Chapter 27

I'm IN LOVE WITH MY LEADER

Chapter 27

--Predebut Flashback--

Yixing could never understand why his friend put up with it. He was close to Luhan for a while and they seem to click and so they were each other confidante. Yixing had the normal trainee things to complain about: homesickness, being tired, practice. But Luhan had those and more! Luhan had...: Kris.

Yixing really like Kris it not hard to like and respect him. He even consider him a friend. But there one thing he never understood. How Luhan could put up with Kris. It was obvious from the beginning Luhan really realy like Kris. But what was also obvious was that Kris didn't feel the same way.

"Tonight he's seeing Zhoumi again... always Zhoumi. Whenever Mimi's in town he has to see Mimi," whined Luhan as the two of them sat in a cafe after practice.

"Well what do you expect," Yixing said. "Zhoumi is rarely free because he in China a lot for schedules. He should see his friend when he can."

Luhan just glared and began eating his food, "You know that isn't just it."

And Yixing knew. Because it obvious Kris really liked Zhoumi at one point, even though it just casual now. He even told Zhoumi but Zhoumi had turn Kris down and said they too busy to date. That Zhoumi has to worry about his reputation since so many people hating on him and henry all the time and then also that he has SJ-M schedules. Also because Kris just a trainee it best they don't really get a serious relationship. SO they just casual and do it when they meet up sometimes.

The only reason Yixing knew all that is because when Zhoumi turn Kris down Kris told Luhan because he was a bit sad about it. And Luhan suggest since Zhoumi don't want to date him that he and Kris should date but Kris just laughed in Luhan face and said Luhan so funny. He said that he appreciated Luhan trying to comfort him but that Zhoumi is right. They are all too busy to date and so Kris said he won't date anyone as long he an idol.

And then Luhan told Yixing because he tells Yixing everything.

And really every single thing! Like Luhan told him about when he and Kris would do it. He also told him about how Kris also sleep with a lot of other people in the company like Zhoumi, Krystal, Amber, Minseok, Chanyeol, Jino, and Jonghyun.

"I don't see why you even bother about it. And I don't knwo why you let yourself be used," Yixing sighed as he listened to Luhan whine about it.

"I am nost letting myself be used. Even though I say these things I still like being with him, you know. And besides I sleep around too so..." Luhan shrug.

"Why?"

"Why what?" Luhan asked, sipping his hot drink.

"Why do you sleep around?" Yixing asked.

"Because he does."

----

And so it continued like that for some time before Luhan ended up finding someone who successfully took his mind from Kris for good. It was Sehun and Yixing was happy for his friend and glad he finally getting out of the emotionally toiling cycle.

They were once hanging with a bunch of trainees though when things got so awkward. Sehun and Luhan were sitting on the couch and Luhan had his arm around the younger one when a kind of drunk Jongin commented, "Hey I thought Luhan hyung was dating Wufan!"

"No, they were just ing," joked Baekhyun.

Joonmyun laughed hard and Chanyeol said, "Who isn't?" Making Joonmyun laugh even harder. Except Xiumin who just looked a little bit uncomfrotable.

"Cut it out," Luhan said. He then looked at Sehun, "Don't listen to them."

"I'm not," Sehun chuckled.

----

Soon after that Luhan ended up telling Yixing that he and Sehun were dating. Yixing was so happy for his friend. Finally he could leave things behind. Of course he was still friends with Kris and they all were but as far as approving Kris for Luhan, Yixing could never do that.


--END PREDEBUT FLASHBACK--

--LAY POV--

I am about to start making dinner when I hear someone going out the front door. I don't think anything of it. Then Luhan come in a few minute later and grab a chocopie to eat.

"Don't eat that. It's mine!" I complain from where I stand cutting a tomato.

"Too late," Luhan chuckle and stick te entire pie in his mouth.

I shake my head. I will get my revenge later but for now I just focus on cutting the tomato. Finally Luhan go to the fridge and get a drink and then lean on the counter to watch me.

"What you making?" he ask.

"Food," I say.

"Tell me."

"No."

"Tell me."

"No..." I hesistate then say, "Unless you want to help me."

"No way!" he say. "I got other things to do."

"Like what?" I ask.

"Uh... whatever I'll help anyway because i'm nice!" Luhan tell me.

He wash his hands and then we start chopping up vegetables together. We working together in silence. It comfortable and fine because we're close so I don't feel bad being silent with him. As we working I think of the things that happened since yesterday.

Yesterday, the impossible happened: Kris got a boyfriend! And to make it even crazier, it's our maknae tao! I never even knew he liked Tao. Sure he seemed to favor him sometimes, and Tao obviously kind of was obsessed with him and really admire dhim, but I didn't think it was like that. But apparently I was wrong.

