Promise

Rivalry 101

 

NORMAL POV

 

When they got home from their date at the park, they ate dinner with some of the members who were at the dorm and headed to their bedroom. Everyone was too tired to talk so they suggested to turn in for the day already. After washing up, they both threw their bodies on Yoona's bed.

 

"Yoong.. Turn off the lights." Yuri told the younger girl.

"I'm too lazy to get up.."

"Me too.."

"Then shall we sleep with the lights on?"

"Sure.."

"Ahhh.. Yul.. You know it's hard to sleep deeply when the lights are on."

"I'm too tired.."

"Ah.. Fine. Lazy bones.." Yoona surrendered as she stood up and turned the lights off. She then went back to bed beside Yuri.

"Yoong..."

"Ne Yul?"

"69 more days... You know what that is right?"

"69 days..? For what?"

"Seriously?" Yuri asked in disbelief.

"Why? What's up after 69 days?"

"Nothing. Forget it." Yuri said, disappointed.

"Are you mad?" Yoona asked, poking the other girl's shoulder. She didn't get an answer. "I'm just kidding.. How can I forget a special day with you? Of course I know what that is.. I'm doing a countdown too you know."

"Really?" Yuri answered.

"Yes. So let's make a deal."

"What deal?"

"Cancel any appointments on that day. That whole day should only be about us."

"You mean cancel all appointments on that day? Like.. EVERYTHING?"

"Yes, everything.  No exceptions in the whole 24 hours. No matter how important our appointment would be, except of course if it involves a life and death situation."

"Really? I mean, you would do that? You CAN do that?"

"You're all that matters to me. Of course I can and I would. Why? Can't you?"

"Of course I'd do that for you. It's a deal then."

"Good." Yoona replied, smiling widely.

"Uhm.. Yoong..."

"Mm?"

"I'm cold..."

 

Without a word, she turned to face Yuri and hugged her tightly, keeping her warm.

 

"Komawo.." Yuri said.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"And I love you more."

"No, I love you more than you do."

"Don't start with me Kwon.."

"What makes you think I'm scared of you Im?"

"You never want to lose, huh?"

"Of course.. I was born to win."

"Not with me.."

"Oh yeah? What makes you think you're an exception?"

"Well.. You lost your heart to me."

"That's true... But you lost yours to me too, remember?" she asked the younger girl. Yoona didn't answer. "Yoong?" she called but still, no reply. Just then, she heard the other girl's deep breathing and realized that she has fallen asleep already. "Saranghae Im Yoona.. Nothing's ever gonna change that." she whispered to the sleeping girl and kissed her forehead.

 

 

*2 months later...*

 

YURI'S POV

 

Our schedules got busier. I only have two days off every week now since I started hosting Music Bank with Tiffany-unnie and Jessica-unnie two weeks ago. I only have Wednesdays and Thursdays to rest. Worst part is.. Yoona got even busier. She was casted on a drama last month and I only have Thursdays to be with her for a whole day. Even though we see each other every Saturday night on a music program, it's not enough because we only perform together on stage and get a little time to talk backstage. We barely see each other at the dorm since our schedules never meet. There are those nights that I try to stay up and wait for her to get home but it gets too late that I have no other choice but to sleep already so I can be well the next day and by the time I wake up in the morning, she's sleeping soundly because she was so tired from work that I didn't want to wake her up anymore. Seriously, our schedule is killing me. All I can do is text her and wait for her reply which takes a lot of my patience. Sometimes I flood her inbox, like literally flooding it with messages and takes more than an hour to get a single reply. I tried calling her but she rarely picks up.

 

 

To: Yoona

What time will you be home tonight? I miss you so much.. 

I'm dying... I want NEED to see you so bad.. T__T

 

 

I texted her. I am seriously dying already. I haven't even seen her for two weeks straight now, except for those days that we go on music programs or film CFs but then again, it's not like we can do anything we want during those days. I'm so happy about how our careers have been so successful, truly a dream come true but somehow, I kind of wished we were back to being normal people and do whatever we want wherever and whenever without worrying so much about other people and our image.

 

 

From: Yoona

I'll be home really late again. Don't wait for me, you need rest. I'll be there when you wake up tomorrow since I have no extra schedules. I'm pretty sure you're not going anywhere tomorrow, right?

I miss you too..

 

 

Instead of replying, I decided to call her. After a few rings, she picked up.

 

"Yobosaeyo?" she answered with a noisy background.

"Yoona-yah..." I called her.

"Oh.. Yuri-yah.."

"Have you been well? Did you eat lunch?"

"Ne.. Where are you?"

"I'm at the dorm. Why?"

"Nothing.. Just asking. I miss you."

"I miss you too.. Don't push yourself too hard, okay?"

"Ne.. Oh, Yul.. I have to go soon, we're gonna start filming again."

"Okay.. Call or text me when you're free. I love you.."

"Alright.. See you soon." and then she hung up.

 

Sometimes, she's really cold to me and she doesn't notice it. I do my best to understand her of course, she's always too busy and I bet she tries hard not to look tired when we meet. There are those times when I start doubting if she still loves me but when I do, she suddenly gives me more reasons to trust her and hold on to what we both have. I guess this is how relationships normally are. You can't always experience good times but when you do, you experience it big time.

 

8 more days and it's the big day that we've both been waiting patiently for. Just thinking about it, makes me so excited already. A few weeks ago, we agreed that I'll be the one to prepare everything, even though she desperately wanted to do all the preparations, I insisted to take care of it since she's a lot busier than me. She promised to give me the best present in my entire life though. And that makes me even more excited. I hope 8 days come fast because I can't wait to be with her in our very special day. I kept thinking about that exciting day untill my eyes slowly betrayed me and started closing until finally, I was asleep.

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________

hey everyone. sorry for not updating quickly. i hope you like this one though. thank you! ^___^