This is when the competition starts

Rivalry 101

***reminder: this is back to Yuri's POV***

 

"Would you like to join me for breakfast unnie?" She asked with the charming smile on her face.

"Sorry. Not today. I... have to go back soon and I need to wake the girls up and get ready for school." I answered.

"Oh.... Is that so.." She said as her smile slowly faded. "..Okay then.."

 

I didn't know what else to say. She looked.... disappointed. Seeing her wear that expression, I suddenly felt like I should stay for a little more time but I know I shouldn't. I can't stay here longer with her. It makes me feel insecure being with my rival. She's the person who can take my place in an instant so I don't think I can stay here and have a llittle chat with her.

 

"I guess I should go now then" I said, half-smiling.

"Alright. Be careful on your way back unnie" She responded, putting a smile back on her face.

"Yeah, you too" I tell her.

 

As I stood up to leave, "Yuri-unnie!" she called again. I turned to look at her. "It was really great to see you here today." and then she smiled so widely proving that she meant what she said. Seeing her like that made my heart skip a beat. This feeling is so weird. I suddenly feel so strange.

 

"Yes it was.." I answered and smiled back at her, this time, it felt like I really meant to give her a smile.

 

I walked towards the door and suddenly stopped. "Maybe next time then?" I asked her with a loud voice.

"You mean, breakfast together unnie? Sure!" She answered with a smile brighter than before. I smiled again and left.

 

~ 4:30 AM

 

Tiffany was already up when I came back. I ran to the kitchen and started cooking breakfast for them.

 

"Where have you been?" Tiffany asked, yawning.

"I just went out for a walk and decided to grab a breakfast at the coffee shop at the other street unnie. Why are you up early?" I answered.

"I really don't know either. Let me just cook breakfast, you go and wake them up" She suggested.

 

I nodded and went to their rooms to wake them up. I woke Hyoyeon, Jessica and Sunny unnies first. I decided to ask them for help in waking up Sooyoung since she was really hard to wake up and they agreed.

 

When everyone finished getting ready, we all sat to eat breakfast together. We talked a little about school and the new girls. I barely said anything about them. When we finished, I washed the dishes and then left with them for school.

 

~ 6:15 AM

 

We arrived at school earlier today and instead of heading towards our classroom, we were waiting at the gate for someone or something that I didn't know of.

 

"Unnie, what are we waiting for?" I asked Hyoyeon who was sitting just right beside me.

"Our new friends of course" she answered.

"New friends?" I asked again.

"Yes" she replied.

 

Just as I was about to ask her who she was talking about, a van stopped in front of us and Taeyeon, Seohyun and Yoona stepped out and waved at us.

 

"Annyong!" Tiffany greeted as she started walking with Taeyeon.

"Does Fany-unnie know them before they came her?" I asked Jessica who was walking with me.

"No, she just likes them a lot. Especially Taeyeon-unnie. They've been talking on the phone last night and I had to sleep late because of that." She answered.

"Oh I see." I replied.

"Annyong haseyo unnie!" Seohyun greeted as she tried to keep up with me.

"Oh. Annyong Seohyun-ah!" I greeted back and smiled.

 

I was walking with Seohyun the entire time while chatting. She was really kind and funny. I was having a good time talking to her but I can't seem to stop myself from glancing at Yoona who was walking and laughing along with Sooyoung and Jessica. It was the first time that I saw her laugh. She opens like an alligator when she laughs... I find it really cute though.

 

When we reached the classroom, our classmates were staring with a surprised expression. It seemed like they were surprised by how fast the new students became our friends. The instructor came in and started her lecture. After a few notes, she then announced an activity for the class.

 

"Listen up class, in exactly a week from today, you will be participating in a showcase. You will be given this whole week to prepare for it. You can either group yourselves or perform individually, it's up to you. You can give me the list of participants 2 days before the show. I will now be dismissing you so you can start preparing." The instructor announced and then left the room.

 

"What do you guys think? Should we just stick to our teams for this performance? Or should we make something new?" Onew, our classmate, asked.

"I'd go for something new!" Sooyoung voted cheerfully. We looked at her with eyes that seemed to be questioning. "What? Guys we're always together. Don't you want to try something new? It's only for the showcase. Besides, we have new classmates who doesn't have team yet."

"She's right. I agree with her" Hyoyeon said.

"Me too!" Sunny added.

"Okay, count me in." Tiffany agreed.

 

Everyone agreed. Was I the only one who disagreed? Oh right! Jessica didn't either.

 

"Well then, if we're doing this 'something new' that you all want, then what's the plan?" Jessica asked with a cold expression.

 

Everyone was silent for a while. And then someone came up with an answer.

 

"How about dividing the class into the singing and dancing team?" Yoona suggested as she put a smile on her face.

"That's a good idea!" the others approved.

"Yeah! Good idea Yoong." Taeyeon told her.

 

That's ridiculous! I thought to myself. Everyone in here can sing and dance. Actually, everyone in here can do both at the same time. How can they agre with her that easily?

 

"That's a great idea but don't you think singing WHILE dancing is more interesting?" I suggested.

 

"Oh. That's right." She answered. "Then what about dividing into three teams? Singing team, dancing team and singing & dancing team. We can all just choose in which performance we think we'll enjoy doing."

 

Once again, everyone agreed with her. Everyone thinks she's such a genius now. Crap, I told myself. This marks the start of our competition then. Then, we started choosing our teams.

 

Taeyeon, Tiffany and Jessica-unnies, together with Seohyun chose the singing team. Hyoyeon-unnie and Sooyoung chose the dancing team while Sunny-unnie chose the singing & dancing team. Yoona wasn't really given a choice because they made her choose singing & dancing team. When it was my turn to choose, everyone was telling me to go to the singing & dancing team. Even I personally wanted to join that team.

 

"I'll pass for now. Maybe I can have fun in the dancing team" I tell them.

 

I didn't want to be in the same team as Yoona. She's my rival and I'm taking on any challenge that's offered. I'll show everyone that I'm better than her. My eyes suddenly met hers and the way she looks struck me. Her expression tells me she's disappointed. I somehow felt bad because it seemed a little obvious that I avoided her.

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________

another update for today. i hope you like it. i'll start working on the next chapter now. please keep being patient with me. thank you! :)