Chapter 3 (Past)

Just A Glimpse

The next morning I woke up in a joyous mood. I felt like I could fly. I jumped out of my bed and quickly got ready for school. Nana…Nana…Nana. That name did not leave my mind for a second. I was excited to see her because for once I actually had a friend to talk to in school. I ran downstairs, put on my shoes and walked to the bus stop. As I was waiting for the bus I took out my iPod and placed the earphones in my ears. I put my iPod on shuffle and relaxed to the sound of the music. The bus came to a stop and I hopped on. I walked toward the back and sat down. I looked out the window lost in my music and my thoughts. I imagined Nana half-. That image of her gorgeous body can’t get out of my head! Why must I be like this? I sighed as I got off the bus. I walked down the pathway that lead up to the school. I took a deep breath, climbed up the steps, opened the doors and entered. There were students running through the hallways, rushing to class, gossiping in little circles with their friends, it was as loud as a jungle. I walked through the large crowd of students, heading toward my locker. I saw a familiar figure near my locker. Her back was facing toward me. It was Nana. I smiled devilishly. I snuck over to her quietly and grabbed her shoulders and screamed into her ear. She jumped and screamed. I was laughing so hard. Her face was hilarious.

“Yah! Lizzy unnie, you scared me half to death!” she yelled.

“Sorry, it was too hard to resist,” I said playfully hitting her.

She rolled her eyes and smiled.

I opened my locker and grabbed my books. I looked over to see Nana leaning against the locker, staring at me with the same eyes that searched me the day before. My heart almost skipped a beat. She looked terrifyingly beautiful. I can tell she was completely zoned out because she did not avert her eyes even for a second. I was about to poke her cheek when her hand grabbed my arm. She pouted.

“What’s wrong?” I asked shocked by her strong grip on my arm.

“Ever since we met yesterday, I’ve felt like I’ve seen you somewhere before. You seem so familiar. I’ve been trying to figure it out but I can’t seem to remember,” she said.

“Really? But I’ve never seen you before in my life!”

“Maybe I’m wrong then,” she mumbled. She smiled and let go of my arm.

“Should we head to class?” I asked.

She nodded and we started towards our class. We had different classes first period but they were in the same hallway. We waved goodbye and I walked inside my classroom. I fell asleep in class, as usual. I woke up to the sound of the bell and I quickly got up, wiped the drool off my face and ran out the classroom.

“Were you sleeping?” Nana asked narrowing her eyes at me.

“No…”

“I saw you sleeping when I peeked into your class. You little liar,” she said teasingly.

“I was sleepy,” I said sheepishly.

“You better not fall asleep during this period either,” she said sitting down in her seat.

I sat down beside her. When I walked into the room Tiffany gave me the biggest death glare I have ever seen in my life. Definitely staying away from her…Class was boring as usual. I tried my best not to fall asleep because Nana would yell at me if I did. Finally, the bell went off signaling for lunch. Nana and I walked out of the room and down the hallway to the cafeteria.

“Do you want to go out for lunch?” Nana asked me.

“Sure.” I said with a grin.

“The cafeteria food doesn’t look appealing and I forgot my lunch today. Plus I know this really great restaurant!” She said excitedly.

“Awesome! What kind of food do they have?” I asked.

“It’s Korean and Japanese so there’s sushi too if you like sushi,” she answered.

“Sounds good to me!”

We got our coats and put on our scarves and mittens. It was cold outside. It hadn’t snowed the first snow fall yet though. We walked out of the school and started walking toward the restaurant. It was a ten minute walk from the school.

“It’s s-so c-cold,” Nana mumbled under her breath.

“I k-know. How much f-farther until we get t-there,” I stuttered.

“Two more m-minutes.”

It was freezing. Nana looked even colder than me. Her nose was as red as Rudolph’s and her ears were pink as well. She didn’t have a hat or ear muffs so I gave her my ear muffs since I had a hood. She mouthed ‘thank you’. We finally got to the restaurant. I opened the door and held it open for Nana. A gust of warm air surrounded us instantly. We both smiled as the atmosphere warmed us up. A waitress came up to us as we entered the restaurant.

