Chapter 8 (Present)

Just A Glimpse

Nana’s POV

I went home after I left the café to go change into some appropriate clothes for the club. Right now I was in Hyuna’s house waiting at her doorstep. She always takes long to get ready. After several minutes she finally appeared. “Nana unnie,” I heard Hyuna call my name as she was coming down the stairs. I smiled and waved at her. She spun around after she came downstairs and asked, “How do I look?” She gave me one of her ‘y’ smiles. “You look great,” I replied. She walked over to me and pecked me on the lips. I rolled my eyes. Hyuna and I weren’t officially together. She had feelings for me but I don’t have feelings for her. We’re more like friends with benefits, so we just use each other for .

“So, who else is going to the club?” I asked her.

“The usual, me, you, Yuri, Jessica, Uee, and Krystal,” she said while spraying perfume on herself.

“Alright. Well hurry up I want to go,” I said impatiently.

“You’re so impatient, the others are probably not even there yet,” she said grabbing her clutch.

“Are you ready now?” I asked once again.

She nodded her head.

We left her house and got into my car. As soon as we were seated in my car she turned up the radio to full volume. It was 4Minute’s new song. She was singing along. I sighed and focused on driving the entire time. We got to the club after 5 minutes. It was a short drive from Hyuna’s house. We got out of the car and started walking toward the club. The bouncer automatically let us in since we visited the club very often. Of course as usual, we walk in and everyone’s eyes are drawn to us. I was used to this. Ever since I was younger I would always get gawked at whenever I went somewhere. I never paid attention to it though. Hyuna, on the other hand, loved the attention that she got. She absorbed it completely and reveled in it. Her favourite thing in the whole entire world was when she was the centre of attention. She gave everyone a charming smile and waved cutely. We found the rest of our group at the bar getting drinks and chatting. They all looked pretty.

“Finally, you’re here! What took you guys so long?!” Uee yelled over the blaring music.

“This one right here took forever to get ready,” I said as I sat on a bar stool.

“Yah! No I didn’t!” Hyuna yelled as she playfully hit my arm.

“Long time no see,” I heard Yuri say as she slid herself beside me.

“Hi Yuri unnie,” I said.

Yuri and I used to be in a relationship for 3 years. We broke up last year because her feelings for me evaporated and she was attracted to Jessica. Now Jessica and Yuri were together. I didn’t mind though, I was hurt but it didn’t affect me that much. Yuri and I are still good friends. Krystal, Jessica’s younger sister, was dating someone too except she won’t tell us who it is. And don’t even get me started on Uee. She has liked the same person for years but she hasn’t made a move or confessed to her yet. I keep telling her to do it or else she’ll regret it but she doesn’t have the confidence to tell her.

“Is Juyeon coming today?” I asked Uee.

“I didn’t ask her to come,” Uee replied, her face turning bright pink.

“Uee unnie, when are you going to tell her?!” I asked.

“Yeah Uee you have to tell her sometime soon,” Hyuna joined in the conversation.

“I will, I just need to find the right time to tell her,” she said sipping her drink.

“Which means she’ll never tell her,” Jessica said as she wrapped her arms around Yuri’s waist.

They all nodded their heads in agreement. I just looked at Uee and shook my head. All of a sudden, Krystal suddenly began waving her hands at someone and signaling them to come over. We all turned our heads and saw a boy walk over to us. Wait, that’s not a guy. My bad.

“Guys this is Amber, she’s the one that I’m dating,” Krystal told us as she put her arm around Amber’s shoulders.

“Hey guys,” Amber said and flipped her bangs out of her eyes. Damn, she was hot even if she was more like a guy I still found her attractive.

“Hi,” we all said in unison.

We talked and drank for a bit until Yuri and Jessica parted with us and went on the dance floor. Hyuna soon asked me to dance with her except I rejected her offer as I didn’t feel like dancing. Krystal and Amber went off to who knows where and Uee ended up on the dance floor because Hyuna dragged her there. So, here I was alone at the bar with a drink in my hand as my friends danced the night away. I looked around the club to see if there were any familiar faces. I spoke to soon. I saw Lizzy walk into the club with her boyfriend, Niel. A pang of pain spread throughout my chest. Why are they here? I averted my eyes and walked to the dance floor. I grabbed Hyuna and turned her toward me. She looked at me surprised but soon replaced the look with a smirk. We moved closer to each other and I had my arms wrapped around Hyuna’s waist. I just needed a distraction from Lizzy.

Lizzy’s POV

“Oppa, let’s go dance,” I said cutely to Niel.

“Okay Lizzy-ah,” he agreed.

