Lovely Day

Rivalry 101

 

hey guys! I'll be making Yoona's POV short because I might forget my idea about the next chapter. I'll just make Yoona's POV at the scene when they were at the mall already. I hope you understand. Thanks for reading my fic. :))

 

__________________

YOONA'S POV

 

~ Sunday, 3:00 PM

 

Yuri-unnie and I have decided to head to the mall to grab her lunch since we've got so much time left before the movie-marathon that the other unnies planned. We ordered as soon as we got to the restaurant. While waiting, I decided to start the conversation.

 

"How's the dancing team doing so far, unnie?" I started.

"Everything's good. We're all doing fine. What about your team?" she answered.

"Great. Everyone's participating really well."

"That's good to hear." her tone tells me that she didn't want to talk about school so I stopped. I wouldn't really want to get her upset or make her think I was boring.

 

Finally, the food was served. We ate silently. I started feeling more awkward with every second that was passing. I can't seem to think of anything to talk about. I don't really know what to tell her, she's too unpredictable. One moment, I thought we could be friends and then she suddenly avoids me and next thing I know, she's sitting right here in front of me, eating lunch, just the two of us. I can't figure her out. She's too hard to read. I'm perfectly sure that I wanted to get really close to her but now, I just don't know if I should keep wanting that to happen. I mean, I don't even know what she thinks of me. She's way too complicated. I sighed. As we both finished our meal, she raised her hand and asked for the bill and the waiter nodded.

 

When he got back, my instincts told me that I should pay for today's meal and so I immediately pulled my wallet in my pocket. I was surprised when her hand reached mine as she said "I got this". For a second, my heart stopped and then restarted with a faster beating. It took me atleast 3 seconds to pull myself together. What was that feeling? I asked myself as I stared at her. She was about to pull her wallet when suddenly, her eyes widened and her face turned so red. I immediately realized what just happened. She forgot her wallet, I told myself as I opened my wallet and said "No, it's okay. I got this unnie" and took some money and handed over to the waiter. I realized how embarassed she's feeling right now so I just wanted to take her out already. "Keep the change. [faces her] Let's go?"

 

She gave me a nod as an answer as she stood up. I found this situation very hilarious. Not because she forgot her wallet but because of the look on her face and how red her face turned in just a second. We went out of the restaurant and she was still wearing that funny 'embarrassed-face' and I couldn't hold my laughter any longer so I just burst out and started cracking up. 

 

"Ya!" she yelled at me.

"I'm sorry. I can't help it. Your face is just so red." I told her and laughed once again.

"Stop it already!" she told me. Her face was still so red. She's just too.. cute.

"Okay, I'll stop. I'm sorry." I said with a smile as I tried to comfort her. "It's okay, that happens to everyone. Atleast I was with you, right? It could've been worse of you were alone. C'mon, smile already." 

 

She inhaled deeply and smiled at me. And once again, I'm amazed by her beauty. I smiled back as I patted her back to comfort her.

 

"Where should we go now?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just want to go home now. I promise to pay you when we get back" She answered with a straight face.

"C'mon! It's really okay! Get over it already." I told her. "Let's just say, today's my treat. Okay?"

"But I..."

"Stop. It's just lunch. No big deal. If you feel too bad about it then buy me lunch next time so we can call it even. Alright?" I interrupted.

"Fine." she told me.

"Good. Then how about we do something fun now?" I said with excitement.

"Something fun?" she asked.

 

I just smiled and grabbed her hand. Again, I felt my heart stop and then started beating faster. Even faster than it did earlier. I pulled her and started walking. Only Yuri can make my heart go on a crazy rhythm just like right now. She's just too special to me now. I'm getting so attuned to her.

 

After a few minutes of walking, we arrived in the arcade center. There were a lot of kids inside, playing. I pulled her to where the car racing games were.

 

"You think you can beat me in this?" She asked.

"Shall we see how good you are then?" I challenged as I have her a smile.

 

We sat there and started playing. She was winning against me but I kept catching up on her. On the last round I was almost winning but unfortunately, she still won against me. She's really good at this, I thought. She smiled at me proudly.

 

"Great game." she teased.

"Oh yeah? What about gun shooting then? You think you can win against me?" I told her, challenging her once again.

"Bring it on!" she said.

 

We went to the games where we had to shoot targets. I won against her on this. I smiled at her, teasing. We went on the virtual fighting games and again, I won against her. After that, we went to play the dance revolution and she won against me.

 

"2:2. Looks like we're tied." I told her with a smile.

"Shall we play the last round then?" she asked me.

"Whatever that is!" I told her.

"Let's play basketball then. Whoever gets the higher score wins." She suggested.

 

I nodded and so we went to play at the hoops. It feels so good to see her enjoying like this. We started the game and she was winning against me by a few scores. We kept going like this, my score kept trailing from hers until it was only 10 seconds when she missed a few shots and I won against her. I raised my hands, asking for high five and she didn't hesitate in giving me one.

 

 

"Looks like I win" I told her with an arrogant expression.

"Don't be too arrogant. You won by 2 points. 2 little points." she teased me.

"Still, you lost against those '2 little points'." I teased back. It made the both of us laugh. Ah, even her laugh was adorable, it's like the sound of windchimes in my ear.

 

Today's like the best day I've ever had so far. I've never been this happy before. I never wanted this day to end. Her smile never left her face. It makes me happy seeing her have so much fun like this. Her smiles complete my day, no, SHE completes me. I know this is something that I shouldn't be feeling as early as now because it hasn't even been a week since I met her but there's no way I can deny this to myself. Kwon Yuri is special and I'd love to keep her in my heart forever.

 

 

"I guess it's time to go back now" I said after checking on my watch.

"Already?" she asked with disbelief.

 

Her tone made me smile widely, it felt like she wanted to keep playing with me. I guess she somehow enjoyed as much as I did. She smiled back at me and it made my heart flutter once a again.

 

 

"Well then, let's get going" she told me.

"Alright let's go" I responded.

"We should do this more often. It's really fun" she told me.

That made me smile. "Yeah unnie. We really should."

"I'll be looking forward to it then" she said.

"I'm anticipating for it." I replied as we smiled at each other. Oh God! How I wanted to hold her hand again! I told myself.

 

 

 

______________________________

sorry for the late update, I'm kind of busy with school lately. I'll do my best to update you as soon as I can. please keep being patient with me. thank you! :))