Mistake

Rivalry 101

 

"Let's end whatever we have right now.. Let's let go of each other while we can..."

 

"We can't... I can't." Yoona answered, bursting into tears.

"We have to.. So we don't hurt each other more in the future."

"No.. I promise not to hurt you again. Please.." 

"You promised me you'll come too. You promised you won't forget.. Look at us now."

 

Yoona ran out of words to say. She just took Yuri's hand again and held it against her cheek as she bent down on her knees on the floor and cried. Yuri just stayed still even though she wanted to hug Yoona and stop her from crying so bad.

 

"Please Yul... I can't. I don't want to. I know you can't either.. Please.. Just another chance. Please..." she kept begging.

 

Yuri then raised Yoona's face to look at her. She wiped the tears off her face and sat on the floor with her. She kissed Yoona's eye and then kissed her lips.

 

"Maybe you're right.. We can't let go of each other. But let's give each other a break for now. Let's give each other some space so we can think about this. If we really can work things out again. You can't imagine how much pain you made me go through. How much fool I've become to keep waiting for you like that when you were obviously not coming. And worst... you broke my heart when you made me feel like i mean nothing to you.. How unimportant I am to be easily forgotten.." Yuri told the other girl without looking at her face.

"I'm so sorry Yul.. It was never like that. You mean everything to me. You're the most important person in my life. I'm so sorry for making you feel the other way.. I'm so sorry for hurting you. And I am so sorry for breaking my promises to you..." Yoona immediately replied.

"I love you.. I love you so much it hurts... like hell." Yuri said as tears flowed down her cheeks again. She then stood up and left the room before Yoona could speak.

 

"I love you more Yul... I'm so sorry for hurting you. I'll do anything to have you back.." Yoona said as she cried herself to sleep.

 

 

________________________________________________

 

It has been two weeks since Yuri and Yoona broke off their relationship. It has always been so awkward between the two of them but they try their best to act as normal as they could. Yuri started sleeping at TaeNy's room while Taeyeon sleeps at YoonYul's room with Yoona. They still cry every night, missing each other. Taeyeon and Tiffany tries hard to comfort them and get them back together.

 

TAEYEON'S POV

 

Sooyoung and I were on our way to DJ our radio show. Yuri came with us since she was invited as a guest for today. Just like Yoona, she rarely talks lately, only when she has to. It makes me and Tiffany sad to see these kids hurting so much. We desperately want them to get back together for two reasons, one, I miss Tiffany so much already, we barely get to have our alone time because we're both too busy taking care of YoonYul, and two, it's the only way to bring back the choding Yoona and kkab Yuri that we used to know. It's less fun without these two dorks playing with us.

 

As soon as we got to the studio, we started the show and introduced Yuri as our guest. Her voice sounded a little cheerful even though you can't really see the happiness on her face. She smiles a lot to the staff and everyone else but like I said, you can't see the happiness on her face. I took my phone from my bag and texted Yoona.

 

To: Yoongie

Yoong, are you busy right now?

 

From: Yoongie

Aniyo unnie.. It's our break time. Why?

 

To: Yoongie

You should listen to our radio show, Yuri is here. She's a guest for today.

 

From: Yoongie

Ne unnie.. I'm listening to it right now. She seems happy...

 

To: Yoongie

I don't think so Yoong. She sounds happy but she doesn't look happy at all. You two should really talk already, you both look miserable.

 

From: Yoongie

I AM miserable unnie. I want her so bad.

 

To: Yoongie

Just don't give up Yoong. She will learn to trust you again.

 

From: Yoongie

I hope she will unnie..

 

I placed my phone back to my bag. What should I do to help these two... Just then, our co-DJs introduced Yuri again to sing a song that she composed just recently. I didn't know she composed a song but I'm pretty sure it's a song about her emotions. She then stood up as the instrumental played. Then she started singing.

 

 

I’m still at this place

Still by your side,

I’m tired of wandering

Today again I’m still spinning/revolving

Flowing and flowing, day after day

That’s how I’m here now

You knew, you knew of my hurting heart

I hurt more when you smile

(Chorus:)

For not making you love me more,

it’s my mistake

For making myself love you more,

it’s my mistake

For not making you love me

as much as I wanted you to,

it’s my mistake

How much more longer

must my tears fall,

believing in that promise?

The lies telling me to wait,

even my deceived selfishness is now

tired and worn

You knew, you knew of my hurting heart

There is no excuse to laugh and pretend not to know

(Chorus)

Knowing that I can’t have you

My indulgent heart is still growing

After waiting alone all by myself,

after regretting alone all by myself,

It seems that loving you was also a mistake

(Bridge:)

For knowing that I will never forget the pain,

it’s my mistake

I must look like such a fool,

for knowing that I’ll get hurt but not wanting to let go

Though everything is my fault

even then, it’s okay

As long as you are here always/forever

Please forgive this kind of me

The me who loves you

 

[this song is the english translation of the song Mistake by Girls' Generation. Yuri did compose this in reality. If you haven't heard of this song before, please listen to it. It's a beautiful song]

 

Yuri was tearing up while she was singing, obviously feeling every single word in the lyrics. I suddenly saw Yoona standing behind the glass door, tears rolling down her cheeks. I stood up to go to her but she gestured me to stop. She then waved goodbye and without waiting for me to respond, she left. How long was she standing there? How can I not see her? Aish.. When Yuri sat down again, I moved closer to her.

