Chapter 23

Just A Glimpse

Nana’s POV

*Beep…beep…beep…beep beep…beep beep* What is that annoying noise? I lazily turned my body and slammed my hand on my alarm clock. I groaned. It was 7 a.m. My parents were coming back from their vacation to Bali today. I have to pick them up at the airport in two hours. I was about to drift back to sleep when my alarm started beeping again. I guess I pressed the snooze button instead of turning it off. I turned off my alarm and got out of bed. I went to the bathroom while I was half-asleep. I could barely open my eyes. I never wake up this early, not even for work. I made sure that my schedule for work was in the afternoons rather than the mornings. I’m just not a morning person. I was brushing my teeth when my cellphone began to ring. I walked over to my bed and picked up my phone while I was brushing my teeth.

“Hello?” I answered.

“How was it?!” the voice on the other end asked.

I walked to the bathroom and spit into the sink.

“Hyuna, why are you up so early?” I asked.

“Because unlike you Miss Lazy, I like to get up in the mornings,” she said.

I rolled my eyes.

“So, how was your date with Lizzy?” she asked.

I smiled. “It was perfect. I know that sounds totally cliché but it honestly was perfect.”

“Aw, I’m so glad you had a perfect date with her.”

“Thank you,” I said. I could feel my cheeks burning up.

“Why are you up so early?” she asked.

“Oh, my parents are coming back from Bali. I have to pick them up from the airport soon,” I explained.

“Well, tell them I say hi. I’m going to go now. Talk to you later.”

“Bye.”

I hung up the phone and threw it back on my bed. I walked into the bathroom and properly rinsed my mouth from the toothpaste before I got dressed. I couldn’t wait to see my parents. It’s been so long. I opened up my closet door and put on a pair of sweat pants and a sweater. I tied my hair into a bun and went downstairs to my kitchen to grab something to eat. I decided to make myself a smoothie. I grabbed a couple bananas and a small container of strawberries. I put the strawberries into the blender. I peeled the bananas and put them in there as well. I opened the fridge to get the milk out so I could pour it in the blender. I clicked the button and waited for the fruit to blend. I pulled out my phone to text Lizzy.

Good morning Lizzy-ah

I placed my phone on the counter and stopped the blender. I grabbed a glass from my cupboard and poured the smoothie in it. I took a sip. Mmm, it’s so fruity and nice. I heard my phone beep. I slid it open to see the message.

Good morning Nana! You’re up early- Lizzy

Yeah, I have to pick up my parents at the airport-Nana

Tell them I say hi ^^- Lizzy

I will :) How are you?- Nana

I’m good. I have my audition for a commercial today. I’m kind of nervous- Lizzy

You’ll do great don’t worry! Good luck :D Tell me how it goes- Nana

Thank you <3- Lizzy

I checked the clock. It was 8:30. I guess I should go now. By the time I get there it’ll be 9. I chugged the rest of my smoothie, grabbed my keys and left the house. I drove to the airport while blasting the radio. I always need music in the car. Since it was the morning there wasn’t any traffic. I parked my car and walked inside the airport. I sat down in the waiting area. Their plane already landed. They should be out soon. I played some games on my phone to pass the time.

“Nana!” I heard a voice call my name.

I looked up to see omma and appa waving at me.

“Omma, Appa!” I got up from my seat and walked over to them.

They both embraced me in a very tight hug.

“Guys, I can’t breathe,” I said clenching my teeth.

They both laughed and let go of me.

“It’s so good to see you,” Omma said.

“It’s good to see you too. How was your trip?” I asked as I grabbed the trolley which had their bags on them.

“It was great! Bali is a wonderful place. It’s so calm and relaxing,” Omma replied.

“Yeah, we had a lot of fun in the hotel as well,” Appa mentioned.

“Ew, god I don’t need to know what you did in the hotel,” I complained.

“Don’t mind your appa dear.”

We walked to my car and Appa and I put the bags in the trunk while Omma sat in the car. I put the trolley back inside and got in the car.

“Are we all set to go?” I asked.

“Yes,” they both replied.

We drove back to their house. Their house wasn’t that far away from mine. I pulled up in the driveway. We grabbed the bags and went inside.

“It’s good to be home,” Appa said as she stepped inside.

“So Nana tell us how was it while we were away?” Omma asked.

“The usual, work and friends,” I replied.

“What about your love life?” Omma asked.

“Yeah are you finally dating Hyuna?” Appa asked.

“Oh, well this will probably surprise you. Not too long ago, I met Lizzy again at the mall and we started talking again and now we’re dating.” I stared at them and slightly smiled.

“Wow. I wasn’t expecting that,” Omma said surprised.

“Did you guys work things out?” Appa asked.

“Yes, it took a while but in the end we worked things out.”

“I’m glad you two are dating,” Omma said giving me her infamous eye smile.

“Our Nana is finally with Lizzy, how adorable,” Appa teased.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at the two of them.

“I really missed you guys.”