YOONA'S POV in Chapter 2 and 3

Rivalry 101

~Monday, 6:30 AM

 

I hope we made the right choice in transferring schools, I thought.

 

My name is Im Yoona.  A straight A's student in our previous school. My major used to be acting but the instructors in singing and dancing major said I have a better future in this field. They said I have a high potential of succeeding if I become an idol. After thinking about it for a few days, I've decided to give it a shot. I switched to the singing and dancing major. It felt really good. It felt like I do belong in this major. I wasn't number one in singing but I was number one in dancing. Everyone loved me. Even though I tried to be plain and simple, I always got noticed.

I attended the same school as Taeyeon-unnie and Seohyun. We're really close with each other and we take care of one another. They're both the best in singing in our previous school. They're grades are higher than most of our schoolmates. We were adored by many. There came the time when Seohyun said she was transferring in S.M. Art School because her family is moving to a new town which was too far from our school but very close to S.M. Art School. By just looking at her when she told us she was moving, we knew how sad she was and so Taeyeon-unnie and I decided to move as well. Our parents didn't oppose in our decision so here we are now, standing outside a classroom in S.M. Art School, getting ready to be introduced to our new classmates.

 

"Unnie, I feel so nervous. What if they hate us?" Seohyun asked with a worried expression.

"We'll be fine..." I said, trying to comfort her.

"We are definitely going to be fine. Don't be nervous, I'm sure they're all nice people." Taeyeon said confidently.

 

We held each others' hands tightly and encouraged each other. Just then, the door opened and the instructor came out.

 

"Please come inside when I call on your name. I'll be introducing you one by one." The instructor said, smiling. Then she went back inside leaving the door open.

 

I started feeling more nervous as the time passed by. Seohyun was called first and was asked to introduce herself. Taeyeon was called next. She also introduced herself. Based on how I hear the people inside, it seemed like they were very welcoming. I got even more nervous as I waited to be introduced.

 

"And lastly, a straight-As student of their previous school with such an impressive acting skills. A girl with a very lovely voice and an above-average dancing skills. [facing me now] Come on in dear." The instructor said.

 

I walked in and suddenly, everyone was cheering loudly. They're voices were so loud. I guess they like us.

 

"Settle down everyone.." The instructor continued. "Let's formally introduce her first, alright? Her name's Im Yoona. [faces me again] Please introduce yourself now."

 

"Annyong Haseyo unnies and oppas.." The room was suddenly very quiet. "..Yoona imnida. I'm only a little older than Seohyun so I guess I'm still younger than most of you. I'm very pleased to meet everyone. Please take good care of me. Kamsahamnida" I greeted, still nervous.

 

I was trying to see their faces and I can see how most of them are really good-looking. They were all smiling at us and they wave their hands at me when they catch me looking at them. One girl was different though. She was a really pretty girl, prettier than the others in my own opinion but she wasn't smiling at all. She was looking at me with a cold expression. Does she hate me? I asked myself.

 

****BONUS SCENE. this scene wasn't posted in chapter 2 so I will post it here in Yoona's POV*****

 

~ Same Day, 11:00 AM

 

I was at the school's cafeteria with Taeyeon-unnie and Seohyun for lunch. We were sitting at a table across the counter. There weren't as many students here as I expected, I guess we were quite early for lunch. A few tables from ours was a group of 6 pretty girls. I remember seeing them at the classroom earlier. They were very noticeable since their looks stand out a lot. The girl who looked at me with such a cold expression was there sitting with them but this time, she was smiling and laughing along with them. She looks so much prettier now that she's wearing a bright expression. I can't seem to take my eyes off of her. She was just so... attractive.

 

"They seem like a perfect group, huh? It's like seeing angels laughing together in heaven." Taeyeon said while looking at them.

"Do you think we can be friends with them unnie?" Seohyun asked.

"Who knows? They seem like they're good people" Taeyeon answered.

 

As we were about to start eating, someone approached us..

 

"Annyong!" She greeted, smiling at us. "I'm Tiffany, I'm in the same class as you are. You're Taeyeon, Seohyun and Yoona, right?" Her smile was so beautiful and charming.

"Ne. Annyong! It's very nice to meet you" Taeyeon greeted back with a wide smile. Seohyun and I greeted her as well.

"Me and my friends thought it would be a great idea to have lunch with you, if you don't mind of course." She suggested, still smiling. "So, would you like to join us?

We looked at each other and agreed. "Sure!"