 

"Yul, are you okay?" I asked.

"Ne unnie.." she answered, forcing a smile.

"You don't have to force a smile on me Yul, you can be your real self with me and Tiffany. I know you're hurting a lot." I told her. She just leaned her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my free arm around her and rubbed her shoulder to comfort her.

"I miss her so much unnie.." she said in a low tone.

"I know.. She misses you a lot too. Are you not ready to forgive her yet?" I asked again.

"I have forgiven her already. It's just that it still hurts everytime I see her." she honestly said.

"Are you sure it hurts you to see her because of the pain she caused you? Or maybe it's because you want to have her back in your arms so badly?"

 

She thought about my question and then she just buried her face on my shoulder. I can feel her tears flowing since the shoulder part of my shirt where she buried her face is getting wet. I turned to face her so I can hug her. Then I rubbed her back to comfort her.

 

"Unnie what's wrong? Is Yuri alright?" Sooyoung asked as soon as she caught a glimpse of me and Yuri.

"Ne Soo. Everything's fine. She's just not feeling well. Do you think you can do my parts for today? I think I should get her home now." I answered.

"Okay sure. Please take care of her unnie." Sooyoung told me. I nodded and then excused ourselves from the staff and left.

 

Then we rode the van and headed home. I kept comforting Yuri while she cried. My members are like my sisters so it's painful to see them hurting like these two are right now. I want them to feel better but of course there's nothing for me to do. I can't just in to their relationship. All I can do is support them and help them whenever I could.

 

 

YOONA'S POV

 

After replying to Taeyeon-unnie's messages, I quickly rode the van and headed to the radio station. As soon as I got there, I saw Yuri smiling at everyone. Her smile doesn't look right though. It seems like something's wrong with it. I'm glad they can't notice me, atleast she wouldn't be bothered by my presence. Then they introduced her to sing a song live. She's gonna sing a song that she composed recently. Wait. She wrote a song? I wonder what song this is. As soon as she started singing, I stared at her and listened carefully to the lyrics. There's sadness in her eyes. She's obviously singing from her heart. Every line of the song stabbed my heart. She was tearing up now. How I wish I can go there and wipe those off her face. When the song ended, I realized that tears have been flowing down on my cheeks. I was wiping them when I saw Taeyeon-unnie look at me, she stood up and was about to go towards me but I stopped her. I gestured her to just stay there and that I was leaving already. Without waiting for her response, I left.

 

 

Aniyo Yul.. It's not a mistake. Your love was never a mistake. You're wrong for thinking that I didn't love you more. I'll prove it to you.

 

 

______________________________________________

 

*Three (3) days later...*

 

YURI'S POV

 

Today's another free day for me. No schedules, meaning I can just stay home and do nothing. I hate free days. I've hated free days ever since Yoo--, "she" and I broke up. It gives me more time to think about her and how much I miss her. I become miserable. That's why I prefer busy days full of schedules, at least my mind is focused on work. It's a good thing Tiffany-unnie is home with me today, at least I can talk to her and try to focus on whatever she says or wants to do.

 

I sat on the couch waiting for Tiffany-unnie to finish cooking breakfast. I got too bored that my mind started running somewhere else..

 

 

*FLASHBACK~Three days ago*

(this is NOT Yuri's POV, this a NORMAL POV)

 

When Yuri and Taeyeon got home from the radio station. They sat on the empty living room. Taeyeon walked to the kitchen to make them something to eat. Yuri decided to check on her phone just in case she received messages. She was surprised to see the name on her screen.

 

From: Yoona

It's not a mistake. Your love is not a mistake. Our relationship is not a mistake. Nothing about us is a mistake. The only mistake here is my mistake. My mistake for making you wait and hurting you this much and I'm truly sorry about it. I wish I could punish myself but I guess being near you yet not being able to hold you is already the punishment for what I've done to you. I'm dying everyday and I can only look at you from behind. I love you. I love you so much and I'm willing to wait for you, no matter how long because that day, you waited for me too. I will always believe in us, no matter how much you avoid and ignore me. I will keep loving you no matter how painful it is right now.

 

To: Yoona

I'd like to believe that nothing about us was a mistake...

 

*END of FLASHBACK*

(back to Yuri's POV)

 

I kept reading her message three days ago, holding on to every word in it. I want to fix things with her but seeing her reminds me of the pain she's given me. Suddenly, Taeyeon-unnie's words replayed in my mind...

 

"Are you sure it hurts you to see her because of the pain she caused you? Or maybe it's because you want to have her back in your arms so badly?"

 

Is she right? Can it be because I miss her so badly? Ahh! I'm so confused.. I don't know what to do. Just then, I heard Tiffany-unnie calling me from the kitchen.

 

"Yul! Can you please turn the radio on? Let's listen to Tae and Soo's radio show.." she shouted from the kitchen.

"Ne unnie.. Hold on a sec." I answered.

