Defeat

Rivalry 101

 

~ Tuesday, 5:00 AM

 

I already got home after jogging earlier. I woke my members up and went straight to the bathroom to shower. Today's the showcase, an important event that might help me with my career. There will be reporters and media people in the audience today. It's time to get the spotlight and shine. I got excited and then nervous. I hope we all do well. After showering, I prepared everything that I needed to bring for the performance today. Then, I ate breakfast with my members. We were quiet. It was too obvious that we're all nervous. After eating, we headed to school to practice for the last time.

 

~ 10:00 AM -- Showcase Starts

 

We were all backstage preparing. My team gathered as we all prayed for the success of our performance. The singing team were called on stage. I started feeling more nervous now because we were the next to perform. I can hear the crowd cheering as the singing showed their beautiful and powerful voices. They were really impressive. The performance of the team lasted for 15 mins. Ours would be 10 mins. Taeyeon-unnie, in my opinion, had the best voice. She was totally impressive. My team prepared to get on stage since we were about to start. I closed my eyes to encourage myself and then I felt someone tap my back.

 

 

"Yuri-unnie.. You look so beautiful. Go and show them what you got. Fighting!" Yoona encouraged as she gave me a hug before leaving. She looked stunning in her costume with a make-up.

 

And then we were called on stage and started dancing. I did my very best in this performance. I enjoyed every bit of the dance. I moved my body with the beat and felt the music. I knew I did well. The crowd was cheering on us and I can hear them call on my name. It felt so good to impress these people. That's right Yuri, you're doing good. You're only a few more steps to victory. I told myself. I kept the smile on my face to show the media people my confidence. Finally, our performance ended and people we're cheering loudly as they clapped. I can still hear the crowd saying "Kwon Yuri!" and "Yuri Jjang!". I was very happy and satisfied with our performance.

 

We walked to the backstage again and people congratulated us. I saw Yoona getting ready to go up. I walked towards her.

 

"Yoona-yah! Fighting!" I encouraged her with a smile. She smiled back and replied "Kamsahamnida unnie. You did really well" and then their team was called. They got on stage and started with their performance. I went to the side of the stage to watch.

 

Their performance started with Yoona singing a few lines alone without the music. Her voice sounded good. And then the beat of the music started as they sang and danced. The crowd went wild. They were all suddenly screaming with amazement and their cheers got louder as the team performed. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, Yoona was too.... good. Then people started chanting "Yoona Jjang!". They kept on cheering her. Oh. My. God.

 

Their performance finally ended. I was still shocked about the amazing performance of the singing & dancing team. I messed up in picking a team! I yelled at myself. As the singing & dancing team reached backstage again, everyone was congratulating them... especially Yoona. I was suddenly left behind unnoticed. She was smiling at everyone and thanking them for congratulating her but her eyes were wandering around, as if she was looking for someone to come. She finally met my stare and then smiled. She started walking towards me but I looked away and walked towards Jessica-unnie and Seohyun. They smiled at me and congratulated me, I smiled back and thanked them.
 
I knew I can't stand seeing Yoona yet because as far as I know, she just erased my performance on the minds of these people. We were all called on stage for the last part of the showcase where we will end it by bowing on stage to give thanks for the support of the crowd. I wore a smile again and bowed at the crowd with all the other participants. The crowd was again cheering different names. I could hear my name being called out but Yoona's name was the loudest I could hear. Did I just lose to her?
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________
not every chapter is a happy one. lol. here's chapter 12 for you guys. enjoy! :))) i'll start with yoong's pov now.