Chapter 21

Just A Glimpse

Lizzy’s POV

I was sitting at a table near the window at the Café Capitale. It was early in the evening. I was waiting for Niel to show up. It had been a week since the party at Nana’s house. It had been a week since we kissed. I could still feel her soft lips caressing my own. I smiled to myself as I touched my lips. The waiter came to my table with my French vanilla. It smelled sweet, and it felt nice and warm in my hands. All I could think about was Nana. Everything I did, Nana would pop into my mind. I felt like I was about to go insane. I finally made up my mind. I was going to break up with Niel today. This will be one of the hardest things I have ever done, but I have to do it. I love Niel, I really do but I’m in love with Nana. I’ve realized the difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. I don’t want to hurt Niel but this has to be done. I brought the cup to my lips and blew on the warm liquid before I took a small sip. I closed my eyes for a brief moment. As I opened them I saw Niel standing in front of me.

“Is this seat taken?” he asked as he pulled the chair out.

“Not at all,” I said as I weakly smiled.

“So, how are you?”

“I’m doing well, how about you?” I asked.

“I’m doing okay,” he replied. “What did you want to talk about?”

“Niel, I love you and I always have but I’m not in love with you,” I said nervously.

“What are you talking about?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

“I have realized that you’re not the one for me,” I said quietly.

I looked down at my drink. I couldn’t bear to see his expression.

“Are you breaking up with me?” he said in disbelief.

“Yes,” I said finally facing him.

His face turned serious. He had a heavy frown and his eyes looked sad.

“I’m so sorry Niel,” I apologized.

“Who is he?” he suddenly asked.

“What?” I was confused.

“You heard me! Who is he?” he raised his voice.

“He is no one! There is no ‘he’!”

“Then why are we breaking up?”

“Because…there’s a ‘she’…” I said.

His jaw dropped. He was shocked.

“I’ve turned you into a lesbian?!” he yelled.

“Niel please don’t yell. You’re drawing attention,” I hissed.

“I don’t care! You’re a lesbian now?!” he yelled again.

“I was never a lesbian! I like both, so don’t get angry with me over my uality. That’s my choice.”

“Who is she? Huh? Is it that Nana girl? It is her isn’t it?” he said angrily.

“What if it is? Why do you care?” I asked.

“I thought you loved me!” he cried.

“I did, I do. But, I’m not in love with you,” I clarified.

“I’m glad we’re breaking up. I deserve better than you,” he said vehemently.

He stood up and kicked a chair on his way out.

I sat there astonished by what just happened. I was so shocked I didn’t even notice the people staring at me. I didn’t know what to do. I got up and ran to my car. I unlocked the door, sat in the driver’s seat, slammed my steering wheel with my hands in frustration and cried my heart out.


Hey guys! Thanks for subcribing & commenting <3 I know this is a short chapter but don't worry there will be more NaLiz in the upcoming chapters ;) So now I will shamelessly promote another fanfiction that I started, it's a supernatural fic because I've wanted to write one for a while now so if you're interested here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/554218/the-triangle-afterschool-snsd-supernatural-exo-naliz Thanks guys <3