Chapter 8

Super Maid & The 13 Dorks

 

"Kyuhyun? Are you alright?" I asked, poking my head into his room.

He didn't come to breakfast this morning, but rather stayed in his room. The members left half an hour ago, leaving the dorm silent... Except for occasional banging from Kyuhyun's room.

"Uh huh." He sat with his eyes glued onto the computer screen, one hand on the mouse, and fingers repeatedly tapping on the keyboard.

"Kyuhyun... If it's because of the wine, I'm really sorry," I told him, remembering what happened last night. "I'll buy you a new bottle."

"It wasn't your fault; you didn't know," he said with a dull expression.

There was an awkward silence as I stood at his door, watching him get into his game.

"Well... Umm," I broke the silence. I stepped into the room a little. "Here's your breakfast," I held out the plate of toast, eggs, and bacon.

"You can just leave it here," he said, tapping the empty desk space next to him, and quickly replacing his hand on the mouse.

"Okay," I placed it next to him. "Enjoy~"

I left the room, shutting his door.

Sigh... What to do now... Pfft, whatchu mean "what to do now." You're a maid, Mina! There's always something to do! I agreed with myself and grabbed a bottle of Windex. I moved the curtains and sprayed down the window-wall. Using a rag, I swiftly wiped it up and down.

Wow, the city looks really nice from here... So many buildings and streets. Omo, imagine how beautiful it'd be at night.

Oh! I forgot there's a balcony here! I slid the door open and stepped out. Ahh, what a breeze~ From here, I could hear honking of cars, and incoherent voices of people. If I look farther and farther, I could see twisting tracks of a roller coaster and a giant Ferris Wheel. Isn't that Lotte World?

I've always wanted to go to Lotte World with Meela~! It doesn't look too far of a drive from here. I'll add this to my list of things-to-do-with-Meela.

Enjoying the sight and breeze a little too much, I almost forgot I had to finish wiping the windows. I cleaned both sides of the sliding door and went back in. Spraying more Windex, I continued on the other half of the window-wall.

"And Seoul is squeaky clean~!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms up.

BANG! "Aisshhh!" I heard.

Was that Kyu again?

"Err, is everything okay, Kyuhyun?" I poked my head in.

"Yeah, everything's fine," he replied, running his hand through his messy bed hair.

His breakfast was still next to him, untouched. Was he really not hungry? I walked in to take up his plate.

"You're not gonna eat this?" I asked.

He looked away from the screen for a second to grab a piece of toast. "Thanks."

Hmm. I guess I'll just re-heat this and eat it myself. I turned around to leave.

"Wait, Mina," he said. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Yes?" Of course, it depends on what it is...

"Buy me Diablo 3 at the game shop down the street," Kyuhyun said, taking money out of the wallet on his table and putting it in my hand. "Thank you~" he smiled before turning his attention back to the screen.

*                            *                            *

Down the street, he said? I think I walked about 2 blocks before I finally found it. A guy with big nerd glasses welcomed me as I walked in.

Diablo 3... Where am I going to find that? It's a computer game, isn't it? So I should go look for the PC games section! Ah, you are smart, Mina! You are smart...

I walked past the small aisles. Xbox... PlayStation 3... Nintendo DS... Wii... PC games~!

There's already someone in the small area. Two people, to be exact. One of them was blonde. She was pretty, with a slim...

YAH! That's the blodne from the SM building! The mean one that insulted me in the bathroom! What's she doing here?

"Wasn't Kyu oppa talking about this game on twitter? He said he wanted this one, right?" she said to the other girl.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's that one," the girl responded.

Kyu? She means Kyuhyun, right? I looked at the game in her hand. "Diablo III." That's the game he asked me to buy! But... If she's getting it for him...

No! He asked me to buy it for him. And as Super Junior's maid, it's my duty to get it! Not let someone else buy it for him! Hmph!

I looked at the shelf in front of her. Diablo I and Diablo II... Next to it, the shelf was empty. Does that mean... SHE HAS THE LAST ONE? Omo. What do I do. Kyuhyun wants that game. Should I just snatch it from her and run?

"Are you sure it wasn't this one?" the blonde picked up Diablo I. She flipped it around, examining it.

"I'm sure it wasn't Diablo I. But it might've been Diablo II," the other girl said.

The blonde put down Diablo III and- WAIT, she put it down. Here's my chance!

"Aish, check twitter on your phone, Tiff!"

"I-I don't have a twitter account..."

I squeezed in the small aisle and stuck my arm out at the game. I grabbed it and casually hurried out towards the cash register.

"And that will be 75,925 won," the cashier told me.

I pulled out the money Kyuhyun gave me and handed it to him.

"Thank you, and have a great day," he said, giving back the change.

"Thank you, you too," I flashed a big grin.

Mission complete.

*                            *                            *

"Kyuhyuuuuuuun~!" I sang, opening the door to his room.

"You got it?" his face lit up.

"Yup," I answered, taking it out of the bag. "And here's your change," I pulled it out of my pocket.

"Thank youuuu," he smiled childishly, taking the game. "Keep the change."

I watched as he opened the box excitedly, throwing the papers and instructions to the side. He inserted the disk and installed the game.

Interested in what could make him so happy, I sat down on the bed behind him. The bed is pink, and has a few stuffed bunnies on it, so it must be Sungmin's.

"Can I watch?" I asked, amused.

