Unexpected Circumstances

Rivalry 101

***reminder: this is back to Yuri's POV***

 

 

~ Sunday, 3:30 AM

 

After washing up, I immediately ran out to start jogging. We've been practicing for the showcase for a few days now. I haven't seen the others a lot lately since we're all busy with our own teams. I only see my members when we go home, even then, we barely talk because we're all tired from practicing. I haven't seen Yoona since Tuesday. Honestly, I once tried to see her, but I had no luck. I didn't find her anywhere. I'm still bothered with the look I've seen on her face the last time I saw her. Could she be mad at me? I mean, I've made it pretty obvious that I avoided her when I joined a different team but could that have made her feel upset about me? I thought as I kept jogging.

 

I went straight to the coffee shop from the other day where I saw Yoona. I've been having breakfast here every morning now. When I was done eating, I decided to just order breakfast for my members here than cooking and then left to get back to the dorm. It takes about 15 minutes to get to the coffee shop when I'm jogging and another 15 minutes to go back to our dorm.

 

~ 5:15 AM

 

When I got back, I went straight to the kitchen to put the food in the fridge so we can eat them later when they woke up. Today's Sunday so I don't need to wake them up. Today's our rest day and we always prefer to stay in the dorm than go out. After putting the food in the fridge, I went to the living room and sat at the couch. I decided to just watch TV while waiting for the others to wake up. It was really tiring to jog around the neighborhood. I've taken a longer route today since we don't have to go to school today.

 

~ 2:00 PM

 

I didn't realize that I fell asleep here in the couch until the sound of loud voices laughing together at the kitchen woke me up. When I was about to sit up, I was surprised that I was covered with a blanket. They might have seen me here earlier. I sat up and stretched my hands upward.

 

"Oh you're up? Annyong Yuri-unnie! Did you sleep well?" says a very familiar voice.

"Yoona-yah! What are you doing here?!" I asked in a loud voice. What was she doing here? Why was she sitting at the other couch reading a book in OUR dorm?

"I guess Sooyoung-unnie didn't tell you that they invited us over. Would you like to eat lunch now?" she answered with a smile.

"No, thank you. I'm not that hungry. How long have you been here?" I asked again.

"We came here at around 8:00 AM" she said, still smiling.

"And no one woke me up?" I said, dumbfounded.

"Well, you looked so tired. Tiffany-unnie told us to let you sleep some more." she replied.

"How can they let me sleep so long..." I said.

"I guess you're really that tired for not waking up." She told me.

"Oh, Yuri-unnie is up!" Seohyun called out. "Annyong unnie! How was your sleep?"

"It's okay. Excuse me for a sec, I'll just go and wash up" I answered and left.

 

I took a shower and stayed in our room for a while. Why won't these people tell me anything they've planned? I'm always getting surprised with these kinds of things. Geez. After I finished dressing up, I went back outside and saw Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sunny and Hyoyeon-unnies leaving.

 

"Unnie! Where are you going?" I asked them.

"We're going out to rent some CDs to have something to watch later." answered Hyoyeon.

"Really? Can I come with you unnie?" Sooyoung asked.

"Sure, let's go." They answered.

"Don't worry about dinner, we'll just buy them outside so we don't have to cook." Sunny told us.

"Ah that's right. Why don't you go eat your late lunch for now Yul? You woke up late and skipped lunch. You need to have something to eat." Tiffany told me  with concern.

"Ne unnie. I guess I should. [scanning around] What about Jessica-unnie?" I replied.

"Ah, she's with Seohyun. They went out together. They didn't tell us where they were going." Tiffany said.

"Yoona-yah.. How about accompanying Yuri out to eat?" Taeyeon suggested.

"Fine by me. That's if she doesn't mind." Yoona answered.

"What do you say, Yuri?" Taeyeon asked me.

"Sure." I answered.

"Okay then, let's get going." Tiffany said cheerfully. "Let's go back here by 6 PM. Okay? We're gonna start watching then. If you're late, we won't be waiting for you."

"I understand unnie" I tell her.

 

~ 3:00 PM

 

Yoona and I decided to go to the mall since we weren't in such a hurry. We headed towards a restaurant to eat. We found a table and ordered as soon as we got there. While waiting for the food, she started talking.

 

"How's the dancing team doing so far, unnie?" She started.

"Everything's good. We're all doing fine. What about your team?"

"Great. Everyone's participating really well."

"That's good to hear." I tell her. I honestly didn't want to talk about school because it stirs up the insecurity inside me and I know I will be spending some time with her today so I better not let that feeling rule over me.

