Best Morning Ever

Rivalry 101

***back to Yuri's POV***

 

~ 6:15 PM

 

We arrived at the dorm late. It was very dark inside. As agreed, they've started the movie without us since we were late.

 

"Annyong unnie! We're back." I greeted.

"Ssssh! Be quiet, just go sit anywhere and watch." Sunny told us.

 

There was only one couch left to sit in. It wasn't a good spot for watching. It was behind two couches in front of the TV and it was the smallest in size. We didn't have a choice so we just sat there together, there was barely any space in between us since it wasn't that big, just enough for the both of us to feel comfortable. I realized we were watching a suspense film about people swimming in the ocean and gets stranded there as they struggle to survive against sea creatures until the rescue comes for them.

 

We've been sitting here for more than half an hour now. I haven't heard anyone utter a word since we started watching. I wondered if they were asleep so I tried to look at them one by one. It was hard to see their faces since it was too dark. The only light inside was the light coming from the TV. As I looked at them, I can see that they're all awake except for Tiffany who was sleeping with her head on Taeyeon's shoulder. They looked so cute together. And then I glanced at Yoona and was surprised to see her sleeping too.

 

She looked even more angelic to me. She was sleeping with a smile on her face. She must be dreaming, I told myself. I realized how beautiful her skin was and how her cheeks were naturally rosy. How can she be so pretty even when she's sleeping? Instead of watching the movie, I found myself watching her sleep instead. It seemed more interesting for me. I heard everyone scream because of the movie but that didn't make me look away from Yoona's pretty face. Her eyes opened in shock and she caught me staring at her. I had to look away. Why in the world was I staring? I asked myself as I heard everyone laughing for screaming altogether. I looked back at the screen.

 

"If you're sleepy, you can go into one of the rooms and sleep for a while." I whispered to Yoona.

"Aniyo unnie. I'm okay" she whispered back. Her tone seemed like she was only half awake which made me look at her. Her eyes were half opened.

"Are you sure?" I asked her in a low voice.

"Ne unnie. I just feel so tired." she told me.

"Then you should rest. Let's go, I'll take you to my room if you want. I can let you sleep there for now since there will probably be more screaming here later." I suggested.

She yawned. "I'm okay. I'm sorry unnie, my eyes just feel so heavy and tired."

"Well then atleast just lay your head here so you can rest better" I told her as I pointed at my shoulder.

 

She looked at me for a while and then moved to place her head in my shoulder. There goes the crazy beating of my heart again. It felt good to have her rest on my shoulder. Too good that even all my worries are washed out of my mind. I wish we could stay like this longer. My heart and my mind feel so peaceful with Yoona here with me. In just a few minutes, Yoona fell asleep. I know this because her breathing became very deep and I can feel weight in my shoulder now.

 

"Unnie, can we watch a different movie?" I asked them.

"Why? What's wrong with this movie?" Sooyoung asked.

"It's really good but Yoona is sleeping, she was feeling really tired today. I don't want her to wake up when you all scream." I answered.

"That's right. Tiffany is sleeping too." Taeyeon agreed.

"Really? Okay then, I guess we can just watch it next time." Jessica said after looking at Tiffany.

"I'm sorry unnies" I apologized for disturbing them.

"Aniyo. We understand Yul. We would've done the same if we saw anyone beside us sleeping." Hyoyeon told me.

"Kamsahamnida unnie" I replied.

 

And so they changed the movie into a romantic movie. As we were watching, a thought suddenly bothered me. Why do I care so much about Yoona today? Why does it matter to me if she rests well or not? I asked myself. Could it be that I..... Is it because, to me, Yoona is..... I shaked my head to try to get rid of my silly thoughts and focused on the movie we were watching.

 

 

 

~ Monday 3:00 AM

 

I woke up with the sound of the alarm on my phone inside my pocket. When I was about to reach for it, I was surprised to see Yoona sleeping beside me with her head resting on my left arm which was bent on her back as if I was hugging her, while facing me with her left arm wrapped around my waist. I fell asleep with her in this little couch. I quickly but gently reached for my pocket with my free hand to pull my phone and turned the alarm off. I was still in a state of shock. How did we get in this position? I can't even move my left arm since her head was resting on it and I can't move her hand from my waist because it will surely wake her up. What should I do?

 

I knew I won't be able to get up without having to wake her first, which I didn't want to happen, and so I just thought about not going out to jog today. And to be completely honest, Lying in this couch with her like this felt really good. It felt so warm. My heart was beating fast again but it makes me smile. Nothing else is running in my mind right now, except that I'm happy and I actually like this feeling. This is like the best morning in my life so far. I took my phone again and set the alarm on 5:00 AM so I can wake them up later to get ready for school. And then, I wrapped my other arm around her and closed my eyes. She wouldn't know I did this intentionally anyway, I told myself and smiled.

 

 

 

 

_______________________________

sorry for the late update guys, school kept me busy. i'll be working on the next chapter now. again, i'm so sorry.