Falling harder

Rivalry 101

 

YOONA'S POV

 

~ Friday, 6:00 AM

 

I feel so cold that I'm almost shivering. My head hurts so bad and I started feeling dizzy. I know I'm sick and I hate it. I really want to go to school today. I want to see my friends. I want to fool around with Sooyoung-unnie and I want to stare at Yuri-unnie's pretty face all day. And then, I started regretting going out last night and forgetting my umbrella. I want to get up but my body feels so heavy. I heard the door open and saw Taeyeon-unnie and Seohyun come in.

 

"Unnie.. I don't think you can go to school today." Seohyun told me with concern.

"I'm okay.. I can.. handle it." I replied.

"No you can't. Don't push yourself too hard Yoong, you have to rest today. Tomorrow will be tiring since we're moving so you better take this day to rest and get better. Alright?" Taeyeon reminded. I just nodded. "Call us if you need anything, okay? Don't forget to drink your medicine later. Do you want me to get you something to eat before we leave?

"Aniyo unnie. I'm fine, thanks. I'll just eat later. You guys just go, you might be late." I answered. Taeyeon-unnie just nodded and brushed my hair and then left.

"Unnie, call me if you're fever gets worse, alright?" Seohyun told me. I nodded and she slightly hugged me and then left.

 

I'm all alone at the dorm today. Bored. And sick. I closed my eyes to sleep again, hoping I'd feel better when I wake up.

 

~ 7:00 AM

 

I woke up with the sound of a text message on my phone. I took it from the table beside my bed and felt surprised to see the name on my screen.

 

From: Yuri-unnie

Ditching classes, huh?

 

For a moment, I forgot I was sick. I was just too excited to reply. Wow, she even texted me. Is it possible that she's missing me? It made me happy to know that she noticed I was gone. Did she look for me?

 

To: Yuri-unnie

Haha. :D Sometimes it's pretty healthy to ditch. LOL

 

 

From: Yuri-unnie
Do you know who I am?
 
__
 
To: Yuri-unnie
Of course unnie! I don't reply to strangers so I wouldn't text you if I didn't.
 
__
 
From: Yuri-unnie
Are you sure you know who I am?
 
__
 
To: Yuri-unnie
Ne unnie. 100% positive :)
 
__
 
From: Yuri-unnie
Who am I then?
 
__
 
To: Yuri-unnie
You're the beautiful and talented Kwon Yuri. ;)
 
__
 
From: Yuri-unnie
How do you know my number?
 
__
 
To: Yuri-unnie
I just know. :) You may not feel it but we have a connection you know? Haha.
 
I laughed at myself for being sort of cheesy. Of course I got her number from Sooyoung-unnie. She knows how much I like, no, LOVE Yuri-unnie. She knows how much I want to tell Yuri-unnie what I feel but I'm just too chicken to confess because I'm not sure if she likes me too. It's funny how Sooyoung-unnie kept telling me that she's 100% sure that Yuri-unnie likes me and that she's just denying it. She came up with a "Jealousy" plan that even I don't know if it's working. She told me to leave everything to her so I just do whatever she tells me to.
 
 
From: Yuri-unnie
^__^
 
__
 
To: Yuri-unnie
<3

 

I realized that I should just give Yuri-unnie some signs or hints that I like her. I even thought that I should just tell her already so I can let go of the heavy feeling of keeping this a secret but I can't because I'm too coward to do so. Instead of telling her, how about I show her? Would that work? Is she sensitive enough to feel it? I hope confessing was just as easy as dancing.

 

 

From: Yuri-unnie
:") Aren't you sick? How can you still keep texting?
 
__
 
To: Yuri-unnie
Does it take too much effort to text? Haha. Crazy.
 
Because it's you who's texting, I don't care if I'm sick. Any way of talking to you is fine with me. I'll be happy with simple things like this because it's you. I don't care about anything else but YOU, I thought. And then, we kept talking through text that morning until I fell asleep.
 
 
~ 12:00 PM
 
I woke up with the sound of a knife cutting in a chopping board. My eyes suddenly widened and my mind started panicking. Someone's in our dorm. It's impossible to be Taeyeon or Seohyun because they could've texted first. Are we being robbed? Even though my body felt heavy, I forced myself to get up to check on our kitchen. I took a baseball bat for a weapon. I didn't know this bat was this heavy. Or maybe I'm just feeling weaker today. I walked silently towards the kitchen. When I got there, I raised the bat to get ready to hit but to the greatest shock of my life, it wasn't a thief but a beautiful girl, chopping fruits.
 
"Yuri-unnie?!" I called in a surprised tone.
 
"Ow!" she cut her finger. I guess I shocked her as well. I immediately ran towards her.
 
"Unnie! Are you okay?!" I asked as I grabbed her hand. Her finger was bleeding. I helped her stop the bleeding and wash the blood away from her hand.
 
"I'm fine.. Are YOU okay?" she asked me back.
 
"Yes! Good heavens! What are you doing here?! I thought we were being robbed!" I yelled at her exerting more energy in my tone.
 