“Nana, don’t you have school?” the waitress asked Nana.

“I’m on lunch Omma,” she rolled her eyes.

Oh, so that’s her mother?

“Omma this is my friend Lizzy, Lizzy unnie this is my mother,” Nana said introducing us.

I bowed and her mother smiled. Her eyes became like crescent moons. She was very pretty. We sat down at a table and Nana’s mom gave us the menus.

“Tell me when you’re ready,” she smiled and walked off.

“How do you know this place?” I asked.

Nana glanced at me briefly. “My mother owns it.”

“Wow that’s so cool! So it’s a family restaurant?” I asked.

“Yes,” she said looking at the menu.

“YAH! Im Nana! Shouldn’t you be in school?!” A voice yelled out of nowhere.

Nana rolled her eyes. “I’m on lunch.”

I looked at the figure approaching our table. Her figure was perfect! She was gorgeous and she looked so young.

“Lizzy unnie, this is my mother,” Nana said introducing us.

“H-Hello,” I stuttered. Her mother?! Wait…I thought the other lady was her mother? “Hello Lizzy. I’ve heard quite a lot about you,” she said smiling as if she was keeping a secret.

Nana glared at her and her mother laughed.

“Are you girls ready to order?” Nana’s other mother walked back and asked.

I stared confusedly. Nana smirked. “What’s wrong? Confused that I have two mothers unnie?”

I blinked. “Y-yes.”

“Well if this makes things easier you can call us by our first names. I’m Kahi and this is my wife Jungah,” she smiled politely.

I nodded my head, still confused. Kahi and Jungah took our orders and walked off. I stared at Nana.

“Are you weirded out?” Nana asked.

“No, no of course not!” I said defensively.

“Why do you look so confused then?” she asked.

“How did they have you because they’re both women?” I whispered.

Nana burst out laughing. She couldn’t stop. It felt like ages until she finally got a hold of herself.

“What’s so funny?” I asked confused at her random burst of laughter.

“You’re so silly unnie! Of course two women can’t produce a child. I’m adopted,” she said out of breath from laughing.

“Oh, that makes more sense. Sorry about that,” I said my face burning up.

“Not a problem, it’s not like you see this kind of stuff a lot anyway.”

Our food finally came. It was steaming hot. We ate quickly because lunch was almost over. We finished our food and said goodbye to Nana’s parents and left the restaurant. It was still freezing cold outside. I felt like there were icicles hanging down my nose. We began running halfway because we realized the bell had already rung for class. We quickly went inside the school and towards our lockers. I put my coat away. My hands felt like ice, they were red. Nana stared and she grabbed my hands into hers. Her hands were nice and warm, not to mention they were also very soft. I blushed and said thank you. She let go of my hands and we walked to class. The teacher yelled at us for being late and we had to stay back for half an hour after school.

“Well this !” I yelled since Nana and I were the only ones in the classroom.

“Sorry unnie, I’m the one who made us late to class,” she pouted.

“No, I enjoyed our lunch today. It was better than staying at school. So don’t worry it’s not your fault,” I smiled reassuring her.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it,” she smiled.

“It was nice seeing your family’s restaurant and meeting your parents. They seem really nice,” I said.

“Thank you. It means a lot that you didn’t judge me for having two mothers,” Nana said.

“I’m not that type of person to judge about that stuff.”

She smiled and walked on over to me. She pulled me into a hug. That hug was my favourite part of the day. She smelled sweet just like candies. We let go and she stared at me.

“What is it?” I asked curious as to why she was staring at me.

“I swear I’ve seen you somewhere before. It’s killing me that I can’t figure it out,” she said staring me down.

“I don’t know, I have never seen you before in my life,” I said.

She continued staring at me; she looked like she was deep in thought.

“Oh my god, I remember you!” she exclaimed.


Sorry for the slow updates! I've been either busy with other stuff or extremely lazy! Thank you for subscribing! :D And thank you for your nice comments ^^ Just to let you all know that this chapter is a continuation of chapter 1 and that chapter 2 was from a meeting of Lizzy and Nana in the future. So one chapter will be past and another will be the future. Hopefully it doesn't confuse anyone! ^^'