 

I stood up and reached for the radio. I turned it on and their show was starting already. I placed the radio on the dining table and sat on the chair. Tiffany-unnie placed the food on the table and took two plates and chopsticks for us. We ate silently as we listened to the radio.

 

(On the radio:)

Taeyeon: and that was a song requested by our listener from Busan. Right now we have a special guest who came here at the studio for a visit.

Sooyoung: That's right. Do you mind saying hi to our listeners?

Guest: Ne.. Annyong Haseyo. So Nyeo Shi Dae Yoona imnida..

 

I stopped eating and stared blankly at the radio. Tiffany-unnie looked at me and then I shook my head and continued eating.

 

Sooyoung: Ne.. It's our very own Yoongie who paid a visit.

Taeyeon: How's your drama filming Yoong?

Yoona: It's going well unnie..

Sooyoung: Since you're here, how about singing a song to our listeners? I'm sure they'd love to hear a song from you.

Taeyeon: That's right. How about a song?

Yoona: Right now? Uhm..

Sooyoung and Taeyeon: Yoona! Yoona! Yoona! Yoona!

Yoona: Alright unnie.. I'll sing a song that I composed a few days ago..

Sooyoung: You wrote a song too? Waah.. Our members are starting to become songwriters.

Taeyeon: Maybe we can try that one day Soo. Anyways, without any further delays, let's hear Yoona's song.

Yoona: Wherever you are right now, I hope you're listening. This song is for you. I'm singing this song only for you..

 

My eyes grew wide and then I stared at the radio once again. It felt like she was talking to me directly. Then she started singing...

 

 

 

I want to dream forever with you

 

Following the happy breeze, beneath that bright sky that blinds me

Beautiful melodies and fresh air fills this road that I'm walking with you

Do you remember? Those awkward and unfamiliar times when we firsth met

I'm thankful to you for silently taking care of me when I was hesitant and young

 

My exhausted heart beats once again

My weak heart has found light again

I want to hold your hand and walk like this forever

Together with the person I love in a world just for the two of us

 

Those unforgettable memories during that long time

Throughout the laughter and the tears, the one who always believed in me was you

 

My exhausted heart beats once again

My weak heart has found light again

I want to hold your hand and walk like this forever

Together with the person I love in a world just for the two of us

 

No one will bother us

There's not even a reason to waste any time

(Sometimes) We could be far from each other

(With the same heart) The same heart as one, dreaming the same dream

 

Even if a very long time passes (A long time passes)

Even if you and I become a bit different (A bit different)

I want to dream forever with you like this

The one who fulfilled my wishes, the one who became my faith, with you

 

Even if a very long time passes (A long time passes)

Even if you and I become a bit different (A bit different)

I want to dream forever with you like this

The one who became my miracle, the one who dreamed with me, with you

 

Even a long time passes, I want to dream forever with you

 

 

[this is the english translation the song 'Forever by Girls' Generation'.. Yoona didn't compose this in reality though. I just said that for the story. LOL. anyways.. please do listen to this song if you haven't heard of it yet. this is like one of my favorite SNSD songs. it feels like this song was dedicated to all the SONES like me out there..]

 

Tears rolled down my cheeks involuntarily. Tiffany-unnie rubbed my back and wiped the tears that kept falling on my face.

 

(On the radio:)

Taeyeon: What a beautiful song Yoona..

Sooyoung: And who did you dedicate it to?

Yoona: I'm sure that person knows..

Sooyoung: Ooh.. Being secretive, huh? You have a lot of explaining back home.

Taeyeon: I'm afraid Yoona has to go now. She has somewhere else to go.

Yoona: Ne.. It's good to be hear. I hope to be back. Kamsahamnida unnies.

Sooyoung: Our pleasure to have you Yoong. We hope to have you back.

Taeyeon: Thank you for coming Yoong.

Yoona: Ne.. Kamsahamnida everyone. I hope you all enjoy the rest of the day.

 

I just sat there and cried. Tiffany-unnie hugged me tight and comforted me.

 

"Stop making it hard for you and Yoona, Yul. Stop thinking about what happened and start thinking about what will happen. Give your relationship another chance. Maybe it's what you both need. You're both suffering right now. Only you can cure those broken hearts Yul. Yoona is waiting for you. Even longer than how you waited for her. I think it's about time to trust her again. After all, she loves you more than how you can imagine and I can see how sorry she is." Tiffany-unnie told me.

"It's just hard for me unnie.. She caused me too much pain."

"I understand how hurt you are right now. But have you ever considered how much Yoona is hurting too? I think she's hurting even more because she hurt the person she loves the most. The guilt must be eating her alive everyday. Come on Yul, think about it. You can choose to end both of your pain right now or you can choose to keep hurting yourself and Yoona."

 

What Tiffany-unnie said hit me. She's right. Maybe it's time to completely forgive her and forget what she's done to me.

 

 

 

_________________________________

here's my update for you guys. I hope you like it ^___^ the next chapter might be the last already, so stay tuned. I'd love to hear your feedbacks, please do comment below. :))

oh yeah, by the way, HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! ^__^ Enjoy trick or treating! :)