Chapter 16

Just A Glimpse

Nana’s POV

I walked up to Hyuna’s door and rang the doorbell. I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t open it. I waited there for a good 5 minutes before I rang the doorbell again. I heard footsteps come down the stairs from inside. Hyuna opened the door.

“What do you want?” she said.

“I came here to apologize to you. It was very rude of me to get angry with you over something like that. I’m so sorry,” I apologized.

“Come inside,” she sighed.

I went inside and we walked to her living room and sat on the couch.

“I forgive you,” she said, “but I want you to be honest with me. What is that girl to you?”

I was silent for a while until I finally responded, “Her name is Park Lizzy. I’ve known her since I was 16 years old. We were really good friends. I started to have feelings for her. I told her one day and she yelled at me. Ever since that day we haven’t talked until recently. I’ve seen her a few times. I still have feelings for her, I thought they would’ve went away by now.”

“So does she like you back? She seemed like she did when you were dancing at the club,” Hyuna said.

“It’s complicated,” I replied.

“What does that mean?” she asked.

“She has a boyfriend who she loves,” I said.

“So she’s straight?”

“No, I think she likes both genders because she told me she has feelings for me.”

“Wait so she loves her boyfriend and has feelings for you?”

“Yes,” I said.

“Do you want to be with her?” she asked.

“As in a relationship?”

She nodded.

“Yes, I do,” I said.

“Then make her fall head over heels for you,” Hyuna said.

“She has a boyfriend,” I emphasized.

“So? When has that ever stopped you from getting someone you want?”

“That’s true,” I said.

“All you have to do is hangout with her more, be charming and sweet and she’ll be yours in no time,” Hyuna advised.

I smiled at my friend. I felt sorry for her. I knew how she felt about me and she was still helping me get Lizzy.

“Thank you Hyuna,” I said as I got up and pecked her on the lips.

She blushed.

“If you need help with anything you can come to me,” she said.

I was about to leave but when I opened the door Uee was standing there.

“Unnie,” I said surprised.

“I confessed to her,” Uee said.

“What happened?!” Hyuna exclaimed.

Uee came inside and we went to the living room and sat on the couch.

“So what happened?” I asked.

Uee stared at us seriously until she burst out laughing.

“What the hell?” Hyuna said.

We were both confused.

“Why are you laughing unnie?” I asked.

“I was trying to trick you guys into thinking she rejected me except that didn’t last long,” Uee explained once she calmed down.

“So she didn’t reject you?” I said.

“She likes me back,” she said happily grinning from ear-to-ear.

“Oh my god that’s great!” I said and hugged her.

“YAY! UEE UNNIE I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT! I TOLD YOU!” Hyuna squealed and jumped on Uee and me.

“YAH GET OFF!” I yelled.

Hyuna got off of us.

“Thanks guys for everything. I wouldn’t have been able to tell her if it wasn’t for you,” Uee said sincerely.

“It was nothing,” I said.

“So now what? Are you and Juyeon dating?” Hyuna said excitedly.

“Yes, our first official date is on Friday,” Uee said.

“Awh that’s cute, what’re you guys going to do?” I asked.

“Dinner and movie, the usual cheesy first date,” she giggled.

“I hope you guys have fun,” I said.

“Wear something y unnie,” Hyuna said.

“Yah! Hyuna it’s a first date!” Uee said playfully hitting Hyuna on her arm.

“I’m just trying to help,” Hyuna pouted.

“I know,” Uee said patting Hyuna’s head.

“Did you hear? Nana has a new girl,” Hyuna smirked.

“What?! You’re dating someone,” Uee said surprised.

I glared at Hyuna. “No.”

“She likes this girl,” Hyuna said.

“Oh the one from the club?” Uee asked.

Wow I guess they all noticed.

“Yeah, her…” I said.

“Awh she looked really cute. Are you going to go for her?” Uee asked.

“Yeah as soon as I get her boyfriend out of the picture,” I replied.

“She has a boyfriend?! How are you going to date her?” Uee asked.

“Easy, I make her fall in love with me,” I said smiling at her charmingly and winked.

“Okay there Casanova,” Uee teased.

We sat there and talked for a few hours until I decided to leave. I said goodbye to Hyuna and Uee and hopped on my motorcycle. I drove to a park near my house. I parked my motorcycle and headed for the swings. I was about to go on them until I heard people yelling nearby. Obviously I was curious so I decided to see what was going on. I walked along the park’s pathway until I saw a couple fighting near a bench. I couldn’t tell who it was because it was dark outside and I was hiding behind a bush.

“What’s wrong with you lately?” I heard a man’s voice say.

“What do you mean?” I heard a girl say. Her voice sounded oddly familiar.

“I saw you at the beach today with that girl you danced with at the bar,” he said.

“Were you spying on me?” the girl accused.

“Yeah I was. Am I not aloud too?” he questioned her.

“You don’t trust me?” she said shocked.

“I do, it’s just I don’t want you near her,” he said.

“Why? You clearly didn’t have a problem with her when we were at the club. I swear if I wasn’t there you’d probably have hit on her,” she said angrily.

There was silence. I looked up and I saw her shake her head and walk away.

“Babe, come back,” he yelled. But the girl kept walking.

the guy is coming my way. I looked over and he looked so familiar. Where have I seen him before? I got up and went back to the park. I sat on a swing and swung for a bit. I heard footsteps behind me after fifteen minutes.

“Nana?” I heard a voice say.