Chapter 14

Super Maid & The 13 Dorks

 

Yaaaaaawn. The rays of sunlight blinded me as I sat up on the couch, ready to start the day.

"Good morning, Honeeey~!" a tall figure rushed to my side.

"Good morning, Sunshine," I responded, trying to sound my best.

Zhou Mi was still in his pajamas, rocking his Mario slippers. His big grin showed that he was awake long ago... What time is it anyways?

"Good morninggg," a cheery Henry stepped into the living room.

"Good morning, Henry. Why are you guys already awake?" I asked curiously.

"Mario Cart," they responded in unison.

Confused, I raised an eyebrow. "Mario Cart...?"

"Zhou Mi couldn't sleep, so he woke me up... And he wanted to play Mario Cart," Henry answered.

I gave Zhou Mi "that look," making him turn away and laugh.

"It's about time the others wake up too. Wanna go at it?" Henry suggested with a mischievous smirk.

"You naughty maknae," Zhou Mi gasped, squinting at Henry. "...Let's go!"

They started by tip-toeing into Eunhyuk's room... And hitting him with a pillow. Then we escaped into Leeteuk's room, poking and pulling his leg hair. We did the same to Shindong. Down the hall was Donghae's room, where we made creepy sounds until he accidentally kicked Henry. Siwon was no fun. We only creaked his door open, and he already woke up. I guess he's a light sleeper.

"Okay guys, shhhh..." Henry hushed us as we stood outside Kyuhyun and Sungmin's room. He slowly cracked the door open, making sure there was no noise. Slowly... Slowly... He only opened the door wide enough so that we'd be able to squeeze in. But when I got in there, I noticed that one of the beds we empty.

To the side, Kyuhyun was on his computer. We all gasped in surprise, making him pause his game and stare at us with a confused look on his face. Without a word, Henry made his way next to Sungmin's bed, where he was sleeping soundly with a pink bunny in his arms.

"This is for last time, Lee Sungmin," Henry reached his hands out with an evil smile. He pinched and squeezed Sungmin's cheeks, with the evil smile still on his face.

"Nnnng," Sungmin made an incoherent noise. "Stop it, Kyu..."

Henry looked away, trying hard not to laugh. His hands remained on Sungmin's face.

"Kyuuu," Sungmin groaned. "Stoooop..."

Henry, still holding in his laughter, squeezed harder. Resulting in a pink bunny to his face, and an annoyed Sungmin.

"Yah!" Sungmin opened his eyes to see Henry hovering over him. "LOOK, mochi cheeks," he said in a sassy tone.

Zhou Mi and I busted out laughing at Sungmin's voice. He sounded like he was ready to beat Henry down with his pink bunny.

"Sungmin-ah, it's time to get up," I said, calming him down.

"Okay, Minaaa~" he switched back to being cute.

We left the and went into Yesung and Ryeowook's room next door. Usually, I wouldn't have to wake these two up. Maybe I'm a little early this morning.

Zhou Mi crept over to Ryeowook and slowly pulled his blanket off of him. I watched, amused, as Ryeowook pulled it back over him, and the process repeats.

Then I realized. Laying right there, was Yesung. His black hair was messy... The perfect kind of messy. The white v-neck he wore showed off his collar bones. Oh, how I wanted to touch them so bad. He looked so peaceful sleeping. Almost angelic. And beautiful.

I was too drawn in by Yesung's perfection to notice Zhou Mi and Henry tickling Wookie behind me. His laughing got louder and louder, not that I cared at the moment. Then...

"BOO!"

Shocked, I dropped to the floor, not knowing what was going on. My face was inches from Yesung's as he slowly opened his eyes.

Zhou Mi and Henry cracked up, seeing what had just happened. Ryeowook sat up on his bed, confused as I was.

Yesung and I silently stared at each other for a moment. He softly smiled, making my heart skip a beat or two. Nervous, I backed away and announced that it was time to get out of bed.

Lastly... Heechul's room. The room I've always been afraid to enter in the morning. Up until now, there has always been someone else who woke him up for me.

Heebum's ears perked up as he heard us come in. He was sleeping on Heechul's stomach, being the good cat he was. Henry reached over to grab one of Heechul's pillows.

