Victoria

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

Look who the new girl is! ^^

------Yunho------

“Victoria?” I widened my eyes when I saw her come in. It’s been five years since I last saw her and she looked the same, just a lot more beautiful then I remembered. Victoria was my girlfriend for two years during the time when were in university. We were madly in love with each other and everyone could see it. My parents were fond of her and she was loved by my entire family. We were very happy together for those two years, but then her family moved to Canada. We broke up right before she moved away and she never gave me her number or address. There was no way I could contact her. To be honest, I was heartbroken for a while, but I wasn’t mad at her. I would never be mad at her, loved each other. Even if we haven’t seen each other for five years, I still thought about her every day.

“I’ve missed you.” She said softly. Her eyes were teary. I stood up and walked towards her, wanting to hold her in my arms once again. After Victoria and I broke up, I never dated other woman because Victoria had been the only one in my heart all along. I was able to feel her warmth once again. Victoria had started to sob and all I could do was just hold her tightly.

“I’ve missed you too.” I whispered into her ear. I missed her touch, I missed her smell, I missed her laugh, I missed her voice, I missed her everything. When we broke apart from the hug, she took a seat next to me. I saw that the rest of my family were all smiling, even Jaejoong.

“Dad, mom… How did you…” I spoke. I was confused about the whole situation. My parents were the ones behind all this, so they should be the ones explaining things.

“Well, you know how we discussed about you getting married? We knew that we couldn’t actually force you to marry a stranger. We tried to think of someone who would be the perfect woman for you, and it popped into our head when we saw a picture of you and Victoria still framed in your room. It did take a while to find where she was located, but we found her. Son, both your mother and I know that you’re still in love with Victoria, and when we called her, she also confessed that she was still in love with you. Today, we are here to wish for you two to get married.” My father explained.

“Marriage?” Both Victoria and I said at the same time.

“But Mr. Kim, you never said anything about marriage when we talked on the phone.” Victoria exclaimed.

“I know dear, and I’m sorry. But don’t you love Yunho? Don’t you want to be with him forever?” My father asked.

“I love him, but marriage is still a bit early. We haven’t seen each other for five years, I don’t know if Yunho still feels the same way towards me.” Victoria said.

“I still love Victoria too. I never for, but I too agree that it’s a bit early for marriage. You should at least let us catch up on our five years dad.” I suggested. If Victoria was the same Victoria I knew five years ago, then I would be happy to marry her, but if the Victoria I know now is a total different person, I may have to have a second thought on that.

“I guess you’re right. I believe in you two and I know you two still love each other very much.” My father agreed.

“Alright, can we stop talking about marriage and get some food into our stomach? I didn’t eat anything since lunch and right now is already seven. I’m hungry.” Jaejoong whined from the side. The rest of the table just laughed at his complaints.

For the rest of the dinner, everyone at the table was laughing and having a good time, but my attention was all focused on Victoria. I didn’t notice anything else when Victoria was sitting beside me. It was as if I was under a love spell and the only person who I paid attention to, was her.

------Jooli------

The moment I saw Yunho and Victoria hugging, I stopped what I was doing and just stared. For a couple minutes I couldn’t really get the scene through my head, but when I heard Mr. and Mrs. Kim talking about Yunho and Victoria’s past, I knew that my thoughts on not having a chance with Yunho was right. I never had the chance and I never would.

Even when I was taking their orders and getting food for them, I could tell that Yunho and Victoria were in their little world. Even little kids could see that they were in love. I tried my best to not show my sadness. I also noticed that Mr. and Mrs. Kim were smiling the entire time while Jaejoong was just kind of lazily sitting and eating dinner. I wasn’t interested in what Jaejoong was doing, but I couldn’t help but notice that he would glance at me every once in a while. Instead of being bothered by Jaejoong’s stares, I was more concentrated on trying to not look sad and trying my best to be a good worker. After almost two hours of talking, laughing, and eating, the five people were finally finished.

“Thank you Jooli for helping us tonight. The food was great and your service was excellent.” Mr. Kim smiled at me.

“You’re very welcome Mr. Kim. I’m glad you enjoyed everything.” I replied with a small smile. I didn’t know why I even had the courage to smile. I didn’t feel totally upset, but I knew I was quite depressed.

“Continue to work hard and I hope we can see you again, dear.” Mrs. Kim gave me a little hug. She didn’t care that I smelled like food, or if my hair was messy, or if my uniform was making me a bit sweaty. Her hug felt familiar. It felt like a mother’s hug, something that I missed.

“Thank you Mrs. Kim. Have a great night.” I smiled to her and watched her and her husband leave.

“Thanks Jooli. I’ll see you later.” Yunho waved good-bye to me with a little smile. A second after waving, he walked out of the room with Victoria who also gave me a little smile, which I returned.

