Chapter 18

Just A Glimpse

Nana’s POV

“We haven’t had a party in so long,” Juyeon said.

“You want to have a party?” I asked.

“Yes! How long has it been since we last had a party?” she asked.

“A while,” I responded flipping through the channels on my TV.

“So we should have one,” she suggested.

“You can have one at your house. The last time I held a party here it was a disaster! I had to clean up after everyone!”

“My house is so small though,” she whined.

“Ask someone else Joo cause you’re not having one here,” I said.

“Fine,” she sighed.

Lizzy’s POV

“We need to talk,” Niel said through the other end of the phone.

“I think you said enough the other day,” I said coldly.

“Please Lizzy-ah, I was really stupid. I shouldn’t have said those things. I’m sorry,” he said with fake sincerity.

“Do you love me?” I asked.

“What kind of question is this?”

“Just answer the question,” I said.

“Babe of course I love you. You’re my Lizzy,” he said cutely.

I rolled my eyes at his response.

“Niel, I think we need to take a break…” I said quietly into the receiver.

“What? Why?” he said surprised.

“I’m just not ready to forgive you right now,” I explained.

There was silence.

“Niel are you there?” I said.

“Y-yeah, ‘kay I’m fine with that,” he replied.

“Alright I’ll talk to you some other time then. Goodbye,” I said.

“Bye,” he muttered and hung up.

Nana’s POV

One by one all of my friends filed into my house. It didn’t take long for Juyeon to tell them all to come over to discuss where we were going to have this party.

“Well we could have it at Hyuna’s house,” Yuri suggested.

“Not after what happened last time,” Hyuna quickly said.

“Who is okay with offering up their house, raise your hand,” Juyeon said.

No one raised their hands.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Juyeon mumbled.

“Why are we even having a party?” Jessica asked.

“To have fun,” Juyeon said as if it was obvious.

“What’s the point in having a party when we could crash someone else’s party?” Krystal said.

We all turned to face her.

“Whose party could we crash?” Juyeon asked interested.

“My friend Tiffany Hwang is having a party tonight,” Jessica spoke up.

“Tiffany Hwang?” I asked.

She nodded. I haven’t heard that name since high school. She’s friends with Jessica?

“Well then we can be your guests,” Juyeon said excitedly.

“Alright, we’ll all meet there then right?” Jessica said.

We all nodded.

“Who’s going with who? Let’s just make that clear right now,” Juyeon stated.

“I’m going with Jessica,” Yuri said.

“I’m going with Amber,” Krystal said.

“I’m going with Uee,” Juyeon clarified.

“So I’m guessing Nana and Hyuna are going together then?” Uee asked.

We both looked at each other.

“No, I’ll probably go solo for this one. I need to look available,” Hyuna said nonchalantly.

“Then we’ll see each other at the party,” Juyeon said.

One by one they all left my house except for Hyuna.

“Why’d you do that?” I asked.

“I want you to take this chance to go with Lizzy,” she replied.

“Why?” I asked curious.

“So you can win her heart,” she said simply.

Lizzy’s POV

“A party?” I said.

“Yes, a party. So you want to go with me or not?” Nana asked.

“I’ll think about it,” I said.

“What’s there to think about? It’s either ‘yes’ or ‘no’,” she said.

“Fine I’ll go,” I said.

“I’ll pick you up at 8. So be ready,” she said and hung up.

Nana’s POV

What should I wear? I don’t want to look too dressed up but I also don’t want to look too casual. I’d been trying on outfits for an hour and I still couldn’t find something I like. My room was all clothes. It looked like my closet just puked. I sighed and lied down on my bed. I smiled to myself as I thought of the kiss on the cheek Lizzy gave me the other night when I dropped her off. I still have a chance, I just have to play my cards right. Maybe Lizzy can apologize to me in a game of strip poker that would be interesting. I smirked and got off my bed. After another while of searching my closet I finally chose something to wear. I put on a short tight red dress. By 8 p.m. I was already in front of Lizzy’s apartment building. I got out of my car, locked the doors and went inside the building. Oh , I forgot to ask Lizzy what floor her apartment’s on. I took out my phone and called her.

“What floor do you live on?” I asked.

“I don’t even get a ‘hello’,” she said.

“Hello, what floor do you live on?”

She giggled. “The third floor, apartment number 304.”

“Thanks.” I hung up.

I went inside an elevator and clicked the button to go on the third floor. The elevator stopped and I got out. 300…302…304! I knocked on the door and a gorgeous brunette answered it. She was wearing a short black dress. Her hair was straight and it flowed along the top of her shoulders. She looked breathtaking.

“You want to come in for a bit? I just need to do a few things,” she said inviting me inside.

I walked into her apartment. It was cute. I sat on her couch.

“You look pretty Lizzy,” I said.

“Thank you, so do you unnie,” she replied.

“I’m ‘unnie’ now?” I asked.

“Well what do you want me to say? Oppa?” she said.

“Nana would be just fine. You’ve been calling me by my name since I met you.”

“That’s true. So whose party is it?” she asked.

“Uh…Tiffany Hwang,” I said quickly.

“Tiffany Hwang?” she said as she widened her eyes.

“I was hoping you didn’t hear,” I said quietly.

“Why are we going to her party?” Lizzy asked shocked.

“Because she’s friends with my friend Jessica and Juyeon wanted to have a party but Krystal suggested to go crash a party instead and Jessica told us Tiffany was having a party tonight…so yeah…” I explained.

“I’m not going,” Lizzy said.

“What? Why? Just because it’s Tiffany Hwang’s party? Who cares?”

“I care. I don’t like her so I’m not going and you can’t make me go,” she said stubbornly crossing her arms.

“Oh come on Lizzy! Stop being so stubborn! It’ll be fun, you probably won’t even see her and it’s not like you’re going to talk to her,” I said trying to persuade her.

“I’m not going,” she said again.

“Fine, if you’re not going then I’m not going either,” I said crossing my arms.

We just looked at each other in silence until an idea struck me.

“Hey, if we’re not going to go to the party, why don’t we have a party with just the two of us?” I arched an eyebrow.

“What do you mean?” Lizzy asked slowly. She came over and sat on the couch beside the one I was sitting on.

“You still haven’t thought of any ways to apologize to me yet right?” I asked tilting my head.

“No, not really…”

“I have one way you can apologize to me. But you have to agree to it.”

“W-What is it?” she asked nervously.

“Let’s play strip poker.” I smirked.

“W-What?!”


Hi everyone :) Thank you for subscribing & commenting <3 I hope you guys enjoy this chapter ^^ School comes back for me in a few days so I'll try to update as often as possible so please be patient with me! I hope you guys have a wonderful end to your summer vacation and a wonderful return to school if you start school soon, thanks for reading guys! Love you all <3 :)