"I'll let you do the honors, Mina," he whispered with a smirk. He and Zhou Mi started snickering.

Gladly, I took it from him. Holding up the pillow, aiming at his face, I put on an evil grin. "Kim Heechul, you are one big-"

"Hit me with that and I'll kill you."

I looked again to see Heechul staring right at me.

"I-It's time to wake up..."

 

*                          *                          *

Ring... Ring...

"MINA!"

"MEELA! Loveee, how are you?"

"You didn't call me last night!" she exclaimed.

"Aw, I'm sorry. I was kinda busy."

"I saw you on TV again! And you took a picture with that Heechul guy! Is there something going on over there?" she said with a sly tone. "Y'know, between you two?"

"NO! Of course not! Never!" I sputtered. "And the media thinks that I'm Chae Ji."

"I never heard of her. But after seeing that photo of her, she looks an awful lot like you. What are you gonna do about that?"

"I don't know... I'll just let Heechul handle it. He started the mess anyway," I said.

"Ah... What's Heechul like?" she asked curiously.

"Girl, he is MEAN. And so demanding! I don't understand why your'e so interested in him."

"What, really? I thought he was pretty cool!"

"No, no, no! The cool one is Zhou Mi! He wasn't performing at the festival though, so you haven't seen him. But he's awesome! And ten times cooler than Heechul!"

"Really, now?" she challenged. "You been playing favorites?"

"Nope," I answered. "I told them all that I didn't have a favorite. But aside from Zhou Mi, there's this other guy that's nice too... He helped me whe-"

"WAAAAAAAAAAH, I can't take this anymore, Mina!" she suddenly bawled. "We haven't seen each other for like two weeks! I don't remember a time where we were separated for this long!"

"Meelaaaa, don't worry. I'm still trying to figure out a way to see you."

"You told me that two weeks ago," she sobbed.

"I-I'll try even harder! I'll try to sneak out again!"

"I haven't had fun in sucha long time... You should hurry so we can go to that sandwich shop that just opened down the street!"

"It opened already? Hmm... I'll visit you soon, then!"

"Don't lie to me again, missy."

"I'm not," I laughed. "I'll visit you within... 7 days," I guaranteed her.

"Great! I can't wait," she giggled. "Now what were you saying before I rudely interrupted you?"

"Oh yeah! So I was saying," I continued. "Zhou Mi is the greatest and-"

"Am I, now?" a voice spoke.

Zhou Mi was leaning on the door frame, with a big grin on his face. He crossed his arms and flipped his hair... Diva.

"Umm... I'll call you later, love! I have to go now," I laughed nervously. "Bye bye~!"

Still leaning on the door frame with his arms cross, I glared at him. He came to sit on the floor next to me.

"Yah! Were you eavedropping?" I stared at him suspiciously.

"Of course not~ I heard my name and just decided to see what you were talking about!"

I pouted at him. Perhaps he has the right to know that he's my bias...

"So who was that?" Zhou Mi scooted closer. "Does someone have a boyfriend?"

"What? No, haha," I replied, confused. What makes him think I have a boyfriend?

"Don't lie, I heard you call him 'love,'" he nudged me. "It's okay, I won't tell no one."

"ZHOU MI!" I exclaimed. "I don't have a boyfriend. That was my best friend, Meela. And she's a girl!" I explained.

"Oh," he said, dumbfounded.

"I haven't seen her in so long..." I sighed.

"Then why don't we pay her a visit?" Zhou Mi suggeted.

"Wha?" my eyes lit up.

"Y'know, go to her house."

"Really?" I jumped in excitement.

"Yeah, get dressed. I'll drive you," he smiled.

"Omo. Zhou Mi, you're the best!" I threw my arms around him.

"I know, I know," he responded.

Zhou Mi left the room so I could find myself a cute outfit. I ended up with a grey mustache-print shirt and a pair of white shorts. I ran to find Zhou Mi, so we could leave as quickly as we could.

"Henryyyy," he called out. "We're leavingggg! We'll be back soon, okay?"

An anxious Henry dashed out from his room.

"Waiittttt! I wanna come too!"

 

*                          *                          *

"Okay, hide me!" I rushed behind Zhou Mi. At least there was an advantage to being short.

