Chapter 43

Super Maid & The 13 Dorks

December 29th. Dinner number four... Ramen??

 

"THIRTY MINUTES, I KNOW!!" Heechul yelled as soon as he opened the door into the dorm.

"You're on point today!" I praised him.

"But wait... You're not all dressed up today," Heechul noticed. "Where are we going?"

"Ummm..." I honestly don't know what I want to eat today... "Just put on whatever you want. I'll figure it out."

"You better figure it out by the time I come back out," he said.

"I will, I will..."

 

Now what do I want to eat...? I've had French, Italian, and seafood already. Those dinners were pretty expensive. Now what other places are expensive?

 

"Well?" Heechul's voice interrupted my train of thought.

"Why are you out already? It's only been five minutes."

"You told me to throw on whatever, so I did," he said.

He was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt with black jeans and some really nice shoes that complimented his whole outfit. Around his neck was the purple scarf that I gave him for Christmas.

"Oh..."

"What?" he raised an eyebrow.

"That scarf."

"This?" he grabbed at it. "It's not like I was just gonna leave it in the corner of my room. Was that what you were expecting?"

"Kind of," I responded.

"I'm not that mean... Besides, I like it."

"You do?" my eyes lit up. I wasn't supposed to get excited... Calm down, Mina. Calm down.

"Yeah. It's really soft. And it'll keep me warmer than that whole outfit of yours ever will."

"Whaaaa?" I looked down at my clothes. I was wearing a black over-sized hoodie with white skinnies. It was the opposite of what Heechul was wearing. "This will most definitely keep me warm and toasty, thank you very much!"

"If you say sooooo..."

"It's not even snowing here yet!"

"I know... It's weird, cause it always snows before Christmas in Seoul."

"Same in Busan," I said.

"Did you pick a place yet? You were supposed to pick a place before I came home!"

"Okay, okay, okay! I'm thinking!"

"THINK HARDER!"

"Ummmm... Ermm..."

"Uhhh?"

"Uhhh... UHHHHHHH, RAMEN!!"

 

*                          *                          *

"It's my lucky day," Heechul snickered.

"Hmph," I pouted. I was actually kinda craving ramen today. But I coulda made that myself!

"A large tonkotsu, extra spicy for me, and a small miso, less spicy and extra chicken for the lady, please," Heechul ordered.

"How'd you know I wanted extra chicken?" I murmured. I only told him that I wanted it to be less spicy.

"I know you quite well, don't I?" he grinned.

"Stalker."

"We live in the same dorm, potato head."

"Then how come I don't know what you like?" I fought.

"Well that's a shame. You're supposed to be our assistant manager and you don't know what we like."

"Yes I do! I know that Sungmin likes pink, Kyuhyun likes games, Eunhyuk likes strawberry milk, Zhou Mi likes shopping, and Henry likes lychee!"

"But what do I like?"

"Err..." What does Heechul like...? "Cats?"

"I love Heebum, but that's not it."

"I don't know!" I gave up.

"Looks like I pay a whole lot more attention to you than you pay attention to me," he chuckled.

'Why would I be paying attention to you?" I narrowed my eyes at him. But then again, why would he be paying attention to me?

"Because I'm soooo handsome that I'm considered pretty," he boasted.

"No," I simply ended the conversation.

 

Our ramen was finally set in front of us. The aroma had me digging in before Heechul even got his chopsticks ready.

"Fatty," he teased.

"Be quiet," I talked with a mouthful of ramen.

"Ewww, what happened to your table manners?"

"I got hungry."

"Aigo, you're such a pig," he laughed at my response.

I ignored him as I continued eating my ramen. I was already starting to feel fat. I'm glad we walked all the way here from our dorm. I'll be burning these calories off on the way back.

I finished my ramen before Heechul did. One, because I had a much smaller bowl, and two, I was hungry. But it didn't take him too long to finish after I did.

He left a tip and we hopped off our stools to begin the journey back to the dorm. But instead of heading in the direction of the dorms, he went the other way.

"Where are you going?" I caught up to him.

"I was just thinking... I did promise you expensive dinners. And it wouldn't be fair to just eat ramen and call it a day, since it's not even worth one-tenth of our other meals."

Aw, he's actually playing fair... "So what's your plan?" I asked.

"We can keep waking down there and see what else there is," he pointed down the street.

"Okay," I agreed.

