100th Day Anniversary

Rivalry 101

 

YURI'S POV

 

~ 10:00 PM

 

In exactly two hours, it will be our 100th day anniversary and I am so excited. Yoona and I agreed to meet at exactly 12:00 AM in the address that I texted her. It is where I am now, preparing everything for tonight's special celebration. I had to cancel two of my schedules today just to make things perfect. I've been running around town since morning, buying everything I need for tonight. I've booked a whole lakeside restaurant for us. We placed a decent table at the garden beside the lake and filled the whole area with red and white rose petals scattered everywhere. There were lines of candles that makes a pathway leading to the table. We also filled the lake with balloons floating everywhere. There were dim lights hanging above the open garden, making them look like stars above the sky. The place looked so amazing and the only thing that was missing to call it perfect was the presence of the most beautiful woman that I have ever laid my eyes upon, Im Yoona.

 

When everything outside was settled, I headed to the kitchen to cook with two of the greatest chefs in this restaurant. We prepared the ingredients and started right away. We worked on the food silently until it was all finished. We cooked chicken pasta, garden fettuccine, roast beef and fillet mignon. I thanked everyone for their help and hardwork and bid them goodbye. I checked on my watch and read 11:30PM on it. I ran back to the garden and lit the candles up. It was so tiring doing all of this but I know it'll all be worth it. After lighting all the candles, I turned a romantic, instrumental music on in a low volume and turned the dim lights on. And finally, I took the food from the kitchen and placed them on the table with a bottle of champagne on the center.

 

 

I checked on my watch again and read 11:50PM. I ran back inside and changed into an elegant white dress and simply tied my hair up. I walked back outside to wait for Yoona. I started to feel nervous when I read 11:58 on my watch. I bet she's almost here. I sat on the chair of the white grand piano near the dining table and started practicing the song that I planned on singing only for Yoona. I was too nervous that my hands started trembling as I played the keys.

 

"Relax Yul.. You're gonna be just fine.. Relax.." I told myself as I inhaled and exhaled deeply.

 

I checked on my watch again and read 12:05 AM. Looks like she's gonna be late..

 

 

**FLASHBACK**

 

*8:00 AM..

 

I was on my way to the supermarket to buy some stuff for tonight's special celebration. On the way, I took my phone and dialed Yoona's number. She didn't answer. I guess she's in the middle of filming. I decided to just text her instead.

 

To: Yoona

Yoong, please text/call me when you're free, I need to talk to you

 

After sending it, I put my phone back to my pocket and stepped out of the van to shop. Of course I had to wear shades, a cap and a hoodie just so people won't recognize me. After buying all the stuff that I need from this place, I headed back to the van and told the driver where to go next. I checked my phone for messages. I smiled when I saw Yoona's name on my screen.

 

From: Yoona

Sorry for missing your call, I was in the middle of filming. Now we can talk, call me

 

Then I dialed her number and after a few rings, she picked up.

 

"Yul, what's up?"

"You haven't forgotten anything, have you?"

"Of course not. Where are we meeting by the way?"

"I'll text you the address. Come at exactly 12:00AM, alright?"

"Ne.. I can't wait to see you."

"Me too.. I miss you already."

"I miss you too.. I better go now, filming will start soon. Bye, I love you!"

"Okay, bye. I love you too."

"See you later tonight then."

"Yes and try not to be late."

"Okay. Bye." she said and hung up.

 

**END of FLASHBACK**

 

 

Somehow, I expected she was going to be late. Oh well, I just have to patiently wait longer. I played different songs on the piano to entertain myself. My fingers started feeling tired so I stopped or I might not be able to play my song for Yoona later. My phone started ringing and thought that it might be Yoona so I quickly fished it inside my bag.

 

"Yobosaeyo?" I answered.

"Hey Yul!" Tiffany-unnie said on the other line. I was a bit disappointed.

"Oh.. Unnie.."

"I just called to ask how the date is going so far, don't worry no one else knows."