Knock knock...

Within a few moments, the door finally opened. My beautiful best friend stood at the door in her pajama pants.

"Hellooo~" Zhou Mi and Henry chorused.

"...Hi?" Meela responded, confused. "Can I help you?"

Henry and Zhou Mi started speaking to her in Chinese...

"I-I'm sorry, what? I don't speak... Japanese?"

They started laughing. Her face was priceless.

"MEEEEEELAAAAAAAAA!!!" I jumped out at her.

"OHMYGOSH, MINAAA!!" she yelled.

I ran, knocking Zhou Mi out of the way, and threw my arms around her.

"Minaminaminaminamina~!" she squeezed me. "Omo, come in!"

I quickly stepped inside with Zhou Mi and Henry awkwardly following behind me.

"Who are these, your Japanese bodyguards?" Meela stared wide-eyed.

"No, silly! They're Chinese," I laughed. "This is Henry," I gestured to my left. "And this is..." I paused to suppress my big smile. "Zhou Mi," I managed to squeak.

"Ah, so you're Zhou Mi! Mina has told me much about you," she smirked.

"Psh, no I didn't. What are you talking about?" I turned to her, flustered.

"Nice to meet you two~!" she shook both of their hands.

"I missed this place so much~" I took a deep breath. "It smells like home."

I looked around, spotting her tiny kitchen. One of the cabinets was full of instant noodles. The other was filled with junk food.

"Meela! Is this all you've been eating??" I went over to grab a pack of noodles.

"Yeah. Do you see what you've done to me by leaving?" she pouted.

"Aw, my poor Meela. What else has been going wrong?"

"I buy paper plates and plastic spoons, so I don't have to do the dishes... I eat cupcakes for breakfast. And I don't play Mario Cart anymore, because playing alone is no fun."

"You play Mario Cart tooooo?" Zhou Mi gasped.

"Zhou Mi-ah, you and your Mario Cart," I turned to him, amused.

"I'm hoping to find a job soon. Almost down to 453,000 won... I'm only going to last here for another month!" she exclaimed. "What's it like being a maid?"

"Depends on who you're working for," I answered.

"Is it hard being a maid?"

"Depends on who you're working for," I repeated.

"Yah, that's not answering any of my questions."

"Hehe, it's not that difficult, I guess. But that Kim Heechul makes everything harder for me..."

"I didn't think he was that bad," she said.

"You should've hit him with the pillow this morning, Mina. It was your chance!" Henry exclaimed.

"I thought Kyuhyun was supposed to be the evil maknae," I turned to Zhou Mi.

"Actually, Henry's the real maknae," he said.

"Really?" I asked, surrprised. "I never got your age, Henry."

"I'm 18," he answered. "But I'm turning 19 on October 11th!"

"That's 3 days after my birthday!" Meela said, excitedly.

"So that means I'm older than you!" I gasped.

"Should I start calling you noona?" Henry asked.

"What? Noona? Pfft, no. Makes me feel old. Besides, you're only younger by a few months."

"Mina!" Meela got my attention back. "Remember what we were talking about on the phone? The sandwich shop?"

"Oh, yeah! The sandwich shop."

"How about it?" she suggested with a smile that I couldn't decline.

"Sure, why not? It'll be fun with the four of us!"

"Alright, let me change! I'll be riiiiggghhhht back~"

 

*                          *                          *

Sandwich House... This place had everything from clubhouse sandwiches, to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, to ice cream sandwiches.

"Delicious," Henry said with a mouthful of his ham and cheese sandwich.

"I know, right?" Meela agreed, taking a bite.

"We should come here together more often," Zhou Mi suggested.

"Yessss," I said.

"Lucky for me, it's just down the street," Meela stated. "You wish you still lived here, don't you, Mina?" she smirked at me.

"Hey, there's nothing I can do about that!" I retorted.

"You jealous, Mina? YOU JELLY?" she teased.

With a finger, I picked up some jelly from my PB&J sandwich and wiped it on her nose.

"Hey!" she exclaimed. She wiped the jelly off and curiously decided to take a at it... Only Meela would do that. "This jelly tastes ten times better than the one at the store," her eyes lit up.

