Chapter 22

Just A Glimpse

Nana’s POV

It’s been two weeks since I last saw Lizzy. I haven’t heard anything from her. I should probably call her to see how she’s doing. I picked up my phone and dialed her number.

“Hello?” a sleepy voice answered.

“Lizzy-ah, how are you?” I asked.

“Oh, Nana, I’m okay. How are you?” she asked.

“I’m good. Were you sleeping?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“Sorry that I woke you up.”

“It’s fine. I needed to wake up anyway,” she said.

It was silent. I didn’t know how to keep the conversation going.

“I broke up with Niel,” she blurted out.

“You did?! When?!” I asked shocked.

“A week ago,” she said quietly.

“What happened?”

“I told him about us, he got angry. I’ve felt horrible about the break-up all week,” she replied.

“I’m so sorry.” That’s all I could say.

“It’s alright, it’s not your fault,” she assured me.

“Well, I know this might sound too soon, but, are you free today?” I asked nervously.

“Yes I am, why?”

“I was wondering if you wanted to go to the mall later. I need some new clothes plus it could be like our first official-”

“Date?” she interrupted.

“Yeah.” I smiled.

“Sure, I’ll come.”

“I’ll pick you up in about an hour? Sound good?” I asked.

“See you then,” she said and hung up.

Lizzy’s POV

I heard a knock at my door.

“Coming!” I yelled as I jumped over my pile of clothes and ran to the door.

I checked the peep hole before opening it. I smiled as I saw Nana standing there. I opened the door.

“Nana,” I said.

“Hey,” she smiled and waved cutely.

“Come inside, I’ll just be a second,” I said.

She went to sit on the couch as she waited for me to finish getting ready.

“You look pretty,” she commented as I came out of my bedroom.

“Thank you,” I said shyly.

“Are you ready for some shopping?” she tried to say enthusiastically.

“Yes, let’s go.”

We left my apartment and drove to the shopping mall. It was crowded, as usual. It took us a while to find a good parking spot. I haven’t been to the mall with Nana in so long.

“Nana, remember when we bought make-up for me and you said you’d teach me how to use it?” I asked her.

She turned to look at me and smiled.

“Well clearly you don’t need me to teach you anymore,” she remarked.

We walked into a clothing store. Nana grabbed a few shirts, a pair of skinny jeans and short shorts.

“Are you going to try anything on?” she asked.

“No, this store isn’t really my style,” I replied.

“Come to the fitting room with me,” she said.

I followed her to the fitting room. I waited outside as she got dressed. She tried on the first outfit. She was wearing a white tank top and black short shorts. Wow, she looked amazing.

“How does it look?” she asked as she spun around once.

“It looks great! You should totally buy it,” I said.

“Really? Maybe I will,” she said and shut the fitting room door.

After a minute she opened the door slightly. I could only see her head.

“Do you need something?” I asked.

“Come here,” she said.

I came closer. She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the fitting room. She pinned me on the wall with my arms above my head. Her face was inches apart from mine. She was in her bra and underwear. I bit my bottom lip. I felt my cheeks flush. She smirked and let go of me.

“I just wanted to tease you a bit,” she said.

“That’s not fair!”

“Life’s not fair.”

She turned around to put a shirt on but I quickly pinned her against the wall. She was startled by my sudden action.

“What’re you going to do to me Lizzy?” she asked smugly.

“I’m going to have my romantic fantasy come true,” I said.

“What’s your romantic fantasy?”

“To do you in a dressing room,” I replied smirking.

She smiled and pinned me to the wall. Damn, she was strong. I felt her hot breath hit my ear.

“I don’t want our first time to be in a fitting room, maybe some other time but not now Lizzy-ah,” she said.

I frowned.

“Plus, it’s our first date. We should have some class shouldn’t we,” she added with a wink.

I nodded. She was right. I left the fitting room. She tried on the other outfits. She purchased two of the billion outfits she tried on.

“Do you want to go eat?” she asked.

“Yes, I’m starving,” I replied patting my stomach.

“Let’s get out of here then.”

“We could just eat in the food court,” I said.

“I already planned a different place.”

“Where?”

“You’ll see,” she said intertwining her fingers with mine.

I could feel my heart beat faster at the sudden gesture.

As we were driving I kept asking her where we were going except she wouldn’t tell me. Halfway through the drive I just gave up asking. When we got closer I saw a familiar restaurant up ahead. I soon realized it was her parent’s restaurant. I haven’t been there in years!

“We’re here,” she said as she parked the car.

“I haven’t been here in so long,” I said.

“Don’t worry it hasn’t changed much.”

We got out of the car and went inside the restaurant. She was right, it looked the exact same. But, I noticed that there were no customers in the restaurant and the lights were dim. I followed Nana to a table in the back. There were rose petals and a couple of candles on it with plates and drinking glasses. I stood there in disbelief. She did all of this for me?

“Nana, how did you do all this?” I asked.

“I pulled a few strings,” she shrugged.

She pulled the chair out for me. I sat down. She sat across from me.

“You didn’t need to do this,” I said sheepishly.

“I know, but I wanted to do it.”

I smiled at her.

A couple of waiters came out of the kitchen doors with two carts filled with food. They placed them on our table and poured red wine in our glasses before they strode back to the kitchen.

“Did you make them prepare a buffet?!” I asked as I ogled the food in front of me. It all smelled and looked delicious.

“Well, I didn’t know exactly what food you liked so I made them prepare most of the menu,” she said scratching her head.

I laughed. “Yah! Im Nana, you’re such a fool.”

I took my spoon and dug in.

We enjoyed our time eating and had pleasant conversation. It was a wonderful dinner. After our meal we drove back to her house. She went straight to her motorcycle.

“Wanna go for a ride?” she asked.

I quickly hopped on the bike and clung on to Nana for dear life.

We rode around the entire city. Everything was a blur as we sped on by. Nana stopped by the beach. We hopped off her motorcycle. She held my hand and we walked along the beach. The moon’s rays looked gorgeous as it reflected off the water. After a while of walking we sat down on the sandy shore. I rested my head on Nana’s shoulder. I felt safe when I was with her. I felt her lips linger on my hair as she kissed it softly. In that moment, it felt like we were the only two people in the universe.