Shining Career

Rivalry 101

 

~ Wednesday, 1:00 PM

 

YURI'S POV

 

I'm now on my way back to the dorm after finishing my scheduled program. It has been three long weeks after our successful debut. We have been really busy since then, plus our debut song "Gee" has been number one on the charts until now. We've been guesting on various TV shows recently and we participate regularly on music programs. We do a lot of photoshoots and film CFs as a group which has become such a huge advertisement for products. We've also recorded different songs, which were also big hits but not as big as Gee which is still receiving more love until now. Our rise to fame isn't a joke. We've been one of the most searched artists and became mostly everyone's favorite.

 

Even though we're a team, we've all had our individual schedules. Taeyeon-unnie and Sooyoung are DJ-ing a radio show called 'Chin Chin Radio'. Hyoyeon-unnie became a part of a dance competition called 'Dancing with the Stars'. Seohyun was called for a reality show called 'We Got Married' where she's virtually married to another idol. Jessica and Tiffany-unnies are hosting the music program, Music Bank every week. Sunny and I became a part of a reality/variety show called 'Invincible Youth' where we do farm work. And finally, Yoona, who has been the busiest is filming multiple CFs and going on photoshoots and then films a reality/variety show called 'Family Outing'.

 

Even though we've all been so busy lately, we still find time to go out together and have fun. We still go out to see a movie together and eat late-night snacks when our schedules match. As for me and Yoona, we're still together, still so in love and today's actually our 31st day together. 69 more days before our most awaited 100th day anniversary. Unfortunately, we don't get to spend so much time alone anymore unlike before. Luckily, our days off from work match. We have Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays to be together, except when we get additional schedules like guestings and stuff on these days which only happens rarely.

 

_____

 

I was about to fall asleep when my phone beeped.

 

From: Yoona

Are you on your way? Taeyeon-unnie, Sooyoung and Seohyun just left for their schedules. I'm all alone again. :( I miss you

 

Her text message made me smile. Most of the time, it's me waiting for her since she's always busier. I immediately replied.

 

To: Yoona

Awe.. Don't be sad. I'm almost there. I miss you too

 

____

From: Yoona

Great. Have you eaten lunch? Shall I make you something to eat?

 

____

To: Yoona

Not yet. Please do.. I'm starving.

 

___

From: Yoona

Alright then, get here quickly

 

I decided not to reply anymore since I was gonna see her soon anyway. I felt excited because I haven't seen her since Saturday on a music program that we had to attend to. She got so many schedules this week that we barely even had time to talk. Finally, the car parked and I excitedly got off and walked as quickly as I could towards the door. When I opened it, I headed straight to the kitchen and found my love cooking. I walked silently towards her so she wouldn't notice me and wrapped my arms around her waist, backhugging her.

 

"Hey stranger.." I whispered in her ear. She turned to face me and gave me a quick kiss.

"Hey.." she replied, smiling.

"Smells good.."

"Of course.. Please grab a seat and wait for your lunch."

"I was talking about you. You smell good."

"Shut up!"

"What? You really smell good."

She turned the stove off and placed the food on a plate, then sat in front of me. "I know what you're trying to do.. Now, go eat."

"Oh really? Then what was I trying to do?" I grinned at her.

"C'mon Yul, shut up and eat."

 

I didn't move and just stared at her.

 

"Don't look at me like that Yul.. It's not gonna happen." she said. And I just pouted. "Please, just eat your lunch." I continued pouting.. "Please?" she said again. And then there was nothing else I can do. I just nodded and ate the food that she prepared for me.

 

 

YOONA'S POV

 

I know how tired Yuri must have been today since she got up at 4 in the morning and went on her schedule. Of course I know what she's trying to do and the heaven knows how much I want her right now but I know she needs rest and so I'll let her relax while spending the day with me. 'That thing' that she wants will make her even more tired and I don't want that so, I can't give her what she wants just this time. As soon as she finished eating, I took her plate and washed the dishes.

 

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I asked her.

"It's up to you." she said coldly. I ignored her.

"Okay then, please just choose whatever film you'd like to watch and I'll be there in a sec." I told her. She did as I told her.

 

After washing the dishes and cleaning up in the kitchen, I sat on the couch with her and wrapped my arounds her. Without even looking at me, she hugged back and leaned closer, resting her head on my shoulder.

 

"How was filming?" I asked her.

"It's okay.." she answered, still being cold.

"Did you have fun?"

"Yeah.."

"Are you feeling tired?"

"A little.."

"Really Yul? You're gonna be like this to me all day?" I snapped.

"What?"

"We haven't seen each other since Saturday and you're gonna act cold to me today?"

 

She didn't say anything. She's being childish again. She's acting cold because she didn't get what she wanted and she's trying to make me feel guilty about it. I just stopped talking and loosened my arms around her a little. I knew she felt it and then she exhaled deeply.

 

"Okay.. I'm sorry.. Please don't get mad. I just... missed you." she finally spoke.

"I'm not mad.." I replied.

"Upset?" she asked.

"Aniyo.."

"Didn't you miss me?" she pouted.

"Of course I did. I haven't seen you for days and I barely had time to check on my phone to read your texts or answer your calls. How can I not miss you?" I told her. She blushed like a little girl which made me laugh. She suddenly sat straight and faced me, smiling like an idea popped in her mind.

"Yoong! Do you want to go out?"

"Where? You know we can't just go out in public."

"Let's go to a theme park!"

"That's ridiculous. That's a crowded place. Everyone will go crazy on us."

"We can be in disguise.." she smiled. I honestly like her idea but then again, the thought that she needs some rest popped in.

"Aren't you tired at all? You need rest. We'll be busy again in the coming days, don't you want to use all the free time to rest home and relax?"

"Stop being such a fun-er Yoong. I know you want to go, so let's go!" Again, I said no.. "Look, I know you're thinking about me but you have to trust me, I'm okay. I don't feel even a bit tired." I still kept refusing her. "Fine. I guess I should just invite someone else." she said, taking her phone out.

"Really now? As if you can have as much fun with someone else than with me.." I joked.

"Oh yeah? Watch me." she said, her voice challenging now as she began dialing on her phone.

 

"Oh Hyuna-yah.. It's me, Yuri." she said. I flinched upon hearing the name. Hyuna and Hara have been so close to her recently since they started filming 'Invincible Youth' together. "Ne.... Are you busy?...... Really? Then do you w.." then, I pulled the phone from her and hanged up. She just stared at me in shock. I looked away.

"Well? Are we still going?" I finally asked. She smiled widely. I had to smile back.

"Im Yoona, you are so unpredictable.. but I love it." she smiled again.

 

 

 

 

______________________________

*for those who do not know, in Korea, lovers don't celebrate their relationship every month, they celebrate every 100 days. :)

 

okay, so here you go. i'm so sorry for not updating yesterday, i had to go somewhere and do something important. i hope you like this update though. ^___^ oh yeah, before I forget, I'm seriously ending this story soon because I think some of my readers are getting bored already, i barely see comments anymore :( so in advance, thank you so much for taking time to read my fic. you're all the best! i'll think about writing a new fic, i might or i might not. we'll see how things go.

 

p.s._don't wory though, there might be 4-8 chapters more before I end it. for now, i hope you enjoy my fic. thanks and God bless. :)