Chapter 24

Just A Glimpse

Lizzy’s POV

I was waiting for my name to get called to go into the audition room. I’m auditioning for a commercial for a new laptop. I was listening to my iPod, trying to immerse myself in the music and calm down. I practiced so much that if I practiced any more that I would end up doing badly. I remember I over practiced for one of my auditions and didn’t end up getting it. So, now I know that I should never over practice. I let my mind drift off for a bit as I waited. I closed my eyes. I suddenly thought about Nana. I smiled to myself. I hope I’ll get to see her today even if it’s only for a few minutes.

“Park Lizzy?!” a voice called my name disrupting my thoughts.

I suddenly opened my eyes and stood up.

“Y-Yes!” I called back.

“Please come this way,” the lady said as she showed me to the audition room.

I stepped inside the room. There were three judges on one side and a table with a laptop on it in the centre of the room.

“Hello, I’m Park Lizzy,” I introduced myself.

“Here’s the script. Read it over first,” one of the producers told me.

I nodded and looked over the script. It was only one page since it was a commercial.

“Whenever you’re ready,” the man seated in the middle said.

I got into character and began.

I moved to the table and sat in the seat. I made myself look like I was focused entirely on the laptop even though in reality it was turned off.

“The new ______ laptop is amazing! There are so many features on here. You could browse the web so easily especially with the new Windows 8 system. All of my apps are available at one click. I could even turn it into the original Windows 7 desktop if I wanted to! And the best part is that it’s light as a feather, so I can carry it anywhere I want,” I stood up and folded the laptop under my arm and walked off the set. I walked back on the set and waited for their response.

“Thank you Miss Park, we’ll call you to let you know,” the man said with a smile.

“Thank you for your time,” I said before I left.

I sighed as I walked down the hallway. I really hope I get it. I used a lot of expression on my face as well as in my voice. I grabbed my car keys from my bag and unlocked my car. Once I was seated in my car I pulled out my phone and dialed Nana’s number. I hope she’s not busy.

“Hello?”

“Nana, are you busy?” I asked.

“Oh Lizzy, I’m always free for you, don’t worry,” she flirted.

I smiled at her cheesiness.

“What’s up? How’d your audition go?” she asked.

“I hope it went well. I’m scared that they won’t end up choosing me,” I said sadly.

“Hey, don’t think so negatively! I’m sure you did an excellent job, they’ll call you. And even if they don’t call you they clearly don’t know what they’re missing out on,” she said trying to cheer me up.

“Thanks Nana,” I said while blushing from her kind words.

“So, are you busy tonight?” she asked.

“No, why?”

“Great! I’ll pick you up at 6:30, you’re going to have dinner at my parents’ house,” she said.

“Oh right they’re back! How are they doing?”

“They’re good. I told them about you. They want you to come over for dinner tonight,” she repeated.

“Alright, I’ll make sure that I’m ready by then,” I replied.

“Awesome. See you then! Bye Lizzy-ah,” she said sweetly.

“Bye Nana.”