"I'm still waiting for her unnie.. She might be on her way now."

"Oh really? How can Yoong make you wait like that... Anyways, call me if you need anything, alright?"

"Ne unnie.."

"Goodluck Yul!"

"Kamsahamnida unnie.." I answered and the she hung up.

 

I browsed my inbox to see if there were new messages, unfortunately, there weren't any. The I looked at the time on my home screen and read 1:10 AM. Wow! I was playing the piano for almost an hour? No wonder my fingers started to hurt. I decided to send Yoona a message.

 

To: Yoona

Hey Yoong! Are you almost here? You're an hour late now, you should make up for that :P

See you in a bit. I love you

 

I will surely make her pay for making me wait for her like this. And then I laughed inside my head. I placed my phone on the table and sat on the chair. I waited for her or her reply atleast. After a few minutes, I sent her another message.

 

To: Yoona

Did you get lost or something? Hehe. Please get here soon. The food is getting cold

 

I kept waiting patiently and started tapping my fingers on the table. Minutes passed and I started getting bored so I decided to send her another message.

 

To: Yoona

It's okay if I wait but a short message can boost my patience you know. Please come soon

 

I checked on my watch again and read 1:59AM on it. I've been waiting for almost two hours now. I started feeling tired. Seriously, she's making me wait for two hours? That deer will really pay big time.

 

To: Yoona

2 hours late now.. Seriously, the food is cold. Should I re-heat them or what? Don't worry, I'm still waiting.

 

I stood up and decided to re-heat the food in the kitchen. After re-heating all the food, I placed them back on the table and checked my watch which read 2:45AM. Aish.. This woman is really something.

 

To: Yoona

It's getting cold out here. Aren't you near yet? Please text me at least, I'm getting worried.

 

After sending the message, I sat back to the chair and started tapping my fingers on the table again as I waited patiently for her to come. After a few minutes, I stood up and started walking around the garden. I was getting a little impatient but I kept telling myself that she'll be arriving soon. Then I decided to go inside the restaurant and sat at couch near the door entrance so I can just welcome her here when she comes. The lights here were turned off since I didn't plan on using this side of the restaurant. I checked on my watch again and read 3:25AM on it.

 

To: Yoona

Yoong?

 

To: Yoona

Are you that busy? What time are you coming? I've been waiting for more than three hours now. :(

 

I just sat here on the couch, still doing my best to wait for her patiently. My heart started hurting now. I wonder why she's not arriving yet. What's worse is that she's not even texting me and I have no idea where she is at this moment.

 

"Yoong... where are you..." I said quietly.

 

 

~ 12: 00 PM

 

I woke up and saw the sun was up at it's peak and checked my watch which read 12:00PM. Oh no!!! How could I sleep that long?!! Did Yoona come and saw me sleeping?! Oh my gosh! I ran to the garden and saw no one. I checked on the whole place but it was still empty. I took my phone to check on new messages but there weren't any. I ran back to the garden and saw the candles totally melted. The food wasn't good enough to eat anymore. The balloons got a little deflated too. I dialed Yoona's number..

 

"The number you have dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area, please try again later" The operator said.

"Unattended?! Are you kidding me?" I yelled and dialed her number again but the operator just kept saying the same things.

 

I was about to text her when my phone suddenly went dead. Ah seriously! Of all the days to run out of battery, why does it have to be today... I was pondering on whether I should leave for a while then come back or stay because Yoona might come and not see me here. I decided to just stay and asked my driver to go home and bring me an extra phone and so he left.. I went back to the restaurant and took all the food from the table to the kitchen. I started cooking once again. After cooking, I placed them back to the table and then decided to replace the melted candles to new ones. Good thing I brought extra materials. It took me all afternoon to re-organize everything without the help of anyone.

