Chapter 2

Super Maid & The 13 Dorks

 

"WHAT?! YOU'RE KIDDING!!" Meela screeched.

"Yeah, can you believe it...?" I scratched my head. She was overjoyed a few seconds ago when I told her I got the job. "And I have to move out tomorrow."

"But that's less than 24 hours for us to spend together!" she wailed. "Doooon't leaaaavee meeeeeeee!"

"Girl, I'm still gonna see you. I'll just have to see when I'm free... Besides, we have the whole night to ourselves!" I remembered the festival.

"Well... Okay, I guess. At least that maid outfit is cute," she pointed. "You really have to wear that every day?"

"...Don't remind me," I groaned. I threw the costume back into the box and put it in the corner of my room. I changed out of my "business attire" and into a pair of pink flowy shorts and a white t-shirt before we left for the festival.

*                            *                            *

Obviously, I tackled the boong-uh-bbang stand first. Two chocolate-filled fishies were in my hands as I skipped over to Meela looking like a happy child.

"You're gonna get fat if you eat that much," she teased and stole one of my fish. She stuffed it in before I could protest.

"Hey!" I yelled.

"I'm Mr. Simple," a voice half-sang as I chased Meela into a crowd. Suddenly, music blasted from the speakers and lights started flashing. The group of girls behind me let out a squeal that could make the world go deaf. That's when I saw the stage. There were 10... No, 11... Yah, stop moving! There were 10 guys dancing in sync to the music.

One of the guys brought his microphone up to his lips... "You can’t get mad that the world doesn’t go your way~ You don't need to~"

"Stop worrying over little things, it’s not good for your health~" the tallest one sang. He was as beautiful as... 5 hot chocolate-filled boong-uh-bbangs on a cold winter day. Pfft, what am I doing comparing people to food.

"Grades go up and down, that’s just how it is~! Performances go up and down, it happens all the time~" sang the one wearing shades.

"Sometimes it’s okay to just chill and take a break~ ‘Cause there’s always the right time for everything~"

"Why does this song make so much sense," Meela turned to me, wide-eyed.

I laughed at her reaction. This must be the boy band she was talking about. The crowd started chanting something that sounded like "Shooooper joooo-neee-urrrr." I stood there like a lost penguin and looked around. Come to think of it, this is where more than half of the people at the festival gathered.

"Wow, I want a Mr. Simple," Meela said dreamily. She must've been brainwashed by the performance. "Lemme get that one," she pointed at the one in the shades with a smirk. I thought he was kinda freaky. But then again, Meela had a thing for freaky people.

Before the crowd even finished cheering, a different song started playing. This time, a cheerful and upbeat melody...

"There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that, where else to look for~? A good person like you, a good person like you, with a good heart like you, a gift as great as you~"

"How lucky that I’m the person who will try his hard to protect you, where else to look for~? A happy guy like me, a happy guy like me, the guy with the happiest smile like me~" sang a mysterious figure.

He stepped into the spotlight and gave the audience a dazzling smile. His black hair fell into his eyes as he danced a step closer. But forget about his appearance! That boy had the most beautiful voice I've ever heard in my entire 19 years, 5 months, and 23 days of living... His voice made me feel all warm inside.

 "Your two warm hands gets cold when I'm cold~ Your heart that used to be strong becomes sensitive when I'm hurt~" the shortest one sang.

"Take my hands silently, hold me silently, I'm only wishing for such little comforts~ You don't know my heart that wanted to do more just for you~" 

"Call out my heart, free my soul~ It always felt like the first time, these remaining days are more than the time that I came to love you~" The boy had a smooth, velvety voice. Almost like the other one!

"There's no one like you, even if I look around it's just like that, where else to look for~?" This time it was Meela's "Mr. Simple" guy.

It's been a while since I've heard a song like this. Something so sweet and loving. This song is definitely going onto my download list.

"Mina! Let's go get henna tattoos!" Meela gasped excitedly. She took a hold of my hand and started pulling me.

"Waaaiiiit, I wanna watch this!" I kept my feet on the ground. I stared at the guy who was still singing. For a moment, I felt something funny in my stomach... It's probably the boong-uh-bbang.

"A good person like you, a good person like you, with a good heart like you, a gift as great as you~" He took off his shades - in what seemed like slow motion - to reveal a strong pair of eyes staring directly at me.

Still dancing to the music, he kept his gaze on me. Then that funny feeling came back... It felt like some weird rippling effect coming from my stomach and spreading all over, giving me the goosebumps. O.o

There was a hard pull on my arm.

"Yah, Mina! Why'd you get so warm all of a sudden?" Meela exclaimed.

"Eh? Warm?" I touched my cheek and turned away from the stage.

She stared at me suspiciously before yelling again. "HENNA TATTOOS!"

I gave in a let her drag me towards the stand. For the next 45 minutes, we had our tattoos done and waited for them to dry. Meela got three butterflies on her shoulder blade, which I thought was pretty cute. And in memory of the song I never got to finish listening to, I got a music note on my wrist. A treble clef with a bass clef forming a heart, to be exact. Waaah, I don't even know the song name! I won't be able to download it if I don't know the song name... T_T

"That'll be 5785 won, please," the artist said. As I pulled out my money, a flock of people came our way, screaming and shouting. The 10 performers from earlier walked past us and squeezed through the crowd blocking their way.

"Oppa~! Heechul oppa~!" a fan-girl screamed. One of them turned around with a smirk. He had his sunglasses on again. What's the point of sunglasses when it's 9:47pm and the sun is on the other side of the world?

"Mina, it's those Mr. Simple guys!" Meela exclaimed.

She started imitating their dance from earlier. I giggled at her attempt and turned to see that Heechul guy staring in amusement. Aish... At times like this, she decides to be a weirdo. He turned away and continued walking through the crowd with his band members.

"Holy crap, he saw me, Mina!" she squealed. I was unsure if it was excitement or embarassment. "It's 9:50pm now, you wanna head home?" she asked, emphasizing the word home.

"Oh yeah. I forgot I have to start packing," I replied.

I'm gonna miss this. How am I going to stand being away from my best - and only - friend? It's just a 15-minute walk from our apartment to the SM Dorms, but it's not the same as just being on different floors. I won't have anyone to visit in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Or anyone to talk to before going to bed. Someone I can cook lunch and eat dinner with everyday. I hated the thought of not being able to see Meela as often after this...

The clerance of my apartment started when I stepped through the door... As I was stuffing the last of my clothes into a suitcase, I noticed the photo album on my desk. Not bothering to look through it, I tossed it into suitcase. An old photo slipped out from one of the pages.

A family happily smiling as the first snowflake falls on Christmas day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, readers~!

I completed my second chapter! :D

The next chapter is when Super Junior starts coming in, so stay tuned! :)