“You alright?” Jaejoong was the only one left in the room. He had quietly walked up to me with a serious expression on his face.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” I forced a laugh.

“You don’t have to force that laugh. I know you’re actually not feeling that great. You don’t have to hold it in. If it makes you feel better, I can lend you my shoulder for you to cry on.” Jaejoong said to me, but his eyes were wondering around. He actually looked shy, something which I don’t see all the time. It was totally not his personality. In a way, he actually did look kind of cute. I didn’t know why I would think like that, but he did look quite cute being all shy.

“I already told you, I’m okay. There’s no reason for me to cry. I told you before that I never thought of having a chance with Yunho and I’m right. Are you happy now?” I looked at him with a serious face. I wasn’t mad, I was just a bit annoyed because he thought I was really upset, but I was actually just a bit sad. To be honest, I wasn’t as sad as I thought I would be.

“Whoa, don’t be mad. I’m just trying to comfort you.” He backed off a bit.

“I don’t need your comfort. I’m fine. All I can is that I’m actually not as upset as I thought I would be. I actually don’t feel any heartbreaking feelings in my heart. You know that terrible feeling you’re supposed to get when you see the one you love with another person? I don’t feel like that right now. I’m actually quite okay.” I retorted.

“That’s because you’re not actually in love with Yunho, stupid.” He rolled his eyes at me.

“Well, that I know. I always knew that I wasn’t in love with him, I just liked him.” I replied. I was leaning on the side of the table with my arms crossed in front of my chest.

“You don’t know the difference between loving and liking someone, do you?” Jaejoong smirked.

“Of course I do! I’ve been in love before.” I exclaimed.

“Oh yeah? With who?” He laughed.

“You don’t know him!” I replied.

“Yeah right! You’ve never been in love before, so stop pretending that you have. The only thing you’ve ever been in love with is probably food.” He laughed until he was crouching over holding onto his stomach.

“Okay, so what if I’ve never been in love before? Have you been in love before? You’re just another rich- playboy who courts girl instead of working. So what if you’re still a ? You’re still a playboy that doesn’t understand anything about love.” I exclaimed.

“You’re right. I like courting girls and I’ve been in multiple relationships, but that doesn’t mean I don’t know what love is. Sure, I’ve never been in love, but I think I’ll be able to find someone I love in the future.” He looked up at the ceiling as he was talking. It looked like he was really thinking about what I had said.

“Even someone like you believes that there is love out there. I do hope that I can find love that lasts forever. I don’t want to end up getting a divorce with him.” I sighed. I always wondered why people get married and promise to not leave, but then they divorce in the end.

“Well, you still have a long time to find love. You’re still young. How old are you again?” He asked me.

“I’m turning 19 next week.” I told him. I was quite excited to turn 19. It meant I can go clubbing legally, something that I’ve always wanted to try.

“19? Wow, 19’s a big deal. You’re practically an adult now. You’re going to be able to go drinking and clubbing. Aren’t you excited?” He asked.

“Clubbing yeah, drinking not so much. I’m not a drinker. At parties, I’m the one who usually takes care of people.” I explained.

“You clubbing? I can’t imagine you clubbing. I don’t want to see your fat flopping around on the dance floor.” He started laughing again. He just had to make fun of me.

“I’m not fat! You saw me last time at Mark’s party! Was I fat? No! I’m mostly muscle. I knew you were totally checking me out Kim Jaejoong. Admit it.” I exclaimed.

“I was not checking you out! I was looking around the area and coincidently saw you. I was just surprised that you were at a party. You don’t seem like the type of girl who would be out partying. I thought you were the type of girl who would stay at home and study all day. You don’t look like a party girl.” He replied. He was trying to hide the fact that he actually did check me out during that party. I still remembered the way he was staring at me.

“I’m not a nerd. Yeah, I’m good at school, but I don’t study very often. I’m actually smart, unlike SOMEONE.” I said, emphasizing the last word.

“Hey! I’m smart too.” He defended himself.

“You, smart? Hah, yeah right.” I crossed my arms in front of my chest and stared at him.

“Fine, don’t believe me, stupid pig.” He crossed his arms and mimicked my pose.

“Whatever.” I replied and started putting away the rest of the dishes and utensils while Jaejoong stood and watched me with his arms crossed in front of his built chest.

“Maybe instead of just watching me finish my job, you should help me out.” I suggested. It was starting to get a bit uncomfortable with him staring at me.

“No thanks. That’s your job. I’m out of here. See ya, pig.” He laughed as he walked out of the room.

“Stupid Kim Jaejoong. You stupid lazy panda!” I cursed him as I watched him disappear. After talking with Jaejoong, I didn’t feel so upset. Jaejoong kind of made me happier. Not only did he gave me shivers whenever he stared at me, but he also had a way of making me feel lighter. Still, he’s a jerk for always calling me a pig.