Final Chapter

Just A Glimpse

Nana’s POV

I couldn’t fall asleep. My thoughts were swarming in my mind. I was nervous. Tomorrow is the day that I’m going to propose to Lizzy. What if something goes wrong? What if she says no? What if she says she’ll think about it? How do I prepare myself for rejection? I looked to my right. Lizzy was soundlessly sleeping beside me. I smiled. She looked so peaceful. I turned to my left to check the time. It was almost three in the morning. I sighed, as I got up from bed careful not to wake Lizzy. I walked into the living room and looked out the window. I had the box in my hand. I opened it up and inspected the ring. It was simple yet elegant. I’m sure Lizzy would like it. I closed the box. I couldn’t wait any longer. I needed to propose tonight.

Lizzy’s POV

“Lizzy-ah,” I heard someone say my name as they gently nudged me.

I groaned. “Go away.”

“Lizzy wake up,” she urged.

I slowly opened my heavy-lidded eyes. I groaned again.

“What time is it? What do you want?” I asked.

“It’s 3:30. I need to tell you something.”

“Why aren’t you asleep?”

“Lizzy listen to me,” she said as she held my hand. She sat on the floor cross-legged.

“I’m listening,” I said.

She took a deep breath.

“I have known you since I was sixteen. We quickly became best friends. I was happy that I had someone to tell all my secrets too, someone that listened to me, someone who was there for me, someone to make me laugh. But, one day you suddenly weren’t my best friend anymore. It felt like my world had crumbled down,” she looked down at our hands. I stared at her, why is she saying this?

She continued, “I thought I had lost you forever except we met again.” She smiled as she looked up at me. “We have been through so much together. You and I have fought our fair share of battles. I know I don’t tell you this a lot and I know that I should but I love you. I love how crazy your laugh is, I love it when you crinkle your nose when you don’t like something, I love your smile, I would do anything to make you smile. I love how you tease me sometimes as revenge for something stupid I said or did. I love how confident you are. You’re so smart, and funny, and brave and sweet. I could go on about how amazing you are except there aren’t enough words in the world to describe you.”

I smiled at her sweet words. There were tears clouding up my vision.

“Lizzy,” she said. I sat up on the edge of the bed. Our hands were intertwined. “I’m so happy that we met again, that we had a second chance. Not many people get second chances. I want to spend the rest of my days waking up to you beside me sleeping peacefully. I want to grow old with you and race in our wheelchairs and cause some trouble. I want to be there when you’re happy and jump up and down with you in joy. I want to hold you in my arms when you’re sad and comfort you. I want to love you endlessly for the rest of my life,” she paused as she let go of my hands and pulled out a tiny blue box from behind her.

I gasped and put my hands to my mouth. Is this really happening? My heartbeat quickened and I felt my face flush. She opened the box. There was a gorgeous ring shining inside it.

“Lizzy, will you marry me?” she asked.

My throat tightened. I couldn’t speak. I began to cry. I quickly nodded my head several times before I managed to say yes. She put the ring on my finger and I jumped on her. She laughed. She looked relieved. “Don’t cry,” she whispered as she wiped my tears and gently kissed my eyes. I looked at the beautiful woman under me. She was breathtaking. Our lips met and we kissed. It was the sweetest, most passionate, loving kiss that I had ever experienced. “I love you Im Nana,” I whispered as we parted. She looked me in the eyes. Her eyes were sparkling. “I love you too Park Lizzy,” she said. And this all started with just a glimpse that made my mind go crazy.


And here is the final chapter to Just A Glimpse. I really hope you all enjoyed this story. Thank you for everyone who read, subscribed, upvoted and commented. Since this is my first fanfiction it really makes me happy that people actually like it. Your comments would make my day sometimes, I loved reading them. I will reply back to all your comments this time since it is the final update :) Please look forward to updates for my other fanfictions and new stories in the future. I love you guys <3