Chapter 36

Super Maid & The 13 Dorks

 

 

"Fall in love with me."

 

There were gasps. Some squealed. Most of them just stared in disbelief...

Just as I did.

 

He took a step back and turned around, heading back upstage. When he made it to the center of the stage, his performance ended. He gazed at me once more with a faint smile on his lips.

 

My mind was blank.

 

What just happened?

 

I looked around to see everyone staring at me.

My first instinct was to run.

Without thinking, I pushed my way through to get out of the crowd.

My ears blocked out the screaming of the fans.

 

My legs unconsciously carried me backstage, where I found was the safest. The guards let me through and the sitting room was empty, thank goodness. Everyone must be watching the show.

I heard a new song blasting through. I recognized it as a title song, so all of the guys must be on stage right now.

I slumped down onto the couch in the corner of the room.

I couldn't really recollect what had just happened. My mind was a little fuzzy and the screaming fans actually left me with a slight headache.

I pulled my knees up against my chest.

 

Sigh... Now did that really happen?

I didn't realize what was going on at that moment... Maybe I'm just imagining things.

 

He kissed me, right?

No... That couldn't have happened. He hates my guts.

 

My fingers brushed against my lips.

 

But it really did happen...

 

That wasn't on the script, was it?

What on earth was he thinking?

Why did he do it? Aren't we mad at each other? I don't remember making up with him. I hope he isn't trying to brush it off like that without a reason or apology. I'm certainly not forgiving him if this is his way of apologizing!

What am I saying...? He didn't even do anything wrong... Did he?

And the fans... Oh my god, the fans! The fans already hate me! And now that he kissed me, they're gonna hate me even more! He was planning on adding fuel to the flame, wasn't he? This was his way of revenge! He WANTS his fans to kill me!

This GIVES me a reason to be mad at him!

And "fall in love with me?" What's that supposed to mean? Was that a part of the song? Ugh, what's the name of that song?

 

I'm thinking too much... I should stop before it gets out of hand.

 

I sat there, staring at the blank wall for about fifteen minutes, not realizing that two songs had already passed. Great, I just missed two awesome performances.

Just as the song ended, I heard applauding in the other room, probably where the staff were. Soon after, there was stomping and voices of guys coming backstage.

 

"But still, I can't believe he did that!" I heard.

They walked into the sitting room, not seeing me in the corner at first. But when they did, they stopped at an instant. I felt their stares boring into me. I just sat there in a ball, expressionless.

The next song came on. A slow and sad one. I knew it was Super Junior K.R.Y's turn. Which meant Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, and Yesung are on stage.

Someone came and sat next to me. Without turning, I knew it was Siwon. Only his arms are that tone... Aside from Leeteuk and Donghae.

"Everything alright?" he aked.

I shrugged.

He silently stared at me in a way that I could tell that he was understanding, but at the same time, not sure what to say.

"I never saw it coming," I finally broke the silence.

"I don't think any of us did," he said. Siwon put an arm around me and squeezed my shoulder. "It's okay."

"Not really," I frowned.

"Okay, not really. But everything's going to be fine. It was just a kiss after all."

"Just a kiss? It wasn't just a kiss! It was a kiss in front of hundreds of thousands of people! People who are madly in love with him and are capable of breaking me into a gazillion pieces!" I buried my face into my hands.

He blinked at my sudden outburst at first. Then he patted my head. "But they don't know who you are."

 

...He's right.

 

"Oh my god, YOU'RE RIGHT!" my eyes lit up.

This wig. This wig has saved my life! Oh, dear funky wig, I love youuuu!

Heechul DID "dare" me to put this thing on... Maybe I shouldn't feel too upset at him.

"I hope that made you feel better," he chuckled.

"It did!" I exclaimed. "It really did. Thank's Siwon." Now I know I don't have to worry about being kidnapped or killed any time soon.

"Siwon! Where are you?" Leeteuk called for him.

"I guess I gotta go now. Turn on the TV. You'll be able to watch the show from here if you feel unsafe heading back out there," he said, taking the remote and handing it to me.

"Thanks again," I smiled softly.

"Any time, Mina," he smiled back.

I pressed the power button, making the TV flash on. The camera was panning over the ELFs with the blue light sticks. Then it jumped to the stage, where Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, and Yesung had just finished singing.

I wish I could've heard Yesung sing... Yesung... Oh, Yesung! Omo, Yesung must've seen THAT happen too! Oh no... What do I tell him? Wait, why am I even thinking of what to tell him? We're not even dating... What sense would that make?

If I'm too nervous to confront Yesung later, how am I going to approach Heechul? I can't help but feel awkward about it. What am I going to say when I see him...? Will we even talk? It's stupid to stop talking after a kiss. I've completely forgotten that he was mad at me. Our argument was the last thing on my mind.

What now?

What do I do?

 

My pocket vibrated. A text from Meela. "Where are you? D: -Meela"

Oh yeah, Meela and Jongjin are still here... Whoa, so THAT happened right in front of Meela. Oh lord, how am I going to face her without her making fun of me? 

