trying to get my anger out. Remembering the way that pig acted towards me pissed me off. No one treats Kim Jaejoong like that. Even when I first saw her in the elevator, I didn’t like her. A woman with a bad fashion sense is not a good woman.

“Jaejoong, calm down, it’s not her fault that she didn’t know who you were.” Yunho said to me without lifting his eyes from his paperwork.

“Yunho, how could you hire that girl? She’s so rude to her customers! Plus, she’s not hot at all. If you want to attract customers, you have to hire hot people.” I exclaimed.

“Jaejoong, Harmony Bay isn’t about checking out hot chicks. Harmony Bay is about peace, relaxation, and carefree. That’s the mind that grandpa had when he first started this.” He replied flatly. He always seemed so serious when it came to stuff that had to do with the hotel. Before grandpa passed away, he wasn’t as serious and busy. Ever since he started to work at the Hawaiian branch, I started to see him less and less. Even the smile that I always used to see started to slowly disappear. Yes, Yunho was a really nice guy, but he was a lot happier before he took over the family business. I wished he stopped working so much and spent more time doing his own things.

“If Harmony Bay is about peace, relaxation, and carefree, then why aren’t you like that Yunho? Whenever I see you, you’re either at meetings or you’re in your office working. I haven’t hung out with you for a long time. You should take a day off and just relax.” I shot back.

“I do. Just yesterday I was swimming.” He answered.

“Yeah, swimming for an hour or two doesn’t really make you totally relaxed. You should at least take a full day off.” I argued.

“I can’t Jaejoong. I have too much things I have to handle around the hotel. How about you help me?” He chuckled.

“No thanks. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life sitting on a chair and doing work yet. I’m only 22. I’m too young to do that. You’re too young too! You’re only 25. That’s the age to be out partying and having fun.” I shook my head and took a seat on his comfy couch.

“Well, you can do whatever you want with your life, and I’ll just stick to mine. Just make sure you have an idea of how your future will be like. Don’t be like this all your life. Being a playboy doesn’t work when you get old. You’ll be lonely and unhappy.” Yunho said.

“It’s not like I’m going to be like this all my life. I’ll be able to find someone I love one day. I just want to play for now. I don’t want to get into anything too serious.” I stated. I was never the type of person who would stay single for long, but I was never in a relationship for long either. To me, girls were like chewing gum. After the taste goes away, I spit it out.

“Well then, I wish you good luck little brother.” Yunho laughed as if I was joking.

“Whatever, I’m going to leave now and enjoy the nice weather instead of staying in here and watching you work. When you have free time, call me.” I suggested before I left the office.

“Time to look for hot chicks.” I smirked. I walked down the hallway while scouting any girls who had a hot body.

------Jooli------

“Wow, looks like you two had a rough talk in the office.” Jina commented after I told her the story in the office. The two of us had gotten off work and went to the Seaside BBQ. We got a seat outside where we could see the ocean scenery and the sunset. Seaside BBQ was one of the best places on the entire island if you wanted an amazing view.

“Tell me about it. I still can’t believe that jerk is Yunho’s brother! They are totally different people.” I still hated the fact that Jaejoong was Yunho’s brother.

“I think Jaejoong’s pretty y. I mean, Yunho’s handsome, but Jaejoong just steals my breath. You know that vampire look? He could totally pull it off!” Jina suddenly exploded with how hot Jaejoong would look at a vampire.

“Jina, stop reading those Twilight books. Plus, if Jaejoong could pull off the vampire look, Yunho could as well.” I imagined Yunho as a vampire.

“Yeah, a vampire with a tan? That’s not going to work. Only people like Jaejoong can pull it off. Didn’t you see how pale his skin was? He practically shines in the dark.” Jina ruined my daydream.

“Hey! Yunho’s tan makes him look y.” I argued with a chuckle.

“Fine, I know you like our boss a lot. I won’t argue with you, but please keep in mind that Jaejoong is pretty damn y.” Jina giggled like a five year old.

“You can have him!” I smiled widely.

“No thanks. I don’t go for playboys.” She shook her head.

“Okay, let’s stop talking about the Kim brothers and talk about your David.” I wiggled my eyebrows at her. Jina’s current boyfriend is David. He’s three years older than Jina. It’s been almost three years since they started to date and they are still going strong.

“David is good. He’ll be off for two weeks starting next Friday. At that time, I’ll be able to see him more often.” She smiled at the thought. I always thought of them as the perfect couple. David was good looking and had an amazing body. Jina was exactly the sweetheart next door. She had dark brown wavy hair that was just above her stomach, she had a perfect swimsuit model body with a height of 173cm and honey thighs to die for. Jina was half American and half Korean. The best features about her were her dark brown eyes, straight nose, soft lips, and straight white teeth. It was rare to see a mixed Asian with blue eyes, but Jina was one of those rare species. She was admired by all the guys and girls around her. I often wondered why she chose me to be her friend. When I stood next to her, I felt like a troll. I still found it weird that no company has spotted her yet.

