The Arrival

A Summer's Desire! [♥]

Here's the first chapter. Leave a comment! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-----Jooli-----

“Mom, dad, it’s Jooli. I just wanted to tell you guys that I’ve arrived in Hawaii safely. The weather is awesome and the ocean is still as blue and clear as I remembered. I’ll miss you and dad a lot and I’m sorry if I don’t call you guys often. For now, I have to go and talk to the manager about my schedule. Love you guys, bye.” I flipped my phone shut and placed it on the wooden table beside my bed. I had arrived in Hawaii for just an hour and already I felt so relaxed and carefree. Being in Hawaii had never disappointed me because whenever I saw the clear blue water, my heart would suddenly feel so much calmer.

Harmony Bay was one of the most well-known hotels around the world. The founder and president, Kim Junghoon started the hotel from scratch at the age of 25. He passed away years ago and the new president was Kim Dongwon, his son. Dongwon was well respected from all his customers and workers. I had never seen or met him before, but from what others told me, he was an intelligent man. Since I was only a waitress in the hotel, I had no right to meet him in person. He rarely goes to the branch in Hawaii unless it’s something important. Instead, he has his eldest son, Kim Yunho to manage the Hawaii branch.

Kim Yunho was very well known around the hotel. He was the CEO of the hotel. He was known for his charming looks, muscular and tall body, intelligence, and he was never seen with a woman. Some people thought he was gay, some just said he was far too busy for dating, and some say he was good at keeping his girlfriend a secret. I thought he was too perfect to be gay and there was no way he kept his girlfriend a secret. I wasn’t sure if he had a girlfriend, but when I was in Hawaii every summer, I saw him go to work every morning and saw him leave every night at a very late hour. He worked seven days a week and I had never seen him with a woman. Yunho was the man of every girl’s dream, including mine. I liked him ever since I first met him two years ago. He never noticed me, but whenever he did, he would nod and smile. Even though he didn’t know my name, I was still happy that he would smile at me.

I walked out of my room to the elevator. My room number was 255. I lived in the same room every summer. Although it was not exquisite or big, I felt cozy whenever I stepped in the room. I lived on the third floor of the hotel. Most of the third floor was reserved for workers and most of them had to share a room. I was lucky enough to get a room to myself. On the fourth level were the rooms where people like businessmen, celebrities, or anyone who had money slept.

I pressed the down button beside the elevator and waited for it to come. When the door opened, I saw a couple inside already. As I walked into the elevator, I could hear them whispering to each other. The man apparently whispered something funny into the girl’s ear because I heard her giggle. With a giggle like hers, she was probably around my age. Then I heard the man talk loud enough for me to hear.

“Baby, how does dinner with me tonight sound?” He asked the girl in his arms. His voice was very unique. It was soft and husky. It even sounded y when he talked to the girl. The girl had blonde hair and tanned skin. She looked like your regular American girl. I snuck a peek at the man with the corner of my eyes. I wasn’t able to see his face because the girl was blocking him, but the way he dressed told me that he was probably some spoiled play-boy from a rich family.

“Only if you don’t leave me again like last night.” The girl responded with a pout.

“I came back, didn’t I?” He replied as he pinched the girl’s nose and laughed. The girl never said anything back. Instead, she kissed him on the lips, right beside me. The couple was so into their make out session that they didn’t notice when the elevator reached ground floor. As I stepped out of the elevator, I heard the man groan. ‘Get a room please.’ I thought in my head.

I had another 15 minutes until I had to go see the manager of the restaurant department, so I decided to go to the worker’s lounge to see if anyone I knew was resting there. The worker’s lounge had video games, vending machines, a cafeteria, couches, tables, pool table, and a lot of other things workers could do while on break.  

I was never popular. I didn’t know a lot of people in the hotel. The only people who I would talk to were a few of the other waitresses. I scanned the room but there weren’t a lot of people in it. I didn’t see any familiar faces. Suddenly, a man dressed in a grey suit caught my eye. He sat right by the window and was reading a book and listening to music while sipping on coffee. Even from far away, I recognized who he was. He was none other than Kim Yunho.

------FLASHBACK------

I walked out of the head of the restaurant’s office after he discussed my shifts with me. My shifts were mostly during the morning and afternoon. I usually had the evening off. Just as I was going back up to my room to rest, I accidently bumped into someone. I dropped my schedule, uniform, worker’s manual, and a bit of other stuff.

