Chapter 10 (Present)

Just A Glimpse

Nana’s POV

“Lizzy unnie, isn’t the beach nice?” I asked laying my head on a pillow.

“Yes, I’m glad we came here for a picnic,” she said smiling at me.

“Let’s go in the water!” I quickly jumped up and grabbed Lizzy’s arm.

“Unnie, the water’s going to be so cold!” Lizzy yelled behind me as we ran to the sea.

“No, look, it’s fine!” I said as I put my feet in the shallow part of the water. The waves were hitting the shore gracefully. Lizzy came and stood right beside me. She giggled.

“What’s so funny?” I asked her.

“This,” she said as she pushed me in the water. I quickly grabbed on to her arms and dragged her down with me. We both lifted our heads from the water, we were soaking wet! We both looked at each other and burst out laughing. I started to splash Lizzy like a crazy person. She also started to splash me. I felt like I was going blind everything was blurry because of the water splashing in front of me. After a while of playing I got tired and went onto the shore. Lizzy followed.

“You lost Nana. Admit your defeat,” Lizzy said.

“Never,” I said mischievously and tackled Lizzy to the ground. I sat on her stomach.

“Say mercy,” I said.

“No!” she yelled. I placed my hands on her sides and began to tickle her, she was squealing and screaming as if I was about to murder her.

“So who won?”

“YOU! Y-YOU WO-N!” she screamed breathlessly. I smiled and let go of her. I got off of her and sat down on the sandy shore. After she regained herself, she sat up.

“Nana,” she said.

“Yes?”

“I hope we stay friends for a very long time,” she said holding my hand.

“Me too,” I said intertwining my fingers with hers.

I sat up on my bed. I hated it when I dreamt about my memories with Lizzy. All it did was cause me pain. I went downstairs and opened a bottle of liquor and poured a small amount into a glass cup. I took a sip and put it down. Lately I’ve been having dreams about all the time I spent with Lizzy. Tonight’s dream though caused me the most pain. I remembered that picnic on the beach like it was yesterday. I took another sip of my drink and walked toward the backyard. I sat on a lawn chair and checked my phone. Why do I have so many missed calls from Hyuna?! I dialed her number and called her back. Maybe she can take my mind off of Lizzy.

“NANA!” Hyuna yelled into the receiver when she picked up her phone.

“YAH! Why are you yelling?!” I yelled back.

“Sorry, but why weren’t you picking up your phone?” Hyuna asked.

“Uh…Are you dumb? You called me in the middle of the night obviously I’d be sleeping!”

“Well, guess what?!” she said changing the topic.

“What?” I asked taking another sip of my drink.

“Uee is going to confess to Juyeon!” she said excitedly.

“You’re kidding? Are you sure she’s not going to chicken out this time?”

“No, she’s serious about it. She’s at my house right now. Come over we need your help to come up with a plan.”

“A plan? Is this some sort of secret mission?” I said sarcastically.

“Just come!” Hyuna said and hung up.

I finished my drink and got up from the lawn chair. I walked back into the house and went upstairs to take a shower. As I was taking a shower all I could think about was my dream from last night. Thank god I woke up in the middle of it. I never want to see the end. I hope I don’t have another dream about Lizzy tonight. My thoughts soon changed to a few nights ago when I was at the club with Lizzy. I smiled to myself as I remembered dancing with her. I finished showering and changed. I decided to take my motorcycle today. No point in taking my car when I’m the only one going. I put on my helmet and got on the motorcycle. I started the engine and sped off to Hyuna’s house. As I parked my motorcycle in her driveway, Hyuna was already at the door. I took off my helmet and put a hand through my hair to fix it.

“Well hello there y,” Hyuna said flirtingly.

“Not in the mood,” I said as I passed by her while entering the house.

“Where’s Uee unnie?” I asked.

“In the kitchen,” she said.

We walked into the kitchen with Hyuna leading the way. Uee was sitting on a stool near the kitchen island.

“Uee unnie,” I cheerfully said and hugged her from behind.

“Hi Nana, I thought you weren’t going to come,” she pouted.

“Obviously I’d come unnie. I want to help you get Juyeon,” I said letting go of her.

“Good because Uee doesn’t know how to tell her,” Hyuna said.

“Well aren’t you just going to tell her ‘Juyeon I like you more than a friend’?” I asked her.

“It’s not that simple,” Uee protested.

“Just go hang out with her and tell her how you feel,” I said.

“What if she doesn’t feel the same way?” Uee asked quietly.

“I think she feels the same way. I’m good at this stuff I can tell when someone has feelings for someone,” Hyuna said proudly.

“You do? How do you know she feels the same way?” Uee asked.

“It’s obvious by the way she looks at you and talks to you,” Hyuna explained.

“Nana do you think so too?” Uee asked looking at me with her big brown eyes.

“Of course, I know Juyeon better than most people. I’m 100% sure she likes you unnie,” I said reassuringly.

“Now all we need is a plan,” Hyuna said.

“Easy just go out with her and tell her. Not that hard,” I said.

“Should I tell her today?”

“YES!” Hyuna and I yelled in unison.

“Okay, let me call her than to see if she’s busy. I’ll be right back,” she said exiting the room.

“I can’t believe she’s finally going to tell her! This is great,” Hyuna squealed jumping up and down.

“Chill, Hyuna. You can do that when she actually tells her,” I said. She rolled her eyes.

“Guys! Juyeon’s free today,” Uee informed us as she walked in the kitchen.

“Great, where are you guys hanging out?” I asked.

“We’re going to have coffee at Café Capitale at 5 p.m. I have to go home and figure out what to wear!”

“Good luck Uee unnie,” I said encouragingly.

“Uee unnie you’ll do great,” Hyuna said.

“Thanks guys, I’ll see you later,” she said and left.

“So Nana,” Hyuna turned to me instantly.

“What?” I looked up at her.

“I haven’t seen you since that day at the club,” she went on.

“Yeah.”

“Who was that cute girl you were dancing with?” she asked arching an eyebrow.

I felt my face heating up.

“What ‘cute’ girl?” I asked trying to sound oblivious.

“Oh don’t pretend like you don’t know who I’m talking about! The cute brunette you were dancing all y with,” she teased.

“Oh, she’s just an old friend,” I said quickly averting my eyes.

“You don’t dance with ‘friends’ like that,” she said narrowing her eyes at me.

“I danced with you like that,” I retorted.

“That’s different! We’re friends with benefits,” she said emphasizing the word ‘benefits’.

“You’re point?” I got up from the seat and was headed towards the door.

“Yah! Im Nana! Tell me who she is?!” she yelled.

“Why do you care?” I said turning around.

“What does she have that I don’t have?” Hyuna asked tears threatening to fall any second.

“She’s just an old friend Hyuna! Why don’t you believe me?!”

“The way you looked at her was totally different than how I’ve ever seen you look at others before. You never even looked at Yuri unnie in that way when you were dating!”

“Okay, I don’t have time for your bull ‘expertise’ on knowing people’s feelings. I’ve had enough of this,” I said harshly and left.

I hopped on my motorcycle and drove off. I did feel sorry towards her, but I really didn’t know how to respond to that.