 

I can see from Taeyeon and Seohyun's expressions that they were really happy and excited. As we moved to their table, they offered us to sit beside them. Everyone was smiling at us. I felt nervous again because she -the girl who I think doesn't like me- was sitting right in front of me. Her charming smile changed into a doubtful smile when her eyes met mine.

 

As one of them was about to say something, the strange girl stood up and said, "Unnie, I have to go and meet our instructor now. [faces us] I'm sorry, I'd love to stay and talk with you guys but I really have to go. I'm hoping to see you again though."

 

What was that? Was she really meeting the instructor or she just hates me this much to be avoiding me? I asked myself.

 

"Aw.. What a bummer, oh well, we'll see you later then" answered Tiffany as she sat down and waved her goodbye. "[facing us now] Sorry, she's just always so busy."

 

"Anyway, I'm Sooyoung, you've already met Fany-unnie, this is Jessica, Sunny and Hyoyeon. I'm really glad to meet you." She introduced.

 

We all greeted each other and started talking about normal things like what school we were from and everything about us and our pasts. Getting to know them was really fun. I personally think that they are really nice and fun to be with. They're all interesting in their own ways. We learned that they are a team that are hoping to debut soon. I'm suddenly looking forward to seeing them perform soon. We just kept talking until it was time for us to get back to class. We left the cafeteria together and headed to our classroom.

 

~ 12:30 PM

 

As we got near the room, a loud music was playing and we could hear people cheering and having fun. When we entered the room, the strange girl was dancing with 2 other girls. She really moved gracefully. I haven't seen anyone dance like her before. She was so good. She was really amazing. It was like watching a live performance of a professional dancer. Her skills are too impressive.

 

"Yuri is really good. She's improved a lot now, don't you think?" Hyoyeon told Sooyoung.

"Ne unnie. She's really working hard to succeed." Sooyoung answered.

 

Yuri. What a nice name, I thought. It really suits her beautiful face. Just as I was enjoying what I was watching, the music stopped and everyone was around her saying she did well and everyone was offering her water bottles and wiping her sweat. They all must really love her. She was smiling again. For a second our eyes met and I had to look away immediately. Then the instructor came in and our class started. Everything we did in class today was dancing.

 

***end of the bonus scene***

 

 

~ Tuesday, 3:45 AM

 

I woke up early so I decided to go for a walk in the neighborhood where we moved. It was quiet and peaceful. I guess transferring wasn't so bad. While walking around, I saw a coffee shop and decided to come in and have breakfast there. I went straight to the counter to order. I walked to a table near the window and sat there. I was waiting for my order when I suddenly felt strange. It felt like someone was staring so I looked around and saw the strange girl close to my table, staring. Yuri, I told myself. She was staring at me blankly and so I thought I should greet her.

 

"Annyong Haseyo Yuri-unnie!" I greeted along with a smile. I was really nervous because I still think she doesn't really like me. I waited for her to respond but she just kept staring at me. What was she thinking? I asked myself now, confused.

 

"Unnie? Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Uhh.. Yeah, I'm okay. Sorry. I was just surprised that you know my name. You're Yoona, right?" She finally answered, half smiling.

 

Wow, she remembered my name. I felt a little happy hearing her say my name.

 

"Ne unnie. Well, you just seemed... different among the other trainees so I remembered your name easily." I answered immediately.

"Different...? How?"

"You just stand out a lot. I mean aside from the fact that you are really very pretty, I was impressed by seeing you dance so well. Plus everyone seems to know and like you."

"Oh. Thanks. You're really very pretty too and you're not so bad in dancing yourself."
"Really? You think so? Kamsahamnida unnie!" I responded. She thought I was pretty? I asked myself. Somewhere inside me felt so happy in seeing her here and talking to her for the first time. The feeling was different. I've never felt this kind of happiness before, not even when I met Taeyeon-unnie and Seohyun, not even when everyone in our previous school adored me, never, not once.
 
 
Just then, my order was served. She looked at the food being served. She seemed surprised. I guess she didn't expect me to be eating so much. I looked at her and I somehow felt like I wanted her to stay for awhile and continue talking to me. I knew I wanted to hear her soft and beautiful voice more.
 
 
"Would you like to join me for breakfast unnie?" I invited as I smiled at her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________
here's Yoona's POV with a bonus scene. sorry for the late update. I'm working on the next chapter now. please keep supporting me and my fanfic. thank you! :)