The following morning...

Love Game

Somin waited all dressed up for Hyunjoong in the morning. Her call time was 7am and it was already 6:30am but there was no sign of Hyunjoong. Granny grimly observed Somin as she looked to and fro from the clock to their driveway.

“I’ll call him…he’s a late riser…dunno how he managed to get up early all this while…hehe..” Somin chuckled nervously as she dialed Hyunjoong’s number. Just when she was about to hit the call button she heard the sound of a car from their driveway. She rushed to the door excitedly Granny following her close behind.

It wasn’t Hyunjoong’s car but a van that SS boys came in yesterday. The door slid open and the boys waved at her

“Hop in Somin-sshi” Jungmin called out

She nodded hesitantly. She went back in and took her bag. When she was about to leave, Granny stopped her ,Somin looked disappointed—this was the first time Hyunjoong didn’t come to pick her up. Grandma Jung her hair and kissed her forehead.

“Hyunjoong might be busy…that’s why he couldn’t come” Somin said as if to assure herself more than Granny.

Somin left and joined the boys.

By the time she arrived at the studio  Somin was in a better mood—all thanks to the SS boys’ jokes.As soon as she entered Somin went to Dong Sun to hand the Xerox of the scripts.

“You working on the Valentine Special?” Dong Sun asked as he flipped through the copies.

“Oh!” Somin suddenly remembered “Sorry I forgot but I’ll work on it tonight”

“Hmm don’t forget !” Dong Sun patted her head and Somin smiled.

“Hey!” a voice called out from behind. Somin turned around excitedly thinking it was Hyunjoong. But it wasn’t—it was Jihoo. Somin’s face fell .

“Hey” Somin said in a low tone

Jihoo looked at her intently as he remembered today’s morning

*FLASHBACK*

HONK HONK HONK

Jihoo and Haera have been sitting ready for quite a while.

“You’re late today I am fearing I’ll be late today. Call Time’s at 7.It’s already 6:30 and we still have to pick up Somin-sshi” Jihoo told Hyunjoong

“Aaah…Somin’s not coming” Hyunjoong replied hesitantly

“Waeyo?” Jihoo asked, confused

“Umm…this car is small as it is,it’ll get stuffy…and probably the boys will pick her up” Hyunjoong blurted out nervously “Can we go now?”

*End of Flashback*

Jihoo understood why Somin looked upset—she had been expecting Hyunjoong to pick her up like usual but he didn’t. Looking at her sad face,Jihoo forgot that she was his sister’s rival, at that moment he really wanted to wrap his arms around her and comfort her—but he couldn’t do that too.

“Have you gone through the rough draft?” he asked to divert the topic

“Hmm?”

“The rough draft of the valentine’s day episode” Jihoo cleared

“Oh!” Somin cutely slapped her temples “I totally forgot about it!” she pouted “Oh Jihoo-ah ottoke?” She suddenly grabbed his arms and shook it fervently. Her sudden touch sent electric shock through Jihoo--she felt so warm and soft! Jihoo noticed her cheeks had a hint of crimson—a totally natural blush. “Jihoo!” her sudden cry brought him out of his daze

“Huh?” was all Jihoo managed to say

“The valentine episode! What do we do?” Somin whined

“Will you be okay to spend the night with me?”

“WHAAAT?” Somin screamed. Her small eyes had grown almost double in size and her face had turned totally pale!

Jihoo laughed out loud seeing her expression—he laughed and laughed until his jaws started to ache.

Somin looked at him in confusion. Finally when he was able to control his laughter Jihoo flickered Somin’s forehead “Pabo!” he chuckled as Somin pouted and rubbed her temples

“I didn’t mean it like that!” Jihoo managed to say in between his giggles.” What I meant was if you could stay over at the studio we can work on it together and probably finish it by tomorrow morning” Jihoo burst out into laughter again as soon as he finished his sentence. Somin looked at his smiling face—he looked so innocent,so pure. She hadn’t seen him like this before—to her Jihoo always appeared to be like a cold merciless serpent. But he was different now and Somin felt herself unnaturally drawn towards him as she watched him laugh. Suddenly their eyes locked. The couldn’t look away from each other—it was as if she was lost in his eyes while he was lost in hers.

“Having fun guys?” Haera’s sudden intrusion broke their daze. They both turned to find her standing close to them with her arms crossed