"Mhmm," he replied cheerfully.

The game booted up, making him snicker. It turns out Diablo III is a fantasy role-paying game. I stared at the screen as he set up and started the game. Within 15 minutes, he leveled up 7 times and banged on his keyboard twice.

DING DONG~!

"That was the door bell?" I turned to Kyuhyun.

"Yeah, can you go get that?"

Who could it be... Maybe one of the members left their key. I opened the door to welcome whoever was on the other side.

"Hi."

 

*KYUHYUN'S POV*

Just one more and I'll level up...!

"Kyuhyunnn~" I heard Mina call from the hallway.

"Yes? Who was at the door?" I called back. People rarely visit us... Unless it's some program coming to our dorm. Maybe one of the members are coming home early...

"It's someone named Jessica," she responded, with a voice that almost sounded annoyed.

"Jessica? Tell her to come in," I told her, without looking away from the screen.

What is she coming here for? Last time she came, she asked to borrow Donghae's shirt... She never returned it. -_-

"Kyuhyun-ah~!" Jessica's frilly voice filled my room.

"Annyeong, Jessica," I said, pausing my game out of courtesy. Pfft, but whatever she wants, she better make it fast, so I can continue playing.

"How are you today~?" she asked.

"I'm great! How are you?" Aish, this process again...

"I'm good, thank you for asking! Are the others away right now?"

"Yeah, they won't be back until 4:00pm," I responded.

Mina sat on Sungmin's bed behind me, trailing her finger up and down his pink sheets. Is there some kind of awkward tension between these two...? I must be imagining things...

Not being able to resist it anymore, I unpaused my game and continued. Just a little more and-

"Look at what I got you, oppa!" Jessica exclaimed. From the corner of my eye, I spot her holding out a familiar game box. "Diablo 2! You posted something on twitter saying you wanted this game, right?"

AHAHAHAHA, is she insane? Diablo II was released so many years ago. Who would want that when Diablo III was released this year? I let out a small laugh, hoping she wouldn't hear it.

"I-is something funny, oppa?" she asked, confused. "Ah, you must be so happy I got this for you!" she came to her own conclusion.

"Jessica..." How do I say this without offending her... "The game I wanted was Diablo 3, not 2."

"Huh?"

"This one," I showed her the box. "See? Mina already got it for me earlier."

"Mina? Who's Mina?" she asked.

"Maid on Sungmin's bed," I pointed back.

"Yah!" she suddenly shouted, making me pause my game and turn around. "You were the one that snatched the last Diablo III off the shelf, weren't you?" she pointed at Mina.

"Wait, what happened?" I blinked.

"Me and Tiffany were looking for the game for you. But we weren't sure which one you wanted, so we put down Diablo III for just one second to look at the other two... And she took it!"

WOW. Amazing. I looked at Mina to see her biting her lip as if she was trying to hold in her laugh.

"What do I do with this now..." Jessica sighed. "You can still take this, oppa," she put a hand on my shoulder and placed her game on my desk. For some reason, I always feel uncomfortable when she calls me oppa.

"Go return it," I told her, returning to my game.

"What?"

"Return it," I repeated. "I already have that game. And I've completed it 8 times already," I grinned proudly.

"But-" she stopped. "Fine. I'll see you soon, Kyuhyun," she said, backing away.

I could've sworn she gave Mina a dirty look before leaving the room. The sound of the front door being slammed could be heard all the way here. She can't be too mad just because of that...

"I'll go make sure the door is locked," Mina said, getting up.

The way she acted towards Mina wasn't very friendly. She usually sweetens up to people when she first meets them to get them to like her... Hmph. Well she doesn't call herself the Ice Princess for nothing.

 A few seconds later, Mina returned with a glass of juice.

"Here, I thought you'd might like some," she handed the cup to me.

"Thanks," I took a sip. "YES, LEVEL UP!" I shouted, making her giggle. I took another sip of juice. "So Mina..." I started.

"Yes?"

"I don't know if it was just me... But I feel like you and Jessica don't get along very well."

There was an awkward silence before she finally shrugged, "Meh."

"It's more than just the game?"

"Kinda," she responded. "I saw her in the bathroom on the day of my job interview and she sorta dissed me."

Ah, so that explains it. "You should ignore her," I suggested. "Getting in a mess with Jessica isn't such a good idea."

"What's her position here?" she asked.

"She's Jung Jessica of SNSD. They call her the Ice Princess."

"Well that's not a surprise..."

Time passes by quick when you're playing Diablo III... It's been about three hours, and I'm almost level 25.

I completely forgot that Mina was in the room! She's been quiet for a while now... Is she still in here?

I turned around to see her curled up at the end of Sungmin's bed. Her shoulders rose and fell with every breath. She was fast asleep.

Diablo III isn't really that boring, is it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9 Preview:

"Earlier this week, fans have spotted Super Junior's Sungmin in a cafe with an unidentified female. Yesterday, the same girl walked out of Go Games after buying Diablo III, a game Kyuhyun tweeted about, and walked back towards the SM dorms," the news anchor announced. "Just in today, someone sent us surveillance tapes of Ryeowook and Donghae grocery shopping with her. Who is this mystery girl?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry if it's impossible to reach level 7 within 15 minutes of the playing Diablo III. No research material. D;

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! It was written in one day, because I was bored out of my mind. Stay tuned for the upcoming action~!