David on the other hand worked as a part-time model for American Eagle. He was 184cm tall and had a really nice body. His abs was always referred to as ‘chocolate’ abs. He had light brown hair, green eyes, and an amazing smile. David wasn’t the stuck-up, cocky kind of person. He was nice and caring. David and Jina was practically a match made in heaven. I was jealous of them and often thought if I would ever be able to have a boyfriend like David.

“That’s great! I haven’t seen him since last summer. You should call him out one day and we should all go for dinner or something.” I suggested.

“Sure! I’ll call him later and see when he’s not busy.” Jina smiled as she finished eating the rest of her dinner.

“I love this time of day.” I said softly as I stared into the ocean. The sun was setting, creating a reddish colored sky.

“Me too…” I heard Jina mumble in agreement.

Suddenly Jina’s cell phone started to ring. She picked it up and saw that it was David.

“Sorry Jooli, can you wait a second?” Jina asked.

“It’s okay, don’t worry about it. You talk to him. I should head back anyways.” I protested as I got up and grabbed my bag. I reached into the wallet to get some cash, but Jina stopped me.

“It’s on me.” Jina smiled as she opened her cell phone.

“Thanks.” I mouthed to her with a smile before I left the table. I watched as she laughed to something David said. She looked so happy.

I looked at the time on my cell phone. It was barely eight, so I decided to take a walk along the beach. I took off my sandals and let my bare touch the soft sand. I walked closer towards the water and I could feel the sand getter softer and colder. It felt so nice. As I walked along the water, I could feel the breeze blowing into my face. The nights in Hawaii were the best. I didn’t want to go back to the hotel yet, so I found a dry spot on the sand and sat down. I found a nearby stick on the ground and picked it up. Then I started doodling in the sand. I started writing Yunho’s name plus my name in the sand. I stood up and outlined the words with a big heart.

“Ah! What am I doing? I’m too old to do these childish things!” I shouted as I stood up and ruined the writing in the sand. I kicked my feet into the sand to erase the writing. I felt so childish. I used to write my crush’s name in my notebooks when I was in middle school. I wanted to go back to elementary school when we didn’t care about boys.

“Too old to do what?” A voice suddenly caught my attention. I stopped kicking the sand and turned around to see Yunho standing on the sand. His hair was messy and he had his tie loose and the top part of his shirt was ed. I hated to admit it, but even when he was tired, he looked hot. He didn’t look like that when I left his office earlier. He must have worked non-stop.

“Oh, Mr. Kim!” I gasped. Then I bowed. I had totally forgotten about a formal greeting.

“First, you have to stop calling me by Mr. Kim. Second, you don’t have to be so formal. You don’t have to bow every time you see me, especially when you’re not working. Plus, didn’t we say we would be friends? Friends don’t have to bow to each other.” He gazed at me with a piercing glare.

“Sorry…” I apologized with sincerity.

“If you’re really sorry, then let me sit with you. I don’t want to look like an idiot sitting by myself.” He smiled. His white teeth shined even when the sky was turning dark.

“Oh! No problem.” I was happy he decided to sit with me. I was scared he thought I was a bit of a retard when he saw me kicking and shouting at the sand. He sat down on the ground beside my legs. After debating on whether I should sit or stand, I finally picked to sit down. I would have looked like a complete idiot if I was standing up.

“It’s good to see that you are taking a break.” I said quietly.

“Yeah, Jaejoong told me that I should take a break. I finished the paper work and decided to walk around for a bit.” He replied.

“He’s right. You look so tired right now.” I agreed.

“I just forget the time when I’m in the office. I would rather be doing something than just sitting around being lazy. My dad left me in charge of this hotel and I have to do my best to keep it at its best.” He said.

“I understand, but you’re still human. I’m pretty sure your dad wouldn’t mind if you took a couple breaks every now and then. You don’t want to overwork yourself.” I warned him.

“Don’t worry about me. I’m okay.” He whispered with his head facing the ground.

“Sure you are.” I chuckled as I swirled my finger in the cool sand.

“I think we should get going, it’s starting to get dark.” I suggested. The wind was starting to pick up and I didn’t bring a sweater. I still had a couple emails to send back home anyways.

“Yeah okay.” He looked up and yawned. He stretched his arms before getting up from the ground.

“See, you’re tired. I think you should go to sleep.” I told him.

“It’s only eight, but I’ll try.” He smiled at me.

We walked back to the hotel and separated when I had to go to the elevator. He went back into his office and I walked into the elevator, ending the night and preparing for another day.


 

Subsribe and Comment :)