Interrogations

Rivalry 101

 

"I have a question for Yuri-unnie." Yoona blurted.

"Wait!" I screamed. Everyone looked at me now. I was too nervous to face her question so I know I needed to save myself.

"What Yul?" Hyoyeon-unnie asked.

"Can I please just get a dare? Please?" I begged them.

"That's not fair." Sooyoung told me.

 

Yoona looked at me with disbelief. I knew it was unfair but I wasn't ready to answer whatever her question would be, especially when I have the strongest feeling that it's something that involves my feelings for her. Yoona suddenly stood up and headed for the door.

 

"Yoong! Where are you going?" Tiffany-unnie asked. Yoona turned to face us and forced a smile.

"I'll be back. I'm just gonna go get us some ice cream, I'm seriously craving and we're celebrating for moving in together, right?" she answered.

"Alright. Do you need help?" Tiffany-unnie asked again.

"Aniyo unnie. I'll be fine. You can just continue playing." she said. Tiffany-unnie nodded and she left.

 

I am very positive that I made her upset and that's the reason she's going out. I feel so guilty now. Tiffany-unnie was about to start playing again when Sooyoung suddenly stood up and headed towards the door.

 

"Sooyoung-ah! Where are you going?" Jessica-unnie asked.

"To follow Yoona. I figured she'll be needing help." she answered. Without hesitation, I stood up and walked towards her and tapped her shoulder.

"You stay. I'll go." I told her.

"Aniyo. It's okay, you can keep playing." she told me.

"I'm going out to buy a cake anyway. Just stay. I'll find her." I insisted. She looked at me for a while and nodded.

"We'll be back soon. Have fun." I told everyone as they nodded and said goodbye.

 

I dialed Yoona's number and walked to try to find her. After a few rings, she picked up.

 

"Yobosaeyo?" she answered.

"Yoona-yah.. Where are you?" I asked right away.

"Walking towards a convenience store just a street away from our dorm. Why unnie?" she answered. I hung up and ran.

 

I saw her enter the store and walked towards her. She looked surprised when she saw me. She looked at me with her disappointed expression again. I knew she's still upset. She started looking around the ice cream cooler.

 

"What brought you here?" She asked coldly without looking at me. Without answering her, I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the store. "Ya! Unnie! Where are we going?" she asked again.

"Out for a walk." I told her as I let go of her hands. She just looked at me, confused but still followed me.

"Look.. I'm sorry about earlier." I apologized. She just stayed silent. "I just felt so nervous when you said you have a question for me."

"Nervous? Why would you be nervous?" she asked.

"I.. don't know. I just felt nervous."

"Why? Are you that secretive?"

"NO.. I just.. You just made me nervous."

"Me? Why me?"

"I don't know." I answered. She eyed me and gave me another disappointed look.

 

We kept walking silently until we reached a park. No one was there so we went there and sat on the swing.

 

"Can I ask you something?" I said to break the silence.

"No."

"What?! Why?"

"You didn't allow me to ask you either."

"Seriously? Can't you let that pass yet?"

"Nope."

"Let's give and take then, I ask you, you answer and then you get to ask me. Deal?"

"Alright. Deal. What's your question?"

"It's personal, is that alright?"

"Yes, that'll be alright. My turn."

"Wait! I didn't even ask you anything yet."

"Yes you did, you just asked me if it's alright to ask a personal question." she said. This woman is really something, I told myself.

"What a trickster. Alright smarty pants. Go!"

"Are you seeing anyone? Like.. dating or something close to that."

"No. My turn. Are you?"

"No. Have you ever dated?" she asked again.

"No. Have you?"

"No. Are you interested with anyone right now? Be honest." Her question made me nervous now.

"N... Yes. Maybe. What about you?" I answered honestly and I caught her gulp.

"Yes. So much." she answered and I felt a strong sting in my heart. "Do I know that person you're interested with?"

I sighed and replied "Yes. You know that person very well, even more than I know her. Same question for you."

 

She bit her lip as if trying to suppress an emotion. Is she hurt? There's no way she could be, I mean, I'm talking about her and is she even interested in me to even feel hurt?

 

"Yes." she finally answered. So is this a confirmation that she's talking about Sooyoung? My heart started crying and I felt so much pain. Then she spoke again and stood up. "We better get back now." I grabbed her hand and pulled it to turn her body to face to me. A tear escaped her eye and she immediately wiped it.

 

"Yoona, what's wrong?" I asked, panicking.

"Nothing unnie. Let's go." she replied and bit her lip again.

"We're not leaving till you tell me. Please." she looked at me and her eyes started tearing up again. She turned her back again and walked. Again, I pulled her but this time, I pulled her harder towards me and hugged her. "Is it about.. her?" I asked. She nodded and broke into tears. I hugged her tightly and said "I'm sorry for bringing it up and don't worry, I'm very sure she feels the same for you. So stop crying."

"No she doesn't. She likes someone else and it's harder because that someone else is my friend, very close friend ever since we were young.." she told me, still in my arms, crying. Sooyoung likes Yoona's friend? Who?

"She likes your friend? Who? Do I know that friend?" I asked.

She nodded and said "You're very close to her as well." I was surprised. Yoona's childhood friend who's very close to me? I only know Tae-unnie and Seo. It can't be Taeyeon-unnie because Sooyoung couldn't possibly like Tiffany-unnie's girlfriend. So... SEOHYUN?!

"Sooyoung likes Seohyun?!" I accidentally blurted out. She suddenly looked up at me, surprised.

"Unnie! What are you talking about?" she asked, still surprised.

"You said she likes someone very close to you since you were young and that person was very close to me too. I only know Seo and Tae-unnie. It can't be possibly Taeyeon-unnie, right? So, it's Seohyun.. right?"

"Yes it's Seo but why was Sooyoung dragged to this?" confusion was written all over her.

"Weren't you talking about Sooyoung earlier? It's okay, I won't tell her if you don't want me to." I assured her.

"NO I WASN'T!" she yelled at me.

"Well then, if it's not Sooyoung, who are you talking about? Sica-unnie? Hyo-unnie? or Sunny-unnie?"

 

She rolled her eyes and a final drop of tear fell from her eyes. She now looked at me with a painful expression.

 

"Isn't it obvious or are you that insensitive?" she yelled with a sadder tone. "It was YOU all this time..."

 

 

 

 

____________________________________

here you go, sorry to keep you waiting. i hope you like it. i will update as soon as i can, i might update tomorrow. :)) i'd appreciate your comments and insights. ^__^