"I'm sorry. I just thought I should cut some fruits for you first before... Wait a minute!" she stopped and continued "Is that a baseball bat you're holding? Seriously, you think you can protect yourself with that? You don't even look strong enough to kill a mosquito." she suddenly teased.

 

I blushed with embarrassment. She kept laughing as she took the baseball bat from me and placed it on the table. She told me to get on her back and I kept saying NO but she kept asking me to until I just had to say YES. She carried me into my room and gently sat me on my bed and supported me in lying down. I felt dizzy now but I don't want to sleep because I want to keep looking at her.

 

 

"Unnie!" I called out when I saw her about to leave the room.
 
"Yes?" she answered, looking at me.
 
"Why are you here? Seriously?" I asked out of curiousity.
 
"I wanted to pay a visit to the sick woman." she teased me with a smile.
 
"Well, aren't you pretty early for a visit? Were you just using me as an excuse to ditch classes?" I said and then smiled back.
 
"Yes! I had to escape that boring place and thanks to you, I had a reason to excuse myself." she joked as I laughed. It hurts my body to laugh. "I'll be back, I will just go and get you the fruits I've prepared."
 
I nodded and saw her go out. I tried waiting for her but my eyes betrayed me. I felt so tired and dizzy that my eyes closed and I suddenly fell asleep again.
 
 
~ 12:50 PM
 
 
I woke up again but this time, it was because I felt so hungry. I saw Yuri-unnie sleeping in a sitting position on the floor beside my bed. My heart raced and I felt so touched just thinking she came all the way here and even ditched classes to visit me. Yuri-unnie always surprises me and without her knowing, she makes me fall for her harder. If only I could tell her how much she means to me. Just then, I felt really hungry so I decided to walk quietly outside and eat the fruits that she prepared.
 
I enjoyed eating every piece of the fruits that Yuri-unnie cut for me. I felt she cares a lot about me. I wish I can show her how much I care about her too. I pray to have a chance, not that I want her to get sick or anything of course.
 
 
"You could've just asked me to bring you these. Look at you, you still look so tired and sick." she told me with concern. She walked towards me.
 
"I'm all right unnie. I don't want to stay in bed all day." I replied as I offered her a piece of apple. She took it and then smiled.
 
 
We started talking and I can feel her watching me eat when suddenly, I felt nauseous. "Yoona, what's wrong? Is there something hurting?" she asked me. I couldn't answer her. Pain flooded my mind. My whole body started hurting. All I could do was look at her as I tried my best not to show her how much I'm hurting. "Yoona-yah! What's hurting? Tell me. If you can't speak, point it with your finger." I still can't answer her until I suddenly felt the need to throw up. I moved as fast as I could towards the bathroom and let myself fall on my knees beside the toilet bowl and started vomiting. To my surprise, she followed me here and started brushing my hair off of my face and held it up for me. She rubbed my back as if to comfort me. I still kept throwing up and I didn't want her to be here seeing me like this, seeing me this weak.
 
"Unnie.... Please... Go out..." I tried my best to utter these words.
 
"Aniyo. It's okay, I'll stay here with you." she replied.
 
"I don't want you.. to.. see me.. like.. this.." I told her again. I couldn't keep my tears anymore and so I started crying in pain.
 
"What are you saying? Don't worry about that. I came here to take care of you." she said.
 
"Aniyo..."
 
She stopped me and said "If you want me to leave, then show me that you're feeling better. Show me that you're really well. If you can't, I'm so sorry but you have no other choice but to let me stay here and take care of you."
 
I was so surprised hearing her say that. Even with all the pain my body is feeling now, my heart still raced and went on crazy rhythms. How does she do that? How can she touch my heart like this? I just nodded as an answer to her and then started throwing up again. I felt so helpless. I couldn't even force this fever out of my system.
 
"Don't come out in the rain again, okay?" she told me as she kept rubbing my back to comfort me. "If you forget your umbrella, call me, I'll pick you up whenever and wherever. Do you understand?"
 
Once again, I nodded and felt my heart beat faster again. She's so sweet and she has no idea what effect it does for me. She makes me want her even more.
 
After vomiting almost everything inside my stomach, she brought me to the living room since I refused to go back to my room. She helped me drink my medicine and then placed a newly damped towel on my head. She massaged my head and it felt really good. I closed my eyes to rest again. After a while, I felt her stand up. I heard her doing something in the kitchen, probably cooking since I can smell food. She's so caring that I almost wished to stay sick for a little more time. After cooking, she changed the towel in my head again into a newly damped one. She touched my face, feeling my body temperature I guess and then held my hand. My heart is once again beating crazily.
 
 
"What am I supposed to do when you're like this? Are you trying to worry me to death? Don't be sick again or I might go crazy when I see you in pain like earlier, alright? Stop trying to break my heart this way, I might die of desperation just thinking about how I can take the fever away from you. Please be well soon, it torments me to see you hurt like this.." Yuri-unnie said in a very low tone but loud enough for me to hear. My heart stopped as my mind froze.
 
 
Did she really tell me that just now? Or was I dreaming? Did I really hear her say that? Or was that me hallucinating? I opened my eyes to look at her, she was still holding my hand but her eyes were closed.
 
 
 
 
 
_______________________________
here's another update for you, I hope you like it. ^____^