“I’m sorry!” I said to the person without looking at them. I quickly got down on my knees to pick up my stuff.

“No, I should be sorry. Here, let me help you.” A man said as he got down to help me. After we picked up everything, we stood up and I was finally able to see the face of the person who I bumped into. He was incredibly handsome. His eyes were a coffee brown color, his eyelashes were long, his complexion was better than a girl’s, and his smile was heart-melting. When I realized I stared at him a bit longer then needed, I looked away.

“Thanks.” I said quietly as he handed my things over. The moment I looked into his eyes was the moment I fell for him.

“Don’t worry about it. I see you’re a worker here.” He gestured to the uniform in my arms.

“Oh… yeah, this is my first day here.” I replied with a little smile.

“I see. My name is Kim Yunho. I’m the CEO of this hotel, nice to meet you.” He smiled as he introduced himself. 

“A-Ah… Nice to meet you Mr. Kim.” I suddenly felt really small and embarrassed. Not only had I bumped into a stranger and dropped everything in my arms, but the person who I bumped into was the boss’s son.

“What’s your name?” He asked me as he looked straight into my eyes.

“My name is Pa—“ I was suddenly cut off by a man who ran towards us screaming Yunho’s name.

“Yunho! Mr. Kim just called in and wants you on the phone immediately.” The man stopped right beside Yunho and took a couple breaths.

“Dad? Did he say what’s wrong?” Yunho asked with a worried expression.

“No, he just said he wants you on the phone right now.” The man replied. Yunho looked worried for a second before he turned to me.

“I’m sorry, but I have to go now. It was nice meeting you. I hope to see you around, good-bye.” He said to me before he turned and walked away with the man.

“Yeah… it was nice meeting you too…” I softly said as I eyed him disappearing down the hall.

------FLASHBACK ENDS------

After that incident, I could only watch him from afar. I never talked with him again because he would always be really busy whenever I did see him. I walked over to where he sat and was about to tap him on the shoulder when someone called my name.

“Jooli?” A familiar feminine voice called from behind me. I turned around to see one of the chefs.

“Jina!” I smiled happily at her. She pulled me over for a hug and I hugged her back. It’s been a year since I’ve seen her.

“When did you get back?” She asked me.

“Actually, I just got back about an hour ago.” I smiled.

“It’s great to have you back! I’ve missed you. Come on; let’s grab a coffee and talk.” She giggled as she pulled me away from Yunho. I looked back to see that he had pulled out his ear phones and was staring right at us. I quickly gave a little nod of my head as if to greet him. He smiled back and returned to his reading. ‘Does he remember me?’ I thought as Jina pulled me towards cafeteria. After we got our drinks, we took a seat on the couch. I looked back to see that Yunho had already got up and walked out of the room. A little part of me was disappointed.

“Hey Jooli, are you listening?” Jina waved her hand in front of my face to get my attention. I looked at her and nodded with a smile.

After the two of us caught up on our year, I told Jina that I had to go pick up my schedule. I told her I would see her the next day at the worker’s morning meeting. I got up from the couch and said headed out to the manager’s office to pick up my schedule.

I knocked on the door of the manager’s office. When I heard him say “Come in”, I opened the door and walked in.

“Ahh, Jooli, it’s nice to have you back. I’ve got your schedule all set. Just tell me if you have any problems and I’ll fix them up for you.” Mr. Smith said as he handed me my schedule.

“Thanks Mr. Smith. It’s good to be back.” I smiled as I looked over my schedule. As I thought, my shifts were mostly during the morning and part of the afternoon. I had two days off a week. It was a pretty good schedule.

“Have any questions about your shifts? If one of the workers suddenly calls in sick, we might need you to fill in.” He said with a pleading look.

“Yeah, no problem. This schedule is awesome. Thanks Mr. Smith.” I replied.

“That’s great to hear. Now, you should go spend your day out in the sun before you start working tomorrow.” He laughed as I said my good-bye and left the room.

I decided to hit the pool to swim a couple laps before dinner. I went back up to my room to put down my schedule and then changed into my blue and black two-piece bathing suit and put on a pair of white capris and a pastel blue t-shirt over the bathing suit. The sun was definitely started to warm up. Wearing a pair of jeans and sweater would be the wrong decision to make. I slipped on my flip-flops, grabbed a towel from the bathroom and was on my way down the hotel again.