 

It was like we were in Japan again. There were tons of street vendors selling food. Some were selling other stuff, like accessories, plushies, or phone cases.

I love the way the street lights shine down on the sidewalks and the way the city lights just light up the whole area. I love the night-life in Seoul.

 

"I want dango," I poked my lips out and blinked at the vendor selling dango.

"Yes ma'am," he went over to buy me my dango.

I finished the kabob in five bites and quickly searched for the next vendor.

 

"I want ddukbokki," I stared at the vendor across the street.

"Arrasso," Heechul crossed the street to get me my ddukbokki.

I ate it, withstanding the spiciness, as I continued walking to find the next food going in my mouth.

 

"Oh, I want kimbap," I said. "And Takoyaki," I added.

"Okay, okay," Heechul went to fill my orders.

This was actually kinda fun. Getting food AND making Heechul do stuff for me.

 

"Aren't you full yet?" Heechul raised an eyebrow.

"Hmmm... After I get a cup of hot milk. Sweet," I flashed a cheesy smile.

"Okay..." he went and got my drink for me.

 

"This is great," I sighed.

"I can see that..."

 

It felt even more like Japan as we kept walking down the street. We passed by arcades and clubs. And I swear I heard a Super Junior song play in one of the clubs. I kinda wanted to go in one of the arcades...

"Heechul," I looked to my right, but he wasn't there. "Heechul?"

"Right here!" he came from behind me, sounding like he was catching his breath.

"Where'd you go?" I asked, confused.

Instead of answering, he held out the best thing in the world in front of me.

"Omo, boog-uh-bbang!" I got excited.

"I know you too well, don't I?" he smiled.

"Yes! Thank you!" I exclaimed.

I was so happy that I was just about to hug him. Luckily, I backed out before I actually did it. Unfortunately, he noticed that I backed out instead of hugging him.

Awkward...

"I think I deserved that hug," he pouted.

"Gee, since when did you start acting like Sungmin?"

"It's not fair... You're nice to everyone except me," he frowned.

For a second, I thought I saw hurt in his eyes. It made me feel guilty inside, but I didn't know how to respond to that. Why did I treat everyone nicer than I treat him? It must be because he treats me bad too, right? But lately, he's been nicer to me. I mean, even after our bet ended. Maybe it was my first impression of him... When we first met. We didn't have such a good start. How did we end up here? Now that I think about it, we've had so many ups and downs. Maybe we have that love and hate relationship.

I gave in and proceeded to wrap my arms around him. He did the same, squeezing me tight. I laid my head against the scarf around his neck. Wow, it really is warm and fluffy. Even in this super cold weather...

"Is this what it's like to have a girlfriend?" Heechul chuckled.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my voice muffled by his scarf.

"To have dinner together every evening, walk in the city at night, buy her everything she wants, and share long, warm hugs in the middle of the street?" he laughed.

"Who said I was your girlfriend?"

"I didn't say you were... I was just asking."

"Well... If my boyfriend took me out for dinner every night and bought me anything I wanted, I would feel like a spoiled little kid."

"But you like to be spoiled, don't you?"

"Only when I really need it. Otherwise, I'd feel bad," I admitted.

"Why are you still hugging me?"

It took me a moment to realize that his arms weren't around me anymore. But I was still holding onto him... "I-It's cold," I blushed, backing away.

"I told you that your outfit wasn't gonna keep you warm," Heechul scolded. He took off his scarf and put it around my neck.

"Wait, what are you doing?"

"You need it more than I do," Heechul replied, tying the scarf into a bow.

"No, I'm wearing a hoodie. You're just wearing a shirt! You're gonna get sick! Then you won't be able to go to work! Or perform! What if you et a sore throat and won't be able to sing? Then your fans will get mad at me!" I vented.

"Aw, it's nice that you care so much about my well being."

"I'm your temporary assistant manager. I'm supposed to care..."

"You didn't start caring until now. What changed that?"

"I don't know." My feelings of hate for you have changed into... "Oh, a claw machine!"

"You have the attention span of a squirrel," Heechul laughed.

"I want that kitty," I pointed at the blue cat plush. "How much is it to play?"

"1,000 won," Heechul said.

I haven't started eating the boong-uh-bbang in my hand yet.  Hmm... "Wanna make a bet?" I smirked.

"What is it?"