I joked and made fun of it but really I don't know how I feel. I like Kris and Tao and wish them the best but knwoing about Kris past make it seem weird to me. Especially since I am sure Tao doesn't know about it. We made sure to keep the maknae line out of all the drama when we were trainees. Tao and Jongin don't really know about the drama that went down. Even Sehun didn't know everything even though he is dating Luhan.

I decided to ask Luhan what he think.

"Say, what you think about Kris dating Tao?" I ask.

"I think it's great," smiles Luhan. And I can see that he really means it.

"Really?" I ask. "How can you be so happy about it?"

"What you mean?" ask Luhan, stopping mid cut and looking at me confused. "I'm happy when all my friends are happy."

"Hmmm... but not everyone is happy," I note. "Tao and Xiumin got into an arguement today. You saw it. Tao was really upset. I think Xiumin doesn't want them together for whatever reason... You know how important Tao is to Xiumin. He relly wants to protect him."

"Tao and Xiumin can work it out. And Tao doesn't need to be protected... atleast not from Kris, Xiumin will realize that," Luhan said simply.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because I know Kris. And I know that he's serious about Tao. How? Well simple, the old Kris wouldn't come out the the entire group that they're together. The old Kris would just try to get in Tao's pants without the relationship. But Tao is important enough to Kris that he went ahead and tried to do a proper relatonship even though he's scared to death of being in one. So, no I am not worried for Tao. You remember that night when Kris came knocking on our door in the middle of the night?"

I nod and Luhan continued talking.

"Well, he knocked on the door all frantic-like and when I went out to talk to him, you know what he said?"

I ask, "What?"

"He said, 'Is this how you feel about Sehun?' And he sounded so scared. It's real. He just doesn't know how to express it."

"What exactly is he so afraid of?" I ask, kind of annoyed.

"I don't know... I think t just complicated. He never really dated after coming to Korea because we been so busy. Maybe he scared to get in to dating and not focusing on his work? Maybe he just didn't want things to change?" Luhan shrugged. "But I think if you care about someone it can be balanced."

"Maybe..." I said, a bit scepticle. "But I think Tao has the right to know about the type of person Kris was."

"Why? The past is the past," Luhan said.

"Maybe but... Sehun knows that you and Kris used to mess around, right? You came clean to Sehun about your past and I think it's only fair that Kris does too."

"How do you know if he hasn't? It's none of our business," countered Luhan.

"I have the feeling the kid knows nothing. He still walking around like Kris don't stink and it's an honor to even be with him. In the van this morning I asked him, I said, 'Even after all you know about him you still like him?' and he didn't know what I was talking about. Don't look at me llike that you know it's true. And personally I wouldn't give a if Kris decided to hook up with Minseok hyung or even Jongdae, but he choose the baby Tao and I think it's perfectly normal for me to worry about him if he's getting into a relationship with someone as dangerous as Kris is."

Luhan looked at me like he not impressed, "There is nothing dangerous about Kris."

"Really? Nothing? You can really honestly tell me that if Kris is just playing around with Tao's feelngs as usual for a that it wouldn't be damaging to someone as fragile as we both know Tao to be."

Luhans grip on the knfe tighetned and I knew then that I spoke too harshly about our leader.

"You... you don't understand," Luhan said, lookng at me.

"You're right I don't," I reply.

"Please..., don't tell him. I don't want them to break up. Not like that..." there was a tiny plea in Luhan's voice.

"But Tao..." I began but Luhan cut me off.

"I just want... I want Kris to know how great it is to love and be loved back..."
------

After Luhan and I finish cooking I went around to get the other memebrs. Chen and Xiumin were in TaoMin's room studying chinese together. It was really cute seeing them reading aloud the conversation in the text book together.

"Hey dinner is ready," I said, smiling.

They looked up at me and said ok.

"Hey did you see Tao and Kris? I cna't find them," I asked.

I noticed Xiumin kind of look away when I mentioned them. I guess he is really worried for the maknae too then.

"I havent seen them," Chen replied.

"OK thanks. Well let's eat without them then!" I said.

And we go to the living room to eat. Of course I text Tao too to make sure he ok. And I found out he on a date with Kris... well I guess that counts as them beng ok!

---
After dinner I force Chen and Xiumin to do dishes because Luhan and I cooked. In the mean time Luhan and I went into the living room and watch TV to relax. It our day off after all. After all that we end up doing our different things around the place. It was kind of quiet I guess because we all kind of tired from scheudles and things. We not so used to idol life yet after all.

It at that time I go into Tao and Xiumin room to talk to Xiumin. Luhan may not be against Kris and Tao together but I still curious and I decide to see what TaoMin argued about today.

