Why?

Rivalry 101
 

 

Yoona's POV

 

 

~ Tuesday, 6:15 AM

 

Taeyeon-unnie, Seohyun and I are on our way to school now. Taeyeon-unnie told us that we're meeting our new friends early today that's why she asked us to get ready earlier than usual. Does our "new friends" include Yuri? If so, then that means I'll be with her again today. The thought made me smile. I guess today's a lucky day then.

 

"Alright we're here.." Taeyeon said as the van is about to stop.

"Looks like they got here earlier" I told them as Seohyun opened the door.

 

We stepped out immediately and waved to greet them. Everyone was smiling widely... except Yuri and Jessica-unnie. They were saying something to each other as we walked. Yuri nodded to Jessica and then started walking alone. As I was about to approach her to walk with her, Sooyoung suddenly started walking with me together with Jessica. To my surprise, Seohyun caught up with Yuri and they were suddenly talking. Great, I told myself sarcastically.

 

Walking along with Sooyoung and Jessica-unnies was fun. They were really funny. I kept laughing at their jokes but weirdly, I can't seem to stop myself from catching a glimpse of Yuri as she was happily talking to Seohyun. Why wasn't she smiling like that earlier when I was talking to her at the coffee shop? Then a thought came into my mind. Could it be that she likes Seohyun? I asked myself as I felt my heart beat a different rhythm.

 

When we reached the classroom, our classmates were staring with a surprised expression. It seemed like they were surprised by how we managed to be friends with this group quickly. The instructor came in and started her lecture. After a few notes, she then announced an activity for the class.

 

"Listen up class, in exactly a week from today, you will be participating in a showcase. You will be given this whole week to prepare for it. You can either group yourselves or perform individually, it's up to you. You can give me the list of participants 2 days before the show. I will now be dismissing you so you can start preparing." The instructor announced and then left the room.

 

"What do you guys think? Should we just stick to our teams for this performance? Or should we make something new?" one of our classmates asked excitedly.

"I'd go for something new!" Sooyoung voted cheerfully. Yuri and the rest of the group looked at her with eyes that seemed to be questioning. "What? Guys we're always together. Don't you want to try something new? It's only for the showcase. Besides, we have new classmates who doesn't have a team yet."

"She's right. I agree with her" Hyoyeon said.

"Me too!" Sunny added.

"Okay, count me in." Tiffany agreed.

 

Everyone else agreed. Yuri and Jessica-unnies didn't seem to agree though. I honestly thought Sooyoung's idea wasn't bad at all. 

 

"Well then, if we're doing this 'something new' that you all want, then what's the plan?" Jessica asked with a cold expression.

 

Everyone was silent for a while. And then an idea came into my mind.

 

"How about dividing the class into the singing and dancing team?" I suggested with a smile.

"That's a good idea!" the others approved.

"Yeah! Good idea Yoong." Taeyeon told me, patting my back.

 

Everyone seemed to like my idea.

 

"That's a great idea but don't you think singing WHILE dancing is more interesting?" Yuri suddenly asked.

 

She was right... I guess. But I was thinking that maybe some of this people wanted to sing or dance only. Oh, maybe she wanted to sing and dance at the same time.

 

"Oh. That's right." I answered. "Then what about dividing into three teams? Singing team, dancing team and singing & dancing team. We can all just choose in which performance we think we'll enjoy doing."

 

And then, everyone agreed again. Everyone was smiling at me again saying "Good thinking", "Great idea" and "You're good at this". As I passed a glimpse towards Yuri, she was looking at me. I can't tell what her expression was saying. It was just cold, just like the first time I saw her.

 

Just then, we started choosing our teams. Or atleast they did. They actually made me choose singing & dancing team. On the brighter side though, atleast I know Yuri will be joining our team so I guess it's not so bad being forced here.

 

Taeyeon, Tiffany and Jessica and Seohyun - Singing team

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung - Dancing team

Sunny and Me - Singing & Dancing team

 

Yuri was next to choose which team she wants to join. Everyone was also telling her to join our team. And then, she finally spoke.

 

"I'll pass for now. Maybe I can have fun in the dancing team" She told us.

 

Unbelievable, I thought as I stared at her with disbelief. She just told me how singing while dancing was more interesting and then she chose the dancing team? I know it's not right to feel this since I was the one who told them that they can choose whatever team they think they would enjoy but I couldn't help it, I was really disappointed. I guess it was pretty obvious that she was just trying to avoid me, but why?

 

 

 

______________________

hey guys, i'm now working on the next chapter. :))