 

~ 5:30 PM

 

It's almost getting dark again. My driver came back and gave me the extra phone that I asked him to bring. I switched the sim cards so I can have my contacts and receive any offline messages. Unfortunately, there weren't any offline messages. I'm honestly very exhausted now. My eyes started tearing up at the thought that maybe Yoona won't come. I did my best to convince myself that she was coming. I told myself that I would wait for her no matter how long it takes. Deep inside, my heart was hurting. Has she forgotten about me? But that couldn't be possible, I kept reminding her. I've been waiting for more than 17 hours now and my body is really feeling weak. Can I really keep waiting? With the best luck in the world (sarcastic), it started raining. Then I absorbed the fact that she's not coming. It's so obvious... But still, I didn't go anywhere. I just stood there in the middle of the garden, totally drenched in the rain. I know what kind of a fool I've become today but I didn't care. I still kept waiting. Then, my phone started ringing, I was still hoping it was Yoona.

 

 

"Yobosaeyo?" I answered weakly as the rain kept pouring on me.

"Yul, please come home now.." Tiffany-unnie's voice was so worried.

"I can't. What if she comes? I need to wait for her." I said, sobbing. I know how desperate I am right now.

"She's not coming Yul.." she said sadly.

"She is, maybe she just got caught up with schedules. I'll wait."

"Yul, she's here.." she said, i felt a sting in my heart.

"Well, is she getting ready to go here?" I asked.

"No.. She's sleeping. She can't come. Please come home now, it's raining so hard already." she said. Sleeping? Why is she sleeping?

"Why? Is she sick?" I asked worriedly.

"She was drunk Yul, they had a party last night. She was with the staff and the actors on the drama she was filming. No one saw her come home. Manager-oppa told me all of this just now. So please.. come home now." she explained, and then my heart broke into million pieces. I didn't answer and just hung up.

 

I stayed in the garden and cried my broken heart out with all the questions that kept running around my mind.

 

How could she go out to party when she knows I am here waiting for her? How can she make me wait here all this time? Wasn't she the one who asked me to promise to cancel everything for this day? Didn't she tell me that this day should only be for the two of us? What went wrong, Yoong? How can you break your promise to me like that? Why? I was waiting here the whole time and you were out there having fun and getting drunk with all those random people that you work with?

 

I kept crying out in the rain, feeling so hurt and heart broken. I can't believe she did this to me. I can't believe she made me feel like I'm nothing to her at all. I feel like everything was a joke. Was I a fling to her? What just happened? Was I lacking in many things to her? What the hell is going on? Is she punishing me for some reason that I can't think about?

 

NORMAL POV

 

Hours passed and Yuri was still in the middle of the garden with the rain pouring on her as she kept crying. The pain that Yoona caused her was too much for her to handle so all she could do was to cry and hope that the rain can wash away all the hurt that she is feeling in her heart. Suddenly, someone came, holding an umbrella above Yuri. Yuri looked up and saw Tiffany looking at her.

 

"Let's go home Yul.. You're gonna get sick soon." she told the younger girl.

"Unnie.. I.. She.." she stuttered. Then Tiffany let go of the umbrella and hugged Yuri.

"Sssshhh.. I know. I know." she said, comforting Yuri who was crying in her arms now. "Let me take you home now, okay? You're dripping wet and I'm getting soaked. Let's talk about this at home. Okay?"

 

Yuri just nodded and followed Tiffany to the van where Taeyeon was waiting. She handed them towels and then they left. They were both hugging Yuri who has fallen sleep from all the crying.

 

"How can Yoona forget about Yuri like that?" Tiffany asked, disappointed. 

"I don't know, we better talk to her when we get home." Taeyeon answered.

 

They both felt sad towards Yuri. When they got home, Yuri was so dead tired that she didn't even wake up when they changed her wet dress into a dry set of comfortable clothes. They carried her to their bedroom where Yoona was still sleeping. They gently put Yuri down to her bed. Tiffany leaned down to kiss Yuri's forehead and caressed her tired face. She felt so sad seeing her dongsaeng feel so miserable. She got so affected because she's been taking care of Yuri since they started training together and she treated her like her own sister.