"I have a whole sandwich with that jelly in it. All to mysellffffff~" I gloated. "YOU JELLY?"

The next ten minutes continued with the "YOU JELLY?" game and ended when Zhou Mi came back with ice cream sandwiches for all of us.

"Thank youuu~" we said in English to Zhou Mi.

"You're wecome," he responded with an accent.

"Wait, Henry knows English!" I suddenly realized. "...Oh, his name is Henry." Facepalm.

"How much dumber can you get?" Meela laughed.

This is where we all started speaking in English, leaving Zhou Mi out.

"Sayyyy... Let's talk about Zhou Mi," Henry suggested, putting emphasis on Zhou Mi's name.

"Hmm... Okay! I like his hair," Meela said.

"I like his legs," I grinned. "But that's between the three of us, 'cause no one's supposed to know," I squinted at them.

"He dresses like a woman," Henry snickered.

"What? Zhou Mi's just fashionable!" I argued.

"Guysss, why are you suddenly speaking in English? And why is my name in your conversation?" he asked, pouting.

"It takes him half an hour to get ready every morning! That's even worse than Heechul, who spends 10 minutes of his morning looking at himself in the mirror," Henry added.

"Yah, I don't understand you, Henry," Zhou Mi glared at him.

"Haha, Heechul's so pretty!" Meela said dreamily.

"Nuh-uh! He's only pretty on the outside! Look at Zhou Mi. He's pretty on both sides."

"Honey~! Tell me what's going on," Zhou Mi gave me his best aegyo face.

"Haha, look at Zhou Mi whining," Henry laughed.

That's when Zhou Mi impatiently started speaking to Henry in Chinese. I only knew enough Mandarin to start a casual conversation.

"You mad, bro?" Henry spoke to him.

Zhou Mi let out a long string of words. The ones I could make out included "you, now, Korean, and ice cream."

"Zhou Miiii," I started. "Teach me the dance to 'Miss Chic'," I changed the subject.

"Oh, you saw my performance?" he lightened up.

"Yes, yes, yes! It was amazing! You were fabulous!" I commented.

"Aww, thank you~ I tried my best," he smiled. "Maybe I'll teach you when we get home."

"How come you guys weren't at the festival a while ago?" Meela asked.

"We were promoting in China," Henry answered. "For about a week."

"And we don't have anything on our schedule for a while~" Zhou Mi added cheerfully.

"I never got a chance to take a look at your agendas," I told them. "In fact, I don't think I have yours," I tried remembering a planner with their name on it.

"Oh, I forgot to give it to you the other day," Zhou Mi said. "The fortune cookies were calling me."

"How much of those do you have left?" I asked.

"I haven't opened the cappuccino box yet. Or the strawberry box. But the chocolate ones are about to be gone! You should take some before I eat them all," he laughed.

"Omo, Donghae and Ryeowook hyung got me lychee on the day we came home!" Henry exclaimed.

"Oh yeah, they did. I didn't see them anywhere this morning. Where'd you put them?" I said.

"In my stomach," he responded proudly.

"You didn't save us any?" Zhou Mi gasped.

"You didn't offer me any fortune cookies!"

"You didn't ask!"

"Mina! Why didn't you get ME any fortune cookies?" Meela pouted.

"You never asked~" I responded.

"But-"

"Heyyyyy, loooook!" I cut her off. "It's a squirrel~!" I pointed at the creature that was poking at the ground.

"That's a park?" Henry stared out the window, across the street.

"Yeah, me and Mina would go there all the time!" Meela replied.

"Can we go there?" Henry asked, his eyes twinkling.

"Sure," I responded. "Let's go~!"

 

*                          *                          *

After an hour of chasing squirrels and feeding birds, we were exhausted. As we rested, Henry went over to one of the random vendors on the sidewalk.

"Look guys, I'm a chipmunk," he mumbled, his mouth full of whatever he just bought.

Meela laughed hysterically as he hopped around us, eventually stumbling over Zhou Mi's foot.

"I'm out of bird seeds," Zhou Mi said.

"No more mochi," Henry added. Turns out it was mochi in his mouth. It took him a while to chew it all too. Silly Henry...

"It's 4:17pm. You think we should be heading back?" Zhou Mi asked.