We walked down the crowds of people and found the centre of the dance floor. We started to dance. Niel’s arms were wrapped around my waist and my arms were around his neck. We were enjoying dancing to the music until I saw a certain blonde laughing and flirting with a petite brunette near the bar. They both looked out of breath from dancing. I think she saw me staring because soon after she planted her lips onto the other girl’s lips and they were making out. Is she trying to make me jealous? Ha. That won’t ever happen, I love Niel. I looked at Niel and I kissed him, we soon began making out. After we breathlessly let go, I saw Nana staring. This time she didn’t turn away and just continued to stare. I saw the hurt written on her face. Nana, I’m sorry. I turned away and continued dancing. Niel got tired after a while and we headed toward the bar to grab some drinks. He saw one of his friends, L.Joe, at the bar.

“Babe, I’ll be right back,” he pecked me on the lips and walked toward L.Joe.

“Hi,” I felt a hot breath hit my right ear. I turned startled.

“I didn’t mean to scare you Lizzy,” Nana smirked. Oh god, not this again.

“You didn’t scare me,” I said.

“I didn’t think you’d be coming here too, what a small world,” Nana said.

“Too small,” I mumbled.

“So that’s your boyfriend? What’s his name again? It starts with an ‘N’ right?” Nana asked.

“Niel, his name is Niel. Yes, that’s my boyfriend.”

“What kind of boyfriend goes off and leaves his girlfriend all alone at a club?” Nana was now messing with my mind.

“He saw his friend, I’m not the type of girlfriend to forbid him from talking to his friends,” I replied coldly.

“Ah, that’s good. But he looks awful cozy with his ‘friend’ over there,” Nana pointed out.

I turned around and saw L.Joe Niel’s arm and both of them looked shy of each other. I looked at them appalled. I opened my mouth then closed it again. I looked at Nana who was sending daggers toward him.

“They’re just friends Nana. Just because they are close doesn’t mean anything!” I exclaimed.

“It was just an observation,” she replied nonchalantly.

“What about you? I thought you weren’t seeing anyone?” I asked arching an eyebrow.

“Oh, Hyuna? We’re just friends,” she said brushing off the question.

“You were making out with her earlier though,” I said confused.

“Lizzy-ah, sometimes you need a distraction just for fun. That stuff is normal even if you aren’t dating,” Nana replied.

“A distraction? So, you’re just playing with her?” I asked shocked.

“Playing? If you mean than sure,” she smirked.

“Oh…” I didn’t know what to say. I was shocked. This wasn’t the Nana I knew. She was different. She was cold, distant and clearly a player. What happened to her? I looked up from my drink. She looked like she was thinking about something; she had that distant look in her eyes.

“Hey babe,” Niel said as he walked back.

“Hey,” I smiled cutely at him.

“Who’s this?” He asked nodding at Nana.

“This is—” I began but I was cut off by Nana.

“I’m Im Nana,” she said smiling charmingly. I saw Niel gulp as he smiled awkwardly at her. .

“Nice to meet you Nana-ssi. I’m Niel,” he replied. Wow, he usually always introduces himself as my boyfriend except he didn’t just now. You can tell that she knew he was flustered because of her. She was enjoying it.

“Well Lizzy, Niel, I have to go back to my friends now. It was nice seeing you again Lizzy unnie and it was nice meeting you Niel,” she said charmingly and strutted off toward her friends.

All I felt was anger toward Niel at this moment. I was so angry that I walked over to where Nana was and grabbed her wrist. She turned around surprised by my action. She was staring at me intently.

“Nana, let’s go dance,” I said. I don’t know what had come over me but I didn’t care.

“What about your boyfriend over there?” Nana asked smiling.

“What about him? He can go dance with L.Joe!” I said angrily.

“Okay, let’s dance Lizzy unnie,” Nana said.

We walked toward the dance floor. Great, out of all songs that could have been playing at this moment After School’s Dressing Room came on. A y song while dancing with Nana, this will be interesting. Nana grabbed my waist and pulled me in closer. Our faces were inches apart. She smiled and began to whisper the lyrics into my ear.

Take me, come to me, feel me closer
Wherever your hand touches, make me so hot
Breathtakingly, riskily, unbelievably, strangely
A romance better than a fantasy in my dressing room

My mind was going crazy. I felt like I was about to faint. Her hot breath, her y whispering, her gorgeous figure, her soft hair, her tempting gaze, her luscious lips, everything was driving me insane. I want a romance in her dressing room. Oh my god, Lizzy what are you thinking?! I have a boyfriend! The song finished and she let go of my waist. We continued dancing until Niel interrupted.

“Hey babe, let’s go,” Niel said.

“Why in such a rush?” Nana asked.

“I-I have to get somewhere,” he stuttered. Why are you being like this?

“Where do you have to go?” I asked.

“My mom’s house, she needs my help with something,” he quickly responded.

“Okay, I’ll be at the car in a minute,” I said.

He nodded and walked out of the club. Nana looked at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing.”

She walked with me to the parking lot.

“You didn’t have to walk with me ‘till here. Your friends are probably all waiting for you inside,” I said.

“They can wait,” she said.

“Well it was nice seeing you again Nana,” I said.

“You too Lizzy unnie,” Nana said.

I walked off to the car. Niel backed out of the parking lot and I saw Nana staring at us until we left.