 

Yoona suddenly woke up and felt the stinging in her head caused by hangover for drinking last night. She was surprised when she saw Tiffany caressing Yuri's face like she's sick or something. Then their 100th day anniversary struck her mind. She panicked in her head. "Omo!" she blurted out which surprised Tiffany.

 

"Yoona.." she called the girl softly. "Let's talk outside." Yoona nodded and stared at Yuri with guilt. "I mean NOW." Tiffany continued.

 

For the last time, Tiffany kissed Yuri's forehead and stood up to leave the room with Yoona. Yoona's eyes became teary when she took a last glance at Yuri. When they got outside, Tiffany lead Yoona to the living room with Taeyeon and asked her to sit.

 

"Okay Yoong, speak." Tiffany told her a little coldly. She wasn't mad but it made her upset to remember how she saw Yuri crying her heart out in the rain.

"Unnie.. I'm so sorry.. I was just so tired from filming and my phone ran out of battery so I couldn't check on my messages. I was feeling strange because I know I have forgotten something but I can't seem to remember what it was until my teammates in the drama invited us to eat out. I said I was going home but they insisted and it was hard saying no to the sunbaes. I can't believe I forgot.. I'm so stupid." she explained.

"Well, that's it?" Tiffany asked her. Yoona nodded. "Really? That's it? You made her wait for you for more than 17 freaking hours just because you forgot?" Tiffany bursted. Taeyeon squeezed her hand, asking her to calm down.

"I'm sorry unnie.." Yoona said, now crying. "I don't know how to explain myself to Yuri now. What can I do for her.. I must have hurt her so bad."

"Must have? You really did. You broke her heart big time. You should've seen her crying her heart out in the rain. You should've seen her so desperate and miserable!" Tiffany yelled but not loud enough to wake Yuri up.

"Fany-ah.. That's enough. [facing Yoona] Yoong, how can you just forget a special day like that?" Taeyeon asked calmly.

"Unnie.. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.. I was stupid. I'm so sorry." she kept apologizing as tears kept flowing down her cheeks. Tiffany's heart broke and hugged Yoona.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you Yoong.. I should be one of the people to understand you. I'm sorry." she apologized as she rubbed the other girl's back.

"What am I supposed to do now? Unnie.. What do I do?" she cried.

"Just do your best in apologizing to her. Make her feel how sorry you are. Make her feel very special because right now, she feels like she's nothing to you." Tiffany answered her. Yoona just kept crying because of the guilt she was feeling.

 

After a while, they all went back to their rooms to get over the tiring day. Yoona on the other hand, took the phone from her bag and charged it. She turned it on and read all the messages that Yuri has sent her. Her heart broke into pieces as she read them one by one.

 

 

From: Yuri

Hey Yoong! Are you almost here? You're an hour late now, you should make up for that :P

See you in a bit. I love you

 

From: Yuri

Did you get lost or something? Hehe. Please get here soon. The food is getting cold

 

From: Yuri

It's okay if I wait but a short message can boost my patience you know. Please come soon

 

From: Yuri

2 hours late now.. Seriously, the food is cold. Should I re-heat them or what? Don't worry, I'm still waiting.

 

From: Yuri

It's getting cold out here. Aren't you near yet? Please text me at least, I'm getting worried.

 

From: Yuri

Yoong?

 

From: Yuri

Are you that busy? What time are you coming? I've been waiting for more than three hours now. :(

 

From: Yuri

Happy 100th Day Anniversary Yoong. I love you so much.

 

The last message broke her heart. No one can ever understand the pain that Yoona is going through at the moment. Nothing can ever be more painful than hurting the one you truly love and causing her so much pain. Yoona then crawled beside Yuri, who was still sleeping, and held her hand tightly.

 

"I'm sorry Yul.. I'm so sorry. I'm an idiot. I'm a stupid person for making you wait for me like that. I'm really stupid for hurting you. I'm really so sorry Yul. I didn't mean to hurt you." she said, still crying.

