Good News

Rivalry 101
 
 
 
~ Thursday, 3:00 AM
 
 
 
As usual, I woke up with the sound of my alarm. I quickly washed up and change into my jogging attire. I wore thicker clothes today because winter is coming really soon and I expect a cooler morning. I went out and started my routine. I was right. It has gotten colder today. I suddenly remembered what happened last night. I wonder what time Sooyoung got in the room. How long was she talking to Yoona? What were they talking about?
 
 
 
I decided to jog at the direction heading towards Yoona, Seohyun and Taeyeon-unnie's dorm. I kept jogging around the block but I can't seem to find their dorm. I moved to the next street and then to the other and I kept going from street to street. I then gave up and decided to go back so I turned around and headed towards the opposite way. I kept seeing familiar streets but I can't seem to get close to the street near our dorm. I jogged faster until I was running. Oh no, I told myself. I'm lost. I tried asking for directions but I can't find anyone in the street. That's right, it's still too early. I should just call to ask for our driver to pick me up, I thought. As I was about to pull my phone from my pocket, I suddenly remembered that I didn't bring it. Great Yuri, what now?
 
 
 
~ 4:35 AM
 
 
 
After jogging around to try to look for the right way, I finally got tired. I decided to just walk instead. I checked on my watch and was surprised to see the time, I should be getting back by now to wake the unnies and prepare breakfast. I still can't find my way back. I felt so desperate now, tears started falling from my eyes. Ottoke.... I thought.
 
 
"Yuri-unnie?" a familiar voice suddenly called out. I faced back to see her.
 
"Yoona!" I replied, running to her like a little kid. It felt so good to see her here right now. It felt like she came to save me.
 
"Unnie, why are you crying? And what are you doing here?" she asked as she held me in her arms, comforting me.
 
"I was lost and I've been jogging around here for almost an hour now.." I answered, wiping my tears now.
 
"Well, why didn't you call anyone? Why didn't you call me? What if you reached a much farther street?" she scolded.
 
"I would have but I left my phone at the dorm.." I said to her.
 
"Wow unnie. You're one heck of a lucky girl, aren't you?" She told me sarcastically. I didn't respond. She hugged me tighter. At this moment, it felt like she was older than me. It felt like she was an older sister comforting her crying little sister who got lost.
 
She laughed. "Seriously, why would you go to an unfamiliar street anyway? Silly.. " she teased and then continued, "Let's get you back to your dorm then unnie.."
 
 
 
After a few moments, she pulled me from her arms gently and held my hand. She pulled me and we started walking. I couldn't stop staring at her hands holding mine. And then, I felt my heart beat faster. I suddenly wish our dorm was blocks and blocks farther. I wanted to walk like this longer. We stopped and I saw that we were standing in front of the coffee shop that I often visit.
 
 
 
"Should we grab something to eat for a while?" she offered.
 
"I'd love to.. but I have to get home to wake the unnies up. It's almost time and I can't be the reason for them to be late." I answered. Dang! I yelled in my head. I wish there was no school today, I could've had her here alone.
 
"Why? Don't they get up on their own?" she asked.
 
"They used to have their own alarms but I've always been the first to wake up so I just told them I'd wake them up." I answered again. "I guess I can take it from here now. I know the way to our dorm from here. Thank you so much for helping me get back and I'm really sorry for bothering you. I'll make it up to you next time."
 
"Oh.. Bummer. Okay then, I guess I'll see you at school unnie." she told me.
 
"Yeah, see you. Thanks again." she just smiled at me as a response.
 
 
I started walking towards our dorm and I let myself look back to see her. She was already walking back to their dorm too. I smiled and continued walking.
 
 
 
~ 5:20 AM
 
 
I quickly woke everyone up as soon as I got back to the dorm. I headed straight to the bathroom. While showering, I suddenly realized how tired my body is. Itmust have been from all the non-stop walking and running earlier when I desperately searched for the way back. When we were all ready to go, we left the dorm for school. I apologized for not being able to prepare breakfast and for waking them up later than usual. They didn't really get mad, they actually said they understand and they told me we can just eat at the cafeteria later.
 
 
 
~ 12:00 PM
 
 
The unnies and I rushed to the cafeteria to eat lunch. We were starving since we didn't eat breakfast, thanks to me. As soon as we got our food, we sat and started eating. Once again, Sooyoung and Yoona sat together. They would talk and then eat and then talk again. Since when did they even become this close? Seeing them like this bothers me a lot.
 
 
"I sense jealousy" Seohyun whispered to me, teasing.
 
"I don't think so" I told her.
 
"Then why do you keep stealing glances at them?" she asked.
 
"I wasnt." I responded.
 
"You promised not to lie to me unnie" she told me.
 
 
I rolled my eyes and she laughed. I saw Yoona and Sooyoung look at our direction for a while and started talking again. This time, it was Yoona who was saying something to Sooyoung. It was like she was telling her a story, Sooyoung would laugh momentarily. For a moment, I planned on kidnapping Yoona from Sooyoung because I never get the chance to talk to her anymore since they were always together. Suddenly, someone approached us and told us that the office wants us to meet them immediately. Right after eating, we left Seohyun, Yoona and Taeyeon-unnie and headed to the office to meet our handlers.
 
 
"I'd make this meeting to be very brief so you won't be very late in your next class. I called for all of you to inform you about your group status." Our handler told us.
 
"What about our status?" Jessica asked coldly.
 
"We've found the members to complete your group. They'll be here in a minute, I just asked for them to come here." he said. We sat in the office and waited. We looked at each other. We then started feeling nervous. Who could these members be? Can they be good enough to fit in?
 
"Ah here they are.." he said and we all looked behind to see the additional members. Our eyes widened and shock was written all over our faces. Seohyun, Yoona and Taeyeon-unnie came in. THEY ARE the new members.
 
"I'm quite sure you've met them already since you worked together at the showcase. I also heard you've all been hanging out recently. I'm guessing no one's oppposed to this arrangement?" our handler asked.
 
"Oh my gosh" Tiffany said, still surprised.
 
"This is a great idea. I didn't know you were such a genius oppa!" Hyoyeon told our handler.
 
"I have another good news and a bad news. Which would you want to hear first?" he asked us again.
 
"I'd go for bad news first." Sunny answered as we all agreed.
 
"Alright then, Bad news is.... I wouldn't be your handler anymore." he told us.
 
"What?! Why?" Sooyoung responded, shouting. We were all surprised and disappointed. Our handler was like our dad and teacher since we were young. He took care of us and taught us some of the things we know today. We were all devastated.
 
"Because of the good news that I'm gonna be your manager from now on!" he said excitedly. Everyone started hitting him for teasing us like that. And then we laughed and became happy altogether. He then continued, "Girls, please start packing your things when you get home because you're moving into a new dorm together as a team this weekend. All 9 of you."
 
 
We all felt happy and excited from the news. We hugged each other and celebrated after school. Our group was named Girls' Generation. We all looked forward on working together and moving in this weekend. Moving in. Together. Meaning I get to live with Yoona starting this weekend. I get to see her as much as I want. I might even share a room with her. The thought made my heart excited. I hope the weekend comes fast, I thought as I smiled.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________
SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE. EXAMS KEPT ME TOO BUSY. I'm also sorry if this chapter seems boring. I'll update again tomorrow. Please keep your patience with me and keep supporting this story. Thank you! ^___^