Chapter 29 : Making things right

My (Creepy) Girl

After Dongwoon had finished helping his hyungs for the mission, he decided to walk for a while alone. He left his other hyungs watching a soccer game. He was walking slowly, not thinking where he would go. He just wanted to enjoy the cold blow of the wind. Then someone suddenly hit his thought, it was Hana. It’s been days since he saw her.

Maybe he could at least, pay her a visit.

He stood there in front of the door, thinking twice if she would like to see him. They were friends. They used to be friends. He has to make everything right; he has to make it up to her. He pressed the door bell button.  A woman at the age of forty’s opened the door.

“Good evening, ma’am.” Dongwoon greeted with a bow. “I’m Hana’s classmate. May I ask if she’s there?” Dongwoon asked politely.

“Oh, she’s here. Come in.” the woman smiled and motioned him to come in.

He took off his shoes before he went in. He looked around and saw picture frames where Hana was in it. She was originally cute back then. “You can sit down, I’ll call her first.” The woman rushed upstairs, she seemed to be in a hurry.

Then Hana went downstairs with a surprised expression. Dongwoon smiled at her as soon as he saw her. “Dongwoon, can you look after my daughter first while I wasn’t home?” the woman suddenly said as she picked up her bag.

“Uh, sure.” Dongwoon replied

“Mom! I can take care of myself!” Hana said shyly. “You’re asking him as if he was my boyfriend” she mumbled and Dongwoon probably heard it.

“Haha. I’ll be back before eleven, okay?” the woman smiled at him and then turned to Hana and kissed her cheek. “Bye…” then she went out of the door.

Dongwoon was left there sitting on the sofa and Hana closed the door. Then the atmosphere became silent. “Have you already eaten?” Hana asked as she the TV.

“Not yet. It was still early, though.” Dongwoon replied

“I guess I’m just going to eat noodles tonight… Are you okay with it?”

“You’re just going to eat noodles? How can you survive with that? Now I know why you are so thin.” Dongwoon joked

“Hey, I’m not thin! You know what y means?”

“No, it’s not probably you.” Dongwoon chuckled.

“Err…” Hana made an angry expression then threw a throw pillow on his face. Dongwoon laughed as he threw it back to her. But deep inside, they both felt like their old relationship is slowly coming back. It wasn’t that hard. They just have to forget about what happened. And if possible, she just have to forget about her feelings for him.

“Okay, just cook for the two of us.” Dongwoon said

“We don’t have anything in there. I’m not buying groceries yet. Plus, I don’t know how to cook.” Hana grinned

“How can you even be a girl? You don’t know how to cook!” Dongwoon teased again

“I know how to cook! But only rice… and egg! And also hotdog! And oh, noodles! Instant noodles! But Korean dishes… I don’t know…” Hana replied

“Well then, let’s just eat outside!” Dongwoon stood up and held Hana’s hands and pulled her with him.

“Hey, it was still early! And I’m going to watch something! I’ve been waiting for it!” Hana complained but it was too late.

 

***

 

“I told you I don’t want here! Look at the price! It’s so expensive!” Hana hissed as she pointed on the prices.

“Who told you you’re the one who will pay for it?” Dongwoon replied without looking at her.

“Really? You’ll pay for this? So I can order whatever I want?” she beamed at him

“Yeah, you batter take the opportunity, this is just once in a lifetime” Dongwoon smiled at her.

 

***

 

 

After they finished eating, they decided to walk for a while. Hana said it would be perfect if you’re really full so that you could easily digest what you ate.

“Thanks Dongwoon-ah” Hana suddenly said, breaking the silence between them.

“No problem.” Dongwoon smiled

“I wonder why you visited me…”

“I missed you…” Dongwoon said without thinking how this would make Hana flutter into happiness but she knew he treats her just as a friend.

“Hey look, ice cream!” Hana pointed on an ice cream stall.

“Wait, don’t tell me…” Dongwoon stopped.

“Come on, you said this was just once in a lifetime! Treat me again!” Hana pulled him with her.

It was only Hana who was eating ice cream because Dongwoon feels so full of what he ate on the restaurant and, he’s running out of money.

“Thanks again, Dongwoon” Hana beamed at him

“Aish, I thought you care a lot for your figure, I never thought you’re this…”

“This is just for today!” Hana hissed

 

Then it became silent again.

“Hana…” Dongwoon called out her name.

“Hmmm?” Hana faced him, and then Dongwoon saw the very corner of her lips with ice cream.

“You eat like a kid!” Dongwoon chuckled as he moved closer to her face trying to wipe the ice cream but then he realized Hana was staring at him. He felt awkward as he stopped for a while and stared back at her.

"Hana... Can we just... forget about everything that happened?" Dongwoon suddenly said. "I wanted to start over again... I wanted to make things right..." he continued

"Uhh.. S-sure.." she was left nothing to say.

Forgeting about everything that happened? Does that mean she has to forget her feelings for him? Is that what he mean?