 

Then she stood up and left the dorm without telling anyone. She headed to the place that Yuri prepared for them. She again started crying after seeing the deflated balloons on the lake, melted candles on the pathway, wet dead rose petals, the spoiled food on the table and the imagination of the crying and broken hearted Yuri being drenched in the rain as she waited for her for more than 17 hours. She fell into her knees and felt so deeply sorry for hurting the girl who did nothing but to prove her love towards her.

 

After more than an hour, she decided to go home and think of all the things to say to Yuri wheh she wakes up. How can she ever beg for forgiveness to her. When she got home, she saw the light in the kitchen so she decided to check who was there. Her eyes widened when she saw Yuri sitting there, drinking a bottle of beer while two empty bottles were already at the table. She never saw her drink before.

 

"Stop." she said as she held the bottle that Yuri was holding.

"You came.." Yuri said, obviously drunk already.

"You need to get in the room now." she told her.

"I waited for you..."

"But I'm back so.."

"For more than 17 hours.."

"You're drunk. Let's go."

"Yoong.. Why?" Yuri asked as she grabbed Yoona's hand and started crying.

 

Yoona kept holding her tears even though seeing Yuri like that because of her hurted her so much. She pulled Yuri from her seat and carried her to their room. After closing the door, she gently put Yuri down on her bed and brushed the hair off her face. She then wiped the tears that kept flowing on Yuri's face.

 

"I'm sorry Yul.. I'm so sorry." she told Yuri, still wiping the tears on Yuri's face.

"How can you do that to me Yoong? Why did you?" Yuri asked her.

"I don't know Yul. Believe me, I didn't want to.. I didn't mean to.." she tried to explain but she can't come up with anything.

"But you did.. Why? How can you..?" Yuri said which made Yoona break into tears.

"I.... don't.... know.." she still doesn't know what to say because she honestly doesn't why and how she forgot about everything.

"You don't know? Do I not deserve a better reason?"

"I really don't know what to say.. I was just so tired from work to even remember anything. I just wanted to relax already and when I was checking on my phone, my battery died, I didn't bring any charger or extra battery so I couldn't read any message. Then my colleagues agreed to go out together, I told them I would go home but they kept saying I should go, just this one time. It's hard to say no to them. Especially to the sunbaes, so I just went with them. Then we started drinking. I had no idea what my limit was so I got a little drunk and eventually fell asleep. Next thing I know was seeing you here, lying down on your bed. Then everything came back to me and realized my biggest mistake. Right now I feel so stupid for doing this to you. I can't even believe I did. And I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I can never apologize enough for my mistake but it's the least I can do. Please let me make it up to you." Yoona apologized, crying. It was everything she could say.

 

Yuri just cried. She was just too drunk and hurt to say anything. Yoona sat closer to Yuri and hugged her. Yuri didn't hug her back.

 

"I'm really terribly sorry Yul.. I'll do anything to make it up to you." Yoona told her.

 

Yoona was shocked when Yuri pushed her away gently and said, "No need Yoona. You don't have to do anything for me anymore."

"Why" she asked, her voice shaking.

"Because I'm tired.. I'm so tired of waiting.. crying and hurting. I've had enough pain for this day. My heart can't handle it anymore..."

"What are you trying to say..?" Yoona asked as she held Yuri's hand.

 

Yuri inhaled deeply and exhaled heavily. Then she let go of Yoona's hand.

 

"Let's end whatever we have right now.. Let's let go of each other while we can..."

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________

I'M SO SORRY for making this most awaited event very sad and painful for YoonYul. I'm sorry for not meeting your expectations. This just had to happen for the story to go the way it's supposed to. I'm so sorry! I will make it up to you. I swear. Please look forward to the remaining few chapters of this fic. Please don't hate me for breaking the hearts of Yoona and Yuri on their special day. I'll make sure to mend their broken hearts so please look forward to it. ^___^