"If I finish this boong-uh-bbang before you get that kitty for me, you'll give me a piggyback ride home?" I bet.

"No way, we've walked further than you think!"

"Okay, from the ramen stand to the dorms then!"

"Fine. But if I win... I want you to draw a mustache on yourself and take a picture with me for my Twitter," he stated. The evil in him never went anywhere...

"Okay, deal," we shook on it.

"Ready?" he took a bill out of his wallet. "Go!"

Nom nom nom nom nom. As much as I love boon-uh-bbang, I was kinda full... I felt as if my stomaach was gonna explode.

"Dang! Almost had it!" Heechul slammed his hand down on the machine. He took another bill out of his wallet and tried again.

I was halfway through with mine when the claw had the kitty in it's grip. But it fell on the way to the drop box.

A few more bites...

He's on his 5th try.

And I...

"Finished!" I exclaimed.

"Huh?" Heechul turned around. The seconds on his clock ticked and he ran out of time. The claw lowered where he stopped and grabbed at the kitty's ear.

"You heard me," I grinned. "You owe me a piggyback ride!"

"Whatever," he inserted another 1,000 won.

"You're still playing?"

"I'm not giving up until I get that cat," he said determinedly.

 

*20 minutes later*

 

"This thing is rigged!" Heechul exclaimed. "The claw is way too small to grab the kitten!"

"Heechul, how much did you spend?!"

"I'm not sure, but this is my last single," he pulled out the one bill.

"You could've bought ten of those kittens at the store with the money you spent on this machine! Come on!" I pulled on the sleeve of his shirt.

He wouldn't budge. "Hold on, one more try!"

"Come onnnn, save that 1,000 won!"

"Nooo, just one more!" He was acting like a little kid. It was kinda cute.

"Fine, hurry up. It's getting colder," I shivered.

"Close your eyes," Heechul told me.

"For what?"

"For good luck," he smiled.

"Okay, like that's gonna work..." I closed my eyes anyways. I heard the sound of the machine eating the money, then starting up. "What's the time?"

"45 seconds," he responded. "43... 42... 41..." he counted down.

"Hurry up," I rushed him.

"35... 34... 33..."

"18, 17, 16, 15, 14," I bashed.

"It's only on 24," Heechul laughed.

"Come onnnnn!"

"21..."

"I'm opening my eyes on 15."

"17... 16..."

 

I opened my eyes.

 

 

Heechul stood in front of me holding the kitty in his hands.

 

 

I blinked, confused. How'd he get it? He had 15 seconds left... He didn't even take his time?

"I'm awesome, right?" he flashed a smile.

 

*                          *                          *

"We're... Finally... HOME!" Heechul puffed.

The guys on the couch stared at us as I came into the dorm on Heechul's back.

"Of course, the media would think you guys are dating!!" Eunhyuk exclaimed.

"Huh?"

"You two are dating?" Donghae pouted, giving me his sad puppy eyes.

"WHAT, NO!!" we both shouted in unison, backing away from each other.

"But the scandal sa-"

"SCANDAL?" I ran to the TV to see what was going on.

Apparently, we got photographed on our second dinner at the Italian restaurant. They mentioned the couple discount and the pasta we shared. And even caught the lipstick stain on his collar. Gee, who actually has the time to do all this??

And weren't we talking about scandals the other day? De ja vu...

"Are they really dating? And will the fans support their relationship? Again, this IS the girl who saved his life," the news anchor said.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO," I jumped in front of the TV screen. "It's not true, you guys!"

"Don't worry about it," Heechul calmly said. How could he be so calm right now?? "I don't know how news spread so fast, but I was actually asked about this while we were filming on Star King today."

"What, really? And what did you say?" I hope he didn't say anything stupid.

"The episode won't air until tomorrow, but I already explained the bet to them."

"Omo, thank goodness!"

I threw myself onto Heechul and gave him a big big big hug. How many times have we hugged already? I hope this isn't going to become a habit.

I'm glad he's taking care of business. This is how a real man should be.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 44 PREVIEW:

"Is it alright if we go out with a close friend of mine tonight? I kind of made plans with him already."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina, do you not see all the hints that Heechul's dropping?? *rips hair out* Boyfriend told me I'd be single if I cut my hair, so lemme stop that.

We have a special guest coming in next chapter! Guess who it is! Correct guess gets brownie points! Comment your guess down below! :D