"I'm backstage -Mina"

"Okay, stay there! The people around us are still talking about what happened. That was a hot kiss though. ;D -Meela"

I face-palmed myself. This girl... A hot kiss? Pffft.

"I wish I could be there with you. :( Have fun! -Mina"

I placed my phone on the table and stared up at the TV. I'm back in square one... Stuck watching a screen instead of seeing the real thing. Just like when I was sick while they had their Super Show in Seoul. I came here to take in the whole experience, not watch TV. I'm a little disappointed.

For the next two hours, it was just me, the TV, and my phone. Oh, and the bag of snacks I found sitting on that table over there.

I took my jacket off and tossed it on the couch. I managed to take my wig off without a mirror. Not the best thing I've ever done, but at least it was off. I took my hair out of the braid and tamed it with my fingers.

Sigh... This is sad. I watched their half-time show. ALONE. They looked were having so much fun. Spraying water at each other and throwing bouncy balls.

Then Ryeowook came out in a tomato suit, along with Kyuhyun in a bell pepper costume. Another song started playing and the rest of the members came out dressed as some sort of vegetable. The song actually made me snicker a few times... It was totally out of their music genre, but it was so cute. I noticed that Yesung was a broccoli. He was a cute broccoli... And Heechul was a chili. You can say that his costume matched his personality.

 

When the two hours finally passed, my eyes were droopy and I was tired of being alone. The concert was finally ending. The time that passed made me feel a little better. In fact, I almost forgot about what happened... That is until now when I brought it back up again. Sigh.

"I would like for our staff who helped us put this concert together to please step out," Leeteuk said. "As well as Zhou Mi and Henry for being here with us today. This is the first Super Show we've had with every one of our members together."

"Come on, Zhou Mi," I heard a voice call down the hall. "You have longer legs than me, why aren't you walking any faster??"

"My legs are burning from those back-to-back performances, Henry!" he slowed down to lean on the doorway. "Oh! Mina!" he spotted me.

"Whoa, were you here this whole time?" Henry poked his head in.

"Yeah, I kind of was..." I puffed my cheeks.

"WE were in here this whole time too! Why didn't you come sit with us?"

"WHAT?" So this WHOLE time... I coulda had someone to talk to... THIS WHOLE TIME, I coulda been hanging out with Zhou Mi and Henry instead of sitting here... ALONE.

"Mina, come on! You're part of our crew! You can come upstage!" Zhou Mi rushed.

"Huh? Oh, okay," I followed them out.

A breeze brought in the new atmosphere upstage. The view of the sapphire sea was brilliant. Is this what they see whenever they're upstage and performing? Masses of sapphire blue lights...

Without knowing, I was put at one end of the stage between Heechul to my left and Zhou Mi to my right. Let the awkwardness settle in...

He didn't take one glance at me. And not one word was said. There was actually a smile on his face. Not sure if it's a fake one to keep his fans from worrying or if he's really happy.

Leeteuk continued his thanks and farewells, along with the other members. The microphone was passed down the row for each member to give a short speech to their fans. I wasn't  really listening, though. I was more focused on the pretty blue lights.

 

It's starting to get hot... The stage lights above shone down and directly at us. It's about to make me sweat... Why is it so hot?

 

I heard a loud creaking sound. Almost like a dying whale...

Weird. It was coming from... Above?

I felt something make contact with the skin on my shoulder. I ignored it and assumed it was confetti that was flying around.

Just as I was about to look up and check to see if there was actually confetti in the air, something hit me again. The object fell onto the floor. I looked down, moving my foot. Te object rolled over.

Upon close examination, it was... A screw?

I looked back up to see where it came from.

 

The creaking got louder.

 

Above us, in front and to my left, was a giant light fixture. The one that was heating me up.

It was swaying.

 

Did anyone not notice this?

 

Another screw dropped from out of nowhere. Another creak. It must be from that light fixture then.

Is it about to...?

Would it be rude to stop them to say that a light fixture was about to fall from the sky?

 

The fourth screw fell.

 

It was now hanging to one side, swinging slowly and steadily.

 

The roaring of the bent metal stopped Siwon in the middle of his speech.

 

 

CRACK!!

 

 

"HEECHUL!!"

 

 

I threw myself at him and all my force was put into pushing him aside.

There was a loud crash and the whole stadium gasped.

 

Everything that happened just then was as blurry as what had happened during his performance.

 

The sapphire blue lights were now blocked by the giant light fixture that was now laying on the ground in front of me.

 

A slow numbing sensation crept up my right side as my vision was flooded by darkness.

 

I don't know what happened after that.

 

 

I just know that I out.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 37 PREVIEW:

*Putting anything here will either spoil it or ruin the mood I just created, so I'm just gonna leave it blank for this chapter. Have fun imagining!*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to update with this chapter on AFF like YEARS AGO. So here it is now!