"Yeah... Some of the members might be home already. And it won't be long before I have to prepare dinner," I puffed my cheeks.

"Alright," he said, getting up.

"Aw, leaving already?" Meela whined.

"Yeah... Sorry, love," I told her.

"It's okay. We had a great time today! This should happen more often," she grinned widely.

"Definitely," I agreed.

We walked towards the place Zhou Mi parked at. I stopped a few feet away from his car and turned to Meela.

"Well... This is it," I went over to hug her.

She squeezed me tightly. "I'll see you soon?"

"I hope so! Find a job so you won't be so bored and depressed," I added, pulling away.

"Haha, I'm trying my best," she assured me. "And you take care of yourself."

"Pfft, shouldn't I be the one telling you that? You're the one with a cabinet dedicated to ramen."

"Whatever. And don't let that pretty Heechul bully you. Or he'll get a piece of this."

"You guys are acting like you'll never see each other again. Wrap it up," Zhou Mi laughed.

"Okay, okay! BYEEE, MEELA~!" I hugged her one last time.

"Bye, love~! Make kimchi fried rice for me next time you come over!"

 

*                          *                          *

"Welcome homeeee~!" Sungmin greeted us as we walked through the door. "Where were you guys?"

"We went to eat sanchwiches and chase squirrels with my best friend," I answered happily.

"And you guys didn't invite me? I'm hurt," he clutched his chest.

"Your heart is on the other side, Sungmin."

He quickly shifted his hand over to the left. "I knew that," he put on a cute smile, attempting to make me forget his little mistake.

"Who else is home?" I asked.

"Hmm... Ryeowook, Kyuhyun... Eunhyuk and Leeteuk," he listed.

"HEECHUL IS HOMEEEE," a voice shouted from the entrance.

"And Heechul," Sungmin added.

"Meh... I'll wait until later to make dinner," I decided.

"That's fine~ Can you make seafood pasta tonight?"

"Why of course, Minnie," I smiled.

"You stopped calling me oppa," he pouted.

"Aw, sorry, oppa. I forgot, haha."

"I heard that you started calling Leeteuk, Heechul, and Yesung 'oppa' too!"

"What? Where'd you hear that from? I'd NEVER call Heechul 'oppa'!" I exclaimed.

Sungmin looked at me suspiciously, waving his finger. "I'm supposed to be your favorite oppa, remember?"

"R-Right, haha," I replied.

I followed him into the living room, where Heechul was sitting on the couch with his feet on the table. He was focused on his phone, but reached over for the TV remote.

It was on the same channel it had been on for the past two days... The lady was talking about Hyuna's new music video. Then she paused.

"We told you we would bring you more of this Heechul x Chae Ji scandal. So here it is!" she started. "Yesterday night, Chae Ji tweeted 'Heechul oppa is taking me out again tonight. Can't wait~' However, there were no fan sightings of the two anywhere. An hour ago, Heechul tweeted the same photo he posted up a few nights ago. This time, he captioned it, in bold letters, "SHE IS NOT CHAE JI."

The photo popped up with the caption underneath.

"Wah!" I covered my face. "I look awful!"

"Aww, no you don't. You look cute in there! Look at your big eyes~" Sungmin pointed out.

"And five minutes ago, Chae Ji came back with this tweet: 'So sweet, he's trying to protect me~' Fans suspect that this tweet is referring to Heechul, constantly denying that it's her."

"This girl is crazy," Heechul muttered.

"It's your fault for tweeting that photo," I stared at him.

"What do you think? Are they really meeting up? Tell us on our website at-"

"Okay," Heechul got up. "We're gonna go meet up with this Chae Ji girl. She's definitely doing this for publicity," he stated. "I know it..."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 15 Preview: *Will here post soon, because it's 4:21am and my brain is dead*

*Update: Okay, I lied about posting it here soon. But since the chapter is already out, go ahead and click 'Chapter 15 >>' to read~!*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How you guys like being trolled? Putting last chapter's preview as the last line. c: 

I have to thank Rachel for helping me plan this chapter and pick out pictures for the sidebar (on Wattpad)! SO THANK YOU, LOVE~! <3

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment or any questions, vote, and fan!