Mood Swings

Rivalry 101

 

YOONA'S POV

 

~ Tuesday, 6:30 AM

 

We were at school early since we had to practice for the last time. I've been so nervous since last night. The thought of seeing media people to be watching us on the showcase later makes me even more nervous. I hope I don't mess up. And then I suddenly remembered that I'll be seeing Yuri-unnie perform later. I bet she'll be beautiful. Imagining her on stage makes me excited. I look forward to seeing her already. We kept practicing and then we stopped to take a 15-minute break. I tried to see Yuri-unnie but I couldn't find their team anywhere. I frowned. I really wanted to see her. I went back to our room and grabbed my water bottle to drink. After a few minutes, we continued practicing.

 

~ 10:00 AM -- Showcase Starts

 

I was very nervous once again. What if I mess up? I asked myself. And the I encouraged myself that everything will be fine. If I do well, I might impress Yuri-unnie. That thought helped me boost my confidence. My team, just like the other teams, gathered around and prayed for the success of our performance and the success of the showcase. The singing team were called on stage to perform. I suddenly wanted to find Yuri-unnie here before performing. The singing team were very impressive. When they were about to finish, the dancing team were getting ready to go on stage. It made finding Yuri-unnie easier. When I found her, I tapped her back.

 

 

I was dazzled by her beauty, especially now that she was wearing make-up. "Yuri-unnie.. You look so beautiful. Go and show them what you got. Fighting!" I encouraged her and gave her a hug. I think the hug wasn't really meant to encourage her, it was to encourage myself. She smiled at me and then they were called on stage. They got up and I had to go to the side of the stage to watch her.

 

Their performance started with a solo dance of Yuri and then followed by a trio with Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. I was so impressed with their performance.. especially with Yuri. She dances so well. My eyes were locked on her the entire time and my mind kept on going about how amzing and beautiful she was. Even the crowd shouted her name. Everyone was so proud of her. She looked even prettier when she smiles as she dances to the beat.

 

Their performance finished and I had to run backstage to get ready. When I got there, the dancing team had als returned and everyone was congratulating them. I saw Yuri walking towards me and as she got closer, she encouraged me by saying "Yoona-yah! Fighting!" as she shot me a smile. I smiled back and replied "Kamsahamnida unnie. You did really well". And then we were called to get on stage.

 

I started feeling nervous again but I told myself, 'Yuri is watching, you better impress her'. Then, I was encouraged to perform well because it was for Yuri. And then we started. I enjoyed the performance and kept doing my best. I can hear people cheering for us and for me. I hear them shout my name and say "Yoona Jjang".

 

As soon as we finished, we headed backstage and everyone congratulated us. I couldn't pay attention to all these people congratulating me because I wanted to see Yuri first. I wanted to see her and hear her say I did well. My eyes kept wandering around, looking for her. Finally, I saw her and she was already looking at me. I smiled and started walking towards her but she suddenly looked away and walked to a different direction.

 

What just happened? I asked myself. She didn't even smile at me. She looked upset with me. What wrong did I do? Why did she avoid me again? A few moments ago, she was just sniling at me as she encouraged me and then now, she's being like this again. Seriously, what's going on with her? She's just really so... unpredictable. I felt a strong stab in my heart.

 

We were called back on stage to bow and thank the crowd for supporting us. I stared at Yuri who was looking somewhere far at the crowd. She was smiling but she didn't seem happy. After the performance, we all went home to rest.

 

I couldn't stand this confusion in my head any longer. I will talk to her tomorrow. I should atleast know why she's avoiding me again.

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________

here's my last update for tonight. i will be updating again tomorrow. i hope you like it. :))