 

Just then, the food was served. We started eating. We ate silently, too silent that it started feeling awkward. The silence was suffocating, I wish I could think of something to talk about quickly. We were almost done and we still haven't uttered a single word since we started eating. ....... And then we both finished. I raised my hand to call the waiter so we can get the bill and leave already. When he looked, I gestured to have the bill and he nodded.

 

When he got back, I saw Yoona pull her wallet and I had to stop her immediately so placed my hand on hers and said "I got this". I was about to pull my wallet from my pocket when I suddenly remembered that I forgot to bring it. Holy ! I screamed in my mind. I started panicking and my face got all red because I knew I would be humiliated any moment.

 

"No, it's okay. I got this unnie" Yoona suddenly said and handed some cash at the waiter. "Keep the change. [faces me again] Let's go?" as the waiter bowed and left.

 

I just nodded at her and stood up. THIS IS SO FREAKING EMBARASSING!!!! I kept screaming in my head. Of all the times to be embarassed, why does it have to be today? In front of Yoona. Ugh! Just then, I suddenly heard Yoona giggle. I looked to my right to see her and she was, as a matter of fact, laughing.

 

"Ya!" I yelled at her.

"I'm sorry. I can't help it. Your face is just so red." She said as she laughed once again.

"Stop it already!" I said as my face was still blushing.

"Okay, I'll stop. I'm sorry." she told me, holding a wide smile on her face. "It's okay, that happens to everyone. Atleast I was with you, right? It could've been worse of you were alone. C'mon, smile already." 

 

I inhaled deeply and then smiled at her. She was smiled back at patted my back.

 

"Where should we go now?" She asked.

"I don't know. I just want to go home now. I promise to pay you when we get back" I answered.

"C'mon! It's really okay! Get over it already." She told me. "Let's just say, today's my treat. Okay?"

"But I..."

"Stop. It's just lunch. No big deal. If you feel too bad about it then buy me lunch next time so we can call it even. Alright?" she interrupted.

"Fine." I tell her.

"Good. Then how about we do something fun now?" She said with such an excited expression.

"Something fun?" I asked.

 

She just smiled and grabbed my hand. My heart was suddenly beating faster. She pulled me and started walking. My heart was still beating fast, it seemed like it was about to explode. This feeling is too weird. I can't figure it out.

 

After a few minutes, we arrived in the arcade center. There were a lot of kids inside, playing. She pulled me to where the car racing games were.

 

"You think you can beat me in this?" I asked.

"Shall we see how good you are then?" She asked as she smiled.

 

We sat there and started playing. I was winning against her but she kept catching up on me. On the last round she was almost winning but luckily, I still won against her. It felt so good to win. I smiled at her proudly.

 

"Great game." I told her, as if I was teasing.

"Oh yeah? What about gun shooting then? You think you can win against me?" She said.

"Bring it on!" I tell her.

 

We went to the games where we had to shoot targets. She won against me on this. She smiled at me, teasing. We went on the virtual fighting games and again, she won against me. After that, we went to play the dance revolution and I won against her.

 

"2:2. Looks like we're tied." She told me with a smile.

"Shall we play the last round then?" I asked her.

"Whatever that is!" She told me.

"Let's play basketball then. Whoever gets the higher score wins." I suggested.

 

She nodded and so we went to play at the hoops. I was winning against her by a few scores. We kept going like this, her score kept trailing from mine until it was only 10 seconds when I missed a few shots and she won against me. She raised her hands, asking for high five and I didn't hesitate in giving her one.

 

"Looks like I win" She told me with an arrogant expression.

"Don't be too arrogant. You won by 2 points. 2 little points." I .

"Still, you lost against those '2 little points'." She teased back. And then we started laughing.

 

For the first time, I didn't get mad or feel even a bit upset about her winning against me. It's hard to admit but I'm really having fun with her right now. This kind of happiness is just too.... priceless. I haven't even been this happy before. For some odd reasons and in a weird way, Yoona has some kind of an effect to me. Something about her is too pleasing to me. I suddenly wanted to spend more time with her, forgetting all the insecurities I've felt towards her. I'm just too happy right now, I didn't want this moment to end just yet.

 

"I guess it's time to go back now" She said after checking on her watch.

"Already?" I asked with disbelief.

 

She threw a smile at me, as if I said something so pleasing to her. I smiled back.

 

"Well then, let's get going" I tell her.

"Alright let's go" she responded.

"We should do this more often. It's really fun" I told her.

Without facing her, I can see her smile. "Yeah unnie. We really should."

"I'll be looking forward to it then" I said.

"I'm anticipating for it." She replied as we smiled at each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________

here's another update. I hope you like it. please do tell me what you think about my fic. thanks! please keep supporting this story. :))