Decisions

Rivalry 101

 

"Unnie" she said, smiling at me. "I think you should realize that your real rival is yourself, not Yoona-unnie. She's someone special to you, not someone you should be fighting against. You're gonna end up hurting more if you keep trying to beat her. Which do you think matters more to you? Winning against her? or WINNING HER OVER?"

 

I couldn't say anything. Even I didn't know which matters more now. I've always cared about my career more than anything else. It had always been what mattered most to me. I suddenly found myself struggling to find the answer to a simple question.

 

Seohyun laughed. "Unnie, you look funny. You look so confused and bothered. You don't need to answer my last question, it's for you to figure out. It's pretty obvious that it's your first time falling for someone. Don't worry unnie, I'll help you out." then she flashed me a wide smile.

"Thanks? I guess.." I just answered.

 

"Unnie!" she called out to Jessica and Sunny-unnies. "We're gonna look around in different stores. We'll catch up with you later. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead." Jessica answered.

"Kamsahamnida unnie" Seohyun replied.

 

And then we started walking to a different direction.

 

"Seohyun-ah.. Where are we going?" I asked her.

"To the arcade center, of course, where else do you think we'd go unnie?" she answered.

"Arcade center? To where Yoona and the others are? Why?" I asked again.

"To see her. Oh my goodness, if you want to get even closer to her, you have to grab every opportunity to be with her." she replied and then teased "You're so good at so many things but you are so clueless with this."

"Now you're gonna play cupid for us?" I told her.

"Well, you obviously need all the help you can get unnie." she said as she smiled at me.

 

Do I want to do this? Sure, I like Yoona more than anyone else but can I really let myself like her more when I always feel so insecure with her? Have I really decided to win her over? I'm not even sure if I can forget about wanting to win against her yet. My mind is so confused. We kept walking until we reached the arcade center. We looked around to find them. Luckily, we easily found them because they were just playing at the basketball hoops. She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards them. I can see how excited Seohyun was. I suddenly thought, why does she want me to get Yoona so bad?

 

"Annyong unnie!" she greeted them as they turned around to see us.

"Oh.. Seohyun-ah. What are you doing here?" Hyoyeon asked with a surprised expression.

"We suddenly wanted to play with you unnies" she answered. Yoona's eyes widened when she saw Seohyun holding my hand.

"Yu.. Yuri-unnie.. Annyong" Yoona called, almost stuttering.

"Annyong. [faced Seohyun] Seohyun-ah.. You might want to let go of me now?" I told her as my eyes kept looking at Yoona.

"Ah, I'm sorry unnie. I forgot" she replied as she let go of me.

"What's with the holding hands? Did you get lost or something?" Sooyoung teased.

"Yah! Choi Sooyoung!" I told her so she'd stop. She just laughed.

"Okay then, let's go play" Hyoyeon suggested.

 

We went from games to another games and just played. I couldn't even get close to talk to Yoona since Sooyoung was always around her. I tried talking to her but Sooyoung would just pop out of nowhere and take her somewhere. Sooyoung started annoying me. We walked around again to play another game and when I tried cheking on Yoona, she was laughing along with Sooyoung. They seemed so... happy. The sight of them having fun together like that makes a strong stab in my heart.

 

"What's your plan now, cupid?" I asked Seohyun who kept watching me.

"I have no idea. Does Sooyoung-unnie like Yoona-unnie?" she replied.

"You tell me" I told her.

 

We just kept playing around until we realized it was time to go home already. We went to the parking lot and walked towards the van. We waited for Tiffany and Taeyeon-unnies who were still watching a movie. I looked for Yoona and again, saw her with Sooyoung. Seriously, what's going on with them? They're just so inseparable. Then Seohyun suddenly pulled me a little farther from the others.

 

"What's up?" I asked.

"Give me your phone." she told me.

"What for?" I asked again.

"I'll save Yoona-unnie's phone number so you can call her." she answered.

 

I took my phone from my bag and gave it to her. She copied the number from her phone and gave it back to me. We walked back to the car and continued waiting for the two. Yoona and I kept exchanging glances. Just then, Tiffany and Taeyeon-unnies came and we got inside the car to head home. I sat at the front seat again since I was sure I couldn't sit beside Yoona anyway, Sooyoung would surely pop out.

 

 

~ 8:00 PM

 

We finally got home after dropping Seohyun, Yoona and Taeyeon-unnie at their dorm. It was only a few blocks from our dorm, no wonder Yoona goes to that coffee shop I often visit. We headed straight to our rooms to rest. Sooyoung and I got into our room and changed to our sleeping clothes. When we lied down to our beds, I couldn't help but ask her about Yoona.

 

"Sooyoung-ah.. What's up with you and Yoona?"

"Why are you suddenly asking me that?"

"Nothing. Just wondering."

"What about you? What's the deal between you and Seohyun?" she asked me. We've never talked so seriously like this before. We often joke and goof around together. Sooyoung and I have always been so dorky together.

"Nothing special. Just normal friends hanging out."

"What about Yoona? What do you think of her?"

"You didn't answer my question yet."

"You answer me first, and then I'll tell you."

"No. I asked you first."

"Fine. I find her... interesting. And you?"

"She's..." I was about to answer her when her phone suddenly rang.

 

I was gonna tell Sooyoung the truth since I know I can tell her anything. She's like my bestfriend ever since we were young. She answered the phone and suddenly my heart ripped into pieces.

 

"Oh.. Yoona-yah!" she answered as she walked out of the room.

 

Wow. They even call each other now? And what's worse is that, it was Yoona who called her first. What's going on? What's so important for them to talk about to even call each other at night? I can feel my heart breaking now. Was realizing my feelings for Yoona too late now? I felt my eyes starting to tear up so I just closed my eyes and hoped to fall asleep fast.

 

 

 

 

___________________________________

here's my update. i hope you enjoy it. anticipate for the next chapter. :))