"Hello? Minseok hyung?" I said, opening the door to the room and peaking my head in.

Xiumin was on his laptop on the bed and listening to headphones and he was already dress in his pajamas but he took his headphones off when he saw me.

"Oh hey Yixing, what's up?" he asked.

"Are you busy I kind of want to talk," I said.

"No I'm not busy. I just checking my email. What is it?"

I enter the room and close the door behind me and then I sit on his bed.

"Are you ok?" I ask, not sure how to start the conversation.

"I'm ok, why?" he ask.

"Because... you and your room mate fought."

And I see his face expression kind of change but I can't read it.

"I only worried. It seemed petty bad because he crying so hard," I press.

He sighed and look away, "It doesn't matter because Kris came and comfort him."

"And what about you? Are you ok now?" I ask.

He sigh again and that all the answer I need. I know he not ok. But now it just kind of awkward I don't know where to go with the conversation from here. SO then I ask, "What you fighting about? Was it about Kris?"

Xiumin kind of tense but he just say, "Why you think that?"

"I don't know," I reply truthfully. "But you and Tao seem really close and on good terms epecially lately. You two become really close. But then suddeny Kris and Tao they say their dating then we come here and you two get in a huge fight.... I not saying the fight have to be about Kris but it just a guess. I mean, I can see how you wouldn't exactly agree with Kris for Tao... not saying you don't... but if you did--"

I'm rambling and rambling but I don't stop because he won't talk!

"But if you didn't like him with Kris I can undestand because Tao the youngest among us and we all know Kris not really a relationship person."
I finally stop talking and then Xiumin shift in the bed and look at me, I can see there is something be he about to say but I don't know what. I just sit and wait for him to talk.

"Tao..." he began.

"Yeah?" I say. "What about him."

"Tao and I... we... were in a relationship."

WOAH! I was not expecting that!!!

"Tao and I been dating for a little bit and then suddenly yesterday Tao comeback from going to the bathroom and Kris say they dating. We come back here and that's why we fighting..."

"Hyung I..." I begin. "I... don't understand. So you mean Tao got with Kris without breaking up with you first?"

Xiummin nod and I feel so bad for him. I really don't know what to say. Should I say sorry? Should I be sad? I should I try to comfort him? Should I be angry for him?

"And Kris... he knew?" I ask.

"Apparently he knew Tao had a boyfriend but just not who," Xiumni explained.

"Wow I can't believe they did that to you... I'm so sorry," I cringe as the words leaving my mouth. It don't seem like the right thing to say.

"It my fault. I knew he already liked Kris but I tried to make him fall for me anyway," Xiumin sigh.

"You can't blame yourself for that!" I say. "Besides, Tao still you tehre still many things he don't know about."

"In the end, is he really that much younger than us? We just treat him like that because he maknae," Xiumin retort.

I chucckle because that is kind of true but then I say, "Maybe but... are you really mad at him?"

"I don't know," say Xiumin. "Right now I just feel kind of disappointed it turn out like this but he wasn't mine to begin with."

I frown, THAT SO DEPRESSING! I just wnat to shake him. How he going to gain anyting if he thkning like that? I want to smack him to snap out of it but honestly I don't know if I should intervene.

"Of course he isn't yours to begin with," I say. "But he isn't Kris' either! Ther eis still time. Kris took him from you so two can play that game!" I say.

Xiumin just look at me like I crazy and I laugh, "Sorry. I at advice." I apologize.

"It ok," he say.

"Anyway you going to still sharing room with him right?" I ask. "So you can steal him back!"

Ok, I really at giving advices! And I can tell by the weird look Xiumin giving me he think so too.

"Anyway, thanks for listening to me. And sorry fo fighting and getting you all worried for nothing. Our problem reall so stupid especially since we just debut we should be focus on different things," Xiumin said.

....

After the conversation with Xiumin I leave the room more confused.

I go into the living room and then just then Kris and Tao returning home.

"Hey," I say, and wave.

"Hey," they said and taking off their shoes.

"Manager I'm home," Kris yell and go towar dthe manager room.

Manager say "About time!" And then they both end up leaving together to do work and Tao is in the living room and turn on the tv and I sit beside him.

I don't know what should I do? I feel like I really should just mind my busness and not bother with Tao, Kris or Xiumin business anymore. Maybe Luhan is right and I should leave it alone.

-to be continued...-

AN- sorry that queston last chapter was jsut a questiona sking if u want taoris ? hehe not that it was coming up. sorry to get the hopes up!  i already had this Lay POV chapter planned. Anyway do you trust Kris like Luhan or are you scepticle like Lay?